[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunrise should make a new Dunbine anime I need more fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: dunbine.jpg (48KB, 233x400px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine.jpg
48KB, 233x400px
Sunrise should make a new Dunbine anime

I need more fantasy mecha series in my life.
>>
File: 1493260896258.jpg (46KB, 667x445px) Image search: [Google]
1493260896258.jpg
46KB, 667x445px
>tfw Dunbine was probably the progenitor of all the Isekai Japan has shat out over the years
>>
>>15520186
You know, clones are always flawed copies

Dunbine is awesome, the rest of isekai not so much
>>
>>15520186
It didn't quite get off the ground before Wataru happened.
>>
>>15520186
Tomino should be reaping royalties from SAO & co.
>>
>>15519909
>Sunrise should make a new Dunbine anime

Nah, I want a remake of Panzer World Galient.
Dunbine is meh, it's not even one of Tomino's best efforts.
>>
>>15520220
>I want a remake of Panzer World Galient
Why?
>>
File: Sirbine.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sirbine.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>15519909
It would be rad to see Sirbine with actual animation sometime.

>>15520186
What? First off, why are using a Japanese name for something that's existed in Western fiction since fucking forever? Did they not translate The Chronicles of Narnia or John Carter of Mars into Japanese? Or even The Wizard of Oz? I fucking know they have The Wizard of Oz in Japan. Don't even lie to me, man.

Secondly, isn't it actually .Hack that popularized the "trapped in a video game," thing, which is what 99% of the "trapped in another world" shows are now.
>>
>>15519909
After Garzey's Wing I doubt they wanna ever revisit that universe
>>
File: wings_of_rean_8286[1].jpg (28KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
wings_of_rean_8286[1].jpg
28KB, 300x450px
>>15520801
Yo.
>>
>>15520479
Because he's not as autistic as you are, evidently.
>>
>>15520479
>First off, why are using a Japanese name for something that's existed in Western fiction since fucking forever?
Because he's talking about a japanese show in the context of japan, not only that but a specific subgenre of that.
So while that anon could have said "the progenitor of all the light novel based anime adaptations where the protagonist is trapped in another fantasy world much like the earlier western fiction such as The Chronicles of Narnia, John Carter of Mars, or the Wizard of Oz which have no bearing on the actual topic that I'm trying to relate our Japanese subject back to" he instead used the word isekai.
God forbid we use japanese loan to describe japanese thing.
>>
We're getting one this season right? Knights and Magic.

When is that?
>>
File: 1487306747106.png (777KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1487306747106.png
777KB, 1280x738px
>>15520824
>reincarnation isekai LN adaptation with an overpowered protagonist with a harem
>>
>>15520895
Although the harem part apparently gets ditched a few books in, faster than usual.
>>
>>15520901
>a few books in
Well, good thing anime adaptations often make it that far.
>>
>>15520479
>Sirbine is too complicated a design to actually animate with any fidelity
>He's either a distant object without any real detail or a close up still that doesn't move or a collection of still layers lazily moved around to fake motion
>>
>>15520942
If only we had some sort of animation medium where you can animate high-detail models fluidly with a fraction of the effort it would take to do it traditionally.

It's a shame we don't have something like that, I bet /m/ would be really happy to see more complicated mecha designs become standard in TV animation.
>>
File: abcbef0e.jpg (574KB, 1406x1680px) Image search: [Google]
abcbef0e.jpg
574KB, 1406x1680px
>>15520955
If only... but there is nothing as you say.
>>
>>15520955
Not when they look like trash, no. Also
>overly complicated
>good
>>
>>15520999
I wouldn't say Sirbine is overly complicated, maybe it's too complicated for traditional animation but I'd still love to see Sirbine actually animated, but anime 3D is usually pretty bad. The only time I've really been sold on 3D mechs was Pacific Rim but that had millions of dollars and Industrial Light & Magic working on it.
>>
>>15520999
>muh perfect featureless tubes
update your prescription, you blind mongo.
>>
File: dunbine fairies.jpg (102KB, 974x732px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine fairies.jpg
102KB, 974x732px
>>15519909
Tomino's next project after the G-Reco movies is a fantasy mecha series. Wouldn't be surprised if it's another trip to Byston Well, honestly.
>>
>>15519909
I'd like a Dunbine: New Translation where Show & Co get a happy ending pls.
>>
>>15521145
Depending on how you interpret some lines in the last episode, the ending of Dunbine is actually one of Tomino's happiest endings.
>>
>>15519909
They did Wings of Rean. It's not that great. It has interesting ideas, but it was rushed af
>>
>>15521304
>Depending on how you interpret some lines in the last episode, the ending of Dunbine is actually one of Tomino's happiest endings.

Yes, I think that's a cop out meant so that the viewer can, if they want to be in denial about what they just watched, imagine that their souls went back to Byston Well.

But we watch several characters get absolutely shredded in the final battle and die of mortal wounds. Byston Well isn't just this magical, immaterial afterlife. It's a tangible place that Show and its inhabitants are alive in, bleed in, and can go back and forth between our world. We watch Garalia die in the real world, but she never reappears back in Byston Well. If their souls travel to Byston Well, they won't be who they were before or in their original forms with all their memories. They died, and who they are, are gone forever. Maybe their 'soul' lives on, but it's not the same, and the tragedies of their deaths aren't mitigated. It's no different than slaughtering everyone and saying afterwards, "It's OK, because they went to heaven!" It's just a dismal, bleak, tragic ending.
>>
>>15519909
This just hits me. Is Dunbine the first Isekai anime? I mean Shou get into an accident that ended his life yet he ended up in some fantasy world. Minus how BS most Isekai anime is nowadays, the beginning is similar.
>>
File: Sirbine figure.jpg (719KB, 2031x3472px) Image search: [Google]
Sirbine figure.jpg
719KB, 2031x3472px
>>15521432
I'd argue it's probably the first modern one, yeah. It's a shame most isekai is dogshit, it's a fun concept. Knight's & Magic is a guilty pleasure, though.
>>
File: narnia.jpg (120KB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
narnia.jpg
120KB, 300x332px
I greatly prefer the Tolkien/Arda there is no real world/this is the real world kind of fantasy to the Lewis/Narnia there is some portal between the real world and the fantasy world and both exist simultaneously.

I thought the real world stuff was pretty weak in Dunbine.
>>
>>15521456
I wonder if any current Isekai show dig thru the concept of making every Isekai people went to our world and continue their shenanigans or interact with it. Something Dunbine did.

I heard Hataraku Maou-sama is kind of the modern twist of it, but it's not an Isekai anime.
>>
File: r8Ny12Z.gif (722KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
r8Ny12Z.gif
722KB, 400x225px
>>15521572
Reverse isekai would probably be appropriate.
>>
>>15521456
At least Wataru went against the grain by somehow getting better as it went along (although Chou may not sit well with some people).

>>15521418
It needed more episodes (and presumably budget). Still beats Garzey.

>>15521488
I suspect that the producers forced the setting shift, since fantasy mech stuff wasn't widespread at the time.

One can only imagine what would happen if Takahashi got to do his fantasy mech project first.
>>
>>15521047
>muh pointless and retarded greble and superfluous bullshit
Follow your own advice and get the fuck out, you don't even remotely belong here.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.