[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explosive, Invincible: BANGAI O!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1703_front.jpg (99KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
1703_front.jpg
99KB, 640x876px
Who else likes the bangyeo?
I just played the original N64 version (on the console) and it blew my mind, what an experience. I already loved the Dreamcast game, but on the N64 everything makes so much more sense.
I played the DS game a bit - not too much though, and thought it was more focused on puzzle-solving, maybe it's just that I didn't make it past the tutorial, I don't remember if it was skippable or not.
Still have to play Missile Fury which from what I've seen looks like a wildly different game than the N64/DC one, I take it as a sequel.

I'd also like to know if there's any other game that does itano circus. I can think of a couple shooting games that have homing missiles but nothing as crazy and itano-y as Bangai-O.
>>
>>15517295
Bangai-O's the bomb for sure.

That said, Zone of the Enders can get a bit Itano at times with the homing lasers.
>>
File: bangai-o-dreamcast-inside-cover.jpg (151KB, 800x673px) Image search: [Google]
bangai-o-dreamcast-inside-cover.jpg
151KB, 800x673px
>>15517320
I love ZotE.

By the way not many people seem to notice this, or maybe I just don't see much discussion about Bangai-O, but they redesigned it in each game.
See how different the Dreamcast Bangai-O is compared to the one in the cover of the N64 game.
Bangai-O was also different on Spirits and Missile Fury.
>>
>>15520096
Yeah, although the latter two versions are complete overhauls.

Still, I'm disappointed that each successive game has less characters than the previous one, it was a part of the charm.
>>
File: bangaimami041004.png (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bangaimami041004.png
43KB, 400x400px
>>15520109
I didn't like the character design of Spirits as much as the original ones, since I never played Missile Fury, I don't know how they look there.
The dialogue and banter between the main characters and the NPCs/enemies on the original is genius.
>>
>>15520179
> I don't know how they look there.
Literally just Ban, but with a scratchy pencilled look, that's it.
>The dialogue and banter between the main characters and the NPCs/enemies on the original is genius.
One of my personal fave moments is the utter bafflement at encountering a guard cat.
>>
File: bangaios.jpg (121KB, 793x800px) Image search: [Google]
bangaios.jpg
121KB, 793x800px
>>15520209
I just watched some footage from Missile Fury. Damn, it feels barren without any characters, and Ban looks so serious, it's weird.
I also forgot the most important and probably the best feature of Bangai-O Spirits: the level editor.

I was watching this and it's kind of hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hd3XlJ4AM
>>
Only one I ever played was the DS game. I really liked how it had a lot of character despite being a game where the characters don't show up beyond a few minutes in. The level editor was rad ass and I made my share of shit in the thing, makes me wonder if the sound based level transfer would work when sent as an audio file over the internet. Wish I had my DS with me so I could try it out.
>>
>>15522210
It should.
>>
>>15522217
I'm presuming that's why they implemented the strange audio based transfer method. The DS had perfectly fine wireless functions to transfer data with but instead they opted for this peculiar and somewhat janky method instead. I can only presume they wanted to give us the ability to share our shit online which is really funny when you think about it, the DS' online has long since been shut down alongside all the game servers but our ability to share levels is forever preserved as long as we have an audio recorder.
>>
>>15522239
Treasure has generally always been known to go against the grain, even for transfer methods.
>>
Anyone know where can I download the OST or any other Bangai-O related media?
They didn't make any anime, did they
>>
>>15526136
They never did, but there are OSTs indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq1-0ENrjspWAwkznSq4os9MPLMPWlnKp
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-MGd-te9ybP8SzJrCWzrGJxgzBqEoAyz
>>
File: 1449384313447.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1449384313447.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
bangaioh 3ds when? i know the console is near the end of its life cycle but still
>>15517295
>I don't remember if it was skippable or not.
i think you can, after they let you choose the tutorial level, pressing b will take you to the main menu, that or choose the last stage and beat it.
>mfw i managed to beat all the stages
>mfw i want more
bring out your custom stages faggots, even if they're brutal-mario bullshit tier. this game along with megaman powered up suffered of hacing glorious level editors that almost no one used it, there's like one fucking page that stores them for bangaioh spirits, and nothing else
>>
>>15526688
Someone would need to find out what happened to Treasure first, they stopped doing anything after the Gaist Crusher games.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.