[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

top zeon pilots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

File: Ep.+10+-+Norris+in+his+Gouf.jpg (38KB, 831x624px) Image search: [Google]
Ep.+10+-+Norris+in+his+Gouf.jpg
38KB, 831x624px
since i neon there are some zeon fans out there. i was wondering who in your opinion ranks as the best pilots zeon had to offer
>>
File: Puru_Two_Kneels.png (522KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Puru_Two_Kneels.png
522KB, 960x720px
>>
File: 300.png (85KB, 300x478px) Image search: [Google]
300.png
85KB, 300x478px
my hero
>>
Zeon doesn't have any good pilots. They're all reliant on overpowered suits or newtype powers and are mediocre otherwise.
>>
bruh daryl wasnt a newtype and he kicked ass
>>
and without those pussy newtype powers amuro would have been dead long ago
>>
>>15517946

The only reason he survived long enough to become a newtype is because he's an exceptionally good pilot even without those powers. They just make him a great pilot even better, not make a poor pilot great.
>>
ridden, matsunaga, char.
>>
>>15517985
He was getting flashes in his first sortie though.
>>
>>15517256
Gato Anavel
Char Aznable
Shin Matsunaga
Johnny Ridden
Ramba Ral
Norris Packard
All of them normies with standard suits when they earned they ace status.
>>
File: Untitled.png (106KB, 439x578px)
Untitled.png
106KB, 439x578px
>powerful newtype
>beats Char
>doesnt wear a normal suit
Why did they ruin her in ZZ?
>>
>>15517256
Is there an actual faction that doesn't use overpowered suits and newtype powers?
>>
In terms of canon only characters ranked:

Char Aznable & Haman Karn
Full Frontal
Rakan Dahkaran
Anavel Gato
Mashmyre Cello & Chara Soon
The Ples
Gyunei Guss
August Gidan
Angelo Sauper
Ramba Ral
Tri Stars
Norris Packard

That's from the top of my head.
>>
>>15518579
>canon = animated

this fucking guy.
>>
>>15517222
Only time he shows actually good piloting is when he's on the Acguy
>>
>>15518545
She only beat Char because he wasn't trying to kill her. He out maneuvered her and pulled the wool over her when he pushed her into the shipwreck. He still had sabers and a working arm so he could've killed her when he rammed her but took time to try and bluff her instead.
>>
File: 5296.jpg (313KB, 800x600px)
5296.jpg
313KB, 800x600px
Shin Matsunaga had the best-looking Zaku variant but he shouldn't be in the conversation of best pilot. We know basically nothing about him and he never squared off against anyone decent.
>>
>>15518467
What, no.
He didn't even start displaying extra-sensory capabilities until halfway through the anime.
>>
File: 1493968533499.jpg (29KB, 319x405px)
1493968533499.jpg
29KB, 319x405px
>>15518715
You say that like Acguy gives him some unfair advantage.
>>
>>15518763
Shin Matsunaga isn't that obscure. He's been in plenty of material.

According to side material the best zeek ace was the guy who trained Johnny Ridden.
>>
>>15518715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSyv6bGpbVk well old boy daryll did win a fight against a fully armed gundam in a zaku 1 so there's that
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (95KB, 890x672px)
latest-3.jpg
95KB, 890x672px
>>15517985
and ramba ral told ammuro that he relies to much on the gundam if amuro was in a gm he the series would be over quick
>>
>>15519109

And he was only addressing the early series Amuro. Mid series Amuro is already a good pilot who isn't relying on the Gundams power and hasn't yet developed newtype powers. Ral's condemnation is part of what makes Amuro become a better pilot if anything, since he reviews Ral's combat style to help fight him.
>>
File: Red_Comet_Kick.jpg (41KB, 600x448px)
Red_Comet_Kick.jpg
41KB, 600x448px
>>15519128
such a great pilot the golden child admits the gundam saved him not his skill many times
>>
>>15519143

Well of course it did. He couldn't pilot at all when he first stepped in to the cockpit. The Gundam's strength as a unit was what gave him the luxury to learn and make mistakes for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the show so that he could fight more experienced people or greater numbers, but he was already outstripping the unit by the half way point (at least of the original run, though maybe not the eventual run since I can't recall the exact episodes) and for a good chunk of the show he's portrayed as a strong pilot with no newtype powers.
>>
>>15519194
oh come on char was 10 and he was wrecking fools in a guntank what amuro's excuse
>>
and if the origin movies are considered canon amuro had plenty of time to study the gundam when tem left the door open
>>
>>15519315

That he was facing an experienced and skilled pilot, not a bunch of nobodies with no experience and no skill.
>>
dude he was a child vs adults with military mobile suit training so yes they had more experience than casval so this is just to show that he was just good from the get go plain and simple
>>
and casval didn't even have a "manual"
>>
>>15519109
If Amuro was in a GM, then GMs wouldn't have been torn through like tissue paper at every opportunity to make the Gundam look cooler even though every single source on the OYW other than the actual shows that have a Gundam front and center say that GMs with green horned Feddie pilots are spanking Zaku piloting veterans left and right if you look a quarter inch off screen.
>>
File: 1492869851459.gif (2MB, 320x240px)
1492869851459.gif
2MB, 320x240px
oh right
>>
>>15519342

They were military pilots and mobile suits had only just been invented, so no they had no training because no-one had training at that point. Also, for all that Char still loses to Amuro. Repeatedly. Even when he has better units, more equipment or whatever else. Hell, Amuro was keeping up with his Sazabi in a ReZL.
>>
>>15519368
ya ever hear of a ting called plot protection?
>>
>>15519374

Yes. I'm also aware that every character in a story has it, because no-one in a story dies until the plot wants them to. And that includes Char.
>>
File: 1118663294134865.jpg (64KB, 750x474px)
1118663294134865.jpg
64KB, 750x474px
>>
>>15518579
>Char that high

My fucking sides, Char was weaker than Kamille in MKII in the beginning of Zeta. Fuck off man.
>>
>>15517082
Wasn't that dude who got lead poisoning at the beginning of 0080 supposedly some ace Zeon pilot?
>>
>>15519938
All Zeons are incapables. Char is just the leader of the incapables.
>>
>>15517105
this or marida is probably the correct answer.
>>
>>15517939
both daryl and Io experience new-type flashes, son.
>>
>>15520011
where's the proof boyo? and seeing a beam from a high powered sniper beam cannon or being able to track a gundam in a firefight dosen't make you a newtype
>>
>>15517222
Is that the guy that got blown the fuck out by Cuchulainn?
>>
>>15519907
Who's the guy on the left supposed to be, because it looks like some weird halfway between Char and Jerid
>>
>>15520664
Johnny Ridden.
>>
>>15520668
Who?
>>
>>15520684
You must be new.
>>
>>15520697
Anon you can't just make up OCs and pass them off as Gundam characters. Just admit he's made up.
>>
>>15520712
Anon, if you don't know how to use google that's okay. It just shows us that you're a newfag.. http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Ridden
>>
>>15520733
>Making fake wiki entries
How fucking low can you sink, shitposter? Get your donut steel out of here, nobody cares about your fanfiction.
>>
>>15520738
Are you trying to troll?
>>
>>15520741
Are you?
>>
>>15520741
You answer my question first newfag.
>>
>>15519938
What difference does that make in the ranking? Kamille was a better pilot than him, big fucking deal. He's still in about the same level as Haman, and as such, higher than everyone else.
>>
>>15520738
Are you retarded anon?
>>
without a doubt
>>
Char is literally the best pilot in all of Gundam
>>
>>15521223

On what grounds?
>>
>>15521252
h-he's fast
>>
....and blonde
>>
Char
Ridden
Matsunaga (he has the same mobile suit kill count as Uso in V/V2 for reference in the OYW)
Haman
Full Frontal
Mashmyre
Rakan
Chara
Illia
Marida
Anavel Gato
Ramba Ral
Tri Stars
Norris

>>15519368
>Hell, Amuro was keeping up with his Sazabi in a ReZL.

He wasn't. Char wasn't trying to kill him. What sense would Sazabi and Nu fighting equally mean later if Amuro was comparable in a ReZL?

>>15519938
>Char was weaker than Kamille in MKII in the beginning of Zeta

Even when Kamille is on Earth in ep 16, he's failing to replicate stuff like rusty Amuro disabling mobile suits by cutting off their backpacks and Amuro saved him multiple times.

Char doesn't get a lot of shine in Zeta, but you're implying Kamille's better because Char didn't kill Lila and dodged two of his shots? The Galbaldy squad couldn't touch him afterwards, kept their distance after believing he was Char, and then he shot one down from afar. Char was on equal footing with Amuro in CCA for awhile. Plus, wasn't Full Frontal taken over by part of Char's soul?
>>
>>15522160
Kill counts are highly dubious. If you tally all the numbers together, it outnumbers some of the official stats for the production numbers of GMs during the war...
>>
>>15522171
No shit, did you think they only started counting them when GMs started appearing?
>>
>>15522171

Eh, thought it was a cool fun fact.
>>
>>15522171
No, the kill counts come from databooks that used to claim ridiculous production numbers like ~8000 Zakus.
>>
>>15520585
the proof is in the fuckin thunderbolt episodes.

wait til Daryl is in the psycho zaku. watch the last fights in the Brotherhood area.

They both experience flashes.

I'm not gonna go handholding and find screencaps for you; you're a big boy. you can handle it.
>>
>>15518579
>Quess nowhere here
>Fucking Angelo Sauper is on this list
>>
>>15517082

Bernie is the best. Is so strong that he could destroy a million GMs!
>>
>>15522654

Not him, but I just watched the Psyco Zaku v. Full Armor Gundam Fight and didn't see any newtype flashes so I'm requesting handholding in the form of timestamps, screenshots or webms. You can find a version online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYpcbs2rxa8 if you want to stick to timestamps.
>>
>>15522160
To be fair, Amuro after coming back after 7 years of not piloting was immediately a better pilot than Char was in Zeta, even with rust.

Why Gato so low? I know he struggled with Kou, who was a mid tier ace at best, but I don't see why he shouldn't be at the same level as Rakan.
>>
>>15522663
She was a strong newtype but not such a great pilot, plus the two suits she was given were very potent ones.
>>
File: A Charrenge.webm (3MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
A Charrenge.webm
3MB, 1920x1040px
>>15522160

For a guy that wasn't trying to kill Amuro he sure shot awful close to him. These two shots almost certainly would have hit if Amuro hadn't dodged them for instance. The investment in their later fight for the audience is emotional and situational anyway, not technical. It's in whether Amuro can beat Char in time to stop Axis and refute his arguments and accusations, not whether he can beat him. Regardless, Amuro seems to pretty clearly be the better pilot later in the movie when he's fighting the Sazabi using the Nu. Not overwhelmingly so (at least until he cuts the Sazabi's arm off), but still the better of the two regardless. It's also worth noting that he's not just fighting Char in the Sazabi here, but Gyunei too. And Gyunei was certainly trying his hardest to kill him, in a unit that is at least as good as his as well as having funnels to boot. So it's Char and ally, both using equal or superior suits and he still manages to damage them both.
>>
>>15517256
>They're all reliant on overpowered suits or newtype powers and are mediocre otherwise.
You've got that completely the wrong way around dude.
>>
File: An Extremely Close Charrenge.webm (66KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
An Extremely Close Charrenge.webm
66KB, 1920x1040px
>>15523134

As for "oh, he only meant to hit close to him", this webm should show just how close he got to hitting him and how slim his margin of error was if he didn't mean to hit him.
>>
>>15522719
In all truth, Bernie wasn't anything special as a pilot, but a point has to be made that he was a quite excellent tactician
>>
>>15523142

Most of the good, named pilots from ZZ, Char's Counterattack and Unicorn are both newtypes and using powerful suits to be fair. And even in 0083 Gato and uses powerful suits. Cima starts off with a Gelgoog but switches to a powerful suit too. It's really only in 0079 that it's not true. And even then it's not totally true of Char, who does use several powerful suits.
>>
>>15523146
Zeek scums btfo yet again
>>
>>15522824

Rakan's level? Mashymre made Ple Two his bitch while handing funnels from Queen Mansa like he was Amuro. His subordinate Illia was styling all over Judau and would've killed him late into the series. Gato has nothing.

Char has generally only just a step behind Amuro in skill since late into 0079, which means he's better than everyone else at his best.

>>15523134
>not whether he can beat him

That wasn't the point. Char and Amuro fighting equally actually happens later on, destroying each other's weapons back to back and funnel to bit. Amuro shouting how Char dodged in the beginning is note

Char wasn't trying to kill Amuro. It's a fact you can't dispute by saying "he fired some close shots." Waiting for Amuro to get a psycoframe suit, the final battle, using only just one funnel. Gyunei would've already been dead if Char didn't cancel Amuro's beam with his own when he came out. That's just another demonstration of how good Amuro is.
>>
>>15523191

> Char wasn't trying to kill Amuro. It's a fact you can't dispute by saying "he fired some close shots."
> You can't dispute someone was trying to kill another person by pointing out that his shots could easily have been lethal

I can and am. That funnel shot was within feet of the Re-GZ.
>>
>>15523216

Saying Char knew it wouldn't hit or kill Amuro is all I have to say to counter that, backed by corroborating evidence he wasn't trying to kill him. Your interpretation is not as valid and goes against the actual narrative. This is dumb.
>>
>>15523220

> I can only assume it's untrue and call your interpretation wrong to counter it

Kay. Also, watching the actual finale fight again Amuro is focused on Axis for most of it, and once they do properly clash it's over in about a minute with Amuro clearly the better pilot the whole time. Again, the narrative is on their emotional and philosophical conflict, not really the physical one with Amuro having the dual purposes of stopping Axis as well as Char. That is the actual narrative, so ignoring it to concentrate solely on the physical conflict and saying they were equal (when Amuro was clearly the better) and that Char can't have been trying to kill Amuro earlier because it'd make that battle lesser isn't really proof.

Char may not have been trying his absolute damndest to kill Amuro in the Re-GZ at the start of the film, but any of his attacks could clearly have killed him and there's nothing there suggesting he's not trying at all. If anything he's trying but trusting that Amuro will overcome because he's worthy of being his rival (and isn't worthy if he doesn't) and leaves when his purpose is done (Luna II has passed the point of no return) because he wants to save the real battle till later.
>>
>>15522654
no newtype rebutal? he's seen the light
>>
>>15519315
He's actually in something that's canon and not Charwank AU.
>>
>>15520738
> fake wiki entries
oh god that's a good one, i'm stealing this.
>>
File: Gato.jpg (29KB, 600x450px)
Gato.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
>>15517082
I like Gato. I don't think he had any new type special powers though.
>>
>>15528356
do you think it's funny that gato & kelly were zeon pilots but they help a federation officer find his resolve
>>
>>15517256
Yonem Kirks
>>
>>15522160
How do you guys even know whether Char is better than Johnny anyways? Did they fight in the manga already? Cause it's a bit unfair to compare them based solely on the fact that they both fought Yazan, and if I recall Johnny had a better time against Yazan than Char who still needed Kamille, but then again I think Yazan in Zeta had the tech advantage whereas in MSV:R Johnny has the decked out Gelgoog.
>>
>>15522824
>Why Gato so low? I know he struggled with Kou, who was a mid tier ace at best, but I don't see why he shouldn't be at the same level as Rakan.
>Episode 1
>Not even 1 minute in
>Stray fire from off screen
>All zeon pilots except Gato manage to dodge perfectly fine
>Gato loses his gun and arm

Rebellion is what he deserves, but if we're going with the retarded logic of anime = canon, then Gato was absolutely shit, and honestly wouldn't even rank higher than Rambal Ral.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.