[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Gunpla Battle is Real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 16

File: 1493742443156.gif (499KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1493742443156.gif
499KB, 250x191px
So I saw the last thread was all down, so I figured I'd make a new one, because boy, am I having a BLAST.

So like, this guy going against me thinks I'm just using a normal ol' GF13-017NJ Shining Gundam like some sort of G Gundam fan new to this whole thing, right? Harasses me from afar, thinking I'll run in, and job hard.

He got in some pretty good spacing, too, being just out of the range of a Shining Shot. I ain't usin' no Shining Shots, though. No siree, these armguards got Hyper Beam Sabers. So I point my arms at him, shout "SHIIIIININGU CANNON!" and fire BOTH at the same time.

He's like, "whuuuuh", and I'm like, "YEEAAAHHHHH", except that shit blasted me back hard, and it felt like the arms were gonna tear off my Gunpla.

You know what, though? It was worth seeing that guy's face when he got wrecked by my Double Shine Gundam!

Anyone else got similar stories?
>>
File: but why.jpg (87KB, 516x598px) Image search: [Google]
but why.jpg
87KB, 516x598px
>>15515546
>these threads

Not tryin' to be a party pooper and I'm not judging you guys, I just don't understand this sort of autism
>>
>>15515546
I'd like to see you try that on my scratch built Psycho Hizack armed with Dainsleif bits.
>>
File: Wigbitch.jpg (130KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wigbitch.jpg
130KB, 1600x900px
>>15515960
>Dainsleif bits
>They only have one shot each

So what do you do when you run out and your opponent is still standing? Do you scramble to pick up every last toothpick while they pick you off?
>>
File: 1491498123074.gif (260KB, 500x160px) Image search: [Google]
1491498123074.gif
260KB, 500x160px
>>15516792
>opponent is still standing

We both know that isn't a possibility.
>>
>>15515681
not all of us can draw, write or custom a gunpla, so they kinda stuck with this wankery

you know, some kind of role play
>>
>>15515546
Ive got a story for you. I did an exhibition match against 3 other guys, they were kicking my ass for quite a while until I got serious in my GN-Barbatos with Tri-Drives and trans-am'd their asses by Teleport behind you spamming.
>>
File: GreenGP02.jpg (25KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
GreenGP02.jpg
25KB, 768x432px
>>15516809
That's assuming they're stupid enough to pose heroically and give you the loading and charge time. Even Physalisfags found this out the hard way when they got hosed with beam rifles and machineguns before they can even prep their nuke zooks.
>>
>>15516923
that happens a lot more than you think, people will run with aquatic MS in tournaments with randomized maps

I mean sure multi-environment suits are still the most popular but some people don't give a shit, like that guy who stood at the edge of the map with his arms crossed while deploying G bits
>>
what's the rule about mixing nanolaminate armor with beam shields?
>>
>>15516952
it's fine as long as they don't touch

it's not like the beam shield melts off the paint or plastic anyway
>>
File: f0a33e39-s.jpg (32KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
f0a33e39-s.jpg
32KB, 500x282px
>>15516950
Haha right? And then he jobbed to a kid in a souped up MK-II. Seeing that shit made me realize how impractical superweapons are on a gunpla.
>>
>>15517060

He was a dumbass who painted his suit gold. Should have done like that one guy in X and make his main suit look the exact same as the G-Bits.
>>
>>15516923
Hey now, don't be talking shit about the Physalis. Once you get out of the nuclear tunnel vision, it's actually a damn fine suit. And with the current kinetic meta, that shield is muy fucking bueno.
>>
What's the rules on GN Drives? I'm working on a build that uses three or four drives. It's not going to fucking explode when I try using it, will it? I hear these drives are finnicky.
>>
>>15517812
Perfectly valid according to the rules. It just makes you a Fuckstick
>>
File: 51.jpg (264KB, 767x1155px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
264KB, 767x1155px
>>15517812
Anything more than 2 is just for decorative purposes and doesn't increase power output anymore.
The same doesn't go for the GN Drive Tau/faux GN Drives, but they have a much weaker output to begin with and the increase drops dramatically with each drive added. I think 10 Tau drives is the point where the increases stop making any mechanical difference.

Used to be that extra drives would continuously increase power output, allowing for some really crazy shit like suits being able to sustain GN Fields indefintely no matter how much damage they took, or being able to repeatedly fire battleship-tier beam weapons without recharge time.
That was patched out a while ago though.

If you still want to add more power on top of your drives now, GN Condensers are the way to go about it, but that's just a temporary boost since they're just particle tanks, not generators, so they'll run out eventually.
>>
>>15517866
Using more than two still works, it's just that even using two together is a pain in the ass. You have to manually calibrate them, and the only way to be sure that a pair works is for them to come together. I was able to grab something like four 00s and eight single drive kits, and I still wasn't able to get a trio running.
>>
>>15518056
Don't they have a converter you can use to get an optimal output?
>>
File: G3-Saviour.jpg (498KB, 1920x1273px) Image search: [Google]
G3-Saviour.jpg
498KB, 1920x1273px
I am really proud of myself for getting one of these babies up and running, the simple but effective style used by the G-3 makes it a near perfect unit overall especially since it lacks the originals Earth mode Space mode limitations
>>
>>15521205
Those can get them to run, but they're not going to be optimized, and they can only calibrate pairs. I heard someone was working on a three-drive one, but I don't know how its coming.
>>
>>15523587
Hopefully not good. I don't want to see another six months of nothing but GN bullshit. Goddamn it, if I wanted sparkles, I'd hang out with elementary school girls.
>>
>>15523587
>a 3DS
Man, having to deal with just one was hell enough, but three? That's like, thrice as hard!

Speaking of which, so I went up against this guy using an Exia, and he saw my last battle, and how I utterly BTFO'd that one guy with my Shining Cannons, so he goes in close, and goes all up in my face, keeping me from using the Shining Cannon on him, but letting me fight him at close range. Which is cool, the Double Shine's made for this.

So he steps back, pulls out that big boy GN Sword and I know he's gonna go Trans-Am, and I'm like, "aight let's get SERIOUS", so I pop Super Mode, toss both my Beam Sabers at him, then charge at him, activating my Shining Cannons' saber mode, and cutting him in two like a pair of scissors. A pair of deadly beam-bladed scissors.
>>
>>15525439
I'll take "things that never happened" for three hundred Alex.

Because nobody is stupid enough to intentionally close with a Mobile Fighter. Especially not one based on a Shining.
>>
>>15526312
Not that guy, but I believe his story because I have a brother who thinks he's unbeatable just because he uses a vanilla 00 Quanta with random swords from different gundams. You'd think that'd be interesting, but all he does is rely on *TELEPORT BEHIND YOU* and never switches out the GN-Sword V.
>>
>>15517866
Condensers have a much better use.
Put them on your non-GN gunpla, do some particle routing, then set them to be able to be purged. Disguise them as regular ecaps.

I'm one of the very few madman that runs batteries on my gunpla(Then there's the madmen that runs only condensers) and it's always hilarious when I go trans-am in response to the enemy using trans-am. It only works once but its hilarious and you don't get hit with the GN hangover after the 3 minutes of trans-am. Usually I finish them off there when they are stuck in GN hangover.
Alternatively, purge them and use them as smoke grenades, the GN particles stay there for a good amount of time and fuck with beams as well.
>>
File: bann19545_0_1494468071.jpg (27KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bann19545_0_1494468071.jpg
27KB, 600x450px
I summon iinchou and stick my dick in the battle zone so she can rub me off.
>>
>>15528602
If you're gonna stick your waifu in the simulator, comment out the damn fetish macros. We're still cleaning out the occasional acrylic gunk from the madman who threw in an SHF Nadeshiko without debugging.
>>
>>15529590
>We're still cleaning out the occasional acrylic gunk
Sure.
"Acrylic"
>>
File: Boom.jpg (166KB, 728x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Boom.jpg
166KB, 728x1058px
Uhg, I was doing well in a local tournament, and got destroyed in the best of 8 round. I've had this GM for ages (Yeah, yeah, underpowered, but I put a lot of effort into it). Never been this completely wrecked though; pieces literally flew out of the field.

It's just sitting in a debris pile on my shelf; I've heard they're never as solid as they were if they need this kind of rebuild, any advice?
>>
>>15529720
If anything is still mostly intact, you can patch it up and build it into a new design.
What hit you that hard, though?
>>
>>15529720
stuff like that is why I mostly stick to the C damage setting and never go above B, the added "Verisimilitude" just isn't worth it in my opinion
>>
>>15529738

He used a Trans-AM burst to get right up on me, and self destructed. I'd taken out his beam cannon, but he had a huge partical tank for it. The combo was huge, and he had a gimmick flyer, so he survived.

The torso's mostly gone, and the limbs were already damaged. The shield's the only thing mostly intact, I'd done the whole multiple thin sheet build for it a long time ago. I'll probably just build something new, and carry over the shield, but it feels kind of wrong to just leave it scrapped.
>>
>>15529849
>The shield's the only thing mostly intact
I know it sucks and everything, but lmao. Usually, the shield is the first thing to go. 'Specially on a GM.

And hey, look on the bright side. At least you have something to carry on the legacy with. First time I had to rebuild my Qubeley, all I had were a handful of funnels and a scorched beam rifle. Got damn near vaporized by a fucking satellite cannon
>>
>>15529849
It's time to go 00, and make it the GM Repair, friend.

I recommend giving it a beam rifle pegleg, and keeping as much of the head as possible, reusing a RB-79 Ball's sensor for anything else.
>>
>>15529849
Keep the shield, especially if it has distinct markings or something.

If you meet the same guy in battle against, bring out that shield and shieldbash him to victory.
>>
Rate my build
Started with ALEX with full armor kit. GP02 thrusters, replaced one arm cannon with beam gun, threw on some extra dakka on the legs, and a ground gundam backpack for extra gear.

I figured I can use the full armor kit to tank any conventional ordinance and the GP02 thrusters so I can keep everything somewhat fast. I think the beam gun in the arms is going to be my trump card for saber battles, just get in there and blast the cockpit as quickly as possible up close and personal.
>>
>>15532143
ground gundam backpack is slow as shit though especially with the storage unit.

Give it a Powered GM or Full Vernian backpack instead.
>>
>>15532470
Shouldn't be too bad if he added the thrusters from the GP02. Might need some tweaking though. There's generally a lot of overhead in terms of thruster power on the GMs and early-ish Gundams.
>>
File: Psycommu Mohawku.png (70KB, 628x899px) Image search: [Google]
Psycommu Mohawku.png
70KB, 628x899px
>Still using MS with legs.
Most people don't use legless suits, so it freaks people the fuck out when you don't have them.
I love this one right here because it's xboxhueg arms are great for grappling people.
>>
>>15526337
But... THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF HAVING OTHER SWORDS?

Side note, I got High Mega Launcher'd while trying to Shining Finger someone, I got at them from too far away.

Hurts, man.
>>
>>15537484
>Shining Finger
>ever
>Especially when not playing under a Gundam Fight rule set
This is why people think G Babbies are retarded.
>>
File: Fllay's Mad.png (421KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fllay's Mad.png
421KB, 800x450px
Stop procrastinating, start building.
>>
wait so japan actually has those gunpla simulators?
>>
>these threads
This isn't fun memeing this is just RolePlay
>>
>>15537655
Man, fuck you, I wanna finish a game in style.

Or with a super-awesome weapon. You know you love that Shining Finger, too, don't you deny it.
>>
>>15542913
Don't bump this Role-play garbage you cunt
>>
>>15543001
I kinda get some ideas for builds here too.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.