[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty sure this has been posted many times, but whatever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: mobile-suit-gundam-tv-series-1.png (556KB, 594x380px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam-tv-series-1.png
556KB, 594x380px
I'm pretty sure this has been posted many times, but whatever.
As someone who wants to start gundam, which is better the tv series or the movie trilogy?
From what I can tell it's like this:
Anime series: Better characterization and world building but has filler and rushed ending
Movies: More serous tone and gets to the point and better animation but the whole thing feels rushed and not as engaging as the show.
What does /m/ think? Whats the better one?
>>
>>15513730
the movie trilogy is the canon
The original series was incomplete in the last episodes due to airing problems
>>
just watch the show first and the movies after that. that's how it came out in japan.
>>
>>15513730
>Movies: more serous tone
The tone is the same, it's just that the movies cut out the more toyetic-looking mobile suits and weapons.

Anyway, I watched the movies first because I didn't want to sit through the whole series and I regretted it. A lot of the "filler" episodes actually serve to flesh out the characters and make you more invested in what happens to them, and it makes the whole thing feel like more of a journey than the movies do. I felt a bit confused and unimpressed when I finished the movies and the series left me with a much better impression of Gundam as a whole.

Also, if you want a more "serious tone" I highly recommend reading the novelization written by Tomino. It goes much more into the characters' inner thoughts and other things that he couldn't put into the show. It's also different enough that you can read it first or watch the anime first and you won't spoil either one. I consider it the pinnacle of Gundam and a great piece of literature as a whole.
>>
>>15513730
>I'm pretty sure this has been posted many times

That's a fucking understatement if there ever was one. Not gonna/tryiing to jump your shit just saying yeah, you're right.

Anyways, do you have the time for the series? If so that, yeah the Movies do cut out some fat, but the fat isn't that bad (inb4salt) the tone feels about the same to me honestly overall at least.

Really though go series, in my opinion it's worth the extra time if you have it, then movies if you feel like it afterward/down the line, assuming you even find the series to your liking. In which case I guess you could ditch it and try the movies, but that's upto you at that point if you want to try going at it from a different angle.
>>
>>15513730
Movies then series. But honestly there's no rule since they both do a competent job of telling the main story.
>>
You know the movies actually do a pretty good job telling the main plotline.

There should really just be a list of episodes you should watch after the series because like the battle at texas colony is different and Gyan is kinda cool so people shouldn't miss out on it but you really don't need to watch Jaburo again since it's basically the same and well covered by soldiers of sorrow.
>>
>>15513730
>I'm pretty sure this has been posted many times
Then why the fuck are you asking instead of looking at an archive
>>
>>15513730
>filler
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.