[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late to the party, why do people hate IBO? I just finished the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: ibo.png (419KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ibo.png
419KB, 847x1200px
Late to the party, why do people hate IBO? I just finished the first season and thought it was pretty damn good. They weren't scared to kill off central characters like Victory, but unlike Victory they actually gave a decent amount of exposition to them so it had greater impact. The characters are all pretty likable, and the camaraderie of Tekkadan was great. Mika may not be the best character they have ever thought up, but he felt pretty refreshing after watching so many series' of "Main teenage character cries about having to fight people". He also does a far better job becoming a Gundam than Setsuna ever did. Plus the way the dynamic of MC is split between Orga and Mika, I feel like you end up with two very good parallels. Gjallarhorns characters maybe could use a bit of work; they aren't the most interesting. But I wouldn't call them bad either. Overall I really enjoyed season 1, so does season 2 just completely ruin everything to accrue so much hate for the series from so many people?
>>
>>15512535
My only issue has been that some parts of season 1 were a bit boring, but I don't hate it. Season 2 had no low points for me.
>>
>>15512535
People generally liked S2 more up til the halfway point. Afterwards it drags a bit until the finale, but not as horribly as S1's space arc.

Most of the hate here is from the following:
-it's a Gundam (thus getting shitposter priority)
-it's the newest Gundam (therefore everyone will declare it the worst Gundam ever until after the next one airs)
-people outside of /m/ like it (thus /m/ is obligated to be edgy and contrarian and hate it)
>>
>>15512535
Boring Pirate arc.
Waste of good mech designs that only used in 1 or 2 ep
Tekkadan's casts are boring compared to the villain, especially Mika who never really grows out of his character traits and remains a one dimensional cardboard box.
And I'm not sure what you means by being a better Gundam than Setsuna, who got great character development and his Gundam remain an important and core thematic part of the show, which he eventually embodilized in the movie.
Oh, and Vidar is criminally underused. I want to fucking strangle who ever thougt replaced it with the new Kimaris is a good idea.
>>
>>15512535
>why do people hate IBO?
Because it does everything wrong
>>
This topic proves fake gundam fans from other websites are trying to take us over. Not letting that shit happen.
>>
>>15512726
>-it's the newest Gundam (therefore everyone will declare it the worst Gundam ever until after the next one airs)
Hilarious if we still get this rage after the next one airs.
>>
>>15513132
Maybe I should have said 'next AU Gundam', since the next thing up looks to be pre-F91 UC and /m/ will fellate that setting forever if Unicorn is any indication.
>>
>>15513124
If you don't like it you can leave man
>>
>>15512535
>why do people hate IBO?
Because ANN and other "normies" said they liked it.

No seriously, that's the entire fucking reason, because it was fucking popular.

Welcome to nu-/m/
>>
>>15512535
>I just finished the first season
>They weren't scared to kill off central characters
>>
>>15513809
>because it was fucking popular
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>15512535
>they weren't scared to kill off central characters like victory
Didn't only three people survive in victory?
>>
>>15513872
Go back to /a/ with your contrarian bullshit already.
>>
>>15513882
Five actually.
>>
>>15512535
Great first season, mediocre second season.
Terrible ending, what you would expect from letting a woman write.
>>
File: 1456442465694-vp.jpg (80KB, 720x421px)
1456442465694-vp.jpg
80KB, 720x421px
>>15513132
This chart works pretty well for /m/ too, just change the gens to the last couple of Gundam series
>>
>>15513892
>Great first season
Kek
>>
>>15512726
>-it's the newest Gundam (therefore everyone will declare it the worst Gundam ever until after the next one airs)
Didn't happen with Build Fighters 1st season, not in the same scale anyway. Whole /m/ was thrilled with the show when it endend to even make a giant thank you photo montage for the creators.
>>
>>15514041
That's only because Build Fighters was the definition of pandering.
>>
>>15513883
Not that anon but this is ironic given that IBOfags on /a/ are extremely paranoid and defensive about anyone shitting on the show.

>>15513892
>Great first season
>IBO
Nope.
>>
>>15512535
I don't hate IBO as much as some people here but it did have some major issues that never quite improved as the show went on: The main character never develops past the emotional range of a sack of potatoes, the animation team overabuses every shortcut in the book, and the inconsistent pacing kills any sense of momentum in the plot.

All the ingredients of a good show were there (setting, design, premise), they failed to do anything meaningful with it. And the sites that praise it like it's the second coming of the franchise are often too enamoured by those things to notice its flaws.
>>
>>15513965
This chart is inaccurate. There should be no white arrow, it should just be the blue and pink arrows pointing to gens 5 and 6.

At that point, yes, it is accurate. People used to do nothing but shit on G-Reco and say that even AGE was better, people now shit on IBO and lie that G-Reco was better.
>>
No hate, just sometimes it got hard to watch. It had serious pacing issues
>>
File: 62186260_p1.png (904KB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
62186260_p1.png
904KB, 900x1100px
ibo sux, i can count all it good qualities with one hand
>>
File: iok.gif (990KB, 480x270px)
iok.gif
990KB, 480x270px
>>15515712
>>
>>15515125
>lie that G-Reco was better
But it's true?
>>
>>15514105
Just because something panders doesn't mean it can't be good. We all acknowledged that BF had some problems with the second half, most notably the overuse of Build Knuckle. Still a good show, still enjoyed it despite it's flaws.
>>
LESBIAN MARRIAGE IN A GUNDAM SHOW!
>>
File: 1491920456473.jpg (137KB, 1158x791px)
1491920456473.jpg
137KB, 1158x791px
>>15520184
So? Everyone knew Atra was bi master race.
And Kudelia was just happy that somebody liked her.

It worked out.
>>
they hate it because its a meme to hate anything popular
>>
>>15520184
>>15520204
I don't even like IBO but Atra getting a happy end makes me happy too. Best girl.
>>
oh boy everyone is going all "they hate it cuz its popular and normies like it" without giving a single comment about the show itself, it's almost like people are spouting bullshit about cartoons they never watched, huh maybe if the show wasn't popular nobody will hate it, the quality of the show itself doesn't matter, really makes you think.

Also the "m-mika kills people and isn't afraid of anything! so badass!" argument, despite being a wrong in so many levels, now that would actually be an example of "I fucking hate the popular gundam mc look at this hipster special snowflake so patrician"
>>
File: atra.png (51KB, 528x293px)
atra.png
51KB, 528x293px
>>15520204
>>
>>15520271
Is this the best romance subplot in all of Gundam?
I mean it's about a shy girl trying to convince a busty blonde and a buff midget to have a threesome with her.

Fuckin' A, man.
>>
wasn't IBO originally not suppose to be a Gundam series? I seem to remember a jpeg floating around with IBO concept art that featured the barbatos as just another mech and not a gundam?
>>
>>15514144
Its not like the popular opinion of ibo was that it sucked so /a/ being /a/ had to be contrary
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.