[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Robotics;Notes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Robotics_notes.jpg (51KB, 350x479px) Image search: [Google]
Robotics_notes.jpg
51KB, 350x479px
Thoughts on Robotics;Notes?
>>
>>15511936
Gunvarrel looked really cool, twintails was best girl and the show was pretty neat overall.
I should probably rewatch it some time.
>>
>>15511936
I enjoyed it while watching the 1st time, but I've never rewatched it afterwards.

Some of show's biggest mysteries had no answer at all (magical magnets falling from the sky!) or just underwhelming answers, and there's very little actual action (although it's not an action show in the first place).
>>
>>15511936
That speech about robots saving the day was nice.
>>
If you like mecha, you will like that show, that's what I think. Not because there is a lot of mecha action, but because it's about love for giant robots. Characters are likeable, plot is okay, setting is kinda unexplained, like the monopole thing.
But I wish it was a better adaptation, like S;G anime. It had so much potential, in my opinion. But still, it was fun.
>>
File: Senomiya.Akiho.full.1220367.jpg (406KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Senomiya.Akiho.full.1220367.jpg
406KB, 1280x2160px
>>15511983
>If you like mecha, you will like that show
This

Also why did you give up on your dreams, /m/?
>>
File: 1363372632966.gif (755KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1363372632966.gif
755KB, 500x281px
/m/ hated it back in the day, which is a shame.
Aki is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>15511936
As someone who sat through C;H and S;G before hand, I thought R;N was good. Not fantastic, not terrible, just good. Characters were written pretty well throughout, story was actually close to engaging at times, and by the end I actually gave a crap what happened one way or another, which might not sound like a compliment, but I can assure you it is. Some scenes still get me in the heart, like the whole auto walking legs incident, that shit hurt me, so I'll give it points for making me feel, too.

It had some flaws though, that are hard to overlook. At times it can feel really slow, and although sometimes that's the point, other times it just grinds the plot to a screeching halt. One thing I will note was having the big twists of SERN and that C;H thing be really big plot trinkets made me wonder how many people watched this first before those two and wonder what the hell was going on. Not really a negative, just an observation. Also that love confession was completely out of nowhere and no amount of them pointing out how out of nowhere it was will ever make that okay. I might rewatch it again one day, maybe if I can drag a friend or two into it.
>>
>>15512015
>having the big twists of SERN and that C;H thing be really big plot trinkets made me wonder how many people watched this first before those two and wonder what the hell was going on.
Our of all the "semi;colon" shows I've only seen robotics;notes and I never felt lost or that I was missing anything aside from maybe a reference or two.
>>
>>15511936
What is it with the Japanese that makes them feel the need to put punctuation in titles randomly like that?

That's really I got you.
>>
File: semi;colon.png (659KB, 1600x905px) Image search: [Google]
semi;colon.png
659KB, 1600x905px
>>15512107
>>
>>15512107
It looks cool.
>>
>>15512006
Everyone expected Steins;Gate with robots
>>
>>15514567
To be fair that's what they tried to sell Robotics;Notes as. Which was silly as its no more a S;G sequel than S;G was a C;H sequel. I'm just sad that the poor sales of R;N means that chances of a US English VN release are close to zero.
>>
I want to play the game but I don't know nip and the window to release Elite in the west is steadily closing.
>>
>>15512111
>Nier:Automata
lel
>>
>>15512107
In Japan they usually can play with how something is written to achieve some stylistic effect.

It's weird when done with Western characters though since we generally don't do that.
>>
The /m/ aspects of it were pretty weak in my opinion. I hate to admit it, but I watched it mostly for the cute girls.
>>
i got a hardon when cripple-san's metal legs got hijacked and came when she broke her own back.
>>
>>15511936
Stuck on the xbox360 in Japan.

What's there to say?
>>
>>15511998
Because for the love of God can't learn shit in STEM.
>>
File: everything.jpg (44KB, 382x523px) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
44KB, 382x523px
>>15511936
Normie-core light mecha /a/ trash that can be somewhat entertaining at times, but is overall meh.
>>
Isn't this the show where someone murders the teacher by sabotaging her legs, which break her back and then has her walk off a cliff?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.