[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best gundam protagonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: ussodrop.png (95KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
ussodrop.png
95KB, 400x301px
>>
That was such a fucked up way to end a series.
>>
File: C-lEbxwV0AEjZN_.jpg (133KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-lEbxwV0AEjZN_.jpg
133KB, 915x1200px
>>
He's gonna be the lightest in a minute
>>
From a single series, yes.
I'd rank Amuro higher but he's got development in two series and a film.
>>
File: 08th_ms_team[1].png (147KB, 350x288px) Image search: [Google]
08th_ms_team[1].png
147KB, 350x288px
>>15510573
it is actually shiro.

>old type
>gets the girl
>ball pilot and lives!
>escapes the bullshit of the UC
>>
>>15510593
>Boring type
>Gets ugliest worst girl
>Ball pilot with Gundam plot armor
>Completely irrelevant in the larger scale of the UC
He's shit
>>
>>15510600
>A FUCKING PACIFIST
Why join the army in the first place?
At least be a medic or something
>>
>>15510573
yes
>>
>>15510593
>it is actually shiro.
Herro_Laugh.jpg
>>
>>15510613
he should have been gassed to death in that retarded flashback
>>
>>15510573
OFFICIAL BEST GUNDAM PROTAGONIST POWER RANKINGS

1. Amuro Ray
2. Uso Ewin/Usso Ebin/Usso Ebbing
3. Kamille
4. Domon Kasshu
5. Garrod Ran
6. Setsuna
7, Judau Astha
8. Heero Yuy
9. Kira Yamato
10. Loran
11. Bellri
>>
>>15511872
Switch Amuro with Heero
>>
>>15512155
>>15511872
Heero is fucking garbage.
>>
>>15511872
why isnt Kira the first one?
>>
>>15510573
No. Amuro, Kamille, Garrod, Kira, and Setsuna are all better by default because they have a character arc.
>>
>>15512168
a what?
>>
>>15510579

It was a far far better thing he did than he ever did before

It is a far far better rest than he could have known
>>
>>15511872
Jesus Yamato needs to die. terrible second half and terrible protagonist with to much plot armor
>>
The correct answer is Seabook you plebs
>>
>>15511872
1.)Kamille
2.)Amuro
3.)Uso
4.)Domon
5.)Setsuna
6.)Judau
7.)Loran
8.)Bellri
9.)Flit
10.)Heero
11.)Shinn
12.)Kira
13.)Mikazuki
>>
>>15512350
Kamille>Amuro>Uso>Domon>Setsuna>Judau=Loran=Bellri>Flit>>>Heero>Shinn>Kira>>>>>>>PowerGap>>>>>>>>>>>>Mikazuki
>>
>>15512350
where is garrod
>>
>>15512350
Why do people put Kira so high? all he does was scsream WE NEED TO STOP FIGHTING
>>
>>15512350
Switch shinn and Kira with Seabook and Kou and remove Mikam
Kira was so bad he reminded me of those shounen protagonists.
>>
>>15512406
I didn't put Seabook and Kou in because they were in a movie and OVA, not main series
>>
>>15512367
Aww, shit you're right. I'd probably put Garrod in somewhere around Judau or Bellri
>>
>>15512350
Toss out Kira and Shin, cause fuck Seed, add Seabook and Garrod, knock Loran off too Turn A was good but fuck that kid, bump Heero to Lorans spot, and add Io Flemming because he's such a cunt
>>
>>15512376
Because Seed fanboys love the Mary sue with impenetrable plot armor
>>
>we will never get to see how Uso develops at another point in his life
>>
File: 1487154195362.jpg (34KB, 288x336px) Image search: [Google]
1487154195362.jpg
34KB, 288x336px
>>15512350
>Mikazuki on the list
>>
it has to be char without him amuro and the rest would be insignificant he made them great
>>
>>15512578
Yea i like OP mainchracters also but not when they survive agod damn nuke right next to them.
>>
>>15512600

> Char
> protagonist
>>
>>15512575

I quite like Loran personally, and while I wouldn't put him at the top or anything, I feel no. 6 or 7 like that list (I'd put him ahead of Judau personally) is probably about the right spot. He doesn't have an arc and doesn't change much, but I think his character is quite absorbing despite that. He starts the show as a naive spy, who works as a mechanic and driver before getting embroiled in a war, but manages to keep his essential decency despite that conflict. When he starts getting tired of both sides using him and lying about his past he comes clean about himself publicly, when he doubts Dianna's motives as a peaceful ruler he takes the first chance to question her about it, when his friends confront him about how he might be getting used by Guin he argues with them but starts taking heed of their words and acting a bit more independent, culminating in him turning on Guin when Guin starts acting in a way that sows conflict.

He always tries to de-escalate violence or talk people down or out in a level headed way that never comes across as condescending but at the same time is okay with using violence if someone won't listen, including on his own allies if they're being dicks. He never prioritizes enemies above allies like Kio does though, but he does make friends with several enemies when it's clear their motives align or that they've reformed (like Harry and Corin). When he has to kill someone he doesn't cry or get angsty about it though. Nor does he act that way when he kills someone by accident. He just tries to do better or help in future so that it won't happen again.

Kamille, Uso etc. go through more harrowing things and change because of them, others like Setsuna have broader arcs, but Loran is just a decent person who tries to be good to those around him and help stop a war from breaking out without ever losing what makes him decent, and I think that's engaging in it's own way.
>>
>>15512429
Ah, ok.
>>
>>15512575
Loran is the most many gundam protag by far.
>>
>>15512376
that makes a protag a good characters ;)
>>
Is there a gundam series who's not shonen?
>>
>>15513502
Zeta is Shoujo
>>
>>15513502
Wing is shonen ai.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.