[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idea for the next non UC Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: dyson%20swarm[1].jpg (263KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dyson%20swarm[1].jpg
263KB, 1440x1080px
Instead of colonies around the earth. they built a dyson sphere around the entire solar system. placed between earth and mars.

people live in giant dome cities on the inner surface of the sphere. transportation is by mag lev trains on the sphere surface.
>>
>>15510456
>they built a dyson sphere around the entire solar system

>placed between earth and mars.

I'm not quite sure I get you here. Is the sphere encompassing everything up to Neptune/Pluto, or did they catch/create a star, put it in a Dyson Sphere, and then plonk the new planetoid into orbit in-between Earth and Mars?
>>
File: 20170404_185235.jpg (270KB, 934x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_185235.jpg
270KB, 934x720px
>>15510456
>around the entire solar system. placed between earth and mars.
>>
>>15510456
This is so stupid that I think Char wrote it.
>>
>>15510496
it goes all the way around the sun, mercury, venus, and earth. then mars and the rest is outside the sphere.
>>15510503
can't be. no mention of dropping things on earth, revenge against the zabis, moving people off earth, or lolis.
>>
File: pDZs8Ty.png (638KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
pDZs8Ty.png
638KB, 704x400px
>>15510456
You remember the last time we had dyson spheres?
>>
>>15510544
immortal high school students and world conquest?
>>
>>15510519
>it goes all the way around the sun, mercury, venus, and earth. then mars and the rest is outside the sphere.
????
So not the "entire" solar system?

Fucking ESLs, man.
>>
BLAM! anime when?
>>
>>15510456
That's too ridiculous even for Star Wars...
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 1436x1080px
>>15511113
Star Wars builds moons, or hollows out small planets and sucks in stars for weapons.

Star Trek had a fully enclosed Dyson Sphere. Though built by a long dead civilization.
>>
>>15510456

Do you know how much raw material and manpower they'd need to do such a thing?
>>
>>15511259
they could just go for a fake dyson sphere that's just a lot of satellites or solar panels in space

a totally solid sphere around a star is just one extreme example of it, so long as the entire system is harnessing an appreciable fraction of a star's energy, it's fine to call it a dyson sphere
>>
>>15511259
Maybe it depends on the density and place.
If it's a net of rings around the earth like the one in 00, it's entirely feasible for Gundam. Something like OP's pic is far beyond what our current civilization class would achieve in the next centuries, something like OP's example (build it around planet orbits) is impractical and impossible, there's simply not enough material for it to happen. The goal of the dyson sphere is to harness energy, maybe what OP wants is a dyson cloud, which is just a really tight cluster of structures (colonies) around a planet.
>>
My idea is just 4 words.

Liquid metal mobile suits
>>
>>15511600
Setsuna is that you?
>>
>>15511619
ELS is more of nanomachines/crystals than it is liquid metal, I'm talking something more like a t-1000 gundam
>>
>>15510456
>>15510519
You know I can see this happening in a super post Turn A gundam thing.
And people trying to get in or out of the Sphere.
And because it blocks a great portion of the sunlight.
and then resources wars for the asteroids belt near jupiter.

And possible Return of humanity that went off to explore other solar systems. that was said to have left earth.

and if you really want to go crazy a new version of the newtype based on the deficiency of solar radiation in out space. or the over exposure to solar radiation from the sun inside the sphere.
>>
>>15510544
I completely forgot valverave had those.
I thought they were space colonies
>>
>>15511527
We have more than enough material to build one like in OP's picture all we have to do is use Mercury for the building materials may need to disassemble Venus as well. But material wise already covered. The means to actually do it not at all.
>>
>>15511696
They are space colonies you see dozens of them during the show. As that isn't the sun inside it, its just a power source that looks like a star.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.