[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1492842477221.jpg (338KB, 751x863px) Image search: [Google]
1492842477221.jpg
338KB, 751x863px
Is Gudam as a whole a real or super robot show?
>>
The first season is real, everything else is super, so probably super.
>>
>>15509002
Grounded super robot
Depends on the series tho
>>
>>15509002
The segregation of real and super was a mistake.

None of them are real.
>>
>>15509002
Yes.

>>15509017
That's an oxymoron.
>>
Mazinger, even with the entire monster of the week format, felt more like real because everything was still built on Earth without any psychic powers or newtype shenanigans.

Gundam meanwhile despite the depictions of war felt more of a super because of the newtype shenanigans.
>>
It's a really super robot show.
>>
>>15509002
It's...a toy robot show?
>>
>>15509002
Every robot is real within its setting
>>
>>15509002
What's a "Gudam"?
>>
>>15509002

It's sweet that you deem us authorities on that subject, OP, but you probably could make your own opinion.

Some people say that supers are basically giant superheroes and reals are war machines, by that definition Gundam would be closer to real, if we're talking the original Gundam.
>>
>>15509002
Gundam, in my opinion, rides a line between real and super robot that works very well. MSG is my favorite mecha franchise because the mechs feel like conceivably feasible military hardware despite being fantastic and improbable.
>>
>>15509002
For the most part, it's closer to Real than Super in my opinion.

Rides the line pretty closely. Some series, like G, are clearly full-on Super.
>>
A better question:

How do you define real and super robots?
>>
>>15509002
A super robot show with MOTW formula.
>>
It' a real robot show in the same vain a Star Wars is fantasy.
>>
>>15509667
Already answered >>15509311
>>
>>15509002
Super Robot Wars says it's Real, so it's Real.
>>
>>15509002
Super fighting robot.
>>
>>15510868
mega-man
>>
>>15509002
Who cares? Just watch if you enjoy it and don't if you don't.
>>
>>15509002
As far as the UC goes, Real, but progressively diddling the edge into Super as time goes on
>>
>>15509002
>Is Gudam as a whole a real or super robot show?

Real robot shows do not exist. All robot mecha shows differ only in the degree of "pseudo-realism" they exhibit. Once you understand this, you can answer your own fucking question.
>>
>>15510957
>As far as the UC goes, Real,

Get the fuck out of /m/. Sometimes I think we should fucking do a cultural entry test instead of letting anyone post on /m/. That would eliminate all the /a/-tards disguising as /m/-tards and the /m/-tards that are ignorant about the hobby they profess to love.
>>
>>15509311
>Some people say that supers are basically giant superheroes and reals are war machines

Those people have only watched Gundam and nothing else. I guarantee you that anyone who says is a self-proclaimed real robot fan and doesn't like super robots.
>>
If you guys think the term "real robot" refers to the action being grounded and the robots being somewhat realistic, you're sorely mistaken.
>>
Every UC Gundam starts out real and then gets Newtype bullshit added till it becomes super
>0079:Starts out believable with the AI computer assisting Amuro and the Gundam is just well armored, the falling in the cockpit stuff was handled pretty well if you compare it to modern stuff. ---> LALAH NO, I CAN SEE TIME
>Zeta:Autistic child shoots up a the school and joins the terrorists in an okay Gundam, with the state that kids are in theses days and how grounded the suits are at first, its okay---> LITERAL GHOSTS OF THE DEAD HELP KILL THE-O, BUT NOT BEFORE MAKING KAMILLE A RETARD
>ZZ:Ragtag group of kids help Bright after everyone one died, not unbelievable and it gets a pass due to the more humorous nature of the show. Judau pls stop trying to leave ---> PURU CLONES, CRAZY NEWTYPES AND THEIR WACKY MACHINES, AND THE ZZ DOING SHIT IT SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DO, GLEMY FUCK OFF
>Counterattack: Chars back--->AXIS SHOCK
>>
>>15511417
>>15511357
I'm with you two on this, we need to post the unarguable definition of real and super to shut up these fake fans once and for all since they keep thinking UC is real
>>
>>15511497
The classification of "super" and "real" depends entirely on the context of the show and requires a case by case analysis. Shit like the G-Self is easily super robot territory, but the show is a real robot show due to how its written and the G-Self will behave like a Real in SRW.
>>
File: 16.jpg (130KB, 640x595px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
130KB, 640x595px
>>15509002
>>
>>15509009
>What is Stardust Memory
>What is 08th MS Team
>What is War in the Pocket

You're fucking wrong.
>>
>>15511497
>we need to post the unarguable definition of real and super
Two story options in a Super Robot Wars game. That's all it ever was. There is no such thing as "real robot anime" or "super robot anime" being rigidly defined genres of anime. They're just vague descriptive words like "warm" or "cool" that mean different things to different people (what is warm to a man from Vladivostok is cold to a man from Miami).
>>
>>15511777
Techincally, they were also marketing lingo for Gundam and Mazinger Z back in the '70s prior to that.
>>
Having newtypes doesn't make Gundam super robot. It's not the robot that's super, it's the pilot. If Spider-man got in a Zaku, would it become a super robot?
>>
The distinction is arbitrary internet pissing at best
>>
>>15512197
>If Spider-man got in a Zaku, would it become a super robot?

No, because it's already a super robot.
>>
It's a show.
>>
Real robot = subgenre of mecha primarily focused on military or military-like stories where robots are common weapons for officers
>Gundam
>Patlabor

Super robot = everything else
>Mazinger Z
>Evangelion
>>
>>15512327
>nuke reactor
>limbs are hydraulic
>fights with guns

>super
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.