[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>For 99% of the population, this is the only thing they think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

>For 99% of the population, this is the only thing they think of when you ask them what "mecha" is

Why are we such a tortured people, /m/?
>>
>>15508599
But that movie was great, what are you talking about?
Only butthurt geewunners hate it.
>>
File: 1320776928298.jpg (259KB, 1600x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1320776928298.jpg
259KB, 1600x1139px
The much-maligned 'general audience' can't and/or is not expected to understand heady topics like politics, science, and philosophy. Take those elements out of Mecha and all you are left with is dumb, contextless robot fighting. Why people are fighting in robots is what makes the robot fights interesting.
>>
At least they aren't fake mecha fans
>>
File: Shut up, Starscream!.gif (483KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Shut up, Starscream!.gif
483KB, 500x270px
>>15508623
Ohhhh, now I see. That explains everything. At first I thought I didn't like the movie because the plot was generic, the comedy was forced, and the action was difficult to follow. I never knew a series I wouldn't watch until after the live-action film came out would influence me so much.
>>
>>15508648
Well, now you know. Don't let it happen again.
>>
>>15508599
so 99% of the population started out with transformers (the bay movie) then moved on to other mecha?

and you're acting like it's a bad thing?
>>
File: unbelievable.gif (892KB, 245x270px) Image search: [Google]
unbelievable.gif
892KB, 245x270px
>>15508599
>Normies only know of niche subjects through mainstream outlets

Go figure.
>>
>>15508599
In my country, I found some normies on the 25 to 30 age spectrum who at least watched Evangelion.
But the word mecha wont even ring a bell for evangelion or these transformers movies either so I guess you're in a better situation OP.

>>15508648
I also watched G1 thanks to the movie. Loved the cartoon, at least up till the (animated) movie.
>>
>>15508599
robutts aren't mecha
>>
>>15508648
>the plot was generic, the comedy was forced, and the action was difficult to follow.
So basically the entire G1 cartoon. Stay mad geewunner.
>>
>>15508671
>moved onto other mecha
except that part never happened
>>
>>15508826
have you even asked 1% of the 99%?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.