[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much longer until he's found wandering the streets homeless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 35

File: KeijiInafune[2].jpg (32KB, 608x405px) Image search: [Google]
KeijiInafune[2].jpg
32KB, 608x405px
how much longer until he's found wandering the streets homeless?
>>
>>15506909
A soup kitchen is better than nothing.
>>
Gas station is still an option
>>
>>15506909
He could get a fast food job,but that runs the risks of having a breakdown every time some one orders a number 9 meal.
>>
File: father of mega man.jpg (326KB, 978x673px) Image search: [Google]
father of mega man.jpg
326KB, 978x673px
>>15506909

The Inafune hate is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>15508223
Hate is better than nothing.
>>
Businessman got a lucky break at the track with someone else's horse--likely his only chance out of a dead-end jap cubicle work life. But he let it get to his head. Thought it was all his special genius, rather than him getting lucky.

And he rode that horse someone else made, right into the ground.
>>
>>15508223

that still says Inafune designed MM, which is fucking wrong.
>>
>>15513096
He defined Mega Man's dinaluzed design, most likely based on the NES limitations.
We haven't seen Kitamura's original sketch.

Also, did anyone saw the Inafune interview in the GameCube version of the Anniversary Collection? Inafune there does say he didnt create Mega Man, "Mega Man created me, my career" and how the character's conception was "his senior's idea (Kitamura)".
>>
His greatest mistake was making the X series and letting Capcom put Zero in the spotlight.
>>
>>15513121
>He defined Mega Man's dinaluzed design,

He didn't finalize anything. The design is simple, and the sprite itself IS the finalized design. There's nothing Inafune added.

Secondly, why does only Inafune get credit for "finalizing the design" by doing promo art? Why doesn't the guy who did the promo art for Donkey Kong and Mario Bros get co-credit for creating Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong? Those were pixel first designs as well. It reeks of someone trying to keep Inafune important in the creation of Mega Man when he had an extremely limited role in the first two games.

>We haven't seen Kitamura's original sketch.

Supposedly the original sketches are in art books and in MM Legacy Collection's art gallery. I haven't seen them either. But it doesn't mean they don't exist, or that you should assume that Kitamura doodled something random as pixel art and then the genius Inafune turned that into a real design.
>>
File: megaman.jpg (598KB, 2111x768px) Image search: [Google]
megaman.jpg
598KB, 2111x768px
>>15513221

Here is comparison of Kitamura's pixel art, Inafune's cover art, and the Toku inspiration for the character.

>>15513207

Inafune did not create the X series, or at least he didn't create it alone. Inafune was a senior member of the dev team by the time of MMX1, so he had greater influence in the project. He was tasked with designing the new Mega Man. He drew Zero. But he realized this design would not be accepted. So he decided to make this a totally new character, whom he likened to the Han Solo to X who was Luke Skywalker. Inafune then got his art friend Hayato Kaji to design the new Mega Man.

The role of like 30 people gets credited to Inafune. Inafune was not a producer until X4 and MM8.

I'm reading through the dev notes, and I can't see who initially proposed the MMX series or project. The development seems troubled.

http://shmuplations.com/megamanx/
>>
>>15513221
>Why doesn't the guy who did the promo art for Donkey Kong and Mario Bros get co-credit for creating Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong?
Well, if it helps, Tezuka should be credited as Zelda's co-creator, since he was the one who dcided Zelda should be high fantasy as opposed to Miyamoto's original time travel sci fi vision.
>>
>>15513451

Yeah, but Tezuka isn't the cover artist. He was more involved with the story/writing.

Tezuka is a totally under rated guy, and should be seen on par or higher than Miyamoto. While SMB is considered a landmark in video game history, most people agree that SMB3 and SMW are the high points of the series. Both games were directed by Tezuka.
>>
>>15508223
>tfw we hated on him so much we rolled back to liking Inafune
>>
>>15506909
>>
>>15514867

...source?
>>
>>15513207
Well Zero ended up better than the other entries, so
>>
>>15514920
http://gerph18up.tumblr.com/post/148568274011/i-was-testing-the-bigdad123-color-style-please
>>
>>15514857
I think within Nintendo he has as much power as Miyamoto, but "gaymen journos" just pay attention to Miyamoto.
>>
File: 70d.png (200KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
70d.png
200KB, 500x601px
Saddest part is, I actually liked Mighty No. 9. Dynatron is a robot I'd fuck.
>>
File: three con men.jpg (579KB, 2379x711px) Image search: [Google]
three con men.jpg
579KB, 2379x711px
>some old guys with a dusty ass connection to a great game of yore can raise millions based on nostalgia and promises alone

How do they do it?
>>
>>15506909
Too long.
>tfw the 'creator of Mega Man' tries making a Mega Man game and it ends up being worse than every actual Mega Man game save for DOS 3
>>
>>15516685
Our generation is retarded enough to think kickstarter is a proffesional funding method and also wants rehashed old shit rather than new shit.
>>
>>15508047
What about a number nine large?
>>
File: Kamiya tried to warn us.png (452KB, 1490x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Kamiya tried to warn us.png
452KB, 1490x1065px
>>15516700
>tfw the 'creator of Mega Man'

He's just a businessman.
>>
File: 201011_30_92_d0207292_0583564.jpg (107KB, 810x544px) Image search: [Google]
201011_30_92_d0207292_0583564.jpg
107KB, 810x544px
The fall of Inafune will never not be funny.
>>
File: 1ea.jpg (138KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
1ea.jpg
138KB, 700x503px
>>
>>15513221
TOM PON the programmer of the first 3 Mega Man games seems to attribute the Mega Man creation and series more to Inafune than to Kitamura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ORrC6-6S4
>>
File: misc03[1].gif (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
misc03[1].gif
5KB, 256x224px
>>15521412
>TOM PON the programmer of the first 3 Mega Man game

Tom Pon is an artist. And he's an employee of Comcept and a friend of Inafune. I'm not shocked he's on the Inafune hype train. His livelihood depends on this myth.

Nobuyuki Matsushima was the programmer for MM1 and 2. He made the engine, and created the color changing mechanic that MM is known for. It's notable that MM3, the first game he didn't work on, had significantly more slowdown than 1-2. Matsushima is as much the "father" of MM as Kitamura is.

Naoya Tomita (aka TOM PON) did enemy names, backgrounds and the "get equipped" graphic in the first few games, not programming.

The director/planner of 1-2 never mentions Inafune once in his interview.

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/
>>
>>15513315
Megaman was based in Ninja Captor?
>>
File: kitamura mega man.jpg (410KB, 714x923px) Image search: [Google]
kitamura mega man.jpg
410KB, 714x923px
>>15522659
>Megaman was based in Ninja Captor?

Partially.
>>
File: marvel_vs_capcom_infinite-3-1.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marvel_vs_capcom_infinite-3-1.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>15518549
Meanwhile at Capcom, with an actual gaming icon,

Inafune gets BTFO
>>
>>15522641
In that interview when Ariga brought up Inafube, Kitamura danced around it. I guess the bad blood is real.
>>
>>15522729

He's probably annoyed Inafune hijacked his series and stole the spotlight, but you don't shit talk people unless you really have to. As evidenced by him not knowing about the forest fire effect in MM7, he probably doesn't pay attention to the series or Inafune's exploits.

But I'd pay a lot of money to see him review Mighty Number 9.
>>
>>15522777
2 dubs and 1 trips confirm
I really dont know what to make of Inafune. I get people are angry at Mighty No. 9 but at the same time, Inafune's tenure as head of the series led to some of my favorite games, such as 6, 7, X1, the whole Zero series... And he's the action gameplay... Director? Consult guy? Of Gunvolt, so I dont know what the fuck happebed with MN9. Probably developing it for so many consoles.
>>
>>15522789
>And he's the action gameplay... Director? Consult guy? Of Gunvolt,

Inafune was only Promotions producer for Gunvolt. In terms of gameplay, he only contributed the Flashfield gameplay mechanic. Which I didn't like at all.

Inafune's just an artist who rose to become a businessman. He is clueless about gameplay. He also seems to be a bad businessman on top of that.

Him as producer doesn't seem to have any impact on the quality fo the game. If he was producer for a game you like, thank the director and dev team, not him.
>>
>>15522789
>I really dont know what to make of Inafune.

The work of 50+ people got condensed and credited to just him. People had this over inflated view of Inafune as the series creator/director/designer/writer/, etc. Anything good about the series they gave him credit for. The gaming media has hyped up Inafune for years, and pass on half-truths and falsehoods, so it's not that suprizing gamers had the wrong idea of him.

This overblown image has come crashing down to reality with MN9.
>>
>>15522789
Don't you get it Anon?

Think about it. We all know Mega Man, the entire franchise, has had its troubles. Whilst it's true it's down to a very small group of guys, including Inafune, working heavily in their personal time that brought us Mega Man 2 and thus the rest of the franchise, it's also true that Inafune was somehow "in the credits" of every single game one way or another, despite the fact that he has a microscopic skill set. He can do, what, some archaic computer design, and some very opinionated character design. That's it. That may have been a boon back in the 80s, but these days you can't even get a student internship without knowing fucking 3ds Max and Maya. Inafune's involvement with games like Mega Man X and Mega Man Legends, like Mega Man himself's creation, are probably wildly exaggerated, and since becoming head of development at Capcom, pretty much all the then-current series were cancelled early. Battle Network barely wrapped everything up. Star Force bombed. There was that abomination of a phone game. Inafune wanted to re-do Mega Man 1-6 with a vastly bloated budget for the PSP without understanding fucking anything about the market. And then, of course, Legends 3 blue-balled the entire planet entirely due to workplace politics that, it seems, Inafune was the cause of, with his incessant bitching about "muh Japanese games industry".
>>
>>15522830 cont.
His issue was that "it doesn't matter what you make, how much heart and soul you put in, or what ideas would more the industry forward - because all the jobs in the games industry are paid by salary and not by contribution". Thus, his claim was that "it won't matter if I leave because people will buy Mega Man Legends 3 as a product, not as an Inafune work". The exact OPPOSITE then happened, as there was no one left to stand up for MML3's development from within Capcom, and also Capcom got a hell of a lot of shit for "bullying" "muh poor Inafune" even though at that project's inception HE was the head of games development and it was his responsibility to make sure there was sufficient manpower, publicity and dev time to make the game he was already selling to the world before it had even been conceptualized.

THEN, when Mighty No. 9 was announced, people wanted to buy it was it was INAFUNE'S game. THE creator of Mega Man. He was proven wrong because people cared about his work, not about the product; further, he was proven wrong to the extreme because the world saw how he talks big but can't even make a fucking game above the level of an indie studio.
>>
File: inafune brand.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
inafune brand.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>15522832
>>15522830

Alternatively: Inafune is a retard who got a huge ego and thought he could do anything.

He thought he had a "brand", which isn't true. People only thought he was the creator of Mega Man, thus he got lots of sympathy and donations because of that. And it's not true. For his other series he was producer for, no one really considers them "Inafune" games.
>>
File: mighty_no__9_by_0_error-d6m8yfw.png (159KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
mighty_no__9_by_0_error-d6m8yfw.png
159KB, 650x650px
>>15515695
>Saddest part is, I actually liked Mighty No. 9.
Same. It could've been better and agree with most criticisms regarding the game itself, but I honestly didn't think was as bad as the internet makes it out to be. Frankly this hate-train circlejerk is pretty ridiculous imo.
>>
Just kys, onimusha fag.
>>
>>15522698
>MvCI looks like shit
>Fans wanted X so badly
>Game -is- shit
Game is gonna tank.
>>
>>15522830
>Battle Network barely wrapped everything up
No, it was meant to end in 3. It ran even longer than expected.

>and some very opinionated character design.
What does this mean?

Inafune wanted to re-do Mega Man 1-6 with a vastly bloated budget for the PSP without understanding fucking anything about the market.
This part doed make me personally sad because I enjoyed Powered Up so much.
>>
>>15523004
At least there is a Pixiv artist that did a bunch of artwork in the style of Powered Up (not only for 2-6, but even V and the Wonderswan R&F as well).
>>
>>15522915
My brother... I hope a sequel is made that improves big time. I wish to see Beck's adventures go on.
>>
>>15523004
That guy is full of it, BN was wrapped up quite nicely and Inafune wanted to redo X1-X6 for the PSP.
>>
>>15523004
>No, it was meant to end in 3. It ran even longer than expected.
That's right, it was dragged out longer and the quality dropped through the fucking floor. See BN4. My point is that it was handled poorly and BN4-6 didn't say or do anything 3 didn't already say and do better.

>What does this mean?
Well, I don't know if you backed MN9 or not, but I did, and basically all of the development emails were about staff or fan character designs. They would show the basic design and then a segment with Inafune's feedback and everyone treats it like god and changes it according to his will, when it's usually along the lines of "make it look more literally like <object/concept/whatever>". Basically he acts like only his design philosophy is valid even though it's outdated as fuck.

>This part doed make me personally sad because I enjoyed Powered Up so much.
I feel you Anon, I loved it too. But there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have just made Mega Man 1-6 or even just 1-3 all together in one game. Powered Up was great for Mega Man fans but offered absolutely nothing for anyone else. Making two shitty new robot masters doesn't bring anything to the table, especially when one has a fucking racism/censorship issue surrounding it. If it had the quality of multiple games and the new aesthetic, it would have sold like hotcakes. Or, fuck, what do I know, I'm not a Japanese games developer. My point is that he should fucking know what he's doing, it's not my job.

>>15523019
YOU'RE full of it, cuck. How old are you? Were you even around for this? How many Mega Man games have you even played? For the record I loved X6 but the ending was hot garbage.
Also yes he wanted to do Maverick Hunter X1-X6 to finish up the canon but again fucked up the expectation with the reality.
>>
>>15523036
>YOU'RE full of it, cuck. How old are you? Were you even around for this? How many Mega Man games have you even played? For the record I loved X6 but the ending was hot garbage.
>Also yes he wanted to do Maverick Hunter X1-X6 to finish up the canon but again fucked up the expectation with the reality.
wew lad, onimusha fag.
>>
File: beck_by_0_error-d6zob6j.png (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
beck_by_0_error-d6zob6j.png
105KB, 500x500px
>>15523012
>I hope a sequel is made that improves big time. I wish to see Beck's adventures go on.
Ditto. I actually like the characters and I think there's a lot of potential for a better sequel but even i'm having my doubts at this point. If nothing else, I'll be happy if they at least go the Carmageddon: Max Damage route and just improve the original. I prey they learn from their mistakes with Red Ash...
Goddamn, I hate feeling so alone with this game
>>
File: ben judd.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ben judd.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
During a Twitch livestream of the game for the release of the game, Inafune, through translator Ben Judd stated "You know, I want to word this in a way to explain some of the issues that come with trying to make a game of this size on multiple platforms." adding "I'm kind of loath to say this because it's going to sound like an excuse and I don't want to make any excuses. I own all the problems that came with this game and if you want to hurl insults at me, it's totally my fault. I'm the key creator. I will own that responsibility."[62][63] Ben Judd added his own thoughts, saying "In this case, it was do the base game and do all the ports all at the same time. And it ended up being a huge amount of work, more than they actually estimated. Definitely, when they looked at the project, they were wrong about a lot of things. They underestimated how much work, time and money was going to be necessary. All of those things create a huge amount of pressure."[62] Later he said “But, again, we can hope that if things go well, there'll be sequels. Because I'll tell you what, I'm not getting my 2D side-scrolling fill. And at the end of the day, even if it's not perfect, it's better than nothing. At least, that's my opinion.”[64]
>>
>>15523071
>Goddamn, I hate feeling so alone with this game
You are not alone. I feel the same. Let us hope Red Ash ends up being an amazing adventure game.
>>
>>15522698
>jobs in every trailer

oops
>>
>>15520648
>Beck in the same picture with Atom

Utter sacrilege
>>
>Comcept will be bankrupted in your lifetime
>>
>>15513221
>Secondly, why does only Inafune get credit for "finalizing the design" by doing promo art? Why doesn't the guy who did the promo art for Donkey Kong and Mario Bros get co-credit for creating Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong? Those were pixel first designs as well.
You'd be surprised how many people seem to think that the promotional artists for the 90s Capcom fighting games designed the characters.
>>
>>15523703

Well they're wrong. And the point still stands.
>>
File: Mystery of the Jedi.jpg (63KB, 448x498px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery of the Jedi.jpg
63KB, 448x498px
>>15523230
>all these fanart showing Beck appearing to be the next best thing
>ended up being shit
>artists most likely regret drawing him
>>
File: 1466536059948.png (260KB, 1110x914px) Image search: [Google]
1466536059948.png
260KB, 1110x914px
>>15524078
They sure did.
>>
File: 1458595664647.png (1MB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1458595664647.png
1MB, 800x1300px
>>15524078

I have a whole folder of this sappy shit.
>>
File: 1401077081992.jpg (23KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
1401077081992.jpg
23KB, 640x340px
>>15524217
>Not Rush
>>
File: tumblr_msi7lecEM51qzp9weo1_1280.jpg (96KB, 620x836px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msi7lecEM51qzp9weo1_1280.jpg
96KB, 620x836px
>>15524217
>>
File: tumblr_mslxrxHtL11r9o3fjo1_500.png (199KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mslxrxHtL11r9o3fjo1_500.png
199KB, 500x377px
>>15524245
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=V0hiF5UCZa0
>>
>>15524274

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vy4hpXh7aI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ93GlbrqyY
>>
>>15524217
>>15524092
It's funny when you link some of these back to dA and read the comments after when the game came out.
>>
File: 42.jpg (86KB, 900x873px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
86KB, 900x873px
>>15524217
>Sasquatch in the cell
>>
File: 331.jpg (182KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
331.jpg
182KB, 700x906px
>>
>>15506909
No chance. He is good at business and is charismatic as fuck when he needs to be to the right people. Inafune is always going to have material wealth. The man is cunning.
>>
File: Comcept money.jpg (131KB, 885x610px) Image search: [Google]
Comcept money.jpg
131KB, 885x610px
>>15525307

They only have 700,000 cash on hand. That's nothing for a company like Comcept. Too many duds will catch up to them eventually. Reemember, MN9 was supposed to be their cash cow series.
>>
>>15516685
To be fair to Igarashi, the Bloodstained KS has been doing more things right than MN9. Plus he gained a lot more sympathy due to how people eventually found how how badly Konami treats their employees. Especially the ones they don't like. Opposed to Inafune leaving because he had an ego issue.
>>
>>15522830
>Inafune wanted to re-do Mega Man 1-6 with a vastly bloated budget for the PSP without understanding fucking anything about the market.

What the fuck was he doing? Powered up and Maverick Hunter X don't feel like a ton of money was put into them
>>
>>15524272
the problem with MM at that time was that the games were selling like shit. 9 was a hit because of the "back to the NES style" thing but 10 flopped. As development costs hiked up, justifying a megaman game when sales were garbage became harder and harder. SF, RE, MH, and Ace Attorney were still getting games because they were selling.

Had it stopped with 10 then the outcry wouldn't have been nearly as bad. But then Legends 3 got canned and you know the rest. I don't even think people remember or cared for MM Universe that much.
>>
>>15525613
I am still pissed off about Universe. It basically was Mega Man Maker.
>>
>>15508223
megaman fans are pussies

be more like metroid fans and never ever let go of your anger
>>
>>15525447
Because >PSP
>>
>>15525613
>MM10
>tanked
Pffff whatever.
>>
Keiji Inafune has been discredited since he talks big, but can't back them up.

Will the same happen to Iga?
>>
>>15506909
Why is this site as a whole so hang up on Inafune after the MN9 fiasco?
Yeah, it's not that great but everybody makes a bad game sometimes, it's not like he didn't make his share of great stuff, Soul Sacrifice for instance is amazing and one of the most original and satisfying games from the last gen, both Lost Planet and Dead Rising games are good too, give him a break already, he also admitted that when it came to MN9 it was all his fault, it's not like he pussied out of the thing, he's not John Romero.
>>
>>15516685
Who's the guy on the right supposed to be?
>>
>>15528154
I'd wait for E3. The Bloodstained twitter said they were working on voice acting, so I'd wager they're getting a demo up and polishing it quite a bit. If it's good that'll be some proof Iga is doing better than Inafune, IMO. That said,

>>15528188
I guess so, though Comcept's handling of a lot of stuff is very shady. I've heard from people who backed MN9 that they still haven't received several backer rewards and the versions for the 3DS and Vita are completely dead. That might have been forgivable if they had received any word about a cancellation or anything, but so far the company has just been mum. It's understandable people would be extremely frustrated.
>>
>>15528188
It was one of the earliest GG shitstorms and we get a lot of /v/ spillover.
>>
>>15528231
>the versions for the 3DS and Vita are completely dead
It gets me that even Noitu Love 2's port managed to get on the 3DS before MN9's, and that took literal years. It shouldn't even be difficult to do.

>>15528188
>Dead Rising
On that note, is the PS4 port good?
>>
>>15528348
At this point, I suppose Comcept just said "it's not worth the expense," since the 3DS at least is old news. That said, it's another difference between Inafune and IGA: When Bloodstained canceled its Wii U port, it upgraded all Wii U backers to Switch automatically, and offered refunds to those who wanted one. That probably might have been a good idea for Comcept to do--even if 3DS folks couldn't get a copy, a steam version of the game would have been at least "better than nothing." As it stands, a lot of backers were left with no recourse other than to throw up their hands and consider their money wasted. It's very sad.
>>
>>15525613
>the problem with MM at that time was that the games were selling like shit.

Because Capcom was jsut making sequels without any thought. It was just diminishing returns at that point. They should have held back and only made sequels when they thought they could do something interesting and NEW.
>>
File: truth about inafune.jpg (133KB, 1434x482px) Image search: [Google]
truth about inafune.jpg
133KB, 1434x482px
>>15528188
>Why is this site as a whole so hang up on Inafune after the MN9 fiasco?

We, more than anyone else, bought into the hype of INAFUNE THE GENIUS CREATOR OF MEGA MAN WHO HAS LEFT THE SHACKLES OF CAPCOM TO RETURN THE SERIES TO ITS PRIME!

Then after delays and drama, we got a 4/10 mess of a game. We thought he was the Miyamoto of Mega Man. We were wrong.

To anyone paying attention, the warning signs were there. This guy was proven right at the tmie, but no one listened.
>>
File: better than nothing.jpg (112KB, 397x767px) Image search: [Google]
better than nothing.jpg
112KB, 397x767px
>>15528231
>and the versions for the 3DS and Vita are completely dead.

If they just outright cancelled it, then fine. But instead they've opted for the worst option: never saying anything. We know they're dead. But by never officially cancelling it, they seem to just hope people forget about it. That's shady.

This is whyw e call him "Con Man" Inafune.
>>
>>15528913
>We thought he was the Miyamoto of Mega Man. We were wrong.
Funny, since /v/ loves to shit on Miyamoto and call him a hack who just got lucky.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>15528922

Well, he sorta did. And just because he had skills that served him and Nintendo well in the 80's and 90s, doesn't mean they can translate into modern game design. And there's this mistaken belief that Miyamoto directed every single 8-16 bit game. SMB3, SMW, Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, were all directed by Takashi Tezuka. Between the two, Tezuka is way more talented than Miyamoto. But Miyamoto is the spokes person for Nintendo since he has a goofy, whimsical Willy Wonka nature to him.
>>
>>15528946
To be fair, Tezuka and Miyamoto are 2 sides of the same coin. When they work closely together is when magic happens, such as the original Legend of Zelda.
>>
>The latest mainline Mega Man game was 2010's Mega Man 10, while long-time series director Keiji Inafune launched his spiritual successor Mighty No. 9 to mixed reception last year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-7-8-9-10-collection-leaked-possibly/1100-6449660/

Can someone explain to me why the gaming media gets Inafune's role wrong like 100% of the time?
>>
>>15530744
FUCKING WHY, ANON, YOU JUST MADE THE SAME GODDAMN TOPIC ON /V/. POST THERE YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>15528188
the MN9 kickstarter had a lot of high expectations riding on it. the whole thing was funded out of spite and the hope of Inafune really sticking it to capcom despite him doing shit like being the main push for "we have to westernize capcom IPs".

the bad communication, the delays, the red ash kickstarter,and the game just not being good fucked him over and by extension kickstarter even though it's not the site's fault his company goofed.
>>
>>15523703
No, Mario was designed in tandem with his sprite. Specifically, his sprite was given a moustache and hat because it was difficult to differentiate them with the colour palette. In all honesty Mario's sprite and original official design were probably design in the same room on the same day.
>>
>>15525447
Take a wild guess.
Let's think about this and look at all the details.
What is Mega Man Powered Up?

So it's a port-remake of Mega Man 1. Obviously it's a much bigger game so it's actually a new game made in a new game engine with new graphics and character design. One could argue that most of the work went into said engine, but it seems the rest of the work went into extensively redesigning the characters and then making NEW characters. There was no work done on balancing the new characters (Oil Man's OP slick weapon) or adding anything of note. It reeks of Keiji "character design is literally the only thing that matters" Inafune.

Like, fine, character design is important. But to make a GAME and not a character picture book you need to hire actual programmers. And if he's such a good character designer, at the very least, we could have had more than fucking TWO new characters. Give us like 20 awesome new characters or something. Jesus.
>>
>>15531565
>Bitching this hard about Powered Up
Faggot, it was an amazing remake, being able to play as the robot masters was the best.
>>
>>15528913
Not saying he's wrong(he isn't) but as one of those bluepilled guys about Inafune(to be fair, I never care much about creators so its not like I admired the guy) the very fact that a known name on the industry(for whatever reason he is known) has to resort to kickstarter should be enough reason to diss him.
>>
>>15525613
>9 was a hit because of the "back to the NES style" thing but 10 flopped.
the back to NES gimmick should be used once, if even that.
Making 10 like that instead of actually moving up from 8 was retarded and if they expected anything from it so were they.
>>
>>15531617
>>15531565

They need to release Powered up and Maverick Hunters in HD on new consoles and Steam. I'd buy it.
>>
File: ben judd.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ben judd.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
Was he right?
>>
>>
File: 49a[1].png (408KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
49a[1].png
408KB, 600x620px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUWJQgQ8ysk

Watch this. An over view of Inafune's career.
>>
>>15531617
You're pretty fucking easy to please, aren't you, Anon?
Change the player character model and disable all abilities but one, and it's suddenly a great game?
People like you enabled Inafune to fool people for as long as he did.
>>
>>15538755

>he saw everybody making fun of him
>he saw コンマン ("Konman" phoenetically in Japanese) written in the stream
>he probably knows that ben judd's quote is attributed to him now

At least he can go drinking with Inti-Creates' president. Mighty Gunvolt Burst looks decent too, and that's a game that's actually a simple 2D adventure for the 3DS and not some bloated pseudo-3D monstrosity for all platforms, like what MN9 should have been.
>>
File: Tight Budget.png (926KB, 1000x2179px) Image search: [Google]
Tight Budget.png
926KB, 1000x2179px
>>15528196

Chris Roberts of Wing Commander's fame and Star Citizen, which is yet his ambitious Kickstarter project that is still not out $141 million and five years later
>>
>>15516772
Too bad that projects with actual heart are few and far between. Some of the ones that failed have their creators still work at polishing their projects, for starters.

>>15525433
Then there's the fiasco surrounding Super Retro Squad. It's a wonder the project got rebranded into something else.
>>
>>15540361
He literally has nothing to do with Mighty Gunvolt though.

https://twitter.com/HccvJPE8Dk/status/865765311336730625
>>
>>15543447
>>15540361
In any case, MN9 will forever remain the sidekick to Gunvolt now, and that's the way it should be.
>>
File: IMG_0686.jpg (220KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0686.jpg
220KB, 750x1334px
>>15540361
>>15543447

Haha this part is great
>>
File: Romero's really let himself go.gif (985KB, 150x224px) Image search: [Google]
Romero's really let himself go.gif
985KB, 150x224px
>>15508041
It's taken already.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.