[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn't this get more love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

File: fight! iczer one.jpg (1MB, 1600x2170px) Image search: [Google]
fight! iczer one.jpg
1MB, 1600x2170px
why doesn't this get more love?
>>
File: smug iczer-2.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smug iczer-2.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15506316
My dream is a western Blu-Ray release
Even though I know it'll never happen
>>
I'm not watching it till the BD is up somewhere.
>>
>>15506325
>I'm not watching it till the BD is up somewhere.

80s fluffy lesbians are worth watching in VHS/DVD/VideoCD/Blu-ray/4K whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 720x540px)
image.jpg
107KB, 720x540px
>>
File: 492422.jpg (702KB, 1600x2265px)
492422.jpg
702KB, 1600x2265px
>>
>>15506332
poofloof
>>
File: 1346510319722.jpg (294KB, 846x1200px)
1346510319722.jpg
294KB, 846x1200px
>>15506316
>>
>>15506316
It is such a fun ride. I picked up a clearance sale copy of Iczer 3 on DVD recently, I hope it's at lest half as good.
>>
>>15506472
they toned down the gore at
art got weaker
>>
File: iczer_one.jpg (117KB, 561x743px)
iczer_one.jpg
117KB, 561x743px
Is One a cute?
>>
>>15506516
>Is One a cute?

That level of fluff is orgasmic
>>
File: 063___Iczer_1.jpg (1MB, 1600x2265px)
063___Iczer_1.jpg
1MB, 1600x2265px
Who exactly is in the wrong here? Is this show garbage?

https://youtu.be/kRPlNoWlTSE
https://youtu.be/bfkHGfOPCI0
https://youtu.be/A 8zom2sijkww
>>
>>15506584
https://youtu.be/8zom2SIjKWw

Messed up last link. Just some thoughts to generate further discussion.
>>
>>15506584
>>15506589

No one seems to be comprehending how good the direction is. They also ignore that Nagisa's arc was well done and believable, as basic as it was.

The third video is complete pseudo intellectualism. He spends half of it calling people who like anime like Iczer immature and uses his own prejudice against certain kind of people and what he thinks they must like to determine his enjoyment of the show. " I imagine that immature kids like this kind of anime, but I am a mature adult so obviously I don't." He also shows an unjustified bias towards "deep" plot-lines and character development over directing, animation and pacing. He also seems to think that modern anime has gotten even better or less tropey, when the tropes have just changed to way more cringey ones. He also does'nt give credit to the fact that while Iczer may seem to be generic or by the numbers - but that is only because of the countless shows that it inspired.

The first reviewer kind of get's it. The second one has no substantive criticism and even thinks that the english dub has something to do with the quality of the show, and the third one is a pseudo intellectual masturbation session.
>>
>>15506584
Yknow I actually like professorotaku but he occasionally misses the mark often, and this being one of them
>>
>>15506316
Because it's mediocre at best.

>>15506649
>all this delusion
Saddening. Also
>the countless shows that it inspired.
Yeah, all none of them.
>>
>>15506649
To be fair, the second review is kind of a product of its time (1999, after all), so them taking the dub into account makes sense. The runtime is also a factor.

I do agree that the third one is blight, though, but at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as shitty or as incorrect as one my see it.
>>
>>15506589
Never really saw the lesbian stuff as exploitative. If it were a heterosexual couple, no one would bat an eye.

>>15506584
First review
Those attempts at comedy though. The stuff around and after the minute mark is okay.

Second Review
Throughout the review he seems to switch back and forth between finding it okay and hating it
> Guys might even like the female character designs, but then again guys are not that pitiful
Are the designs really that bad?
>>
File: 005_Iczelion.jpg (421KB, 1440x1953px)
005_Iczelion.jpg
421KB, 1440x1953px
>>15507493
>Are the designs really that bad?
Nagisa suffers from Minmay face sometimes, but hers is the only one I have issue with. Hirano got better at drawing her as he kept rehashing her, anyway. She looks best in Iczelion.
>>
>>15507493
They're Hirano designs. They're pretty good.
>>
>>15507504
I usually like Hirano's designs, although there are a couple of his girls (basically, Yui and, to a lesser extent, Nagisa) who seem too "blobby". I really like how everyone else looks in their respective OVAs/episode, regardless.

I still think his best work was in Iczelion. It's such a shame he didn't do more character design during the 90s; he seemed to have refiend his style very well back then.
>>
>>15506476
Time for a reboot. As long as they keep the designs and glorious 80s music.
>>
>>15508062
We'll see how the new Megazone turns out. I honestly think that it doesn't need it, though. I'd prefer a remake, but even then, you'd just be retelling the same thing again, so no point.

If there's anything I'd like, is a continuation or reboot of Iczelion, where they tie up the lose ends and the three series as well.
>>
>>15508077
>We'll see how the new Megazone turns out.
Say what?

And inb4 CGI fest
>>
>>15508183
The thread is already dead, but AIC is making a new Megazone series. I also remember reading in MAHQ that they were planning to do a reboot later. I'm not one to be fond of remakes and reboots, but who knows how it might turn out.
>>
>>15507348
Iczer 1 was paramount in the popularization of OVAS with highly sexual content, and proved that adapting shit from Lemon People and other /h/ platforms into regular anime could be successful. Hell save Megazone 23 and Area 88 it was probably the most important OVA for the rise of the OVA boom in the 80s.

https://aaltomies.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/fight-iczer-1-30th-anniversary-celebration/

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
>>
>>15506323
Has there already been a Japanese Blu-Ray release and, if so, does anyone have it?
>>
File: screenshot048[1].png (535KB, 1440x1080px)
screenshot048[1].png
535KB, 1440x1080px
>>15509699
>>15509699
Apparently yes.
https://aaltomies.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/monthly-three-fight-iczer-1-dvd-bd-quality-comparison/

Isn't this guy a fellow /m/an?
>>
>>15508244
>>15509708
Those are nice, and I think this one is good too. http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/iczer_1
>>
>>15509935
The author isn't aware Iczer 1 started as a manga.
>>
>>15510226
You say that because he doesn't talk about the manga at all? But he mentioned it " Unsurprisingly, the original story came from an ero manga, but it was considerably changed by Hirano, presumably toning down the erotic element, to the extent that the anime is probably more 'inspired' by it than a strict adaptation." I think this is because his post is more about the aspects of the animation in Iczer One rather than a review of the series itself but yeah, he should've talked more about the manga but seems that page is about animation itself rather than anime and manga as a whole.
>>
>>15510226
His interest is in animation, and that is what all his writings are about. It's a pretty good site.
>>
>>15506584
I find it funny how the last two say it is something a 14-year old would love, because there was this Spanish review who said he fucking loved it, and he was more or less fourteen. Still, just like the rest, he thought the plot was weak.
>>
>>15512045
14-year olds are probably strong part of the "but the girl cries all the time WTF" commenters.
>>
>>15512045

Regular 14 year old males are better judges of good content than allot of 25 year old weebs.
>>
>>15512045
>Spanish
Not surprised in the slightest. If they had released the movie where I live, it would've been successful, considering the anime most people liked at the time. Then again, the lesbian stuff might've been cut off or censored somehow. And the dubbing would've been horrible, too.
>>
>>15512612
You base this off of?
>>
>>15506436
What else do you have to spoonfeed us about the Lemon magazine Iczer?
>>
File: 006[1].jpg (1MB, 1982x2998px)
006[1].jpg
1MB, 1982x2998px
>>15513394
spoonfeeding link in >>15508244
>>
>>15506516
With those looks, she can't really fail in that, but first and foremost she's an onee-sama. But more Amane-sempai type onee-sama than Shizuma-dono type onee-sama. Half-lover, half-older sister, half-mom sort of yuri prince.
>>
>>15508077
It didn't really need it. A shame too since they're most likely going to take digital over cel for the new show. The fact they have to crowdfund even a promo vid isn't entirely promising, I feel.
>>
>>15512995

25 weebs think Re Zero is a good show and watch Moe anime to ease the pain of them being afraid of adult women, where a regular 14 year old male would think that all of that is shit.
>>
>>15513648
You base this off of?
>>
>>15509708
But does anyone actually have the BR files?

>>15513648
> a regular 14 year old male would think that all of that is shit

Care to back any of this up?
>>
>>15513394
you ca find it on e-hentai. Some pages are missing or duped though.
>>
>>15519915
Original run only has two chapters. These two were adapted into the first episode of the OVA. Third was printed in an artbook. They're all on there, except the remake which has been expunged.
>>
>>15512995
Here are bits of the blog post, translated so you get an idea of this 14 y-o's criteria
>We've all have dreamed withh ouur ideal anime, and in my case my ideal anime is like this: A series full of giant mechs, robots, monsters, gore, with a completely female cast, with lots of yuri and shoujo.ai., and that it's made in the eighties, maybe it can sound very far fetched, but believe it or not, I've found it, and it's called Iczer-1.

>The only bad thing of this anime is that, aside from being fucking short (3 OVAs), el plot is fucking simple and generic, in basically "let's kill the bad gal and live happily", with an ending that, without being especially bad, is rushed and cheesy as hell.

>¿Is it fun sticking thru 300 hours of flashbacks, dialogue, bad jokes and mediocre action so you can understand a generic stupid plot? No, no it isn''t, and don't misunderstand me, I know how to appreciate a good script when I see it, but one thing is an elaborate and deep plot like FLCL and another thing is prolong unnescesarily the plot in an ENDLESS SERIES with empty chapters and characters you don't care about like in the shits at Shonen Jump.

>GRADE: 8'5/10

>Without being perfect, Iczer-1 is a spectacular and entertaining oldschool series, and in turn it is definite proof that a short and simple series can be mucho más fun than a long and
boringly convoluted series, give it a look, you are going to like a lot, [NAME EXPUNGED] recommends it to you.
>>
>>15506584

>>caring about reviews of old anime ovas

Even the shittiest ones usually have cool art and weird robot designs
>>
>>15523196
>FLCL
>elaborate
Sure, I guess he's only 14. Not half bad taste for a spic, anyway.
>>
>>15509708
Fuck fuck fuck I had no idea the OVA got BD remasters. It looks so gorgeous. Hopefully someone rips them eventually, been a while since that review.
>>
File: iczer duster.jpg (160KB, 260x866px)
iczer duster.jpg
160KB, 260x866px
Since there is discussion about Iczer-1's place as an anime milestone and sharing of articles and blogs, here's the sleeve of the Spanish translation of Golden Warrior which discusses it's place in the genre.

>The Hinge of heroic fantasy

>Golden Warrior: “Iczer-one”, is in many ways an atypical work. Atypical because it was first born in anime and, rooted by its success, went to manga. And atypical because it serves as a hinge between classic narratives of “Armor Warriors” and current “Heroic Fantasy” plots.
(Translator's note: I know it started as a manga, as >>15510226 states, but plenty of its "mainstream" recognition overseas comes from the animation, especially given how hard to find the original is.)

(cont.)
>>
>>15524194
>The “Heroic Fantasy” genre has always enjoyed from THAT in Japan: “Saint Seiya”, “Silent Kight”, ”Shulato”, “Bastard!!”, “Record of the Lodoss War”, “The Adventures of Fly”… and a long et cetera come to confirm this thesis.
>But development of this genre in Japan kept a faster pace than in western countries, where the original mold: “Conan the Barbarian”, keeps being unmovable and its sequels limit to faithfully imitate the original model. Variations have risen thanks to Role playing games of Dungeons and Dragons, which are the ones to have revolutionized the genre.
>In Japan, in its beginnings, these kind of stories came to be known under the name of “Armor Warriors”, and the most notable exponent being “Saint Seiya”.It was about families of golden warriors of different powers or abilities, that were facing the evils the story would place upon them.
>All this lies far away from more recent works of the genre, like “Bastard!!”, “Record of the Lodoss War”, or “Berserk” where characters are richer, the plot is better built and filled with more varied and intriguing situations,
>Between both lies “Iczer-One”, work of Hirano Toshihiro, who for its manga adaptation counted with the help of Moriki Yasuhiro, and which served as link between the two well differentiated stages of the genre. In “Iczer-One” elements hitherto classical , and some findings that would allow the change in the genre make their appearance.
>That is how we are upon a classic... a classic with lots of life ahead, as the success of the series is propitiating that new episodes are added.
>Manuel Díez.

Sorry if I sound more fancy-ass than I should but I'm practising my translation skills.
>>
>>15524194
If this was an official translation, I'm genuinely envious of spics when it comes to anime licensing.
>>
>>15524213
No need to be jealous, as there was a North American relase, the Antartic Press version. The Spanish one isn't just based in the original manga but borrows from the Antartic Press version (like having the panels read from left to right). Either book may have been equally not-so-known in their region.

What you saw was just the editor giving some literary criticism. Short and seet unlike academia critics who write essays as long as the book they are discussing, talk so much about how there's erotic/sex symbolism everywhere and keep refering to Emma Bovary as cute little French girl so much that it makes the most pathetic waifufag in /a/ look gallant.
>>
File: 001cover.jpg (2MB, 4952x1527px)
001cover.jpg
2MB, 4952x1527px
>>15525624
Some bold /m/an scanned it aeons ago, I'm sure it's floating around.
>>
>>15523028
Pretty sure the remake is still there, or at least can be found by google even if search from e-hentai fails. Search for "Aran Rei Iczer".

As said though, some pages were missing and other duplicated. I have a reordered copy somewhere (still with missing pages though) and I upped a link a year or so ago. I can find it once I am home from vacation, 2-3 weeks from now.
>>
>>15506649
> The third video is complete pseudo intellectualism. He spends half of it calling people who like anime like Iczer immature and uses his own prejudice against certain kind of people and what he thinks they must like to determine his enjoyment of the show.

> He also seems to think that modern anime has gotten even better or less tropey, when the tropes have just changed to way more cringey ones.

T-That'll teach those Iczer fans and oldfags a lesson they won't soon forget
>>
>>15506649
>>15528246
Youtube videos are blogs evolved, with all the issues still there only stronger.

To paraphrase that saying, everyone has an asshole and these days everyone feels the need and right to goatse it at the world.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.