[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently this is getting a sequel. Somehow. I thought it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: edge-of-tomorrow.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
edge-of-tomorrow.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
So apparently this is getting a sequel. Somehow. I thought it flopped? Not complaining, though.

Also, how many changes is the name going to go through with this one. They should just settle on "All you need is Live, Die, Edge"?
>>
>>15506036
Personally, the film should of released closer to or a little bit after Advance Warfare. Coming out 6 months before hand didn't do it any favors.
>>
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow beyond the novelty of Tom Cruise getting killed over and over. Even if they took a ton of liberties over All You Need is Kill, it was a fairly decent big dumb action movie. The ending was kind of a dumb cop out though.
>>
File: Rita.jpg (189KB, 728x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Rita.jpg
189KB, 728x1090px
>>15506036

>TFW Kawaii Rita Vrataski will never animated
>We got this thing sequel instead
Why even live?
>>
>>15506059
Taking a ton of liberties over otherwise worthless garbage is a good thing though
>>
>>15506063
To see tasteless weeb cuckolds like you suffer
>>
>>15506059
It definitely fell apart at the ending. While I'm not a huge fan of the novels deeply pessimistic ending, the movie's ending felt like it was copy-pasted from any one of dozens of other cheap sci-fi action flicks.

Also, according to:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-07/edge-of-tomorrow-sequel-film-gets-title/.115795
Cruise pitched an idea for the sequel? That's kind of cool, although I have literally no idea where it could go, as the ending felt pretty definite in the movie (as opposed to the novel which strangely had more room for a sequel, and it's not getting one).
>>
>>15506076
Wow just throw out more buzzwords there
>>
>>15506063
I prefer my exoskeleton wearing female soldiers to actually be pretty fuckin built.
>>
File: that one NPC you can't save.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
that one NPC you can't save.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
>>15506059
it a fun movie

i wish Speed Racer also got sequel
>>
>>15506059
Dion Beebe is a god-tier DOP.
The rhythm of the shots really helped sell the movie.
>>
>>15506036
Yukikaze live action never?
>>
>>15506036
Presumably one of the biggest reasons it flopped was not because of the movie itself, but because of what came directly before it.

Oblivion (2013), a post apoc sci-fi movie with Tom Cruise in it.

Elysium (2013), a gritty sci-fi movie with powered armor in it.

Edge of Tomorrow (2014), a gritty post-apoc sci-fi movie with powered armor and Tom Cruise in it.

By the time Edge came out, the public was burned out on the related subjects, so they didn't go see it. A shame, since Edge felt better paced and more fulfilling than Oblivion or Elysium.
>>
>>15506402
haha this guy knows
>>
>>15506112
I'm glad to hear Cruise enjoyed it enough to pitch a sequel. I'm looking forward to more awesome power-armor action.
>>
>>15506063
>>15506396
Different characters for different tones of story.
I like both, plus Emily Blunt can be pretty kawaii when she wants to.
>>
>>15506036
>I thought it flopped?
4chan says every movie flops you fucking retard, it has no reflection on reality
>>
>>15506063
ABe designs > Manga designs
>>
>>15506036
Nah, it didn't flop. It made 370 mil with a budget of 178 mil.
>>
>>15506693
In movie terms if you make double your budget it's considered breaking even
>>
>>15506396
>Blunt
>built

>>15506622
>trash>trash
Sure
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.