[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

Was it good?
>>
Not as good as Gunbusta, but it was ok.
>>
>>15505855
It was okay like Gunbuster
>>
File: 7c120fba16a01a61a7099b36224b9ffe.jpg (481KB, 991x1066px) Image search: [Google]
7c120fba16a01a61a7099b36224b9ffe.jpg
481KB, 991x1066px
>>15505855
Not really, but the girls were cute so it's A-OK
>>
Gunbust3r WHEN??
>>
>>15505855

I liked it

doesn't have the highs Gun did but is overall more evenly paced
>>
>>15505855
fun and colorful so that's pretty gud for me
>>
File: GROOVIN' MAGIC.webm (536KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GROOVIN' MAGIC.webm
536KB, 1280x720px
>>15505855
Yeah, I liked it.
Couldn't compare to the original, but hey, it was good enough.
>>
>all these anons obviously want to waifu-fag over Nono
>can't because some sperg will come in and bitch at them for it
Normally, I wouldn't encourage waifu-fagging, but Nono is honestly the only substantial talking point of Diebuster, so...
>>
File: d0f0d31ee164c549b1c7096a61aa2f50.jpg (824KB, 1751x1272px) Image search: [Google]
d0f0d31ee164c549b1c7096a61aa2f50.jpg
824KB, 1751x1272px
I loved it, and think that it's superior to Gunbuster.
And Nono is bestest girl.
>>
>>15507637
>tfw Monster Hunter ripped off this song
>>
>>15505855

Im a sucker for legacy nods. So Diebuster is good, but mostly at its best where it touches on Gunbuster.

Like when the variable gravity well rises out of the ground. All of the characters are like "wow, what is THAT?"

Meanwhile, you the audience are already going FUCK FUCK KILL IT RUN DO SOMETHING FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Because you know what it is and they dont.
>>
>>15505855
Gunbuster is the best anime of all time.
Diebuster is utter garbage and an insult to everything that is good in this world.
>>
>>15505855

In my opinion, no. This is hard to put into exact words but I feel that Diebuster just didn't have the sense of nuance that Gunbuster had to it where despite the setting having giant robots fighting space monsters at increments of c, it felt somewhat grounded. Die tried to go for too much "cool" shit and it really hurts things.
>>
>>15507833
So basically, you don't like it as much because of your autism and a bunch of bullshit you believe about the original? Sounds about right.
>>
File: you.jpg (14KB, 629x129px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
14KB, 629x129px
>>15507921
>>
>>15507940
Not an argument
>>
>>15507921

You just don't get the nuance which is PUBES. There was sero of this nuance in Diebuster.
>>
>>15505855
>that series made by Anno, Starting Asuka Langley as the Main Protagonist
>>
>>15507921

You're a mite too quick to throw out unbalanced claims, anon. Now, I can admit to being biased in Gunbuster's favor. Hell, I think Episode 6 is the best thing Gainax has done. However, I went into Diebuster trying to view it as fairly as I could but still ended up disappointed.

I can understand that 12000+ years have passed in the timeframe and as such tech levels are going to shoot into near-magic levels but everything about the setting and tech levels just came off as too wacky/anime, ironically. I mean, take Dix-Neuf's design for example. You have a giant robot capable of hucking planets with a Japanese Bancho motif. Now I'm saying the Gunbuster itself wasn't some levels of wacky, but they went through the trouble of justifying it in series by Coach designing it to be over the top when compared to all of the other machines in use. And then there's Nono and everything surrounding her and at some point, someone really should have pumped the brakes and said "we need to re-evaluate."
>>
>>15507994
So you're autistic and don't like robots at all. Got it.
>>
>>15507994

Why are you answering his shitty bait? Let him sperg out by his own.
>>
File: 652754828.jpg (744KB, 1916x2064px) Image search: [Google]
652754828.jpg
744KB, 1916x2064px
I think Gunbuster is overrated and Diebuster is a very inspired show. The atmosphere/world, OST, and plot were very memorable... and the pace worked well, in my opinion. I don't think it's a 10/10, and I don't think it's a significant deal better than Gunbuster at the end of the day.. but I'd rewatch Diebuster twice over before rewatching Gunbuster if I had to.

That said, I'm not a big fan of Gurren Lagann or any of the later anime that some of the people who worked on this show went on to make... this was a lot more palatable to me.
>>
>>15505855
I certainly don't like it. Granted, it's difficult to fill the shoes of something as amazing as Gunbuster, but what bugs me is that it barely even tried to be a sequel in practically any regard. But it's not even the plot, art style, structure, music, or any of that shit that bothers me. It's the design and particularly the way they handled the characters that really grinds my gears.

To start with the design, part of what made Gunbuster work (or not work, depending on who you ask) is the fact that all of its episodes are strongly episodic and self-contained. This is why people feel that the pacing of the OVA is off; because each episode sets up a conflict that it resolves in the same episode, when you watch it all at once, you notice that the episodes don't flow together smoothly. On the other hand, this gave each episode its own way to be unique and emotionally striking. But for what I remember of Diebuster (it has been a long time since I watched it), it was hard to tell if the OVA actually set up a conflict half the time. Nonetheless, the focus on the overarching narrative was stronger, taking away the rougher, more "authentic" feel of Gunbuster.

More importantly, the characters. Gunbuster's greatest strength is that it really, REALLY gets you to feel for Noriko. As mentioned, every episode has a unique conflict, but all six of them are based around some personal struggle that Noriko goes through. She's very human, one of the most relateable anime characters I've ever seen. You get to know her family, friends, hopes, fears, uncertainties, challenges, hobbies and so on and the way she handles them all is quite realistic, lacking the usual anime exaggeration and quirks. But with Nono, you don't get anywhere near as much nuance. You get all the exaggerations and quirks and hardly any humanizing qualities (her being a robot is no excuse). And that's the biggest problem with Diebuster. If I can't connect with Nono, then I don't care about the conflict.
>>
>>15505855
nope
>>
Isn't there a Gunbuster 3 in the works or something?
>>
>>15509433
All we've heard of it is that it's in the "someone's writing something to pitch to the producers" stage, and GAINAX thinks they'll get it funded without a problem.
>>
>>15509433
GAINAX is doing something but it's modern GAINAX. All the people who made Gunbuster and even Diebuster are long gone, working with Trigger, Khara, Bones and other studios.
All the talent left long ago, all they have is a brand name.
>>
>>15505855
Better than Gunbuster. Especially the earring bitch episode in the middle, nothing in the original compares to that kind of storytelling.
>>
>>15505855
It was okay. Applaudable for trying to do its own thing but because of that it didn't feel like it really fit into the Gunbuster universe (even though the time skip is huge).
That's probably the biggest thing weighing it down. The fact that it's a sequel to Gunbuster.
>>
I'm just gonna say that after watching it I had tears on my eyes like a little bitch.
>>
>>15505855
GunBuster is the greatest work of "anime" ever made.

DieBuster is in the top 10 of greatest "anime" ever made and SEVERELY underrated.
>>
>>15505855
It's great.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.