[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the course of two seasons, this guy evolved from a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Orange.jpg (88KB, 1264x705px) Image search: [Google]
Orange.jpg
88KB, 1264x705px
Over the course of two seasons, this guy evolved from a small time minor villain to the best boy at the end of the series.

Despite being a laughing stock of a villain for most of the first season, he had shown tremendous skill in both martial combat and KMF piloting. Good enough to keep up with members of the Rounds with little effort.
Now I'm wondering how Orange will fare against the Knight of One, seeing that he has a way to nullify Bismarck's Geass, basically making the match-up a bit more fair.
>>
>>15503186

He ended up with second best girl.
>>
He's gonna die anon ;_;
>>
Cornelia>Anya>Milly>CC>The rest
>>
>>15503454
I really hope not but it's probably going to end up happening in a really sad way
>>
>>15503454
orange will never die
>>
I watched this series in high school and really enjoyed it. I don't know if that was because I was young and hadn't seen much anime yet.

Is this show actually good in your opinion? especially compared to other Gundam series from this time?
>>
>>15506118
Yes. Yes because 00 and SEED were both garbage.
>>
>>15506118
I wouldn't watch it as a gundum honestly. The best thing about this show is the characters, aside from Oghi, fuck ohgi
>>
File: 1169462554213.gif (19KB, 283x283px)
1169462554213.gif
19KB, 283x283px
>>
>>15503186
Reminder that he won the loli bowl to go work on a farm in peace with her for the rest of his forseeable life
>>
>>15506118
season 1 is very enjoyable, R2 only fun when you watch it with /a/. goddamn 2007-2008 was magical
>>
>>15503454

He'd been fake out killed so many times in the series I'm pretty sure you can't kill him for real now simply because nobody would believe it.

I do fear for some other characters though. Hope they don't get Fafner Exodus'd
>>
File: orange wins.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
orange wins.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>15506118
Code Geass is a show whose flamboyant and pandering qualities are so apparent and in-your-face that it distracts a lot of casual viewers from the actual quality of the writing and the characters, at least in comparison to other anime. You have to be able to stomach crap like the high school slice of life bullshit and the general presentation of the show to be able to fully enjoy the good parts.

Lots of people compare it to SEED, but only because they were both Sunrise mecha shows that aired close together. They really don't have anything particularly special in common.
>>
>By the way, if I'm back here, and you're back here, who's driving this car?
>>
>>15506118
Yes.
It somehow manages to mix serious melodrama with silly craziness.
It's a rare show that's able to make me feel bad for its characters whilst simultaneously laughing at how retarded their situation is. I think the best example of this is Euphemias massacre. It's so silly that I can't help but laugh, but that silliness manages to make it even sadder. Lelouches plans were ruined entirely because of a poorly timed joke.
>>
File: 1466779531740.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466779531740.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>15506118
>Is this show actually good in your opinion? especially compared to other Gundam series from this time?
No. In a way its aged poorly and its best described as a water cooler anime where you'd discuss what crazy event that happened in an episode and then immediately forget about it later. If it was airing nowadays /m/ would slaughter it to death pointing out every inconsistency, how every single character is a walking stereotype and how boring and short the mecha battles are but since it premiered in an era where people were more susceptible to bullshit and far more forgiving of anime than now (and to be fair /m/ acts the exact same way towards 00 and Frontier) that ts seen as a masterpiece of entertainment to this day largely due to nostalgia. I'm not sure if it was because it was riding off the high people got from Death Note or Taniguichi's high octane direction but it clicked with audiences more so than a lot of mecha tend to (it sure as fuck wasn't the writing since its pretty dreadful)
>>
>>15506604
>konosuba
opinion disregarded
>>
>>15506608
Thanks for the (you)'s
>>
>>15506604
Because it was just dumb fun and that's what it was viewed as back then. The mid to late 00s were just a better time for watching anime in that regards.

No one held it's writing up and it's writing was very often ripped to shreds, but it was ripped to shreds while still being liked. No one was holding up the table masturbation scene as high quality writing afterall. We had fun despite how bad it could be.
>>
>>15506604
>If it was airing nowadays /m/ would slaughter it to death
Funny you mention this since Code Geass barely had any discussion on /m/ largely due to the shitposting it brought in every thread and it was pretty obvious that its reception here wasn't nearly as positive as its reception on /a/.
>>
>>15506626
It's reception on /a/ was more ironic in nature.

We had a lot of fun with Code Gayass.
>>
>>15506620
>>15506635
>ironic
A lot of anime people like ironically don't rate as highly as Code Geass did so there was a resonance between its storytelling and the audience that managed to convince people it was more than dumb schlock.
>>
>>15506508

I'd say that somehow is not very well, though I'd agree your example is perhaps the best example of why. Or at least, the only one I recall a decade later, so the best by default. It's like the director was preparing to wrap up the show and then got word they had to make more, so he just changed the crux of the season from an emotional turn to a joke and ran with it. It was the moment that turned me off the show, though I was wavering on watching it with a while. When that happened though I just turned it off and didn't even bother finishing the season.
>>
>>15506836
It probably doesn't help that the writer he assigned for the show can't seem to tell the difference between a comical situation and legitimate melodrama.
>>
>>15506836
Except the staff loved to bully Lelouch, so in a way they did want him to look silly on purpose. This is just the most exaggerated example, but the show is full of smaller scenes where that happens. It's even sort of tongue-in-cheek when you put things into a general perspective.

Aside from that,, the objective truth is they weren't going to wrap up the show there (nor would Euphemia's plan even work out in the long run). Their intended ending was never "SAZ solves everything, everyone is now happy forever" at all.

If anything, Mao's entire existence was meant to be foreshadowing for what ultimately happens. I don't think it's a change of emotions. Rather, it's a contrast relying on the darkly comedic nature of the order, due to the accidental trigger and how Euphemia ends up treating it rather innocently after the fact rather than suddenly becoming Cornelia or Clovis.

Either way, I can see your point but it's a shame because I think the last three episodes of the season after this moment are some of the best episodes in the whole show.
>>
>>15506844
I think you're missing that melodrama is, by any large, not meant to be truly legitimate. Melodrama is, by definition, created to be exaggerated and kind of amusing or even stupid when you think about it. Soap operas rely on melodramatic devices all the time.
>>
>>15506604
There's some hyperbole in your statement that I wouldn't literally agree with in all honesty, but I do think the show is overrated.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.