[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we like Zeta Gundam anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0105.jpg (64KB, 225x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
64KB, 225x341px
Why don't we like Zeta Gundam anymore?
>>
Because it's too good for us.
>>
>>15503159
I actually rewatched it recently and liked it a lot better this time around, so now I kinda regret all the shitposting I've done about it.
>>
Because /m/ need its daily dose of shitposting and Zeta is the series they chose for the sacrifice.
>>
>>15503159
It's good but the problem is the amount of filler robot-of-the-week toy commercial shit is in it. You could take out maybe two dozen episodes and the show would be unaffected (beyond being better for it).
>>
>>15503173
>the problem is the amount of filler robot-of-the-week toy commercial shit is in it
Every mecha show ever.
Can't we appreciate thing for what they are instead of what they aren't?
>>
>>15503191
I appreciate this show for what it is, but the toy commercial shit got more out of hand here than I've seen in other Gundams. There are episodes entirely about a new MS model without even a small progression of plot or character development. Usually, we're still fed a little bit of either of those to keep us interested in the filler junk.
>>
>>15503159
When you love something too much, that love can turn to hatred.
>>
>>15503159
Some dedicated shitposters who think they're saving anime, and stupid autistic children who come to 4chan and believe everything they read to be absolutely true
>>
>>15503193
This does happen in Zeta from time to time, but thinking about it, there really aren't many suits introduced that don't either tie into the plot eventually, or join the Aeug/Titans fleet. I guess yu could say the Psycho Gundam? Maybe Rosamia's suit? What suits are you thinking of in particular?
>>
Millenials generally dont like anything older than 1995.

Thay are fucking retards.
>>
>>15503193
Zeta, being the first sequel to the original MSG, had the job of establishing Gundam as a franchise, not only as an anime series but as a mass market product line. This is a very different job than that of every other Gundam since, whose purpose is simply to be the next entry in the franchise and provide the next batch of model kits to stock up the shelves, so it's no wonder that Zeta spends a little more time shilling it's own shit than the average Gundam.
>>
>>15503159
>Why don't we like Zeta Gundam anymore?

I hate Zeta Gundam because of how retarded and unpleasent all the main characters are. Oh and the stupid stupid idea of having transformable valkyrie style mobile suits. Other than that, the art is good, and some bits of realistic actions scenes are cool. But it is not enough to overcome my sense of repulsion of this slogfest.
>>
>>15503859
>Oh and the stupid stupid idea of having transformable valkyrie style mobile suits.
This pissed me off too, I don't mind them in small doses but most of the time they just looked lame.
>>
File: 1474856086308.png (46KB, 994x783px) Image search: [Google]
1474856086308.png
46KB, 994x783px
We do like it, just the same five shitposters have weaponized autism and can monopolize the board
>>
>>15503159
Same reason why Getter Robo is disliked, people finally realized it's just overrated garbage.
>>
>>15503869
>weaponized autism

My fucking sides
>>
>>15503792
Zeta is pretty shit though
>>
File: LAUGHING GUNDAM FAGOT.png (176KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHING GUNDAM FAGOT.png
176KB, 500x460px
>>15503869
>five shitposters have weaponized autism
>>
>>15503869
God Bless the anon who made that fucking vote. Between the Legi shitters and Getterobo=Spic fags and every gundam is worst gundam retards /m/ on the surface looks like a /v/ tier shithole. Good to know my suspicions were correct and those artists are just relentless and not plentiful. It almost makes me nostalgic for the Clawshrimpy and Ruri days. At least then they had a name and were identifiable stupid.
>>
Zeta being regarded as shit happened around the same time some faggots were trying to hype up Escaflowne, right?
>>
>>15506489
>Getterobo=Spic
sup pablo
>>
>>15503159
because /m/ is shit and refuses to watch old animation, so all they know about it is muh autistic child, kamille is a man's name, and I came here to laugh at you.
>>
File: 1462348856589.png (8KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1462348856589.png
8KB, 377x326px
I'm watching it now for the first time and am having fun. Some of these characters are really fucking frustrating though.
>>
>>15503792
Gatchaman is my favorite anime of of all time and it's over a decade older.

ZETA. GUNDAM. IS. DOG SHIT. YOU. FUCKING. DUMBASS.
>>
>>15503869
You heard it here! Twilight is an objective masterpiece!
>>
>>15503159

Zeta is one of the few all right Gundam but has readily obvious faults.
>>
>>15503191
Then explain why ZZ handled that aspect so much better?
Face it, the fights that occur towards the end of Zeta are unusually monotonous for early UC
Doesn't mean Zeta isn't an awesome show though, because it certainly is
>>
File: latest.jpg (343KB, 1033x1500px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
343KB, 1033x1500px
>>15503159
>you will never pilot the Psycho Gundam
Why even live?
I just got to this episode (16?) last night and it was the hypest shit
>>
>>15507418
>16?

36. You're one confused duder.
>>
Am I the only one that liked ZZ better?
>>
>>15506497
it's almost pavlovian, actually it is pavlovian it was not even a comment about getter robo being good or bad just the shit posting alone
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508-121028.jpg (148KB, 1062x911px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-121028.jpg
148KB, 1062x911px
>>15507436
Apparently I was watching episode 17 and that was it's first appearance
>>
>>15507448
What does Pavlov have to do with anything?
>>
>>15503159
We see ourselves in Kamille and it scares us
>>
File: Loud Gundam laughing.gif (683KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
Loud Gundam laughing.gif
683KB, 500x361px
>>15506482
>>
>>15503159
Well, going off the most recent Gundam, I'd guess it's because people prefer taking 2-3 episodes to misunderstand characterization instead of a handful of poorly worded dialogue to misunderstand characterization
>>
Don't know what you're talking about OP.

Honestly just started Gundam binging, made it to episode 25 of Zeta, I like what I see.

Fuck Katz, btw
>>
>>15509371
I do like the part where Kats became a space excavator, and explored some asteroids.
>>
Was there ever a reason why everyone(-1) in Z thinks Kamille was a girl's name? Or was it simply Japan's confusing western names?
>>
>>15510390
Japan most likely confused Cammy with Kamille.
>>
>>15510425
>>15510390
In most non-France Western countries Camille/Kamille is exclusively a feminine name
>>
>>15503159
The flagrant abuse of Best Girl.
It doesn't even matter who I say is best girl. Worst Girls like Rosamia, Four, and Beltochikora getting forced into the plot is reason enough to hate it.
>>
I'm rewatching it right now, up to episode 22 at the moment and while Zeta has plenty of minor flaws right from the star I think the particular section of the show was handled particularly poorly. Zeta Gundam just shows up out of nowhere after being vaguely mentioned about 10 episodes ago (also somehow Jerid already knew AEUG had a new mobile suit despite not actually having seen it?) and it proceeds to have the most underwhelming battle debut of any Gundam ever. Also at the same time we are introduced to a new fugly ass Titans suit and Recoa also has a new suit of her own. Were model kit sales in such a desperate state that they needed to rush out the new Gundam plus a few other suits ASAP?
>>
>>15510570
>>15510570
So many things wrong with what you fucking said.
>Zeta Gundam just shows up out of nowhere after being vaguely mentioned
Mentioned my ass, Kamille fucking designed the Zeta Gundam. He was there on his fucking little computer working on the damn thing before AEUG pilots and engineers took notice of it and praised it.
>also somehow Jerid already knew AEUG had a new mobile suit despite not actually having seen it?
Soldiers sharing intel? Why that's absurd!
>fugly ass Titans suit
If you're talking about the Hambrabi, Byarlant, or Marasai.....oh boy.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.