[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backlog thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2417[1].jpg (985KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2417[1].jpg
985KB, 2048x1536px
What series have you cleared from your backlog recently, /m/? Were they as good as you hoped, or did you feel let down?

Recently finished pic related. It was pretty damn good. It managed to capture the feeling of coming into a series you find channel surfing in the middle of its run, while still telling a strong, self-contained, and complete story. Daisaku's VA was annoying, but the OST is elder-god tier.
>>
My backlog has been cleared for a long time, I'm just not happy anymore
>>
>>15501957
I suppose that's one advantage of watching a lot of seasonal garbage; I only get through 3-4 backlog series a season, and the ones I do watch look much better in comparison to the currently airing series.
>>
>>15501986
I attempt to watch seasonal garbage, but the ride just never ends and I always feel left out. Last seasonal thing I watched was IBO

>shudders

and all that's left is Ex-Aid and boy does it have identity problems.
>>
>>15501951

>Vifam

A masterpiece space opera/character drama which was unambitious but did literally everything it wanted to perfectly.

> The two Silent Mobius Movies

One was significantly better than two, but I definitely want to read the manga now. Some great action, body horror, and cyber punk cityscapes.

> The two Patlabor Movies
Masterpieces

> Dirty Pair: Project Eden
Masterpiece

>Riding Bean
Those car chases were great and it was really good all in all, though the last fight could have been stronger.

>Gunsmith Cats

This was incredibly fun and exciting. Sonoda is the best westaboo. I'm definitely going to pick up the Manga soon.

>Cyber City Oedo 808

First episode seemed a bit medicore, but the 2nd and 3rd made up for it. Really well done and excellent action scenes audio/visual presentation in general.

>Shamanic Princess

This was just cool.

>G Gundam

It was the incredible hot blooded emotional kung-fu drama that I hoped it would be.

>Wings of Rean

Really good, though once in a while it got just a bit too erratic. Maybe I'll give it a second watch.

>Zambot 3

Ended up being poorly written and directed, but I'm still glad that I watched it anyways.

It's been a good couple of months Anime wise.
>>
I just cleared a few Sentai off my backlog. Going to finish up Dairanger soon and then maybe watch some of my clearance DVDs that I've neglected for years.
>>
>>15501951
>>15502060
Man you guys like to overrate things.
>>
>>15502013
Only toku I've watched seasonally was Ghost, and literally the only good thing about it was that it made Wizard actually quite enjoyable in comparison (I suppose the 'Necrom' the belt says when it henshins was pretty cool too). At this point I've basically sworn off watching toku as anything other than marathons. For anime this season, Kado's actually been pretty interesting, if one can get past the ugly as sin CG.

>>15502060
That's an impressive list. I really do need to get around to finishing G Gundam at some point. The torrent batch I used had a corrupted episode with messed up sound, so I just kind of stopped at that point.

>>15502100
>clearance DVDs
I still have a bunch of dvds I stockpiled shortly after geneon and bandai NA died, but before I knew torrents were a thing. Having a physical backlog can be depressing to look at sometimes, but it also really helps motivate you to finish those series eventually.
>>
I haven't watched anime in a little over a month, I keep on thinking I should probably watch something, but then for whatever reason I just don't.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.