[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megazone 23 XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (129KB, 482x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 482x650px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-18/new-megazone-23-anime-project-plans-crowdfunding-for-promo-video/.114962
The new project's story is set aboard the Megazone 11, a different space colony ship fleet from the Megazone 23 in the 1985 original video anime. Megazone 11's master ships are designed as realistic simulations of Earth cities such as Tokyo, and there is also a satellite ship that is designed to resemble a smaller Japanese provincial city around the year 2020.

The protagonist Sakura is an ordinary second-year middle school student who lives aboard that satellite ship. She leads a secret life as part of a singing duo with Eve, a friend she made online.

On a master ship, a resistance movement flares up. To achieve independence, they must take control of Tiamat, the system that controls the fleet, but the key to the system was lost in battle 80 years ago. With rumors of its reappearance surfacing, both the resistance and the government are seeking the key.

One day, while visiting Akihabara on the Tokyo ship to meet Eve, Sakura is embroiled in the middle of a terrorist attack at the train station. As Eve remotely guides Sakura to safety, Sakura comes across Garland XI, a transforming motorcycle robot mecha that Eve tells her to use.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 650x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 650x447px
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 650x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 650x275px
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 650x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 650x245px
>>
File: beautiful day in america.png (792KB, 515x787px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful day in america.png
792KB, 515x787px
>>15500720
>Akihabara on the Tokyo ship

what's on the America ship?
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 479x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 479x650px
Besides Sakura and Eve, the anime's characters include:

Karukaya: a robot, which Eve gives to Sakura, that can be used to access Tiamat
Nazuna: a first-year college student, the leader of the Miifu music group, and a resistance fighter
Momiji: a second-year high school student and member of Miifu
Marigold: a fifth-grade elementary school student and member of Miifu
BD (pronunced "Brad"): a resistance fighter that tells them of the world's impending ruin
Shawa: another Eve who comes from the year 2850, and who holds another key to the story
King, Rook, Knight, Queen, and Bishop: the codenamed special forces members who are also members of the idol unit Ange Noir
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 650x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 650x619px
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 650x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 650x455px
>>
File: Unfunny Char.jpg (149KB, 492x368px) Image search: [Google]
Unfunny Char.jpg
149KB, 492x368px
>>15500720
>Idol instead of motorcycling wage slave
Yo what the fuck is this even?!
>>
>>15501100
I know. I don't get it. The original Megazone didn't need a continuation.
>>
>>15501199
It concluded in episode 2; episode 3 kinda pushed it.
>>
>>15501254
I tend to feel similar; this latest installment is definitive overkill. You'd think they'd treat a work that was instrumental in creating the OVA boom with a little more respect in terms of the time and place it was created under.
>>
>>15500720
And it will most likely flop like their other attempts. AIC has been dead for almost twenty years now.
>>
>>15501288
>a work that was instrumental in creating the OVA boom
Ha
>>
>>15501343
Elucidate me, then.
>>
>>15501355
He won't. He's a spic.
>>
>>15500720
I like how this is basically crowdfunding a pilot video. Not even crowdfunding a full story. I guess that would come after the pilot gets shot down by studios.

Anyway, this sounds awful. I'll shed no tears if it fails.
>>
>>15501199
>I know. I don't get it. The original Megazone didn't need a continuation.

Magazone 23 was originally a tv that never made it, so it was converted to ova. So making a tv series would come full circle. In any case since it seems that the delta-isation of mecha anime is well underway fuck this shit. No money man, I won't give a fucking cent and hope that this crowdfunding campaign fails.
>>
>>15501523
It did just fine with the OVA. The budget being split into a series as originally planned would only lessen the final work. At any rate I hear the nips say criowfudning is difficult over there.
>>
this never had a chance
>>
>>15501574
Must be why After V still didn't get its 3rd season and movies out yet.
>>
>>15501343
But it was. Dallos was the oldest and the Cream Lemon series cemented it, Megazone was one of the first BIG hits that proved you could edit together five episodes of an aborted TV series, add some extra gore and softcore sex and make a fuckhuge profit.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 211x239px
>>
>>15500720
IT'S PISS.

>>15500811
TRIPLE PISS.
>>
>>15501577
9,385,000円
93%
目標金額は10,000,000円

O rly?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.