[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so fucking hard to just like every gundam series. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: All Gundam Break.png (926KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
All Gundam Break.png
926KB, 800x450px
Why is it so fucking hard to just like every gundam series. I recognize that all of them have their faults; but can't you like them each for their own merits?

I understand that each entry into the series should be held up and scrutinized in terms of its relation to the others, but why is there such a fucking focus on which one is the worst, or which ones suck? Why does liking some shit like SEED mean you have shit taste when you also like every other series?
>>
Seed is good, don't listen to the other idiots.
Here to collect free (you)'s
>>
I used to feel the same way. I hated ZZ, F91, Wing, and Turn A, but I learned to appreciate what they did well even if I didn't enjoy the work as a whole.

G-Reco changed this though. And I know the GRDF will come in any minute to tell me I have an incorrect opinion, or that I'm a fake Gundam fan, or just to call me a retard. Which is part of why I'm not willing to give that show another chance.
>>
I like them all.
>>
I like SEED and SEED Destiny the most, but I'm pretty neutral on all the other Gundam shows.
>>
File: 1489798198622.jpg (186KB, 801x837px) Image search: [Google]
1489798198622.jpg
186KB, 801x837px
Gore Vidal once said, "it is not enough to succeed; others must fail."

A lot of people have this insane need to validate themselves or something by belittling their contemporaries. It's all mostly bias and not being able to separate the ideas that something they didn't enjoy is not always objectively bad.
>>
File: tubbs.jpg (63KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
tubbs.jpg
63KB, 500x380px
>>15498029
>I understand that each entry into the series should be held up and scrutinized in terms of its relation to the others
I think that's a false assumption mostly because the tone of the narrative of each show can be wildly different when comparing something like G Gundam to 0080. Not to mention that half the shows take place along different continuities and are largely unrelated to each other. Comparing the shows the primary basis that they are parts of the same franchise does a huge disservice to both of them.

>why is there such a fucking focus on which one is the worst, or which ones suck?
Autism. if you are talking about /m/ specifically or the greater 4chan, then also because we think everything sucks and we're being trolls to fish for (You)s. It's a big part of our self-validation and not necessarily looking for intellectual discussion.

>Why does liking some shit like SEED mean you have shit taste when you also like every other series?
Liking every series in the franchise means that you have a very low bar for the things you enjoy. This insinuates that you aren't discerning enough to think critically about what you are watching. This gives other people the idea that you are easily amused and lack intellect therefore you have "shit taste."

Or maybe I'd just call you a faggot for liking something I don't like. It's all the same.
>>
Because some of them are just plain shit and feel almost offensive to watch when you see what the producers and directors and all them are trying to pass off as entertainment. Sure, some can be debated back and forth, and have their own merits and flaws, but at the end of the day something like 08th MS Team is just plain better than SEED. When talking about IBO or 00 or AW or a bunch of the kind of middle-quality ones, yeah, there's some real room for discussion, but when you're discussing things in a relative manner, something gonna get called shit, and that's not just Gundam, that's everything.
>>
>>15498029
salty rectard detected
>>
>>15498029
Like SEED doesn't mean you have shit taste. Like SEED Destiny means you have shit taste, SEED was just mediocre, just below Wing Tier
>>
Because I'm allowed to not like something.
>>
>>15499057
Not liking something is fine. Making a thread or posting about how something you didn't enjoy was "the worst" and that nobody should like it is the cancer OP is talking about.
>>
>>15498029
Gundam, as a franchise, I would consider to be one of the greats, and is in fact my favorite Television franchise. Not every show is able to reach the heights of 0079 or Zeta, but most of them are at worst mediocre, and more often just good shows
>>
>>15498053
Is this a bait post? Because it seems like it was designed to do so. But I'll take the bait, anyways. Yes, you do seem retarded for 2 reasons:
1.) Letting your opinion of something be dictated by your opinion of its fans
and
2.) Not knowing that the person who pushing that stupid fake fan meme is a CEfag who was trying to force it to shit on IBO after it finished airing

Looks like you've got a lot more paying attention to do there, Retard-kun :^)
>>
>>15498029
It's because the only good series were made by Tomino. 0080 is kind of an exception, because it wasn't bad.
>>
>>15499549
Case in point. Absolutely insufferable. I tend to agree with what's been said in other threads about the G-Reco fanbase here on /m/ being unique in its awfulness.
>>
>>15499564
What are you doing on 4chan if you have such thin skin? My post above is mostly one part criticism, one part informative and one part tongue in cheek.
>>
File: Z_plus_c1_type.jpg (323KB, 985x681px) Image search: [Google]
Z_plus_c1_type.jpg
323KB, 985x681px
>>15498029
>Why is it so fucking hard to just like every gundam series.
Because having preferences is a thing? Look someone who loved the grit associated with UC is not likely to enjoy the relatively sillier tone and more absurd premise of G Gundam, and that's perfectly fine. Gundam itself is a large franchise that can always provide something new to any fan who examines it. Experiencing everything is a tall order when it comes to Gundam, there are games, manga, model kits, and other several media associated with it without even mentioning the anime. Admiring everything inflates our standards to the point where it means nothing. Of course, you seem to be mildly aware of this. as for the focus on finding consensus in which is the worst I'd say it is a /m/ problem as much as it is a 4chan problem. The passion people have towards gundam here often places the main line series on a high pedestal that every other series must be compared to.
>can't you like them each for their own merits?
>Why does liking some shit like SEED mean you have shit taste when you also like every other series?
Speaking as someone whose entry to Gundam was SEED. CE entries get people mad because there truly are very few merits you can associate with it, and whatever merits was more than likely done better in another series. for example seed is often praised for its mechanical design, which actually is quite good outside of the main character's mobile suits, which are uninspired rehashes of past ideas.
The Strike is the RX-78 and Freedom is basically Nu (the comparison becomes more uncanny with the Strike Freedom). The Aegis is inspired by one of the Zeta plus designs and the red is a clear reference to Char and it persists through all of Athrun's MS's. This rehashing of ideas is not something we're unfamiliar with but come on, the only thing brought to the table here is phase shift armor, which also quickly becomes forgotten in CE.
>>
>>15499590
It's just getting tedious by this point. Since G-Reco stopped airing, it's just the same shit over and over again. I didn't like the show. I'm hesitant to watch it again because I'd have to discuss it with its fanbase, who somehow still manage to be worse than its hatedom. That's it. There's no need to go off the rails and drop a hard R on me.
>>
>>15499590
>replying to tripfags
ayy
>>
>>15499692
/m/ is 80% tripfags by this point
>>
>>15499610
>Experiencing everything is a tall order when it comes to Gundam
Found the fake Gundam fan!
>>
Cause not all of them are good, even if just subjectively speaking. When you got a near-40 year old franchise it will have done a lot of different things, some of which you might not like. Certainly a better option than just thinking "it's called Gundam so it HAS to be good", you know, being a mindless fanboy
>>
File: 1480287201749.png (1MB, 1200x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1480287201749.png
1MB, 1200x1334px
>>15498029
I've enjoyed every gundam installment I've watched except for IBO. I can watch flawed shows and still see redeeming qualities in them and I tried my hardest to enjoy IBO and briefly did, but at the end of the day I cant really say I liked it. It was just disappointment after another. They introduce a new plot point that seems like it could go somewhere but it never does. I guess it's partially my fault for still having hopes of the show redeeming itself after it has let me down for a dozen times already. That being said I think there are good sides to it. It's just that the bad outweight the good by a large margin.

Vidar basically embodies the whole show for me. Such a cool suit that was hyped up for so goddamn long, but ended up doing jack all, seeing less than 10 minutes of screen time during the whole season. What a waste.
>>
File: 1472043299706-0-v.gif (506KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1472043299706-0-v.gif
506KB, 500x375px
You don't understand. /m/ must be protected from the fake gundam fan hordes in order to protect its beauty. No fake gundam fan will come in espousing his terrible opinions on GUNDAM here under my watch. I will attack with ad hominems, non-arguments, and smug dismissal in order to set this as an ideal example for future generations on how to behave on /m/. Fake gundam fans cannot be discussed with, they cannot be reasoned with, but they must be dealt with. If the board quality of /m/ drops in the process of keeping them out, so be it. It doesn't matter what I think, the shitposting to force them out is for the greater good.
>>
>>15499812

>board quality drops

It's been at a constant nadir ever since either Valvrave aired or we had G-Reco and Try airing at the same time. Depends on your view.
>>
>>15498029
>>15498029
>>15498029

This is a slow board. Agreement and concensus will kill it, guaranteed.

Nobody earns (You)s by repeating generally accepted views. Conflict and contrary opinions lead to shitposting and shitposting leads to your autistic ass wasting your life spamming refresh on threads for hours.
>>
>>15498029
liking everything doesn't mean you have shit taste
It means you have NO taste
>>
>>15498029
why the fuck would you force yourself to like everything, what kind of autistic sentiment is that
>>
I was entertained by everything except AGE.
The Cosmic Era series pissed me off but they weren't boring.
>>
>>15498029
>Why is it so fucking hard to just like every gundam series

Because if something is shit I won't like it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.