[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Novel/Translation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: GAIA GIA-1-0001.jpg (278KB, 1600x1069px) Image search: [Google]
GAIA GIA-1-0001.jpg
278KB, 1600x1069px
I know that anons have better things to do with their time, but can we talk about good /m/ novels?

Also, Gaia Gear Novel translations when?
>>
>>15496340

The entire Gaia Gear audio drama is English subbed on youtube, what else do you want?
>>
>>15496364
I'd like the novels to be translated as I just like reading rather than just listening.
>>
>>15496565
learn jap instead of begging
>>
>>15496571
I don't have the time to learn moon runes or moon speak.
>>
>>15496645
and yet you feel entitled to someone's hard work, fucking millenials
>>
>>15496652
Not really. I would like Gaia Gear translations, although I can live without them. The main reason is that I want to write a /m/ novel, that was why I set up this thread to talk about novels which have /m/ material so that anyone like me who wants to read or learn to write /m/ novels have a guide of how to do so.
>>
>>15496663
Speaking of, I would recommend the original Gundam Trilogy. It was an interesting story and it was interesting to see how Tomino would have written Gundam if he wasn't interrupted.
>>
>>15496676
yeah it's pretty dry but I found it interesting, especially how in-depth they get about how newtype awareness works
like Dune movies vs Dune books for how spice awareness works
>>
>>15496693
>yeah it's pretty dry but I found it interesting, especially how in-depth they get about how newtype awareness works

Yeah, perhaps it was due to time but the whole newtype stuff in the original anime seemed to come out of nowhere, even when I knew it was coming. The novels gave it a lot more time and depth.

I do think though that was because of the series' original story being interrupted rather then anything else.

However, I would say it seems that Tomino works a lot better when he is writing something which has visuals. After the original series he really managed to explain the Newtype stuff so I'd say the whole cancellation stuff probably forced his hand.
>>
>>15496730
in the TV it comes out of nowhere, in the movies they build to it better

but I meant the difference between the anime's "and then they trip balls at each other" vs London Bridge
>>
>>15496745
Oh, yeah the way it was explained and treated in the novels was obviously so much better. I like the whole communication stuff better than the freaky light show. It is much more emotional and leaves much more of an impact
>>
File: 1493001206109.jpg (1MB, 4727x4710px) Image search: [Google]
1493001206109.jpg
1MB, 4727x4710px
>>15496364
>The entire Gaia Gear audio drama is English subbed on youtube

Aren't there 3 episode left out of 26 that need subtitles?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.