[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/ Survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 20

File: portraits.png (88KB, 452x338px) Image search: [Google]
portraits.png
88KB, 452x338px
What nationality is /m/?

How popular are mecha in your country?

How did you first get involved in mecha?

What is your favorite mecha franchise?
>>
mexico
very popular
i watch mazinger on television
gundam ibo
>>
>>15494849
I am literally the only kiwi who likes mecha
>>
>>15494852
>i watch mazinger on television
Is it re-airing? Which channel?
>>
>>15494855
I'm not mexican are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>15494858

Ok then...
>>
>>15494858
Well, you fooled me, Mazinger is still fondly remembered here. Alongside, oddly enough, Gundam Wing.
>>
French
Not that popular but everyone know Grendizer and love CG
I've first played SRW OG 1 and 2 on GBA
Gundam
>>
>>15494849
>What nationality is /m/?

American

>How popular are mecha in your country?

Star Wars, Transformers, Terminator, and Iron Man are extremely popular here, so /m/ shit isn't that unusual to Americans, but normies don't like anime and will never pick an Armored Core game over the latest cawadoody, so they don't like the same stuff /m/ likes.

>How did you first get involved in mecha?

I loved transformers as a kid, The Iron Giant was one of my favorite movies, and my older brother used to build gunpla, which I thought looked awesome, so back in 2012 when I started watching lots of anime I vaguely remembered scenes from Gundam shows that were on TV in the early 2000s, started watching Gundam, and fell in love with mecha.

Patlabor.
>>
>>15494871
In my experience there are three decades of anime that Mexico cares about the most: 70s, 90s, 00s.
>>
Finland

Besides transformers it's pretty uncommon, in a rough estimate only ~30% of weebs here watch mecha, and weebs arent that common either.

I first got into Mecha when i was watching Transformers Armada on TV. After that i started looking up giant robots online and that got me here.

My favorite franchises are Evangelion (mostly because of the designs and overall aesthetic) and Patlabour.
>>
>>15494849
Cuban-American

We all know how mecha is in the USA. In Cuba it's there but I don't think they are as big into it as Mexico, largely because poorer economy and not the same level of exposure. They do like anime though, and they refer to everything as manga even if it's animated. In my experience Cuba are more the basic weebs and stick to trashy stuff, Ghibli, and shounen shit.

My dad watched Speed Racer as a kid and didn't know it was Japanese until I informed him.

I technically always loved it since I was a kid, with Megas being my favorite western cartoon and The Iron Giant being my favorite animated film. But I didn't consider myself "into mecha", I followed the misconception that all mecha shows were Gundam and I had many misconceptions of Gundam. It wasn't until a year ago my friend who is super into mecha convinced me to give mecha a shot when I asked him if any mecha show would get me into mecha and he said Getter. He hit the nail on the head and watching Armageddon got me hooked on mecha.

>What is your favorite mecha franchise?
Getter
>>
File: e9b5f997-s.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
e9b5f997-s.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
>>15494849
USA
Not really popular.
Megas XLR
Kamen Rider
>>
American

Several people have already said

Evangelion

Getter Robo
>>
'Murican

There's obviously are/were a few popular mecha things but that's where it ends for most people.

I watched Beast Wars as a little kid and watched Gundam Wing when it aired on Toonami but I wouldn't exactly count either of those. It watching Mobile Suit Gundam in 2009 that gave me an active interest in mecha anime.

Braves
>>
I live in the Netherlands
Not at all, anime isn't very popular and sci-fi, especially mecha, even less so.
Through watching other anime
Don't have favourite one per se, I just really loved Victory, 0079 and Turn A, but also Vifam and LoGH
>>
>>15494849
Netherlands.

Anime is virtually unknown in the mainstream. I think we had DBZ back in the mid 90s for a while on TV but that's it. Mecha? Ha nobody knows what Gundam is man unless you're into anime.

People here watch the latest American shows literally the minute they are out but anime is kill. Doesn't help nobody even bothers to license it.
>>
>>15494849
USA
HAHAHAHAHA not at all!
Evangelion
Aquarion
>>
Flip

You already know about our thing with Voltes. Also everyone and their mother here's some degree of weeb, so there's at the very least some exposure to mecha.

Voltes and Daimos when I was really young.

Don't really have a particular favorite.
>>
>>15494849
Australian
Virtually non-existent
Armored Fleet Dairugger XV as a kid
Gendem
>>
>>15494849
>ameriburger, NY specifically
>not very
>ebingelion, though I didn't enjoy it until a recent rewatch because I was an autistic contrarian who didn't pay attention and thus thought mecha was gay for over a decade
>gundam
>>
Canada

Eh I dunno I assume not really

Watched Beasties and Gundam Wing on YTV

No real favourites, pretty much just watch everything
>>
Czech
Unpopular
Through an abridged series of something which mentioned Gundams a lot
*cough cough* Gundam, but from Zeon's side
>>
What nationality is /m/?
Thailand

Doraemon and Gundams are top list mecha here .
Toku stuff like Masked Rider and Sentai are all over the place too .

Mazinga Z on vhs when I was a kid . And some sentai like Jetman .

SRW
>>
Singaporean

Gundam is recognised by most, and the majority of young people here watch anime, so a large proportion know at least Gundam Seed. Transformers is well-known too.

Watched several Gundam series on their YouTube channel 2014

Gundam
>>
>>15494849
Amurocan xd

Already said

My dad was into Transformers but I always thought that they were stupid considering they were robots that were sentient and could tell, but actually got into /m/ from GL

VOTOMS
>>
Tunisia

I've never met anyone here who knows what mecha is.

Terminator and the first armored core game

Gundam (UC) and Getter
>>
>>15494849
Argentine.
Not much. People don't know much outside Mazinger, Robotech (yes, we suffered it too) and Evangelion.
I'm a tokufag and after browsing this board for a couple of months, I gave mecha a chance.
Gundam, although I haven't watched much.
>>
Philippines.

Hugely popular during 1970s-1980s. Very few hits during the 1990s.

Super robot shows in the 1970s.

Nagahama Roman Robo Series.
>>
Brazil

It depends. It's more popular outside the anime community here. But people in Brazil remember fondly of old Metal Hero and Sentai shows. And there a few people which remember watching Gundam Wing, which was the only entry in the whole franchise to be broadcasted here. Older people tend to remember the original Macross series as well.

Probably when I watched Power Rangers as a kid or played Armored Warriors.

Gundam
>>
>>15494849
Viet-American

Don't even know since I don't live there. Doraemon was popular enough to have translated manga so I guess that

Robocop

Mega Man X & Legends
>>

German

Aside of the usual "I don't like mecha, but"-series really unpopular.

Watched Evangelion, but thought it was a special case. Accidently started Macross Frontier, not knowing it had these mechs I hate. I actually really liked it and kept watching. Now I completed all of Gundam and gonna start to watch other 80s mecha.

Evangelion, Macross, Gundam
>>
>>15494849
Israel

Non-existent

Probably Eva about a decade ago, though I was already a big Transformers and Power Rangers fan at that point.

Franchise? Probably Gundam, but my favorite show is Neo Ranga.
>>
American

Dismissed as childish and unrealistic. Every mecha is a Transformer or a Megazord

Big O back when it originally aired.

Big O is still my favorite mecha series period, but my favorite franchise is Gundam
>>
>>15494849
Mauritian.
Not at all. Grendizer was famous once.
Some sentai show on tv as a kid. It was probably Bioman but I don't know. It's been so long. More recently as in last decade, I got bored of shounenshit and I decided to watch Koutetsushin Jeeg and Macross Frontier. Enjoyed Jeeg, fucking hated Frontier.
Getter Robo and Mazinger. For Gundam, I'm indifferent to most of it except the original and G. I also enjoy Cyborg 009 and Tetsujin a lot.
>>
>>15495357
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
File: 1454870939298.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454870939298.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
>>15495034
>finland
>armada
>looking at robots online
We are practically twins.

But my favorite franchise has gotta be UC gundam. I'm a big sucker for strong worldbuilding and the UC timeline just nails that shit for me. The sheer amount of little background details and available flavor text does good things to my autism. Macross is a very close second and on select days I feel like it might actually be the first.
>>
USA

a dozen anons have already given you the low down, but the situation here is bad. If you're lucky somebody will say they enjoyed NGE or TTGL, but most of the time it's the typical excuses like "mecha isn't realistic" and such.

I was really into Bionicles as a kid.

Getter Robo or Patlabor, they're pretty interchangable for my favorite /m/ franchise.
>>
>>15494849
-French
-no idea
-was watching Goldorak/Grendizer when on tv 25 years ago or so
-FMP
>>
>>15494849
USA
Downright hated
Robotech
Getter Robo
>>
>>15495034
>in a rough estimate only ~30% of weebs here watch mecha
That sounds overly optimistic if you ask me. That'd mean only 70% watch casual haremshit or some shit like that. Or Gin.

Also I got into mecha through the G1 Transformers comic myself
>>
>>15494849
American

Somewhat? It kind of varies, and it's mostly Transformers outside of anime circles. So no, not really popular at all.

Watching beast wars with my Dad, though what really cemented it was G Gundam on toonami when I was really young. (I think I was like 8 or 9 somewhere in there when I saw G)

I guess Gundam by volume, but my favorite for Franchise but my favorite series is VOTOMs I guess. (I probably have shit taste)
>>
>>15494849

USA

Same replies

G Gundam + SEED on Toonami, VanDread on STARZ?

Patlabor, probably the most consistent in quality
>>
>>15494849
BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPS
Not at all, it seems.
I saw Gunbuster on VHS that a friend had lent me as a kid. The subtitles were whack but I was horny and young.
TTGL
>>
File: 1445573626442.jpg (21KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445573626442.jpg
21KB, 258x322px
>>15494858
Excuse me?
>>
File: 1295946134472.png (18KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1295946134472.png
18KB, 417x500px
Hated robots and anything mechanical as a kid, I thought they were lamest shit. Then bonkles and dijimon warmed me up to the concepts and tropes. After reading Getter Robo Saga and loving the fuck out of it I was on board.

Five Star Stories is the bestest. Nagano is a genius and I wish to become his personal cock sleeve.

Gundam fucking sucks.

>>15496105
>That sounds overly optimistic if you ask me.
Very. There's probably only like fifty people in the entire country who are into robits. Even less with kaiju.

>G1 Transformers comic
I have one issue of that. Starscream becomes huge in it.
>>
>>15494849
1. Swedish

2. Not even once. Unless you count a few weirdly obscure Swedish-dubbed OVAs. Including, of all fucking things, God Bless Dancougar.

3. Gurren Lagann, just three years ago in my early twenties. Because babby's first robutt somehow lit a fire in my heart for mecha that would not go out. Oh, and Super Robot Wars gameplay videos that got randomly suggested to me by Youtube. Before that the only exposure I had to mecha was Transformers: Legend of Micron and Evangelion as a kid. I didn't feel anything for mecha back then.

4. I've got a lot of equally liked and enjoyed
series, but to pick a few I'd say the Brave franchise and most of the animated Getter Robo stuff.
>>
>>15496159
>I have one issue of that. Starscream becomes huge in it.
Funny thing, I was missing that exact issue for years but I had a bunch preceding it so I spent most of my childhood wondering how that story ended.

I'm actually playing with the idea of tracking down the entire Finnish run of the comic and making some kind of a blog about it but the 1990 and 1991 issues show up like once every red moon.
>>
>>15496173
I found it randomly in a used book shop. I'm sure they're out there.
>>
>>15496190
That's where I got most of mine. I think I got like two issues when they actually came out. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go to a used book store in years. I'd love to get my hands on the '89 issues of the Finnish Batman comic too since they published TDKR and Year One then.

>>15496159
>Even less with kaiju.
There's at least a few tapes and DVDs of Godzilla released here.

Imagine being into Showa Rider though. I wonder if I'm actually the only person in the entire country who buys the Figuarts, especially the exclusive ones.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.png (33KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.png
33KB, 300x250px
Burger here. Sorry we're so messed up.
>>
File: v3 freaking the fuck out.jpg (35KB, 349x445px) Image search: [Google]
v3 freaking the fuck out.jpg
35KB, 349x445px
>>15496198
>There's at least a few tapes and DVDs of Godzilla released here
They're always only the original film and the Heisei series though. You'd think there'd be at least a couple Millenium films, but no.

>Figuarts
Bitch please, I'm saving up for the Enterbay 1/4 Rider #1.
>>
Poland

Rather unpopular even among anime audience with the exception of Eva

Got hooked by Wing on cable TV

Fafner
>>
File: ac2-13.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ac2-13.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>15494849
Burgerland

Not as much as it used to be, back when All the kids watched Gundam Wing.

Techno Zoids

Armored Core
>>
>>15494849
American,Brooklyn NY

Mecha's popularity varies depending on what Gundam is airing.

Gundam Wing on Toonami(Didn't understand it until I was older and I wound up liking it)

Gundam,my favorite series was G .
>>
>>15496221
>They're always only the original film and the Heisei series though.
And the most goddamn random selection of them too. The VHS series from the late 90's had the '54 movie, the 60's King Ghidorah, 70's Mechagodzilla, 90's Mechagodzilla and Space Godzilla - and then the DVD box set had an almost completely different and equally random choice of movies.
>>
>>15496350
Huh? I thought both releases were just the entirety of the Heisei series plus the '54 film. That's the way they do it for the tv broadcasts as well.
>>
>>15494849
Portugal
Not even slightly, aside from a few of my friends I never see mecha even mentioned, we actually have a decent sized anime fandom but nobody is into mecha.
I guess TTGL was the first one I watched.
Gundam, Turn A dicksucker for life
>>
File: 1493546356595.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493546356595.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>15494849
Pajeetian
Limited to mainstream stuff like transformers.
Gradual build up till 2013, when I finally took the plunge in the genre. As far as I remember, my first /m/ was The centurions: power extreme.
None but have a interest in gundam, battletech and Ryosuke Takahashi stuff.
>>
>>15494849
Same as at least a quarter of the thread.

Eh.

Transformers has always been around, but more relevant was G Gundam on Toonami.

Fafner.
>>
>>15494849
USA
So-so
Robot Jox and Gungriffon on Sega Saturn
Patlabor, Votoms, Gundam
>>
File: _DSC0405.jpg (45KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0405.jpg
45KB, 799x531px
>>15494849

Asian-Australian

people know of it.. given the amount of Asians in Sydney but will never openly talk about it
GunPla is kinda alive in Sydney

Tekkaman Blade on TV and Virtual On in the Arcades back in 1995

Armored Core/Gundam (I mix the two with my Gunpla sometimes)
>>
>>15494849
>Nationality
Honduran

Nobody cares if is not TTGL, Evangelion or Code Geas.

Recently like last year wanting to try something new so i looked for a series that looked interesting, starting with GaoGaiGar and moving on from there.

Tie between Mazinger Z, Getter Robo and GaoGaiGar.
>>
Flipland

Not much, below shonen

Voltes, daimos, Bioman, Shaider

As a whole? Macross. Single series, G Gundam
>>
>>15494849
Hung Aryan.

Not in the slightest unless it's Murican and recent, even then it's just marginal. Mostly Transformers, especially the live action movies. There's no toku or anime here apart from a couple non-mecha kids' shows and DBZ. Even back when we got a few anime releases, mecha was mostly ignored, so all of the giant robot franchises are very obscure. There's tons of weebs but I don't think even they care about /m/ related stuff, and toku in particular seems to attract a lot of hate. I sometimes see people mentioning Code Geass though, so I guess that's kinda popular in some circles?

Had a bunch of bootleg TF toys and other robotic playthings as a kid and watched some Power Rangers. Later Bionicle also caught my attention and I looked deeper into the TF franchise. Sometimes I wish I haven't.

The latter two.
>>
File: 1421863431239.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1421863431239.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
French

Not very, Grendizer is a classic I guess, but outside of shit like Code Geass, Eva or FMP, it's not that popular.

Well Grendizer was my first exposure of the genre, but I only really got into it when I watched SEED and played SRW K (which helped me pick something to watch).

And then my favourite franchise would be Fafner, can't wait for The Beyond.
>>
>>15494849
French

not very

decided to fuck around in livestream

Dominion tank police
>>
>>15494849
Italy
Popular in the 70's/80's now newfags know only the latest Gundam series
My parents had some VHS of the Toei /m/ crossovers when I was a kid
Don't really have one
>>
>>15494849
Romanian.
Not at all.
Gunbuster.
Getter Robo.
>>
>>15494849
British

Not at all, there was a brief spike of merchandise around when Wing was airing, but otherwise it's a wasteland.

I suppose I've been watching it all my life technically.. Some of my earliest memories are watching Gerry Anderson shows on the television, but I honestly wasn't too fond of Power Rangers and Transformers and such though I loved the toys. However what really set me off was when I was nine or so (and reading Sven Hassel novels sneaked under my parent's noses), I caught a promo for Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network and freaked out completely. I was heavily into military stuff and the idea of a sci-fi cartoon about soldiers where people were actually killed just blew my mind.

From there I suffered a bit because we didn't have satellite and I could only watch it at other people's houses, although I did try to tape a few episodes of Wing. Following anime died down for me after a while during my teens as I was at boarding school and then stuck in the middle of nowhere at military bases with my family with poor internet and nowhere to buy stuff, so it wasn't until someone at boarding school brought in DVDs of Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig that I got back into it (I had seen the first GITS film when I was 10 and was amazed that there was more). From then on, I got back into anime and began to watch a bit of everything to see what I missed. Then I fulfilled a childhood dream and marathoned Gundam Wing. Then I watched Patlabor and AT VOTOMS. And then I've been hooked on robot shows ever since for seven years now.

My favourite franchise is probably Patlabor.
>>
USA
everyone thinks mechs are cool but nobody watches mecha anime
I mean I guess I watched various /m/ stuff as a kid but im mainly here because this is one of the very last good boards and /a/ doesn't feel pleasant to browse anymore
That said I've been visiting here since 2013, so it's been a minute and I've watched alot, it's hard to name a favorite. VOTOMS I guess, or Star Wars of course
>>
>>15495092
>and sci-fi,
>even less so
Wtf? Do Netherlands hate the Fantasy genre too? Or is it just some weird thing
>>
File: 1492166288179.jpg (858KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492166288179.jpg
858KB, 1440x1080px
>>15494849
Pic related

Quite, mainly with Mazinger, Macross and Gundam Wing, and transformers boosted mecha awareness here, which made a lot of people love Pacific Rim.

I have foggy memories of watching Zoids on TV and remember loving the concept,but it was until 2007/8 that I was building bionicles that I wanted to watch a cartoon about robots, which somehow led me to Macross Frontier (the vf-25 caught my attention) and here I am.
There was also this curious little toy robot that I found on the street at the age of 6, and later found out that it was a Gundam Deathscythe with Heavyarms knife attached to it.

Fafner.

>>15494855
Late answer but "Imagen Television" Saturday mornings.
>>
Canadian

Not at all popular from what I can tell

First mecha type stuff was rather Robotech or Astroboy. I don't remember which, it was late 80's early 90's.

Favourite is Mazinger Z or Shin Getter Robo
>>
British.

Depends. We've had a few bizarre dubs in the 80s (X Bomber, the Macron One that was more of a straight Goshogun dub) but outside of that nothing. /m/shit is usually for a few specialist hobby shops.

Watching obscure dubs of stuff on satellite movie channels. A whole bunch of stuff I've managed to track down eventually like New Gigantor and one of the Time Bokan shows. Also when Manga Video started releasing stuff I was big into Guyver.

Brave. Or Evangelion.
>>
>>15494849
- Mexican.

- It's dead; I don't think there's even as many Mazinger fags around as we like to meme. If anything, I think Evangelion has more recognition than anything else, the usual "I don't like mecha, but:.." kind of thing. Maybe if they had licensed more Gundam, Braves stuff, or classic stuff like Iczer an Dangaioh, things would be different, but even then, I'm not sure, considering how swift the change in attitude became last decade.

- I first watched Gundam Wing when it aired here. At least it's the one I first properly remember when it comes to anime. Before that, I had seen The Iron Giant.

- Favorite franchise is tied between Bubblegum Crisis, Iczer, Gundam and VOTOMS.
>>
File: 1094647864945.jpg (138KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1094647864945.jpg
138KB, 600x1024px
>>15494849
Brazil

Not as much as it used to be. It was big in the 80's with toku (mostly Changeman, Flashman and Juspion) and it was the only country I know where Robotech AND Macross aired at the same time. Old people still remember Yamato/Star Blazers, Groizer X and Voltron. Cult people like to remember the time Patlabor aired (between a whole bunch of kiddy stuff on Fox Kids) or we had Zeorymer and Detonator Orgun VHS on rental stores, but most people will only remember Power Rangers or Gundam Wing.

Juspion. Fuck yeah.

Patlabor, Votoms a close second.
>>
>>15500090
The Netherlands watches whatever is cool and hip in Burgerland. We're all extremely America focused I'm afraid. Always have been.

Since everyone can either speak English fluently or at least read subs plus the availability of Netflix/Amazon/HBO/kodi makes us a bunch of San Francisco wannabe hipsters. Yes I've already watched the first episode of Handmaiden.
>>
> What nationality is /m/?
Russian.
> How popular are mecha in your country?
Not popular.
> How did you first get involved in mecha?
When I was a kid, I loved Power Rangers and Super Robot Monkey Team, especially "giant robot beating the crap out of the giant monster" part of them. Also Robocop and Terminator films, but every kid loved them back then in Russia.
> What is your favorite mecha franchise?
Hard to say, I like every franchise for different things.
>>
>>15494849
What nationality is /m/?
America
Transformers, Voltron and Robotech
Big O on Toonami when I was a kid
VOTOMS
>>
What nationality is /m/?
>Brazil
>Not popular now, but was in the 80s/90s with Metal Heros and Toku
>From Juspion @ TV
>Gundam
>>
>Brazil
>its not, but tokusatsu was very famous at the 80-90's
>I am a late bloomer, the first was Gundam Wing and I hated it
>Getter Robo
>>
>>15494849
>Nationality
Polish
>How popular are mecha in your country
Not popular at all, some older weebs have nostalgia for Daimos because it aired here in the 90s, that's all
>How did you first get involved in mecha
Watched Transformers as a kid, but I really got into mecha thanks to SRW and various assorted Gainax shows
>Favorite mecha franchise
Fafner
>>
>>15494849
Canada

Not really at all

Wing babby here

Gundam
>>
File: 1404836392991.jpg (370KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404836392991.jpg
370KB, 1280x720px
>>15494849
USA all day
Not very much
Gundam Wing and Transformers Robots in Disguise 2000
Getter Robo/Gundam
>>
Ireland

Dunno, probably not very

The earliest stuff I've seen was probably "The New Adventures of Gigantor" (the English dub of the 80s Tetsujin-28 series) and "The Bots Master"; there was also Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and the tail end of Transformers G1/2, followed by bits and pieces of Gundam Wing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usq31bJio5k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLKYOSiW7U4

Not sure, but probably something too mainstream for half of /m/
>>
>>15507147
>Not sure, but probably something too mainstream for half of /m/
Ow the edge
>>
File: 1433253887439.jpg (93KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
1433253887439.jpg
93KB, 300x412px
>>15494849
Fucken Straya cunt

Not very. Probably a bit more so in Tasmania, where I live, as geeky shit in general tends to be.

I dunno, I guess I saw some episodes of Transformers and Inspector Gadget as a kid. Didn't really get into robot anime until my adult years, I think the trigger was when I saw a m8 playing Super Robot Wars 3. Made me wanna watch Mazinger, Getter and Gundam.

I'm not good at choosing fravourites on such a big scale. Ya got great shows like Gundam or Macross that have some shithouse sequels so can I really call them good franchises overall? Nope.
>>
>>15494849
Burger
No
Saw shows like G Gundam and Megas as a kid
Metal Gear
>>
USA

If it isn't Iron Man or Transformers, it's dismissed.

G Gundam and Gundam Wing on Toonami.

GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>15494849
/m/exico
Depends on the group age. Some older normies have fobd memories of Mazinger while younger normies do of Megas. Also Transformers.
Mazinger reruns and Toku
I dunno if it counts as a "franchise", but I fucking love Gunbuster.
>>
File: fyanainthecity.jpg (91KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fyanainthecity.jpg
91KB, 400x300px
>>15494849
>nationality
hamerican

>how popular
Star Wars,Transformers, Avatar, Pacrim, Ironman, etc are well liked generally. Younger people might say they like NGE or Gundam if they're into anime. Older grognards will probably have heard of Battletech or something. Mechs are not popular on their own here, but they are featured a lot as small elements of scifi stories.

>how did you get involved
Typical diet of Transformers Armada and Robotech on tape as a kid. I loved the Iron Giant and used to admire Mechwarrior.

>favorite franchise
Dunbine, Gundam, & Battletech
I've watched a lot of other stuff but I'm just now getting into Braves, which is also really good. In general I love series where there's any kind of arms race between the two sides and new robots get released to keep up.
>>
File: 1465985241726.webm (3MB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465985241726.webm
3MB, 685x600px
>>15494849
Americlap
It's not.
i played custom robo and wanted more
Mazinger
>>
Britbong.
No-one gives a fuck.
I decided to watch Space Runaway Ideon because of that one .gif of that kid getting her head scorched off.
Gundam. Even though there's a couple of shitty series within it (SEED/Destiny and AGE) I'd still rate it a 10/10 franchise.
>>
File: 1392076670208.jpg (208KB, 1230x650px) Image search: [Google]
1392076670208.jpg
208KB, 1230x650px
clap clap clap

Define mecha. The classic piloted robot basically moderate at best. Robots by themselves will always have a place here, see Data, Terminators, Star war droids, etc.

I guess Power Rangers, some Voltron VHS's, then a helping of robotech reruns as a kid. I always liked the giant robots, and flashy flights. the Gundam wing got me interested, and G gundam made me a fan.

The Big O is my favorite series, but I guess Gundam since you said franchise.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.