[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Warrior Baldios

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Baldios.jpg (623KB, 805x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Baldios.jpg
623KB, 805x1080px
What does /m/ think of this?
>>
>>15492765
The setting and music could have been better, otherwise another classic mecha anime
>>
>>15492765
MARIN
>>
>>15492765
>What does /m/ think of this?

The film is as classic sci-fi as they come. It is enjoyable on its own, something rare for a compilation film, but that's because it's not really a compilation film of the tv series even though it reuses some parts of the tv show. It is fundamentally the (alternate ?) ending to the tv series that never had one (they pulled the plug from under the studio for poor audience numbers kinds like Gundam 0079 just a couple of episodes from the ending).
In any case even if the tv show was never given an ending, it's worth watching so you get a fuller appreciation of the film.
Watch the 2 hour film, not some butchered 90 minute shit floating around the internet. You want the real deal.
>>
>>15493045
Baldios TV had an ending, just a very open one.
It is different from the movie, but not by much. Essentially all stuff with the flood is pretty much the same. After it, professor sacrifices himself to destroy bad guys' leader and his ship, but the war itself is unresolved with narration telling us, that both sides are far to gone for a peaceful solution and that the fighting will continue. Aphrodite never gets captured (she challenges Marin to the final fight, but dies under rubble, when one of villain's ship crushes right into their fight, if my memory serves me right). Also, I don't think Earth is nuked at all in the TV version. Not that it helps much...

I personally like both TV and Movie endings.
They are both good in their own rights.
>>
>>15493322
It's kinda like Ideon in that sense, really; the movie has the extended ending, as intended.

Funnily enough, both aired around the same time, too.
>>
>>15493683

As soon as I watched the movie, I started thinking about Baldios this way:

>Baldios - the other Ideon.
>>
It's one of my favorite super robot shows, even though it mostly treats itself like a space opera, kinda like ideon.

As far as Ashi production mech shows are concerned, it's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite after Dancouga
>>
>>15492765
Is the movie actually subbed? Aside from that, wish the series itself was subbed.
>>
>>15492765
darkest anime ever
>>
>>15494285
>Is the movie actually subbed?
Yes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.