[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam [New title]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

ITT a new Gundam show has started and everyone on /m/ agrees it's great. Episode 9 has just aired.

Discuss what you liked most about it, how interesting the plot twist was, which mecha designs were the best and who your waifu is.
>>
So if the loli is a Newtype does that make this some kind of UC sequel? And how can a Newtype connect an Oldtype and a machine without anything like Psycommu?
>>
I liked that ship commander looking like Josip Broz Tito. Real man, not like his faggy crew
>>
>>15487458
>>15487458
I'm not sure they're *actually* Newtypes, it was kind of hinted that the machine itself had part of the precognitive abilities.
>>
File: not-Ple.png (94KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
not-Ple.png
94KB, 225x350px
>>15487458
The show's spin on funnels has been really great, even if the mech's design steals a bit much from Geara Doga.
>>
>>15487458
No, I think it's trying to suggest that "Newtype" is really just a catchall for naturally augmented biological forms of life.

Like what about that forest with the psychic trees?
>>
File: 1466563321529.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466563321529.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>15487444
IT WAS ABSOLUTE TRASH BECAUSE THREE FRAMES WERE DRAWN WITH INCORRECT PORPORTIONS, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE QUALITY INDEED. GUNDAM IS DEAD IT WILL NEVER RECOVER
>>
>>15487444
I really liked the grunt suits the new antagonist Ceres faction came up with. Reminds me of a cross between The O and the Rick Dias
>>
>>15487444
Shin Gundam is too strong
>>
It really hammers home the point that adults are all evil.
>>
>>15487518
Nice to see grunts actually do something threatening as well and not just being 10 pieces of stage explosion.
>>
File: gunburg.png (27KB, 472x431px) Image search: [Google]
gunburg.png
27KB, 472x431px
i dig the gunburg
>>
I like that the person we THOUGHT was going to be the hero dies in the first episode only for the girl who was in the background most of the time to become the heroine.
>>
Oh look, another military contractor selling to both sides and fanning the flames of war.
>>
That Puru clown is really cute, I really hope she survives.

Also, I dig the fact that the opposing faction is not Zeon related, it's good to see Bandai trying some fresh ideas.
>>
>>15487568
But we keep seeing him in the background, and he even spoke. Is he really dead? Or is he some Newtype ghost?
>>
>>15487568
>actually enjoying sjw pandering
Neo /m/ is a disease.
>>
File: 7878785686565.jpg (24KB, 183x400px) Image search: [Google]
7878785686565.jpg
24KB, 183x400px
>>15487444
as a huge Turn A fan I have to say this is the best Gundam design ever made
>>
>>15487622
You'd rather have ANOTHER crying autistic teenage boy?
>>
So does this take place before or after Turn A? We saw that one unit use a Moonlight Butterfly back in episode 7, but nothing else has turned up yet.
>>
>>15487568
>believing Gundam will ever have an animated female protag
Come on, /u/.
>>
>>15487653
it's a post-Turn A Alternate-UC 50-episode high-budget OVA about gritty grunts coming to grips with the horrors of war while their optimistic teenage gunota sidekicks go through coming-of-age drama in trying to obtain the waifus of their dreams
>>
>>15487662
>this GBF s3 wishlisting
>STILL

SAD!
>>
>>15487661
She won't survive the series, I guarantee it.
>>
So, what about that Lalah-like girl in the opening? Have the creators revealed something?
>>
>>15487622
please don't act like your /r Donald-/pol/ tier bullshit was part of old /m/. the only politics that touched old /m/ were fictional space politics
>>
>>15487816
Reddit hasn't existed in literally decades. Get over it, "Euro"-vassal.
>>
>>15487444
I really like the female lead character and the fact she is just a normal likeable person.

I really like the part where they are fighting a war across the universe and they assaulted that star system, comming out of hyperspace and doing a planetfall in one go.
>>
>>15487612
Yeah, she's cute but they really went overboard with her makeup and red nose.
Rainbow hair is the best hair though.
>>
what series are you all talking about
>>
>>15487834
The SEED reboot.
>>
>>15487444
Better than IBO, establishment sites are pissy, and it has loads of action every episode, a worthy third Seed entry.
>>
This is absolute shit are you people kidding me? IBO was the last great Gundam.
>>
>>15487568
>not knowing that it's a switch and switch and bait

the MC will be back soon.
>>
>>15487928
>third
5th. Casuals.
>>
>>15487843
I can't believe they got a medium to bring Morosawa's ghost in to write it.
>>
File: Gundam_hang-on.png (386KB, 626x514px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_hang-on.png
386KB, 626x514px
I love the decision to make the main Gundam use a motorcycle, unique choice and bold move by the people at sunrise.
>>
>>15487444
i want the Zuglarg to have my babies
>>
okay are we just not going to talk about the scene when those ghosts surrounded that grunt's cockpit and he had a mental breakdown?
>>
>>15488409
They weren't ghosts, it was just a visualization of his guilt for the colony massacres. The ship captain had the same nightmare, remember?
>>
File: 1491708639250.jpg (26KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1491708639250.jpg
26KB, 500x499px
>>15487444
I notice a lack of masked characters in this show. Highly disappointed.
>>
>>15488250
Finally, motorcycles are /m/ again. Only if the design wasn't modern ugly shit like Kawasaki Z800
>>
>>15488250
Get this fucking super robot shit out of Gundam.
>>
MC-kun reminds me of Shinn. I sure hope he wins in the end.
>>
>>15487444
>ITT a new Gundam show has started and everyone on /m/ agrees it's great. Episode 9 has just aired.
/m/orons like a show Gundam show that finally has Zeon as the protagonist? neat
>>
File: Muh bikes.png (815KB, 704x527px) Image search: [Google]
Muh bikes.png
815KB, 704x527px
>>15488250
>Motorcycles
>Unique

Not even unique to this franchise.

I bet you haven't even revived the bikes of the middle ages, peasant.
>>
>>15488701
Anon that's why the decoy protagonist "died" in episode three. He's coming back as the Char to train the grill into a super pilot.
>>
>>15489119
too bad they already announced movies which means the show isn't canon
>>
File: 1464813678009.jpg (105KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1464813678009.jpg
105KB, 704x528px
>>15489121
Every time I see this quote, the chosen frame seems to become worse and worse.
>>
>>15489116
Man, Fukuda's writing sure has improved!
>>
This is the worst show since IBO
>>
>>15487662
Aaaah, so THAT'S why the Char looks so much like Harry Ord...
>>15488770
It's too late, Anon. The MC has already found the Mobile Fighters from G Gundam, the show's gone full Super Robot already. I for one welcome our new Super Robot overlords.
>>
I wasn't expecting a SEED Destiny sequel to be this great. Sure is fun to see Kira and Lacus again.
>>
Anyone else found the musical number in this episode a little jarring?
I know the director said there'd be one every episode, but I don't think the fat mechanic guy singing about why he loves hot dogs was so appropriate while they were burying the captain.
>>
>>15489368
Finally Seed is linked to Robotech
>>
Woah holy fuck
New OP is crazy
Has any show switched ops after five episodes that wasn't Monogatari?
>>
Finally, looks like they have invited a historian to advise the writers
>>
>>15487824
>>15487568

According to magazine spoilers, she's going to die too. The actual protagonist is the hero's friend, the one who always looked up to him. But the two are going to stick around as a kind of Greek chorus.

You know what they're going for here. They have the 'measured' protagonist, the first guy - then they have the 'idealistic' heroine, the second pilot - and after they die, they have the 'cynical' protagonist, the actual hero.

This is a stunningly unhappy series, all things considered. Both sides are just as bad, and most actions are driven entirely by spite. We're down to, what, four members of the original cast?
>>
>>15489504

They switch OP each time the MC switches. Given that we have OP3, it's going to be another switch very soon.
>>
>>15489700

> Four members of the original cast?

Two, after this episode.
>>
>>15487444
The new show so far is actually pretty good.

>The Gundam is the MC due to being a sentient AI operating the MS body
>Is a badass viking werewolf that was once part of the bastard son of the Titans and A-Laws with some Gjallarnhorn thrown in (but with redeeming qualities compared to the three and actually fought the Feddies for a legitimately good reason)
>Has a mostly organic look (only the crotch, forearms and shins have something that can be called a boxy armor)
>Retired after the events that were before the show as a farmer on one of the worlds outside the Sol System in the Outer Sphere Alliance
>Uses a gynoid body to interact with people
>Bonus for the fact that he adopted two kids, one of which forcefully registered as his new pilot when he didn't look (needless to say, he didn't want to for some reason)
>>
Lol the gunpla is selling like shit (Pic of a random store shelf with a half full pallet of the generic HG not!GM).

New gundam series confirmed for flop that killed the franchise.
>>
>>15489703

Gen's writing this arc, you can bet they'll be stacking the bodies high. The existentialism stuff is a bit hit-and-miss, though.
>>
>>15489992
Okay fuck you, I actually want to watch that show.
>>
>>15487444
God damn, a competent female pilot who also is stellar in the T&A department, finally.
>>
>>15490024
I still think it's weird that Tomino told Yoko Kanno to co-write and act as script supervisor when she's already doing the OST with Sawano and the OPs with fucking Yoko Ono.

And didn't one of the insert songs have the Urobutcher voicing a guitar riff?
>>
>>15491389
And the best part?

The show takes place in a setting where humanity went beyond the Sol system. Only Victory's side story and 00's Trailblazer simply showed humanity going outside of the system, but here they pulled it off and made it from the get-go.

Still there are no aliens...unless you count the unique flora and fauna of various planets in the Outer Sphere.
>>
>>15491695

He also did the monologue that opened the new arc.
>>
>>15487538
I know it's UC, but did they really have to stick War in the Pocket references everywhere?
Feels like pandering.
>>
>dat m1a1 Abrams turret trap
>>
>>15493008
>it's UC
No, it's not. It's just heavily inspired by UC, but it's really a SEED reimagining with thicker UC references, but that's all they are.

Like ARISE has a bunch of SAC and Film references, but it's its own distinct canon.
>>
>hurr durr loli dies meme
Great one butcher
>>
>>15494079
loli took out half the Golden Fleet with her

pretty much saved New Mexico singlehandedly
>>
>>15487502

I thought the trees were genetically engineered by that ex-zeon guy? That stuff he was putting in the water.

Oh shit, maybe that's the twist! Newtypes were NEVER NATURALLY OCCURRING. That would certainly explain why, after a certain point int he UC timeline, they just magically stop appearing.
>>
>>15489992
>>15491389
>>15492373
Wait, what's this show I'm hearing. Can someone tell me what happened in the 1st ep?
>>
>>15495669
It's a longer than usual episode (a 40 minute one),

>Starts out with a background story of how humanity started to colonize systems beyond those of our home system after series of wars, resulting in the Celestial Age
>Says how awesome it was when the Terran Federation ruled at first
>Over time it went to shit when Federation slowly became more corrupt, oppressive and retarded when they were pushing the colonies to the limit
>300 after the first flight beyond Sol and a new war started out between the Core Worlds and the colonies
>Feddies send their forces to subjugate people, but one of their forces (the badass, batshit, warlike Death's Head Legion) went renegade after having enough of the former's bullshit they are doing to colonists
>Death's Head proverbially tears Feddies a new one, yet due to traitors in the midst and attrition from fighting without pause they fall
>Yet despite the above falling, the colonies got enough time to build up their military and force the Feddies into a cease-fire, while at the same time proclaiming independence (hence the divine into Inner Sphere Federation and Outer Sphere Alliance)

TBC.
>>
>>15495669
>>15495766
>Then we have the actual episode
>We see the MC who is an old man with a big beard with a very viking name and his kids on one of the colonies called Silf
>S.O.L. style so far and how they are about to go and sell their crops on the market
>Meanwhile a ship appears and MSs start to fly out of it and entering atmosphere
>Still more S.O.L., the trio get to the city and the MC sees the the MSs from above
>MSs land and start to wreck havoc in the city
>MC's kids, instead of hiding go help people while MC's eyes suddenly glow and then he falls to the ground
>Kids see this and try to move their dad
>Suddenly a loud sound is heard from afar and a MS is reaching towards the kids
>Sound is getting louder and the Gundam appears above the kids, with his back-mounted rifle pointing at the assailant, says "GET YOUR SERVOS OFF MY KIDS." and shoots something of a MS-sized dum-dum bullet that makes a crater from behind the assailant and a tiny hole in the chest
>Said Gundam proceeds to wipe the floor with the MSs with a heat sword, a hammer and said rifle
>It's intense, brutal and he somehow even manages to do little collateral damage
>The best part is that after the battle, the Gundam tells the kids to get into the cockpit...and there is nobody here
>The Gundam is sentient, the MC is his humanoid body and the kids were adopted
>Credits roll and a metal theme is heard
>>
File: don't cry.jpg (71KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
don't cry.jpg
71KB, 1024x1024px
You'll never get to make your own Gundam show
>>
>>15495805
Brutal, but so brutally true.
>>
im upset they tied the zeonexpy group to gallahorn, that is awful and makes no sense.
>>
>>15495906
Hmmmm, that is indeed nonsensical.

Zeon is Zeon, Gjallarnhorn is like an expy of Titans and A-Laws.

Making Zeon expies into some not!Titans on a larger scale is stupid.
>>
>>15495766
>>15495789
Are there other Gundams too in this show?
>>
>>15498050
The MC Gundam and his kids are joined by Gundams that were also part of the former's old organization and who too were hiding in the Outer Spheres.

>A crimson red Gundam piloted by the local 17-year old Char Clone (who's an expy of Schwarz Bruder and Harry Ord, and overall cool dude with friendly rival vibes). Said Gundam has a vampiric/angelic theme and is a rapid-assault unit, as well having the personality of a old military maverick.

>A purple and black Gundam that can transform into a giant spider and whose pilot is a girl that is an expy of Relena (and she does come from a renowned family), but she ain't afraid to pull the trigger when pushed too hard and will fight when the situation requires it. The Gundam has the personality of a youngling, but is quickly learning (no wonder, since of all the Gundams he's supposed to be the youngest).

>A black Gundam that has a spectre them, has a sniper rifle and is a smooth operator. His pilot is the bastard son of Lockon and Tieria (if the latter were a girl) that also has some Allelujah/Hallelujah with two personalities (the cool-headed sniper and engineer, and that of a mad scientist who comes up with very unorthodox tactics and devices that are effective).

>A massive Gundam that would tower over the others, has a carcharodon theme, and is armed to the teeth with a plethora of weapons (including actual teeth...and giant chainsaw claws), yet his AI is kinda slow. Is piloted by a little girl that has Maori vibes about her and is called by the big guy his "little mermaid". She herself is a plucky and energetic girl.
>>
I know everyone has been saying that the journey to General Kurtz's HQ in the asteroid belt is just a rehash of 0079 Journey to Jaburo looking for General, except all in Space now, but I'm feeling like there's something else here. Maybe its the way the ship seems to slowly travel and maneuver through the asteroid belt each episode and all of the guerrillas hiding out in the asteroids, the building tension as and desperation, people on the protagonist side already dropping like flies every episode or two, but is anyone getting an Apocalypse Now in Space kinda feel to it? Doesn't help that the protagonist is more withdrawn than Amuro in 0079
>>
[New Gundam Show] is overrated dogshit that only a bunch of plebs and ANN like because they have shit taste and failed to understand the deep complexity of [Previous Gundam Show]. I, being a superior breed of human however, recognize it for the vapid, poorly written garbage it is.

[New Gundam Show] will never be able to stand at the pinnacle of Gundam with other masterpieces like G-Reco, AGE, and SeeD Destiny, because its writer is a talentless fuck that should have stuck writing tween light novels and the director doesn't have the vision of Robotomino's rusty left nut. As proof of my correct superiority, have six cherrypicked screenshots chosen from the first fifteen episodes that illustrate the poor animation and low budget nature of the show.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go huff my own farts and put a HG Barbatos in my butt.
>>
>>15499583
Is it indeed that bad?

I think that you are missing some points that even G-Reco, AGE and SEED (and SEED Destiny) didn't touch on and it was done quite good.

Hell, I dare say it's like IBO, but with the potential actually unleashed and not wasted.
>>
>>15489394
>Robotech

IT'S MACROSS!
>>
>Characters dying left and right
>MC's apparent PTSD showing itself as each episode goes
Man, the suffering is just too much.

The shots of the blueprint of the "secret weapon" in question in the ED is ominous as fuck as well, considering that it looks suspiciously like a modified version of the MC's Gundam
>>
>>15504810
I really like the ED this time around.
I think the blueprint is supposed to imply the MC's "True Nature", but it might just be a superior model that appears later on. I want to see it though. Personally, I'm hoping it's the latter. I don't like our Char so far.
>>
>>15504874
I dunno man, it looks a lot like a dragon and the mural in MC's hometown with the dragon destroying a town, it ain't a good sign
>>
File: 1469292448504.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1469292448504.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Man, can you guys believe that that they're pulling down the Unicorn 1:1 statue to put up the new Gundam instead? Man who could have known that a transforming, psychoframe monoeye Gundam with funnel wings and a sword twice his size would be so popular
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.