[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thunderbolt manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 00081.jpg (230KB, 765x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00081.jpg
230KB, 765x1200px
Daryl finally joined the monks and is taking Karla with him to meet raven Fuu

Time for the new Psycho Zaku
>>
File: 00060.jpg (238KB, 767x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00060.jpg
238KB, 767x1200px
>>15486803
buddhism kills Zeon
>>
>t-this is mainline UC and not it's own thing
>>
>>15487074
Is Buddhism the Religion of peace of the UC, at least TB's UC?
>>
>>15487082
>m-muh canon
How can there be a "mainline UC" when there is a TV series continuity, Movie continuity, Origin manga continuity, Novel contuinity, and so on
>>
>>15487089

Buddhism is a pretty peaceful religion as is, though not entirely so and so practitioners have gone to war because of or despite it regardless of it's teachings.
>>
>>15487093
ZZ, CCA, UC and HF can'r happens without TV Zeta, so ''mainline'' UC exists
>>
Damn, the whole thing with South Seas make this feel like Kungfu Boy.
>>
>>15487097

Presuming you mean Hathaway's Flash by HF, then it's not "mainline" UC continuity regardless and clearly doesn't take place in the same timeline as Char's Counterattack given the way events play out.
>>
>>15487124
HF events have always been part of UC timeline charts
>>
File: kenshiro.gif (3MB, 361x271px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro.gif
3MB, 361x271px
>>15487116
>THESE LEGS AREN'T JUST FOR SHOW
>>
>>15487125

They can include it if they wish, but the actual story is pretty clearly differentiated from Char's Counterattack's line of events.
>>
>>15487097
Hathaway's Flash is a sequel going off the Novel timeline of Beltorchika's Children. Which is a based on the novel High Streamer (aka original CCA).

So to break this down, Yoshiyuki Tomino wrote 3 separate novels (he even wrote for the manga adaption) about the events of Char's Counterattack.

All 3 greenlighted by corporate. So all this "mainline UC" talk can go fuck itself.
>>
>>15487137
>>15487142
m-muh c-canon
>>
>>15487094
>Buddhism is a pretty peaceful religion as is

So is Christianity.
>>
>>15487097
CCA and HF can happen with ANT though.
>>
>>15486803
Where can I get the raws OP?
>>
>>15487094
I know, I was just making a meme anon.
>>
>>15487221
Big Comic Superior
>>
>Not upgrading Daryl to a Psycho Gelgoog
>>
>>15487213

Char's Counterattack and Hathaway's Flash can't happen with each other however.
>>
>>15486803
Claudia is hot
>>
>>15486803

Daryl confirmed as the villain then
>>
>>15487094

>RELIGION OF PEACE
>>
They could still shoehorn Thunderbolt into the main UC canon, treating all the mobile suits as regional specific variants. Treat the conflicts as isolated ones.

Of course, with 08th MS Team, 0080 and 0083, they still explicitly depicted public broadcasts of the Zabis just to keep their link to the main UC canon.

All these side stories started off with their MS designs as visual interpretations, not in universe variants.
>>
>>15487213
Nope. Char makes a reference to ZZ's 1st Neo-Zeon and the war in CCA and every external source has Char's Neo-Zeon as the 2nd Neo-Zeon and the 2nd Neo-Zeon war. Not to mention the new Twilight Axis has a custom Zaku III, a machine only manufactured DURING the 1st Neo-Zeon War. As far as Sunrise is concerned ANT doesn't even exist so far. If they think ANT can fit into the timeline they forgot Haman had Axis pull away from the Earth's sphere in 0087, even though it was in the middle of a 2 year trip from the Asteroid Belt.
>>
>>15486803
so Zeon will become a non-faction?
>>
>>15488954
>If they think ANT can fit into the timeline they forgot Haman had Axis pull away from the Earth's sphere in 0087, even though it was in the middle of a 2 year trip from the Asteroid Belt.

Why do so many people comment on ANT without watching it? Haman takes the Axis -fleet- and leaves, Axis itself is left behind.

And Haman's Zeon still participates in battles in Zeta.
>>
>>15490054
Char's speech also only mentions Haman and doesn't specifically mention any of the events of ZZ or her Neo-Zeon movement.
>>
>>15487089
Islam is still a thing in uc, and the sunni's are still killing the shiites's
>>
>>15486803
Psycho Zaku Ground Custom?
>>
>>15490591
In Unicorn's novel at least, that shit was scrapped for the anime.

Unless it was mentioned in something else.
>>
File: 1405127042324.jpg (397KB, 1368x999px) Image search: [Google]
1405127042324.jpg
397KB, 1368x999px
>>15487082
Eh, you could say the same thing about 0083, War in the Pocket, or Endless Waltz back in the day when they were airing/released. Gundam entries not jiving well with the rest of what's been established up until then is kind of a Sunrise pastime. Only difference now is people act like bitches about it because they get a case of the not-muhs for some reason.
>>
File: kai.png (836KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kai.png
836KB, 960x720px
>>15490591
>some zeon africa korps advisor got rekt because he didn't know the difference between Shia and Sunni
>>
>>15487093
Mainline UC is the first 4 TV series, F91 and the CCA OVA.
Stuff like 0083,0080, and 08th MS is debatable, but widely considered UC.
>>
manga is moving slower than Beserk
>>
>>15490925
ZZ and a bunch of random side material. Its amusingly consistent
>>
>>15491573
>meanwhile at Zeon's earth branch
https://youtu.be/Ij_beHWLT98
>>
>>15490807

Would that even be as threatening on the ground?

Ground warfare isn't like space warfare. There are only so may directions you can move in while terrestrial.
>>
>>15493300
it has to be a ground MS since he will battle Atlas on Earth
>>
>>15493047
Jesus, it's like I'm watching televised shitposting.
>>
>>15492999
I didn't know it popped up in ZZ side stuff (I kinda remember some stuff in Dakar in ZZ don't remember much islam references in the show though) that's kinda neat.
>>
>>15488901
There is no official word but I get the feeling that Thunderbolt specifically wants to be a slight re-imagining of the universe, at least in terms of MS designs. I say that only because originally, I had assumed it did fit into the canon and that the GM designs were something relegated to the debris-filled Thunderbolt sector's units. That seemed pretty sensible. But in both the OVA and the manga you find that the Thunderbolt GM (astronaut backpack w/ manipulator arms holding two shields, etc.) is ubiquitous. Why would Bianca pilot one at A Baoa Qu if she isn't from the Moore Brotherhood? Why would the Spartan have their units rocking the same design? Why are all the Gelgoogs so different? Why would they never ever show an "old" design just to be able to make that link?

The author has outright said something about basically just doing whatever the hell he wanted. That doesn't mean there was no Amuro, no Trojan horse, or that any of that stuff didn't happen, but it happened with Thunderbolt tech involved at some level even if it was just the GMs being different. or Char's Gelgoog having a gigantic beam rifle that he has to plug into his big old astronaut backpack.

It is a reimagining of the original canon, in the same way The Origin is a reimagining of it, with changes to the aesthetic/designs and perhaps slight revisions of history as well. Hence, "Alternate UC" is imo a good descriptor. I think some people take it as a pejorative but it's stupid; there's no inherent worth to "the original canon" at this point.
>>
>>15493397
When they're in Dakar there's a scene where everybody drops and islam prays and then the named characters spot that other nonmuslim since they're all still standing
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.