[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Beam Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 1290780609542e35d00b6df0016.png (533KB, 790x818px) Image search: [Google]
1290780609542e35d00b6df0016.png
533KB, 790x818px
What are the ammo figures like for beam weapons? Like how many shots does it get per clip for different mobile suits/eras?

Also why is there gravity on the moon?
>>
>>15486382
Do you face the sun and ask “Are you the sun?”
>>
>>15486382
>Also why is there gravity on the moon?

Because it has mass?
>>
>>15486801
Does it also has after-images?
>>
File: JvUSPHp.gif (652KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
JvUSPHp.gif
652KB, 500x462px
>>15486810
H-hayai!
>>
>>15486810

You could probably argue it does actually, given that the Moon as we see it is actually the Moon 1.3 seconds ago due to the distance the light has to travel to reach is.
>>
what type of gundam is that?
>>
>>15486850

Mass production Nu I think, given the incoms and shoulder thrusters.
>>
File: Rx-94.jpg (265KB, 418x873px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-94.jpg
265KB, 418x873px
>>15486850
mass production type Nu (INCOM)
>>
>>15486382
Do you think gravity is created by having an atmosphere or something? Is this American education?
>>
>>15486892
Snapfag isn't American. He refuses to release his birth certificate.
>>
>>15486382
The original RX-78 had 16 shots I believe.

Honestly I don't think there are a lot of numbers out there. Beam Spray Gun for example had several different settings that took up different amounts of energy for each type. Ultimately it was recharged by the suit after a few minutes or something.
>>
>>15487000
Nah, you can't reload e-caps like that. They had to be refilled at a larger reactor (typically a ship). Mega particle cannons would have a new shot ready in about that time frame, though I don't think any OYW MS had the reactors for that.
>>
>>15487018
this was my original understanding as well; for some reason I have a vague memory of an article that talked about the beam spray guns various firing modes though and it also mentioned how many minutes it took to restore charge

I can't find it again though, so maybe it was just some BS/fanfiction/noncanon material
>>
>>15487078
That could be referring to how long it takes the suit to charge its own energy to use in the firing process. The E-Cap provides the energy of the beam itself, but the suit's reactor is what powers the I-Field that focuses the beam. That's why Zeon had to make a whole new beam weaponry-focused mobile suit in the form of the Gelgoog instead of just giving beam guns to their existing Zakus, they didn't have the reactors for it.
>>
>>15487000
>>15487018
The GM has a rack on its hip to recharge the beam spray gun. But it's so slow that it's not useful outside of battle. From the MG manual.

The Gelgoog, according to some info books, apparently has a hand mounted mechanism for recharging the beam rifle.

The Marasai is one of the first MS to be able to replenish ammo for its beam rifle as quickly as it can use it, effectively giving it infinite ammo.
>>
>>15487636
>But it's so slow that it's not useful outside of battle
I mean, it's so slow it's only useful outside of battle.
>>
>>15486382
There are ammo figures for a few weapons, I think. Unicorn's beam rifle is so strong it uses up a whole e-cap with one shot.
>>
>>15486382
a better question is: why does the moon has a gravity of 1g?
>>
>>15486382
I got the impression it drained the battery at different rates depending on how it was set. In the original series the 'ammo' was displayed as a bar which would drain; I don't think it's a question of a consistent number of shots as much as a question of how many seconds it can fire for overall.
>>
>>15487696
Yeah, the beam magnum has six shots per reload. I think it had the ability to shoot the entire clip's load at once, but I may be mistaking it for something else
>>
>>15490051
I don't know if it could shoot all the C-caps at once, especially since it's shown loading another one after each shot, in it's Magazine like thing full of the E-caps.
>>
>>15490051
An e-cap is, normally, the magazine/clip of the gun. Unicorn shoots the whole e-cap in one shot and so they strapped together e-caps to make a new magazine for it.
>magazines in a magazine
YO DAWG
>>
>>15486382
>>15490051
>>15490377
>clip
>>
>>15489755
1g is Earth gravity, Luna has 0.1654g.
>>
There is gravity on the moon because the moon was formed from debris knocked off an ancient earth by collisions with other planetoids billions of years ago.

Some of the rocks still had pieces of gravity inside them, and sank to the center of the moon.
>>
>>15490590
I can't honestly tell if you're being serious or not. We've reached the shitpost singularity.
>>
>>15490390
>clip
Clip might be the appropriate term here.

Clips are a storage mechanism while magazines are a feeding mechanism.

A E-cap is a way to store ammo. The internal 1 E-Cap "magazine" of a standard beam rifle feeds the ammo from the E-cap to the beam generator.

The Beam Magnum uses 5 E-Cap Magazines reloaded with a 5 E-Cap clip.
>>
>>15487636
>The Marasai is one of the first MS to be able to replenish ammo for its beam rifle as quickly as it can use it, effectively giving it infinite ammo.

Proofs?
>>
>>15493031
I guess the truth comes out at last
Snapfag is a fake fan

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=267042#p267042

>According to the HG-UC Marasai kit manual, the Marasai has a high enough output that it can recharge the energy pack of its beam rifle as quickly as it runs out, which is why the Marasai doesn't carry a bunch of spare energy packs like the Hizack.
>>
File: 261278253199654913.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
261278253199654913.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>15493042
So... I guess later mobile suits post Zeta only replace clips when there's no time to recharge. I did not know this before. Wow.
>>
>>15493059
Or they fire so fast the reactors can't keep up. In CCA everyone shoots like they have fully automatic battle rifles.
>>
>>15490390
desu it looks way more like a clip than a magazine.
>>
>>15493059
Supposedly, a similar logic is why guns in Mass Effect started to have "clips", which is really just replacing the heatsink, since the guns where starting to build up more than they could dispel.
The guns still have "infinite" ammo, but it's made like that to be faster in-universe and for the normies that started to hop on the franchise.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.