[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: vlcsnap-2017-05-01-02h59m51s729.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-01-02h59m51s729.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
>>
he's autistic like kamille but better at hiding it
>>
Dying soldiers tend to call out for their mothers.
>>
Oedipus complex, maybe? He's already a lolicon, so why not?
>>
>>15486037
>>15486036

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfRkyxORyQA
>>
Look up from your phone next time and maybe you'd understand better. Or maybe you're just retarded.

Literally all you have to do is pay attention. Take notes if you have to. The movie doesn't spoonfeed you, you have to put in SOME effort.
>>
>>15486049
Oh, so you didn't understand it either.
>>
>>15486036
Saw Lalah as a mother figure
Since one of the few times where Char isn't an autistic sociopath is when he was with Lalah
She was probably one of the very few people he genuinely cared for
>>
>>15486072

But didn't he walk Lalah home gently?
>>
>>15486072
If by few times and few people you mean most of the time and most of the people I agree.
>>
>>15486105

Not him, but are you saying you think Char genuinely cared about most people he interacted with? It certainly seems to be your implication, but it's an unusual argument. Especially CCA Char, who doesn't seem to care at all for Gyunei, Nanai or Quess, the only people he notably interacts with aside from Amuro.
>>
>>15486151
You seem to have a very simplistic understanding of human relationships and behavior.
>>
>>15486153

Oh, you're going with insults rather than arguments right out the gate. Saves me the trouble of paying any further attention to you I guess. Thanks anon.
>>
>>15486075
Maybe
What I mean is that he probably didn't saw Lalah as like his actual mother and/or projected that onto her
She was kind and caring about him in a motherly way
>>
>>15486036
>She was kind and caring about him in a motherly way
Isn't that the best possible kind of relationship?
>>
>>15486151
>didn't care about Nanai

Fuck you, Anon, theirs was a special kind of love.
>>
>>15486036
Usually most male would called their own wife as mum. so basically char would like to say that Lalah is the perfect waifu for him, with Axis burning and Sazabi entering Earth Im pretty sure he need to rephrase his word but dont have the time.
>>
wouldn't that have to do with her bringing to light the newtype abilities. thus sending char on some newtype rampage.
>>
>>15486294
yes he needed that ass also
>>
>>15486175
I am not insulting you. I am simply observing that in my experience your statement seems sweeping and undifferentiated. It's hard to communicate with someone when you have no common ground to step on.

If you'd like to establish such please try to answer the following:

How do you define the term "genuine care"?

More specifically:
Is "genuine care" a physical affect and/or a mental construct?
By what indications do you judge (a)it's presence (b)it's absence?
Further, does the lack of (a) imply (b)?
On a similar note are emotions of opposite valence mutually reductive and does that affect the assessment of their "genuinety"?
Are those indications universal to all relationships regardless of their specific nature?
More specifically do you take into account factors like social status, age, temperament, level of personal involvement etc. in your assessment or do all relationships have to meat the same behavioral standards.
For example:
If an intimate relationship traditionally involves a greater depth or intensity of emotional expression is an intimate relationship inherently more "genuine" than a proffessional one?
Is "genuite care" a qualitative and/or a quantitative property of a relationship?
Does care either possess the quality "genuine" or not regardless of it intensity, or is there a certain minumum amount of care that is necessary in order for it to be "genuine". If the latter, does that minimum amount vary depending on the specific nature of the relationship?
Note that here I am dismissing the possibility that emotion can be more or less genuine as an absurdity on the basis of common sense.

etc.etc.
>>
>>15486317
>called their own wife as mum
Not in America. Even comparing the twos roles is a fast way to turn off a woman
>>
>>15486361
>America
You mean the current brewing pot of the dumbest sexual stereotypes?
>>
>>15486361
>Even comparing the twos roles is a fast way to turn off a woman

So that's why murican women are the lowest tier of woman to become mum. Call your wife as mum is the greatest honor a girl can achieved, the moment she become a mum she's forsaken everything in her life for her family
>>
>>15486361
Because liberty is not a guarantee that people will not be assholes.

The lack of social structures that compel different groups to act in a certain way combined with the lack of cultural traditions that breed respect for the contribution of every individual to society just create chaos and insecurity in the general population.
A woman, feeling in the more disadvantageous position, can have no guarantees that she will be respected by a man so she is more aggressive in order to protect herself. She demands trustworthiness in order to feel secure but she suspects a man who demands trustworthiness is weak and trying to take advantage of her. That places even higher social standards of masculinity on men who in turn are frustrated and blame women for it. It's an eternally self-perpetuating cycle.

From the start Tomino provided apt social commentary that is prettyl relevant in today's identity politics crisis. He is pretty red-pilled.
>>
>>15486049
Nice Grecofag parody.
>>
>>15486481
>Look and by intimidated by my narrow pool of references.
>>
File: cca-post.png (42KB, 628x308px) Image search: [Google]
cca-post.png
42KB, 628x308px
>>15486036
>>
>>15486343

Whether a statement is sweeping and undifferentiated has nothing to do with whether the person making it has any understanding of human behavior and relationships. You jumped to that conclusion with no basis, which is an insult no matter how you want to frame it.

As to your extensive questions; Char never displays any emotional connection to or corcern for Gyunei, Quess or Nanai. Conversely, he tells each of them what they want to hear, which makes his relationship with them appear superficial and only one of convenience. He tells Nanai that he'll do whatever she wants when the battle is over, then almost immediately tells Quess that he'll be with her or something since she loves him, before almost immediately telling Gyunei he doesn't actually care about Quess and that all he cares about is Amuro and Neo Zeon. He also only seems to interact with them as necessary, unless they force the matter. His interactions with Quess are limited almost solely to discussions about piloting, while his interactions with Nanai are mostly political in nature, concerning how best to make use of people (including Gyunei and Quess). The major exception being Nanai and Char drinking together, where he seems more concerned with reminiscing about Lalah and then leaves once he's done, with Nanai very obviously frustrated by his distance when he does so. She's very physical and emotional with Char, but he's much more closed off with her.

I was going to answer all your questions, but with the above included it became quite lengthy, so I'm just leave it out it unless you want answers to each specific questions.
>>
File: Women. How do they work.png (609KB, 848x616px) Image search: [Google]
Women. How do they work.png
609KB, 848x616px
>>15486594
Oh, it's you.

>Char never displays any emotional connection
This is a restatement of your original position which I claimed to disagree with.
>it makes his relationship with them appear superficial
There is only one superficial thing here and it's not the relationships.
>He only seems to interact with them as necessary
Why are you interpreting the directional style as a personal choice of the character? The movie is tight, dense and fast-paced. The narrative only has the purely documentary interest of conveying factual information while forgoing completely any focus on the emotional states and motivations of the characters. The latter are explored mostly through visual cues or subtextual dialogue.
>His interactions with Quess are limited solely to discussions about piloting, while his interactions with Nanai are political in nature.
I'd call the above clause, but knowing his personality I doubt he talks about much else in general. Not the jolliest company. Which reminds me of a question I asked earlier : Do you take into consideration people's basic temperaments when assessing their relationships? Does someone who doesn't have a very jolly personality have to meet the same standards of sociability as a significantly jollier person or alternatively are people with less jolly personalities inherently less capable of having social emotions?
In any case is it absolutely unthinkable that a person can show a genuine emotion during a conversation about politics?Like Char does.
>he seems more concerned with reminiscing about Lalah and then leaves once he's done
He went into the room to think about Lalah and left when he was done with that?
>Nanai very obviously frustrated by his distance when he does so
The typical male he evacuates when a woman in the vicinity starts talking about feelings.
>She's much more physical
They are shown to be physically comfortable with each other in several scenes including this one.
>and emotional
Women.
>>
File: james.jpg (110KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
110KB, 960x720px
>>15486582
Do people really have a hard time understanding this? Is it just ADHD children who skipped 0079 or what?
>>
>>15486898
To be quite honest I never really managed to figure out exactly what the fuck their problem was. I'm no good at psychology and shit so while I can tell that characters have issues I don't think pinning down what the sources of said issues are isn't quite so simple.
>>
>>15486910
It's good that you are honest.
>>
>>15486582
>I DIDN'T NOTICE HOW OTHER PEOPLE WERE BREAKING THEIR BACKS FOR ME BECAUSE I'M SUCH A DIIICK
>I'M SO OBSESSED WITH REVENGE BECAUSE I'M JUST SPITEFUL AND DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BECAUSE I'M SUCH AN AAASSOLE
>I WANT MY MOMMYYY
>NOBODY UNDERSTAAANDS
>IT'S ALL YOUR FAAAAAAULT
>WAAAH
You guys are so full of shit.
>>
>>15486036
I thought he was gonna MAKE HER the mother of his children lol
>>
>>15486036
F91 was the better gundam movie, that's what he meant.
>>
File: CouldBeMyMother.jpg (24KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
CouldBeMyMother.jpg
24KB, 720x404px
>>
>>15487157
F91 is the best gundam movie why would he need to say that
>>
File: CURhI7wUsAA3ghH.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CURhI7wUsAA3ghH.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>15486036
Watch BRAIN POWERD to find out about the love between a mother and her son.
>>
Why does Amuro have a preference for older women while Char has a preference for younger women? Why is Char mentally unstable while Amuro is mentally stable?
>>
>>15486151
Why would anyone care for Gyunei, Nanai or Quess?
>>
File: 1484556563896.png (229KB, 365x336px) Image search: [Google]
1484556563896.png
229KB, 365x336px
>>15487222
Matilda was the only woman Amuro was interested in that was older than him
The rest Lalah,Sayla,Beltorchika and Chan are all around his age
>>
>When you're a teenager
>Young girls

>When you're an adult
>Older women

>When you're a man
>Big sister

Imagine I wasn't lazy and made one of those "enlightened brain" images
>>
>>15486036
That Tomino is into some sick shit. See also >>15487194.
>>
Like a minute before that Amuro says he couldn't be a father to Quess.
>>
>>15486036
"A mother" is being used metaphorically in this situation to describe the guiding and balancing effect that a good parent's love and attention would have on a child. Char believed that Lalah could have fixed his irreparably fucked up psychological world.
>>
File: Quattro with gun.png (151KB, 424x320px) Image search: [Google]
Quattro with gun.png
151KB, 424x320px
Look, let's lay this out simply.

>Char loses everything early on in life
>Learns to never trust anyone
>Takes on a false identity and spends the rest of his life up to the OYW living a lie and being someone he isn't
>OYW arrives, he meets Lalah
>For the first time since his tragedy he trusts somebody
>Is willing to open up to her completely
>Only to discover she has feelings for his greatest enemy that he's already started forming a complex over
>And then she dies to save his life
>At the hands of his greatest enemy
>And it's ALL HIS FAULT

It was too much trauma at once and it took a fractured man and completely shattered him. At that point, literally the only person left in Char's life that he could be honest with and completely open was Amuro. The man who was his mortal nemesis and killed the closest thing to love he'd ever felt. Think about how fucking awful that must have been.

In Zeta Gundam he tried to heal, and forgive both himself and Amuro, but it was the wrong place and the wrong time. The nature of the war with the Titans compounded his growing hatred of Amuro, himself, and all of humanity and tore away Kamille and AEUG, just as he was beginning to trust them as he'd tried with Lalah. The nigger was completely broken at that point. She wasn't literally a mother to him but she was nurturing him and he was learning from her how to be open with himself again, and losing her was just a repeat of what made him become Char in the first place. He was on a downward spiral his entire life, and the times he tried to pull out of it something smashed into him and sent him back down.
>>
>>15488470
Not bad, but I'd like to throw in my two cents.

>greatest enemy
>mortal nemesis
Even during the OYW Amuro is Char's enemy only in a technical sense though nemesis is OK in a more trivial "Who are you and why do you always have to ruin everything?" way but by the end of MSG and through Zeta Char came to see Amuro as just a regular person like himself, not as some sort of "destined grand archenemy" like some people try to make it out. First he's not that kind of person and second it's not that kind of story so it's a bit silly when people start waxing poetic.
He didn't really hate Amuro or anyone in particular but just his life and the way things were and that they had to be this way. So I can agree with:
>his growing hatred of Amuro, himself, and all of humanity

>for the first time he trusts somebody
>is willing to open up completely
I guess this is passable, but the show explores those themes more deeply than that. For example in this case it's not that Char would ever want to open up to anyone "completely", or that even if he wanted to trust her he really could at the time. The way he feels, the way he thinks he feels and the way he thinks he should feel are different things.
It's not so much about being completely open as about learning to trust by learning to convey your emotions competently by gaining experience through meaningful social interactions. Here I want to make a distinction. When people say:
>learns to never trust anyone
they mean "He hates everyone because he thinks they are mean and want to fuck him over" when in mostly like here it means just that you lack the confidence that you can interact meaningfully. So another important distinction related to this one is between politeness and real intimacy and it is constantly driven home through Zeta.
So saying
>just as he was beginning to trust [AEUG]
is not correct either because he just strove to avoid being close to anyone in order not to hurt them. This is not a way for a person to live.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.