[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope this thing some of its own gimmicks other than being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: C-sHnSJXgAAOFK5.jpg (172KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
C-sHnSJXgAAOFK5.jpg
172KB, 700x933px
I hope this thing some of its own gimmicks other than being Gipsy Danger 2.0
>>
File: 1397443916347.png (61KB, 456x344px) Image search: [Google]
1397443916347.png
61KB, 456x344px
>>15484860
>Airborne Launch System
>>
>>15484860
Two chest lasers?
>>
>>15484860
Wait.
Hol up.
Is that a CAD illustration of Soul of Chogokin Gipsy I'm seeing?
>>
File: C-rXHHYUIAEANK6.jpg large.jpg (302KB, 1206x1202px) Image search: [Google]
C-rXHHYUIAEANK6.jpg large.jpg
302KB, 1206x1202px
Tamashii Nations is doing merchandise for the new Pacific Rim movie. Several product lines.

>>15485589
Yes, and the actual prototype was on display in New York this past weekend.
Also I swear I saw at least 3 threads on this between today and yesterday about this, but I don't see them anymore.
>>
I wish they had gone with Guillermo's original sequel idea that involved a Gipsy Danger 2.0 that was half-Kaiju.
>>
>>15484860

I hope you verb
>>
The more I see and hear about PR 2 the less excited I am for it.
>>
>>15485603

Maybe that will be the big bad. A super secret Mark VII Jeager Made with Kaiju bits. But when it powers on for test number one it dials home to the hive mind. Chaos ensues cause you know, MK VII is super advance very dangerous.
>>
Diablo Intercept when?
>>
>>15485844

If the movie does well enough we might get an anime. A long time ago there were rumors of a show that was set during the height of the kaiju war when all 30 something jeagers were active. There is the very slim chance of a Jeager making a cameo in this new "monsterverse" Legendary is trying to create.

To get any of this you had better pray that China looses its shit over Pacific Rim 2.
>>
>>15485619
Sadly this.
>>
>>15485603
>>15485791

I hope the aliens managed to replicate Gypsy danger but made of alien tech and kaiju organs or some shit, pretty much a bio mech.
>>
>Gypsy Avenger
Boy that sure rolls off the tongue
NOT
>>
>>15485619

When I saw that John Booty was the main character, I sort of gave up. Like, why isn't Raleigh returning?

I hope this bombs.
>>
>>15486022
I'm bummed about it too, but Raleigh isn't returning because the actor decided to do other stuff, so they were kinda stuck with writing him out.
>>
They should have called it Gipsy Panic
>>
>>15486128

And later teams up with Economic Anxious
>>
>>15486022
>>15486123
Del Toro has also got politically preachy. You would think a man who makes a movie about an invading species invading Earth might have a bit more awareness than he has shown.

But good luck getting China on body with the chimpest looking negro in Hollywood. They won't see the film and China was the only thing that held the first movie up enough to allow a sequel.
>>
>>15486470
>But good luck getting China on body with the chimpest looking negro in Hollywood. They won't see the film and China was the only thing that held the first movie up enough to allow a sequel.

THIS!

They're obviously pandering to the chinese market this time, so why would they use Booyahga as the lead if they know that chinese hates blacks?

Is this some american PC police shit... teaching the world frantically that racism is bad?
>>
>>15486479

>is casting a black man in a lead role a desperate attempt at anti-racism and not simply a fitting choice because the lead character is the son of a black man?

People get stupider with each passing day.
>>
>>15486515

How bout not writing a script with a black man as the main character in the first place?
>>
>>15486515
Yes they do and that is why they make comments like yours. There is a clear and obvious agenda being pushed by the media to promote black men and to devalue white men. Movies with black leads do worse than movies with white leads and places like China will straight up boycott black guys in lead roles to the point where they hide them on movie posters.

The writer can have an agenda you know, there is no reason it has to be Stacker's kid as the lead. And if there was no agenda except to make money then they would never pick this. So ask yourself, why would you alienate your largest market by picking something they will boycott? It doesn't make sense from a business stand point, which means there has to be some other agenda behind it. The agenda we know because they openly discuss it and that is to replace whites with non-whites and especially blacks.
>>
>>15486515
Take a look at Idris Elba and then take a look at his "son". Unless Idris knocked up King Kong there is no way his kid is going to be that ugly. He looks like an abo
>>
>>15486546

You post like a woman.
>>
>>15486546

Okay, I'm interested in a real talk, so how about we drop the discussion of first-world problems and 'muh white genocide' and talk properly?

>no reason

A reason was given earlier, I believe - Hunnam had other commitments, and the conclusion they likely reached was that with Boyega's rising prominence as an action star - and with a black British character having existed in the first film - he'd be a good fit for Stacker's kid.

>movies with black leads do worse

I'll ask for a citation or several here, and the number of films with white leads already significantly outnumbers films with black leads in them to begin with.

>China will boycott black guys in lead roles

Citation needed, because the only recent example I've seen of that is, funnily enough, in relation to SW VII. And yeah, Boyega was downsized, I'll admit that. He wasn't removed from posters.
>>
>>15486479
>>15486515
yall some dumbasses
>>
>>15486515
Not as stupid as Elba suddenly having a son he never had before
>>
File: 1492388903736.png (280KB, 410x434px) Image search: [Google]
1492388903736.png
280KB, 410x434px
>>15486546
>Someone typed this, looked it over, was satisfied with it, filled out the captcha and hit Post so the whole world could see it
>>
>>15486566
>Black
>British

Pick one.

Of course the number of white leads is more than black leads. They sell better as pointed out but are you too stupid to understand this?

China took one of the main characters and made him look like a cameo at the back of the poster for the fun of it. I mean why wouldn't you pay a photoshop artist a shit tone of money to make changes to the poster when you could leave it as it was and it would make no difference? Use your fucking head retard.
>>
>>15486588
You are right now advocating that all content creators should create exactly what the largest audience demands of them at the expense of what they want to make. Making money from your art, as you are saying, is more important than the art and worth subverting it for. In your mad quest to stop black people from being things you have become a consumerist sheep.
>>
>>15486600
This is a really weird angle for racists to take, as they're essentially admitting their own inferiority and lack of value relative to the Chinese.
>>
>>15486546
please go back to /pol/ with this delusional shit
>>
>>15486600
We both know that Hollywood is not about the art. You don't get to be artsy fartsy when you're putting that much money on the line. Especially not when the 1st film was a failure until China got involved. Then China make it profitable enough for a sequel.

So I ask you again. Why alienate your core demographic you know will boycott movies with black leads? The demographic you need on board to make money.
>>
File: tumblr_oda1e6ZO1X1rn6c38o1_1280.jpg (945KB, 928x1312px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oda1e6ZO1X1rn6c38o1_1280.jpg
945KB, 928x1312px
First they took our wymenz, now the took our /m/
>>
>>15486621
>You don't get to be artsy fartsy when you're putting that much money on the line
If you don't then explain to me how he was allowed to make such a profit-destroying move as you call it.
>>
>>15486588
>Black
>British
>Pick one.
No you don't? There's black people besides in America and Africa.

The issue is why pick him just because he's black British, if that's the reason. Idris Elba's character is American and he looks nothing like Boyega. I imagine it's to market on PC crowds and also to ride on his success from Star Wars.
>>
>>15486621
>We both know
Nice careful phrasing to try and frame the conversation within your own worldview.
>>
>>15486629
>I imagine it's to market on PC crowds and also to ride on his success from Star Wars.
He's a popular actor that's been in a bunch of shit recently, and if you knew anything about the guy you'd know that's because he auditions for fucking everything. He got picked because he went for the part and del Toro apparently liked his audition.
>>
>>15486632
>He got picked because he went for the part and del Toro apparently liked his audition.
Del Toro isn't attached to the project, the biggest reason I have no hope for it.

I know he used to apply to everything back when Attack the Block was his biggest film but I figured he would dial that back with Star Wars. He's a fine actor but it irks me that he's the lead role rather than just making Mako the lead rather than the secondary protagonist like she was in the first film. It's also concerning that the way billing and set shots have been, it looks like Mako it's a secondary character now or worst case scenario a cameo. Give me more Rinko, dammit.
>>
>>15486626
Stacker was the best part of the movie. Edris is one of the few black actors worth watching because he can carry a movie. Notice how I never said all black actors are bad, some of them are actually good. This fucker even turned down James Bond because he said he didn't want to be defined as "the black Bond". He wanted to stand on his own feet.

>>15486629
Being born in a country does not make you part of that ethnic group. There are no black British people. There never has been and there never will be.

>>15486628
http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/doctor-whos-steven-moffat-to-tackle-whitewashing-in-new-episode-a3526046.html

Have an open confession from the BBC. They purposefully misrepresent history to include more diversity. They do it because "it's progressive". Is that enough evidence for you that there might be people pushing an agenda or is the biggest TV show on one of the biggest TV networks in the world not enough for you?
>>
>>15486632
So he's trying to become the next Samuel L. Jackson?
I really have no clue why people hate him. He's probably one of or the only reason we're getting a campaign in the next EA Battlefront game
>>
>>15486645
He looks like an abo and he can't act to save his life. His break out film is considered to be "attack of the block", where he doesn't stand out in the slightest.

He's also in everything as people have pointed out when he clearly isn't up to the roles he's being given. Elba in all those movies would work. Samuel L Jackson would also work. Morgan Freeman is again in a lot of movies but not hated. They're quality actors, he is a diversity hire in the era of every movie needing a black man lead or it gets nailed to the wall by social media shit fits and the media pushing that as if it's a real story.
>>
>>15486645

He's really ugly. If he looked like Will Smith or Denzel Washington, he'd be a lot more acceptable, but he looks like an ape.
>>
>>15486642
>http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/doctor-whos-steven-moffat-to-tackle-whitewashing-in-new-episode-a3526046.html
Gee, the BBC is hot garbage? What groundbreaking, redpilled news you bring us. Surely nobody here had been aware of that for decades.
>>
>>15486642
>Being born in a country does not make you part of that ethnic group.
Ethnicity and race aren't the same thing, you dumb faggot. Ethnicity literally is a societal construct done to group people by broad subjects such as social status, religion, location, allegiances, and various other criteria. Stop talking like you are an anthropologist because you go to /pol/, I agree that I feel there's an agenda in pushing Boyega but insinuating that British =! Black is just literal idiocy.
>>
>>15486656
>>15486650
If he's so fucking ugly, then post your faces. You must at least be prettier than him if it matters so much to you. Ron Perlman is as ugly as all the sins of man and he still gets to be an actor, do you want him gone too?
>>
>>15486659
Ethnicity and race are exactly the same thing. Stop your bullshit post modernist definitions of things.

>>15486658
So you admit the media has an active interest in pushing a narrative? At that point my point that Abo boy is a diversity hire to add more blacks becomes a reasonable statement.

>>15486662
Ron Paulman can act. He plays his roles very well and his looks often add to the type of character he plays. It's almost like being deformed and ugly was part of his character in the first movie. Go figure on that one.

>You're not allowed to say my food tastes bad unless you can cook a 5 star meal
Nice logic. Doesn't work faggot.
>>
>>15486546

Basically this. For some reason, there's been a big push to have more women and people of color in lead roles. It feels like they're desperately trying to make it acceptable and commonplace.

I'm not sure why they're trying to do that. It seems like diversity got a big push during the Obama years. As a Chinese, I have no real stake in the game, but I'll say this - I rather watch a Caucasian hero than black men or women. Those stories don't appeal to us as much.

The West's obsession with self-flagellation never made any sense to me. Over here, homosexuals are shunned. My cousin was disowned by her parents because she was too close to another girl. She eventually came crying back to them, and married an electrical engineer.
>>
>>15486669
>the media
/pol/'s biggest fucking weakness is they can't see the trees for the forest. Nothing can be the fault of a stupid person, it must be the work of some secret cabal.
>>
>>15486662

> If he's so fucking ugly, then post your faces. You must at least be prettier than him if it matters so much to you.

What a weird argument. I could have a face like a dog's bottom, and it wouldn't change the fact that John what's-his-name looks like a racist caricature of a black man.

Face it, he's ugly. That affects his value as a star, especially for people who aren't interested in diversity.
>>
>>15486674
You do understand TV networks and content producers work together to produce content correct? It's not like it's a shock to find out that companies like the BBC will encourage people to produce things they want to show. If they want to show 100 black dicks swinging in the wind they will suggest Hollywood start making them.

It's not a secret cabal, they put their names right at the end of everything they make. You can cross reference the names and companies and see how they interconnect. You know the way Idris Elba worked on Pacific Rim but also worked on Luther for the BBC? Yea, might be those two groups are made up of the same people. You can tell this when THE SAME PEOPLE appear in both things.
>>
>>15486671
>I'm not sure why they're trying to do that.
I can tell you why. Naturally you get some crazies involved but for the most part people want to push diversity because people like >>15486669 exist who oppose any woman or minority in any capacity. The people pushing for minority don't want that to be the norm, so they hope that by showing these people on the television constantly, in roles normally reserved in the past for white men, more people growing up will see them as normal and not be so upset all the time. It's like the propaganda in your nation but the goal is to get you to stop hating certain groups, instead of getting you to stop asking where your tiger-flavored aphrodisiacs come from.
>>
>>15486669
>Ethnicity and race are exactly the same thing. Stop your bullshit post modernist definitions of things.
No it's not, you troglodyte. Ethnicity is more than just your race. According to you there is no British ethnicity because the British were originally the Anglo-Saxons from fucking Germany and there is no such thing as an American ethnicity unless you are native American, even then no since its theorized that America was settled by Asians who crossed the frozen berring straight.
>>
>>15486674

Uh, that's notably untrue. No man is an island. People are affected by trends and by social pressures. They're moving towards diversity because it's the hip thing to do.

Fortunately, the pendulum's swung back. Not all the way, but there's been a pushback that is being felt. I'm hoping Trump or some lackey gets a second term, so all the wind can be taken out of their sails. Eight years of Republican rule is long enough for a whole generation to grow up disillusioned.
>>
>>15486686
Nice strawman faggot.

Notice where I pointed out 4 different black actors who are good actors and deserve their jobs. Notice I pointed out pacific rim is carried by a black man.

It's like anti-racists are the stupidest people on the planet. It would take work to be this dumb.
>>
>>15486686

To be fair, Asian culture considers men to be naturally superior to women. I personally dislike Muslims and black people, because both are forces for social disruption. In China, we make sure to oppress them, instead of letting them go their own way.
>>
>>15486699
>muh native Americans.

They're not natives. You're calling people a troglodyte while using massive out of date information. I don't see the point of responding to someone who can't make a bit of sense because they're so ill informed.
>>
>>15486700
>Notice where I pointed out 4 different black actors who are good actors and deserve their jobs
4 hyper-mainstream actors you'd have been crucified even by literal racists for not noting as exceptions.
>>
Hate not the race or background, but the specific people within them that do things you do not like
>>
>>15486703
Oh boy you picked out the fact that I included in my argument to prove that technically no American or British ethnicity exists according to you. Stop pretending to be an academic when you use definitions that only suit your agenda, you're no better than the people you are whining about you imbecilic child.
>>
>>15486704
I am a literal racist. Doesn't mean I can't point out when someone does a good job.

Did you know Jackie Chan is a shit actor? You did! Wow, must be a racist too. Oh wait Jackie Chan's a stunt man who does an amazing jo.. I MEAN WHITE POWER! FUCK THE CHINKS! WE WAZ ROMANZ AND SHEEEIT
>>
>>15486713
>Academic people don't use definitions to suit their agenda
Did you know racism is prejudice + power?
>>
>/pol/shit outside of containment
>>
>>15486720

You gotta be careful there, man. If you reject all viewpoints except liberal ones, you drive people into the welcoming arms of the alt-right.
>>
File: 1491055758157.png (114KB, 449x481px) Image search: [Google]
1491055758157.png
114KB, 449x481px
>>15486717
>Academic people don't use definitions to suit their agenda
>Did you know racism is prejudice + power?
Wow first cherry picking and now both goal post moving AND strawman arguments? You really showed me.
>>
>>15486671

> My cousin was disowned by her parents because she was too close to another girl. She eventually came crying back to them, and married an electrical engineer.

That's horrific. What happened to her?
>>
>>15486780

She's had two kids, a son and daughter. She doesn't talk to me much, but her parents are really grateful that I told them about her girlfriend, so I'm always welcome at their house.
>>
>>15486785
>>15486671
Talk about really shitty parents
>>
>>15486814
>Parents don't want their child being miserable in domestically abusive relationships that end their genetic line.

I know, what terrible people. How dare they teach their kids not to behave poorly.
>>
>>15486834

>domestically abusive

If you're the same person, nothing of the very limited information you've given about this girl's relationship with another girl even hints at abuse.
>>
>>15486724
Anyone who's "being driven to the alt-right" was already there, so fuck it, let 'em out themselves. I'm tired of coddling /pol/tards who get their feefees hurt by seeing the scary black people and women on the television.
>>
>>15486840
Lesbian relationships have the highest levels of domestic violence.

>>15486849
>straw manning this hard
The Alt right is a response to faggots like you trying to get whites murdered. Might want to take a look at what happens to xenophile societies. They die on their knees.
>>
File: (Frown).jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
(Frown).jpg
74KB, 960x720px
>thread about giant robot descends into /pol/shit
usually /m/ is better than this
>>
>>15487104
>Thread about movie descends into discussing the movie's casting.
>>
>>15486022
Really? Fuck.
I hate it when movies switch out the protagonist for no apparent reason. Lost a lot of interest.
>>
>>15487145
What makes it worse is, unlike Raleigh's actor, Mako's actress is available and is in the film but has been demoted from secondary starring role to who knows what. Why not make her the star?
>>
>>15486022
>>15486479
Without Boyega (who is a big fan of the original movie by the way), and his Star Wars fame, the sequel would never get out of development hell. If I recall correctly it was HIM who offered that he star in the movie, in exchange for being allowed to co-produce it.
>>
>>15487104
/pol/ is the new /b/. They're retards that pollute everything on this website by forcing their stupid shit down everybody's throats. They're like furries, they can't fucking shut up about their obsession. No one likes them, we just try to tolerate their bullshit.

>>15487117
Stop trying to act innocent, you fucking moron.
>>
>>15487367
No he's a nigger. There's no way he could actually be helpful in any way. He's just trying to steal roles he wasn't meant for. t./pol/
>>
>>15485884
>better hope China loses its shit
Well the designs are b-movie tier this go around so far so we are half way to that as it is.
>>
>>15487367
If that's true then it's his blame that the movie is being made by a Hollywood committee. With almost none of the original talent in the writing, directing, or production staff the series lacks the creative spark the original had. What is most important to a sequel is not just continuing the franchise but keeping on the same staff.

If I remember correctly the film has five writers, and I can't think of any film that was well done with more than 2-3 writers.
>>
>>15485596
Will TN do one for the previos movie. The first movie got fuck all asides from a few shity neca toys.
>>
Shut the fuck up toast walrus
>>
>>15487412
Jesus, no kidding.

I thought the racist dumbass who piloted Verde Buster was stupid-ass writing, but apparently there are people IRL dumber than him.

Can't believe our board is /pol/luted with these foolish racists.
>>
The only thing I want from this movie is more involvement from the Japanese in-story, seeing as the original is a love letter to the genre they contributed so much to
>>
>>15492284

The movie made more money in Mexico, South-Korea and Australia than in Japan. They let us down, so fuck em.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.