[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: explain this bullshit.jpg (86KB, 794x458px) Image search: [Google]
explain this bullshit.jpg
86KB, 794x458px
?
>>
I know, it's unrealistic for a Capule to lose to some random GM.
>>
It ain't gonna cut shit unless pressure is applied

if the armor was so unable to resist heat that it would melt like butter without needing to apply force with a beam sabre, they would still be using heat blades and not bother to upgrade to beam sabres
>>
Nemo stabbed Kapool while Kapool cuts off Nemo's arm. What's there to explain?
>>
>>15484160
Don't beam sabers need power from the mobile suit to work?
>>
>>15484160
How can beamsaber stick????
>>
>>15484164
I would guess they are charged while in the mobile suit. You see them clearly attached in their back as if it's a charging station. I'm sure it can be activated for awhile.
>>
>>15484164
The are recharged by the suit while sheathed. How else was Kamille able to do that BEAM CONFUSE thing?
>>
>>15484160
Why is it standing up like it's a real sword?
>>
>>15484175
Do you expect it to pass through the mobile suit like it's a ghost sword?
>>
>>15484157
beam saber's safety disconnect probably got damaged, it'll drop once its e-cap is dry
>>
>>15484180
It should fall over, the beam isn't solid.
>>
File: Gato beam sabre toss decoy.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Gato beam sabre toss decoy.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>15484164
Not always. In the original series, Amuro had a beam sabre that that when set up as a javelin, he could throw at enemies.

Gato drops a lit beam sabre to use as a decoy in the final duel between GP01Fb and GP02A.

In Zeta, there's an episode where Yazan grabs a Gelgoog's beam naginata to defend himself with. After 7 years, it just barely held a charge and it couldn't hold up to the Zeta's sabre. It wouldn't have been weak if it were powered by the MS, and then they would have had to explain why a state of the art Federation model can interface with an "ancient" Zeon model's beam weapons.
>>
>>15484185
Yes it is. The blade is held in place with an I-field. How do you think it keeps it shape if it's not a solid?
>>
>>15484157
Good thing it lost to a Nemo.
>>
>>15484200
It's like a blowtorch
>>
>>15484196
Then there's the Zeta Movies have Kamille throw a beam saber, and shoot at it to disperse his shots and take out funnels.

The only time I remember UC MS needing to plug into the hand to work properly with the Ground Gundam, after that it seems they only need a recharge and anything can use it until it's out of juice.
>>
File: Zeta beam confuse.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zeta beam confuse.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15484217
Maybe the Ground Gundam had a prototype beam sabre since it was one of their first models. But yes, you're right about the Zeta movies.

I'll see if I can find the scene from 08th MS Team.

>>15484215
No it's not. If it was, then that means you could wave the beam sabre over something without cutting it if it was a formless flame jet of fuel being burned to make the flame. Also, blowtorches wouldn't work in space because there's no oxygen to burn, so if a beam sabre was like a blowtorch, then it would need an oxygen tank to feed into the flame, but beam sabres run off an rechargeable electric battery or sometimes a mobile suit reactor. Beam sabre blades are stated to be plasma, and they don't burn a fuel to create a beam sabre's blade.
>>
>>15484246
I didn't say it was literally a blowtorch, i said it worked like one.
Are you autistic?
>>
>>15484196
Also in the first episode, he impales a Zaku and holds it on the sabre mid-air until it explodes iirc.

It's always been this way.
>>
>>15484254
Are you autistic? It doesn't even work like one.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (12KB, 361x31px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
12KB, 361x31px
>>15484254
I never said you said it was a literal blowtorch. But all blowtorches burn a fuel to create a jet flame. If you didn't mean that it burns a fuel, then what did you mean?
>>
File: beam sabre power connector.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
beam sabre power connector.webm
2MB, 960x720px
>>15484246
>>
File: Gundam_08th_MS_Team_7_8.png (333KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_08th_MS_Team_7_8.png
333KB, 720x540px
>>15484284
Diffrent Anon here but they do indeed work like a blowtorch.

For example in episode 7 of 08th MS team Shiro created a hot spring by lowering the power output on his gundam's beam saber creating a small blue beam and using it to melt ice for him and Aina. This is the same way you change the pressure/oxygen on a blowtorch to change its heat and flame size.
>>
>>15484315
This anon beat me to it
>>
>>15484321
>This is the same way you change the pressure/oxygen on a blowtorch to change its heat and flame size.
We know both are adjustable, but that's not the point, I thought we were talking about how it holds its shape? Like, in the OP, the beam sabre is standing upright like a solid blade, but if it were a blowtorch, it couldn't stand on that because fire isn't solid, no matter how adjustable it is?
>>
File: mountain.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
>>15484315
08th also had this. It's a garbage show.

Also, an exposed and fixed pin-out connector like that would break instantly in any tough condition and force the Gundam to hold the saber only one way even though we see it held other ways in the same show.
>>
>>15484315
This doesn't prove that the saber needed power from the mech to work though. Obviously to turn a beam saber on in the first place and then do something like control the strength of the beam, you would need the MS to interface with it somehow. However after turning it on there are many examples of being able to leave it on and let go of the weapon. It clearly has some kind of ecap that would be recharged by the mech as with the beam spray gun etc.
>>
>>15484158

It not being able to cut through doesn't change the fact that the blade is not a fucking solid object.

Take a blow charge and begin to push it at a wall. Even if the flame can't melt through the wall the torch is still going to push flush against the wall.
>>
File: Apsalus pressure blast.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Apsalus pressure blast.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>15484411
>Three Dom reactors are more powerful than whatever Big Zam is packing

Don't forget 08th MS Team writers deciding that the minovsky craft on the Apsalus could do more than levitation. White Base, the Adzam, the Victory Gundam, and various other machines still needed rockets and rotors or some kind of thrust to move themselves around, but the Apsalus did all that without needing rockets.

It can also do that weird thing where it suddenly builds up energy below the body and creates an air pressure blast, flattening an entire forest by itself. I have no fucking idea how the minovsky craft is supposed to do that, since it's said to not have any weapons.
>>
>The name Beam Saber is somewhat of a misnomer as, unlike other weapons with the word beam, the beam saber does not use mega-particles. Instead, it emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The Minovsky particles are stored by E-cap in the hilt of the beam saber, which is recharged from the mobile suit's reactor when the saber is returned to its socket. Once activated, beam sabers do not rely on the mobile suit's reactor and can be thrown or discarded as decoys.

>The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. Likewise, as the beam saber's I-field enclosure repels plasma, it not only keeps the blade's plasma in but also keeps plasma from another blade out allowing one beam saber to be used to block another.
>>
File: beam javelin trap.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beam javelin trap.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15484464
>Even if the flame can't melt through the wall the torch is still going to push flush against the wall.
But we've never seen a beam sabre's blade push flush against a surface it can't cut. Every time it strikes something, it acts like a solid object because it's being held in place by an some kind of force field that keeps the plasma where it is and in more or less the same shape, but allows heat from the sabre to pass into the object it strikes.

Two opposing beam sabres hitting each other don't result in the blades passing through each other formlessly, nor do the blades bend or merge. There have been instances where beam plasma from the same machine can merge, but I'm sure Uso does it on purpose.
>>
>>15484246

Zeta has a beam boomerang?
>>
File: beam boomerang.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beam boomerang.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15484487
No, it's just a spinning sabre. Uso improvised a beam boomerang once.
>>
>>15484147
>>15484157
It didn't even stab the cockpit.
>>
>>15484499
Maybe it hit the reactor? It's more or less poking through the machine's centre mass.
>>
>>15484503
Where's the reactor on a MS?
Because I always thought it was in the center of the body but they always stab them with the beam sabers in that place saying that's how you avoid damaging it so it doesn't explodes
>>
>>15484523
>but they always stab them with the beam sabers in that place saying that's how you avoid damaging it so it doesn't explodes
The placement of the reactor changes for different designs. But avoiding damage so it doesn't explode? In those cases they must be trying for a precision stab to the cockpit to kill the pilot.
>>
>>15484529
It was brought up in Victory, they wanted to disable the MS rather than destroying them since the explosion of the reactors would harm the environment
And I think it also gets brought up in previous series when they are fighting inside a colony so that the explosion doesn't heavily damaged it
>>
>>15484485
I always thought that they did merge, it was just minor. The point where two sabers clash tends to have a little glowing orb around it as a special effect, I figured that the in-universe rationale for that effect was plasma pooling together. It's just not enough of a merger that the mobile suits can't pull them back apart again.
>>
>>15484468

The cannon on the Apsalus was also more advanced than Big Zam's wasn't it?
>>
>>15484464
A blow torch doesn't have an exotic particle field serving to confine it through magnetic interactions. The plasma in a beam saber is pressurized, it has a lot more force than the streamer from a blow torch.
>>
>>15484558
I thought that was just two streams of high energy stuff clashing with each other. It also happens in a lot of other Gundam shows that don't have their technological basis in UC, so I never paid the glowing orb thing much attention.

>>15484559
Apparently so. It was able to be controlled with extreme precision so that it could produce a thin beam that could be fired at any angle out of the beam emitter, and on high power it vaporized through what must have been millions of tons of rocks, soil, and the rest of the mountain.

Of course, the original point of the Apsalus was to be a giant flying mega particle cannon that could break through the ground with its cannon to reach the deep underground base of Jaburo, but I thought that would take multiple shots or at least open up a route to invade Jaburo with. Very little else in UC has destructive potential on par with that display, that's something I expect the satellite cannon to be able to do, not the mega particle cannons of 0079 powered by the equivalent of three Doms.
>>
>>15484558
>>15484619
Beam sabers are made of superheated Minovsky particle plasma *contained by an i-field.* The spherical effect you see during beamsaber clashes is the two i-fields repelling each other.

Likewise Heat Hawks and other Zeon heat weapons produce an electromagnetic field similar enough to an i-field that they can repel/clash with beamsabers the same way.

For whatever sci-fi reason, the cohesion of a beam saber's blade is similar to that of a solid material. For example if you start to cut something very strong/dense with it, the speed of the cut is determined by how fast it melts through the material rather than by how fast the MS' arm moves. Or as others have pointed out, if you stab something with it (this happens in the Kshatriya fight too) it will stick out and the handle remains supported.

As much as it looks like a kind of flame, a beam saber does not have the behavioral properties of one at all.
>>
>>15484857
Oh yeah, totally forgot that there was the scene of a ReZEL being skewered with a beam sabre inside the colony fight of OVA episode 1, and the beam sabre didn't fall away either.

Similarly in OVA episode 2, the Unicorn stabbed the Kshatriya with two sabres and both stayed in there too.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.