[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things that aren't just for show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Sem título.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
2MB, 1366x768px
what do they mean by this?

why are so many gundam related things "not just for show"?
>>
>>15482630
It means they aren't just there for the fuck of it.
>>
File: cLmCjAA.png (576KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
cLmCjAA.png
576KB, 640x955px
>>15482630
Who is in the wrong?
>>
>>15482630
>toy commercial show has a saying where in a character claims that thier mobile suit (that you can buy a model of) doesn't just look cool but is also a competent machine

Wow, I couldn't tell you why OP.
>>
>>15482696
Why does so much of /m/ forget that Gundam is a toy commercial?
>>
>>15482709
muh adult war drama for adult like muhself
>>
>>15482693

However the phrase was really popularized by Amuro in CCA while using the Nu Gundam. It's often reused in gunpla commercials often spoken by Furuya himself.
>>
>>15482779
Where in CCA does he say it? I recall someone going through the movie specifically looking for that phrase and they couldn't find it. The dub uses a different phrase as well, so it couldn't come from that.
>>
>>15482818

I don't know how he missed it, because as I recall he says it just before he tries to push Axis back.
>>
>>15482818
Right before Axis Shock.
The subs and dub obviously translated it differently.
>>
>>15482818
Give me a minute. I can find it by extracting the subtitle file and pressing Ctrl+F.
>>
>>15482693
The Zeong got wrecked. Atlas did not.
>>
>>15482818
>>15482831
>>15482834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XlKqr--U1E
at 7.04
>>
File: Wufei.png (345KB, 871x718px) Image search: [Google]
Wufei.png
345KB, 871x718px
>>15482850

I like it
>>
>>15483263
That's not the exact line though. I'm specifically looking for the "This Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" line that's often quoted. That specific translation must have come from somewhere.
>>
>>15482693
That guy is retarded. Leg units have vernier thrusters that allow for higher degrees of maneuverability and speed.
That's why Zeong got fucked.
>>
>>15484447
It kinda is, the subs didn't translate it literally. I think he's saying the Nu Gundam isn't for vanity.
>>
>>15482630

>>literally the entire MS development cycle is that the humanoid form is somehow a superior weapon

>>legs amirite

Gundam is retarded.
>>
>>15484477
That mechanic must be from /m/
>>
>>15484447
You can hear him say "Nu Gundam wa datte ja nai" at that time index. 「νガンダムは伊達じゃない!」 is the phrase.

If you're looking for the English quote of "This Nu Gundam isn't just for show!", then that comes from the English dub. Just watch that scene's English dub. I'd link you to it, but I can't find it on youtube and I'd rather not go to kissanime or something.

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/nu-gundam-isnt-just-for-show/

There's that sound clip from the English dub at least, so you know it's an actual thing.
>>
>>15484525
Pretty sure that's from a game. In the dub he says the same thing as the subs, "You're underestimating Nu Gundam!"
>>
>>15484527
Fuck me, you're right. I just checked the English dub of CCA, and he doesn't say that. I made an incorrect assumption.

Same voice actor though, it seems.
>>
>>15482709
It's not like it matters if it's a toy commercial, most anime are just manga commercials, some movies are book commercials. It doesn't automatically invalidate it as a form of art just because the creator's gain some monetary compensation off of it.
>>
>>15482746
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.