[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: earthfederation.png (241KB, 460x493px) Image search: [Google]
earthfederation.png
241KB, 460x493px
Why was the Earth Federation so incompetent?
>>
>>15482005
How else are the little guys gonna stand a chance?

The only way to beat them is to be smaller.
>>
Because the Titans and those who supported them were disposed of, leaving only the ones who'd give away colonies to Zeons.

Even though the AEUG's cause was just, they really fucked up the course of the Universal Century.
>>
>>15482005
If Trump were elected PM of the federation would he stop Char's Counterattack?
>>
>>15482005
Feds needed the money to support their welfare since they had a massive refugee crisis in CCA
And they thought Char actually surrender when they saw the dummy ships
>>
File: 1492997097625.jpg (105KB, 580x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1492997097625.jpg
105KB, 580x1012px
>>15482005
>space mining is available
>somehow char buys the axis with gold
I seriously hope someone was fired for this blunder
>>
>>15482554
Colonies like Sweetwater are in a better position to mine asteroids. And it's not like the federation can just excessively tax the friendly colonies to pay for the Earth's welfare, that's how you get more genocidal spacenoids waging independence wars and wiping out half of humanity.
>>
I actually think Char's Counterattack is one of the more positive representations of the Federation in UC. Arguably the best, given that they barely exist in F91 and while the military arm in Victory is more heroic the political arm is worse. In Char's Counterattack they negotiate with Char despite his terrorism and only authorize Londo Bell to investigate Char and act if he breaks the deal, they're mostly motivated by a desire to not have another space war and to pay for welfare schemes, they offer jobs in the military to all members of Neo Zeon if they surrender since those people will lose their income according to Char and the military are eager to act and willing to sacrifice themselves en masse to help protect Earth in the finale.

You can argue that they shouldn't have negotiated with Char at all or that they were being greedy, but Char was threatening the colonies with destruction if they didn't and the only time the money is discussed it's immediately slated for welfare payments, so those arguments are fairly toothless in my opinion. The Federation in Char's Counterattack has none of the pettiness of 0079, the callousness of Zeta or the greed of ZZ. Tomino probably wanted them to mind, given the man hunter's brief, appearance; but all they do is beat up Quess' friends, not kill them so it never really happened in my opinion.

>>15482169

The course of UC was laid years before the AEUG even existed. As soon as the One Year War started the Federation was ready to capitulate to a numerically inferior foe because of shock and awe tactics, making them viable again in future and the Federation's rulers made no efforts post One Year War to resolve the various things causing uprising through diplomacy or policy. People knew they could hurt the Federation martially because of Zeon, and the Federation did nothing to persuade them otherwise. The One Year War is also the main cause of all of the Federation's monetary woes. AEUG had nothing to do with it.
>>
File: 13793410.jpg (157KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
13793410.jpg
157KB, 400x400px
>>15482169

Or it was the opposite: the Titans sought an alliance with Neo-Zeon after all--maybe enough former Titans were left in the government to more discreetly shape policy.
>>
Why does zeon keep losing to them?
>>
>>15482201
>Trump
>Not being manipulated by the last people who he meets with.
>No one in the world oozes charisma like Char.
>Trump meeting Char
Char would play him like a fiddle and probably get more concessions than the Feddies already gave him.
>>
File: 1330828729379.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1330828729379.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>15485712
>implying Trump isn't Scirocco playing other people on his own side against each other with his high charisma to produce results for him, but they're all incompetent aside from one or two aces
>>
>>15485712
>>15485752
>implying people who think of real politics and compare them to fictional stories aren't autistic
>>
File: 1353295798036.jpg (53KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
1353295798036.jpg
53KB, 640x370px
>>15485753
where do you think you are?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.