[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pacific Rim 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170429_124949.jpg (248KB, 606x1460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_124949.jpg
248KB, 606x1460px
http://www.pacificrim2-movie.com/news/pacific-rim-2-gipsy-avenger-specs-design-unveiled

I think it looks good. How about you?
>>
>>15480705
i find it uninspired.
the secondary tiny vent seems useless, if you have a huge exhaust vent , why not redirect the secondary source to the main venting fan , reducing the need for another moving piece of equipment that will require mainenance...

other than that just seems like a gipsy danger trying to emulate the shape of strike eureka...
>>
>>15480705
whatever

it's a scifi robot thing that looks like a toy

we got plenty of those in our chinese cartoons already

Also it doesn't look female enough.
Remember that Gypsy is officially a girl
>>
>>15480705
It looks like garbage... Like some generic mech for a syfy original.

>>15480725
What is it with you white people and inserting women into absolutely everything?
>>
>>15480750
I'm not inserting anything
Gypsy IS a girl
>>
>>15480750
>Like some generic mech for a syfy original.

This is my biggest concern.

Maybe being in color with save it somehow, but all of the original PacRim bots were visually distinctive as hell. I could never confuse Gipsy Danger with any other mech.

The chest and body of this certainly seem jeager-ish, but the head is supremely generic. It looks more like the sort of mech that the good guys have to fight 5 of at once. A mook machine.

It feels like an imitation of Pacific Rim's style done by someone who doesn't really understand the process or why people liked the first one. Which is really insulting, given that Pacific Rim had like 20 different Jeager designs that didn't even make it into the movie that they could have ripped off for free instead and ended up with a better mech.
>>
>>15480725
>>15480762
GIPSY. It's GIPSY.
>>
>>15480766
it looks more cartoonish than the original design, which looked more industrial

I thought you hated industrial designs and loved cartoonish designs.
>>
>>15480750
stop with the ellipsis you fucking redditors
>>
>>15480705
I love that it's a mech in a hollywood film that's not panels and metal chunks everywhere
>>
>>15480705
Would be a big slap in the face if Finn was piloting this instead of Mako.
>>
File: monkeypaw.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
monkeypaw.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>15480766

Its the price we have to pay for upsetting the Gypsies.
>>
>>15480750
what's with you and assuming everyone that disagrees with you is white?
>>
>>15480705
Looks alright.

>>15480782
Considering how /m/ usually is, it would be the other way around. Alternatively, /m/ has no idea of what it actually wants.
>>
>>15480705
It sucked the soul out of it. Removed everything interesting and it just looks like a big toy now. It is like how the rest of the film is looking, without Del Taco and the other people that had passion in making the first one it's just coming off as an inspired mess of a movie. The worst part is it will probably get more merchandising and will be more successful than the first one despite being a corporate by the numbers movie.
>>
>>15480770
You shouldn't say that racial slur.
>>
>>15480705
looks cool enough honestly.
>>
It doesn't do very much to distinguish itself from its predecessor. All of the original Jaegers had unique silhouettes and a ton of character. This just looks like they took Gipsy Danger and changed a few bits.
>>
>>15480890
Maybe that's what they did in story
>>
i dont get at all the ''looks like a toy''

if the first one didn,t and then had toys made of it, then how does this stupid phrase even work

looks more like it has some aspects of that australian mech mixed into its new design, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>15480725
>>15480762
Jesus fucking christ, end this meme. Gipsy is no more "female" than a motherfucking BOAT, you idiots. They say "she" because it's a giant fucking machine - it's a romantic expression. Obviously it's based off the proportions of a man. Fuck you.
>>
>>15480899
that's redditors for you. fucking dolts. i dont understand how nobody chimed in about this immediately upon seeing such stupid confusion.
>>
It's not that it looks like a toy, it's that it looks like something a cheap no-name toy would look like.

It has no identity. Gipsy had the football linebacker thing going on. Cherno and Typhoon weren't as well designed but they at least interesting gimmicks, like the big hat and triple arms to make up for their lack of motif.

But in this case this new Gipsy Avenger is boring as hell. It's Gipsy stripped of the look that made it uniquely American. I mean give it a fucking cowboy hat, revolvers, make it tacticool and jet black with gold sunglasses, something.
>>
>>15480910
except it wasnt american.
>>
Gipsy Danger
>mix between a WW2 bomber and a cowboy

Cherno Alpha
>mix between a nuclear power plant and a boxer

Crimson Typhoon
>mix between a sportscar and a shaolin monk

Striker Eureka
>mix between a space shuttle and a footballer

Gipsy Avenger
>hes like Iron-Man, but with a blue paint job
>>
>>15480914
Yes it fucking was. It was built in Alaska. It's the mech America built.
>>
>>15480766
The director has basically said that he wanted to work on this because it's as close as he'll get to making to transformers movie that he always wanted.
>>
It just looks like an upgraded Gipsy to me. You people are trying way too fucking hard to find problems with it.
>>
>>15480923
oh yea wups, which one was german then? i remember one being german or some shit and confused as american or something along those lines
>>
>>15480928
exactly, but /m/ is shit now so what else is there to expect? everyone complains more than reddit pats themselves on the back with positive karmapoints.
>>
>>15480934
>German
>In the rim of Pacific ocean
wat
>>
>>15480934

Germany developed the Jaeger Program... thats why the mechs are called Jaeger.
>>
>>15480928
Agreed.
>>
>>15480949
The project lead is German but in comics an American is the one who proposes the idea of Jaegers and the name IIRC. Not sure why we'd trust Germans to lead such things nowadays though. Their engineering has fallen behind the US and Japan in various fields, such as military and automotive.
>>
I don't see what the big deal is, it looks just as generic, bland and nothingy as the first Gipsy.

>adurf durf looks like a toy
Y'all don't have a fucking clue, do you? Gundams look like toys. This looks like what it is; a characterless lump of a design shat out by some Deviantart amateur.
>>
>>15480939
>le /m/ is shit now meme
This needs to stop
>>
>>15480981
You need to leave.
>>
>>15480782
> first movie was more industrial
> second movie designs look more cartoonish
> assume that fans of the first movie, who are upset with the change, hated industrial designs

I'm going to let you figure out on your own why what you are saying is dumb.
>>
>>15480902

Maybe because autistically screaming THATS REDDIT any anything you don't like is child's understanding of the world?
>>
>>15480782
>>15480986
How does it look cartoonish, it's Gipsy with a different chest and helmet.
>>
>>15480705
I like this one more than Gipsy Danger, the old one had too many exposed internals and greeble, this design looks more simple and comprehensible, as mecha designs should be.
>>
>>15480982
>Still a meme

not accepting this fact needs to stop
>>
>>15480822
what soul? like others have said theres little changed, somewhat more streamlined, less greeble, new helmet. fucking get over yourselves with this.
>>
>>15480918
>mix between a WW2 bomber and a cowboy
lmao no, wrong, i see neither of those in the design
>mix between a sportscar and a shaolin monk
lmao what, red shiny paint i guess means sports car? i see nothing monk about it besides the moves it uses, because monks are all avatar people swinging ninja saw blades around or something?
>hes like Iron-Man, but with a blue paint job
wrong, maybe if ironman was a cowboy with a blue ww2 fighter plane
>>
>>15480705
Is that the new halo soldier design? or was it robocop
>>
>>15481072
no it's iron man
>>
>>15481066
>>mix between a WW2 bomber and a cowboy
>lmao no, wrong, i see neither of those in the design
It's what the designers said. Colors resembling some WWII plane and the stature and posture of a gunslinger.
>>
>>15481095
>and the stature and posture of a gunslinger.
I also recall and interview talking about how they gave the proportions kind of an Egyptian drawing look, with long legs and a smaller body.
>>
>>15480750
Look Muhammad, I don't expect you to understand since your kind can't even personify actual women.
>>
>>15480852

Yeah, I prefer to use something less offensive, like sand crook.
>>
>>15482116
The only gender is male, females are objects. Cursed ones.
>>
What concerns me it it looks more like a suit than a mech. the Jaegres had distinct moving patterns in the movie, they had heft and a sense of scale I hope at least that carries over,.
>>
File: 1371994178841.jpg (316KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1371994178841.jpg
316KB, 2000x1125px
>>15480705
I hope they release a pic showing off its colors and decals.
>>
It even has avenger in the name? Oh boy I can't wait to see ironman rim 2.
>>
File: SOC Gipsy Danger.jpg (193KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
SOC Gipsy Danger.jpg
193KB, 960x960px
SOC Gipsy Danger prototype.
>>
>>15480899
>They say "she" because it's a giant fucking machine
It's called a she because it's a big enveloping thing, autist.
>>
File: 1491599635838.jpg (2MB, 3000x2662px) Image search: [Google]
1491599635838.jpg
2MB, 3000x2662px
>>15480705
Its head reminds me of Turn A for some reason.
>>
>>15483061
Kinda looks like it has a mustache along the sides of its head, I'd say.
>>
>>15482919
I hope it'll have some kind of weathering or shading effect, at least.
I love what SoCs/SRCs I have but they do tend to look too sterile in all honesty.
>>
>>15480705
It's just Gipsy updated with the latest look and tech gained from Striker Eureka. What's all the fuss about again?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.