[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth Defense Force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Earth Defense Force 2025 1.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Defense Force 2025 1.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
What does /m/ feel about the Earth Defense Force series?
>>
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
>>
please forgive me!
>>
>>15479071
I got 4.1 a while ago, really want to like it but I just can't get into the grind.
>>
>>15479109
FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK
>>
>>15479126
Just picked it up and having a ton of fun. Though, I have to say, the lancer is surprisingly hard to play.
>>
File: IMG_0917.jpg (71KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0917.jpg
71KB, 250x315px
>>15479071
Does anyone else find Insect Armageddon to be less good than the other entries? Things just don't feel right. The production value is too high and it feels like it's trying to be a serious game, missing out on the b-movie charm of the originals. Plus, it was way more linear and had less interesting locales.
>>
>>15481193
It's not made by japs so it loses the touch
>>
>>15479151
WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES AND WONT CUT THEM ANY SLACK!
>>
>>15481193
>western devs

Western developers don't know how to make games without copying a template. Even then they usually screw it up.
>>
>>15479071
Love it bought 2017 on a whim in a used game store and loved it ever since. Playing threw 4.1 right now grinding up for armor so I can beat those last few levels on hardest I can't beat due to lack of enough HP. Then on to inferno to do the same.

>>15479126
Well the game offers you many ways to cheat in the form of the ally NPC will kill everything for you all you have to do is go pick up weapons and armor boxes. For instance stage 14 can be done on Inferno with a base character and your NPC's will win the stage with out any help from you.

But if armor if what you need and you have the DLC then pack 2 stage 2 on easy with all those silver spiders you can get 300-500 armor box's per hour. Or the lazy way stages exist for afk farming which nets you as much or more armor per hour. But stages and methods vary for the class you are using.

So if you really don't want to you don't have to do any grinding in this game as it offers ways to get around it.
>>
>>15481193

It was fucking SHIT
>>
>>15481994
It wasn't even bad, it was just off. Like when you hear a remix of a favorite song. Just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>15479071
>They remade Crimson, my favorite mission from 2015, in 2025
Fucking awesome.
What are some of your favorite missions /m/?
>>
>>15484210
The mecha Godzilla mission in the first one on the PS2 will always be my favourite.
Also the "Armageddon" mission in 2025 was so good.
>>
>>15479109
I love you so much I don't even
>>
>>15481650
THE EDF DEPLOYS!
>>
>>15484391
EDF ! EDF! EDF!
>>
So when can we expect to fight the giant space frogs and giant ayylmaos?
>>
>>15484510
I'm guessing for early 2018 release
>>
>>15484510
I've always thought it was weird that you never actually see what the Ravagers look like.
>>
>>15484938
Why would we? everything they sent are machines.
>>
>>15485083
I figure someone is piloting those ships, HECTORS, and walking fortresses. Unless they are all automated.
>>
>>15485217
An Aero Fighters-type case seems likely. I mean, that series didn't show any of their invaders at all until the final bosses, and those turned out to be surreal things like skulls, monkeys and giant eyeballs.
>>
>>15485217
Nope all robots
Also explains away why in a lot of levels they won't attack you unless you get with in a certain range or shoot them. You can see it with the flying units as when you attack them all the near by ones light up for a moment.

Plus the final boss is a giant computer so its all automated
>>
>>15479071
I've been meaning to try out 4.1, I really loved 2025.
>>
>>15485724
There has to at least be some Ravagers in the Motherships. Someone has to oversee and give orders for the whole invasion, after all.

Plus, what alien warlord is going to pass up the opportunity to personally fire the Genocide Gun?
>>
>>15485743
We're already working out the details of drones that once we launch them they don't need any input from us to carry out the orders they are given.

The whole operation is controlled by the Brain computer

>Plus, what alien warlord is going to pass up the opportunity to personally fire the Genocide Gun?

You can still do that with out being in the ship
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.