[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reboot or sequel, how should a 999 revival be done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

Reboot or sequel, how should a 999 revival be done?
>>
>>15475178
>that dude she's kissing
Holy shit is this scene supposed to be serious or funny?
Whoever thought that such an autistic character design was good?
Why is his eye on his forehead? Why does she look somewhat normal while he looks like his head's made of playdough?
>>
>>15475188
the whole point is that he's supposed to be not "handsome" while he's actually "manly"
>>
>>15475178
Who cares?
>>
File: maetelkiss.png (499KB, 1144x644px) Image search: [Google]
maetelkiss.png
499KB, 1144x644px
>>15475238
This. They do change his design up a bit in the movie version, though.

Also, many artists of that time just drew really wacky and cartoonish characters.

Also, there was a revival done in the 90s, it's the Eternal arc of Galaxy Express. It takes place after the original manga, Tetsuro went back to earth and was imprisoned in a small room. At this point, most of the people on earth have become nothing but pigs. Maetel returns and rescues him from his imprisonment and Tetsurou also has a pet cat (Based on Leiji's own cat) and they board the Galaxy Express. This time their destination is planet eternal and they have a new nemesis, the Darqueen and the metanoids. They follow the GE999 at just about every stop blowing up planets one after another. The original run of the manga was published by Viz for some reason because they never did the original series. It ends on a cliffhanger in the original release but was later started again for 2 volumes before being dropped again, probably due to the magazine it was published in ceasing publication. A few years ago a novel called Galaxy Express: Ultimate Journey gave the manga an ending.

It's not as good as the original manga but it's still pretty good. But then again, nothing can beat the weirdly absurd original planets they visited. Although they do revisit some of those like Pluto.
>>
Remaster

Leave the classics alone
>>
id rather have a new Harlock series
>>
File: uz1144.jpg (228KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
uz1144.jpg
228KB, 1000x1430px
>>
File: uz1146.jpg (261KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
uz1146.jpg
261KB, 1000x1430px
>>
>>15475178

They've done planes, trains, and boats in space, so this time it's fucking CARS in space. All the characters are new, except they look just like the old ones and have similar names, but the old ones get to cameo no matter how confusing that is. And it better be weird, silly, romantic, and depressing.
>>
>>15475178
What the fuck is this face? Give me a picture from another angle I need to wrap my head around this shape
>>
Finish the damn manga at least.
>>
File: 1470811332001.jpg (687KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470811332001.jpg
687KB, 1280x960px
>>15477069
>>15477072
>>
>>15477198
Now I want to post some nice old lewd of her too, but would be offtopic, damnit.
>>
Is the Esmeralda in 999 the same Esmerald in Harlock, i.e. the Arcadia's widow?
>>
>>15477206
I got you covered

>>>/a/156475232
>>
>>15477069
>>15477072
But they are (in some continuities) sisters!
>>
>>15477252
Damn that Manabe. He crossed the line.
>>
File: 556211UchuSenkanDeathShadow.jpg (461KB, 1600x1187px) Image search: [Google]
556211UchuSenkanDeathShadow.jpg
461KB, 1600x1187px
>>15477215
iirc, the Emeraldas in the Harlock manga is actually dead

The Queen Emeraldas manga refers to Harlock I think, not sure if it actually showed him. There's also a one shot chapter that shows an abandoned Heavy Medler that mentions the Galaxy Express.

So basically there's like an infinite number of them and you shouldn't try to perfectly fit each one together, but each story seems to share similar events like Tochiro's illness.

People should also separate the anime franchises from the manga versions.
>>
>>15477820
>People should also separate the anime franchises from the manga versions.
Why?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.