[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really enjoyed the series, more than Den-O. I know there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: 036189.jpg (403KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
036189.jpg
403KB, 1024x768px
I really enjoyed the series, more than Den-O.
I know there are some problems, but I think people exaggerate.
The Arm Monsters, They should have had more highlights. the characters of the past were more charismatic.
I was saddened by Mio's death, but it was important for the development of Wataru and Taiga, I hope she Be revived in the future
I thought I was missing an episode about Taiga's relationship with Shima.
I felt sorry for Yuri, she was much better than her daughter, I did not really like Megumi, but Maya was also a great character, actually Maya and Yuri were the best characters in the series.
>>
>>15470205
I haven't watched Kiva but its hard for anything to be worse then Den-O or Decade or Ghost to me.
>>
File: Kamen.Rider.Kiva.full.1138605.jpg (146KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen.Rider.Kiva.full.1138605.jpg
146KB, 600x849px
What the heck was Taiga's pre-Dark Kiva suit motif meant to have been? It looked like a UFO and talked like a robot.

>>15470205
I really enjoyed the series too, particularly the 80s segments and the monster trio's shenanigans. That BTTF ending was hilariously out of nowhere though.

>>15471513
I enjoyed Kiva and am presently enjoying Ghost 20 episodes in. Both of these were said to be absolute garbage by various folks, but I really don't get the hate.
>>
>>15471513
Den-O's problem is that it won't go away. Decade's problem is that nobody knew how to end it. Ghost's problem is the same as every other season of rider in that it plods through 20 episodes of padding after they get the mid-season super form.
>>
>>15470205
The main problem with Kiva IMO is that the 2008 side is absolutely boring, and full of unlikable autist characters, whereas the 1986 side has fun characters, it's hard to really care about any of them because you know they're all gonna die (Minus the Arm Monsters, whose characterization in 2008 is basically "Standing around") being set in an earlier time period. Of course it could also be argued that Kiva has a bad rep because Den-O fans at the time (who didn't have the precognition to realize Den-O will never go away) were put off by the transition from "Le ECKS DEE SO RANDUMB" to teenage vampire wangst.
>>
>>15473781
>I really don't get the hate.
It's an opinion formed by the group that's adopted by everyone during the time it airs, then it never changes because newcomers, generally, adopt that opinion as well to fit in.
You'd think Wizard was a terrible show but it's genuinely good, as with your examples with Kiva and Ghost.
It's hard to go against the herd mentality, so you've got Ex-Aid which has near unanimous critical acclaim on here that you literally cannot challenge.There are so many flaws with Ex-Aid that the fanboys try their hardest to ignore. It's a genuinely poor show compared to anything else I've seen.
>>
>>15473892
>There are so many flaws
Name 23.
>>
I like Den-O and Kiva.
>>
>>15473807
Den-O was pretty base-breaking actually during 2007/2008.
I remember people hyping Kiva at first because they hate Den-O ("Oh yes! Kamen Rider finally return being dark again").

Then of course, it crashed and burned and people turned on it.
>>
>>15473940
Par for the course.

Can't wait for EX-Aid to end and have history repeat itself.
>>
>>15470205
Kiva was pretty good. It had some story flaws but was overall enjoyable so no idea why everyone screams how shit it was.
>>
Why didn't they make another IXA suit for Megumi to wear in the 22 years since they made the first armor? How did Yuri die? Why did King need the Dark Kiva suit when his Fangire form was arguably stronger? Why did he threaten to kill Taiga as a baby even though he needed him as an heir in case things go south for him (which it did)? Why were there so many episodes dedicated to the Yuri-Otoya-Jiro love triangle only for Otoya to ditch Yuri as soon as Maya shows up? Why did Kengo become such an asshole when he became IXA? If Jiro wanted to repopulate his race, why didn't he do so in the 22-year gap? And the biggest question of them all: Who fucked Wataru to give birth to NEO-FANGIRES PAPA?
>>
>>15473973
>Why did King need the Dark Kiva suit when his Fangire form was arguably stronger?
To keep it out of the hands of his enemies?
>Why did he threaten to kill Taiga as a baby even though he needed him
Idle threats to keep him in place, he may have followed through with violence but the threat of death was a lie.
>Why were there so many episodes dedicated to the Yuri-Otoya-Jiro love triangle only for Otoya to ditch Yuri as soon as Maya shows up?
To make it hit that much harder when he gets mindfucked and leaves Yuri for Maya.
>Why did Kengo become such an asshole
something to do with a rockband... I don't know.
>>
>>15473781
>I enjoyed Kiva and am presently enjoying Ghost 20 episodes in
Ghost hasn't even started getting bad yet
>>
>>15473781
>What the heck was Taiga's pre-Dark Kiva suit motif meant to have been?
A church.
>>
>>15473781
As far as Ghost goes, some people didn't like Takeru and that was enough to dislike the entire show, but it wasn't really seen as a bad show overall at that point you're watching. The problem is really the last 20 or so episodes of the show, right after it's done with a rather great arc focused on Necrom.
>>
>>15473995
I dropped Ghost because I couldn't stand another wimpy rider protag who didn't know how to fight. Does that turn around later or does he keep relying more on power-ups to help?

I left before Necron debuted. Is he worth coming back for? Also, please tell me they didn't ruin Spectre's character after he befriends Ghost.
>>
File: ghostscanteat.png (1MB, 632x1412px) Image search: [Google]
ghostscanteat.png
1MB, 632x1412px
>>15474025
>>
>>15474025
>Does that turn around later or does he keep relying more on power-ups to help?

It turns around completely to the point it breaks the show. After getting the final form, Takeru is the only one able to beat the villains permanently (The other Riders are weaker and even if beating them they just instantly resurrect). Everytime a new suit debuted and had focus, it was Takeru that beat them for the first time. Although Necrom and Specter got some kills out of recycled suits.

By that point, Takeru is also basically portrayed as a flawless saint. Always cheering up and believing in the best of others, doesn't matter what happens to him. No more hesitation or weakness. He even attempts to redeem the one who killed his father.

>I left before Necron debuted. Is he worth coming back for?

He's great, but after episode 30, he's pretty much only allowed to fail. And although he has ties to the 2nd half's main villain, his only plotline there is about how he's unable to actually stop or kill him, and must leave it to Takeru.

>Also, please tell me they didn't ruin Spectre's character after he befriends Ghost.
His character stays the same (aside from some hilarious father issues that only come up for two episodes to advertise the summer movie) but after a few episodes when he gets a new form, he also really gets nothing to do until a certain plotline near the end that felt completely separate from the main plot. It was also really repetitive, since it involved him facing a certain opponent over and over every episode with the other characters barely acknowledging it. The pay off in the final arc also felt fairly pointless.
>>
>>15473973
The love triangle is important because of Yuri's conversations with Maya about love, for example the Maya scene asking why Yuri would save Otoya after he betrayed her feelings, Yuri then tells her that she loves him, that this is love, Which makes Maya think about what love is, the scenes of Yuri ending with Otoya and the last scene of both interacting are some of my favorites in the series. Yuri and Maya have the best development of the series, because of this they are my favorite characters of the series
>>
>>15474027
This is MARTHA all over again
I get the emotional point they are trying to go with, but the execution is stupid
>>
File: lisa what the fuck man.jpg (28KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
lisa what the fuck man.jpg
28KB, 313x334px
>>15470205
Isn't this the third or fourth time you've posted this exact same thing? Is this bait? Or just autism? You've posted this 2 or 3 times before on previous /krg/ threads.
>>
>>15474676
In fact this topic is the oldest
>>
>>15474683
Huh, it is. Weird.
>>
>>15473788
Nah, Ghost was dog shit from start to finish. Middle going nowhere isn't always true, see Double, Kabuto, Agito, Kuuga, etc...
>>
>>15470205
>I know there are some problems, but I think people exaggerate.
Yeah, it's from dated memes created by SharkRaptor back in the day. Only endured because he created little joke jpgs that got circulated on the net. More having fun than serious hate, though that's lost on the new generation of /m/en.
>>
What other shows are better than people say?
>>
>>15475695
It's best to just start watching and form your own opinion unless you know the series is universally hated and not just the people on /m/.
>>
Reminder that Otoya is Megumi's father.
>>
>>15473892

I agree with the general idea you're expressing, but Wizard is shit. I've seen everything from 1971 Rider to Drive, and it's one of my absolute least favorites.

None of the villains are interesting after Phoenix dies -- Medusa has no personality traits other than being a bootlicker, and Gremlin is the writers trying to do a "haha I'm so childish but I'm also damaged xD" character, except he never does anything threatening outside of that one episode, so he just comes off as an annoying faggot.

All the side characters are totally undeveloped. Shunpei's "apprentice" subplot is dropped after episode 3-ish and never comes back, etc.

There's no overarching plot development or inter-character drama for the vast majority of the show. You know just as much about the Phantoms, Section Zero, etc. in episode 42 as you did in episode 10. The "plot" is all condensed into the last 5 or 6 episodes, and all that plot consists of is a twist everyone saw coming back around episode 5.
Early on, the show kept teasing things like information on Section Zero, as if it would actually contribute to something or be expanded, but NOPE.

Also, Kamen Rider Girls is complete garbage and none of their songs fit the tone or tempo of a fight scene. Even Rider Chips can't save the fight music in Wizard when their songs are outnumbered by the KRG songs.

Also the OP blows.

Wizard has good choreography and based mayo man, and that's it.
>>
>>15476764
The only neat thing about Wizard was how they tried using the, at the time, current hype surrounding the, at the time, upcoming movies: Oz and Iron Man 3(the mandarin).
The third Berserk movie was also coming out (starring Rider Birth) and I thought it was neat that how they basically combined the eclipse ceremony from that and Rider Black for Wizard.
But yeah, once again, another rider that had an awesome concept and weak execution (looking at you Ghost).
>>
>>15473781
>pre dark kiva suit
Its called kamen rider saga and the motif is sex

As for ghost, the bad part didnt even start, although the first 10 episodes are kinda bad.

>>15474025
Ghost is good(or at its best) between boost debut and mugen debut, including the necrom introduction and his redemmption. But its not worth keeping up for that, after mugen's debut, necrom and spectre are wortless.

As for makoto's character they dont ruin it (unless you're the kind of person that considers any change happening before the ending ruining a character) but after his final form debuts he doesnt do much.

>>15476764
>Wizard has good choreography and based mayo man, and that's it.
And rinko's ass.

>>15476791
>iron man 3
What do the have in common? I mean, aside from having great suits on a trash movie/tv show.
>>
>>15476862
>Iron Man 3
The thing I put into parentheses:
>(the mandarin)
When Wizard was in pre-production, news had already hit that the Mandarin would be the villian.
If you don't know, he's like the only (plus THE classic Iron Man villian; like the Joker to Batman; tech vs magic) villian that uses a large assortment of "magic rings"; some elemental and some gimmicky (sound familiar?).
Oz, well, it was also in production when Wizard was in pre-production, though toei was wrong, only one of these movies actually features magic (unless Oz also didn't, never saw it).
>>
>>15473940
That happened with Wizard as well.
And Ghost.

People always hype things as being overly dark but it never goes that way.
>>
Still better than Ghost.
>>
>>15477644
I'm a big fan of IM and I know who the Mandarin is. But the only similarity you're mentioning is the magic rings which is not even a trope invented or made popular by the Mandarin. Heck, if you think of gimmicky rings, comics and villains you first think of the much more popular Siniestro. I mean, its not like the Mandarin is a popular character among japanese children..or people in general which is why they didn't actually put him in the movie and got away scott free. And all this not addressing the fact that the Mandarin is supposed to be the villain.

If they wanted to exploit Iron Man's popularity(itself a very Rider-esque concept) they would have gone for something similar to the arc reactor.

>>15477857
Yeah, because its a kids show, it never goes actually dark and is never supposed to.

>inb4 but this other rider season is really dark!!
it isn't.
>>
>>15479256
They weren't trying to "exploit Iron Man's popularity", they were just trying to benefit from the overlapping hype of the Mandarin and the Wizard of Oz, because both were in preproduction and the world knew about it.

...It's bizarre that you ignored "elemental and gimmick" magic rings part, which both Wizard and the Mandarin share, and went straight for trying to make a parallel between a "elemental and gimmick" magic ring user and a guy whose rings basically makes lasers, swords and shields, boxing gloves out of light.
You really really really don't want Iron Man and Wizard to have any association whatsoever.
>>
>>15479289
Not even him, but you're trying way too fucking hard, buddy.
>>
>>15479592
According to the super Taisen new movies,they have make shows have certain motif's for even more obtuse pop culture references,
>>
File: 1492927966905.png (370KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492927966905.png
370KB, 1280x720px
>>15470205
>/m/
>My mad fat diary
>>
>>15479289
> the overlapping hype of the Mandarin
There was zero hype about the Mandarin. Only us preexisting Iron Man fans cared about it which is part of the reason they didn't ultimately use him. Literally one of the reasons IM3 sucked is because it was supposed to change that.
Soc even assuming anyone in Bandai of Japan even knew about Mandy I dont think they expected japanese kids(who barely know about their own super heros and villains) to know that too.

>...It's bizarre that you ignored "elemental and gimmick" magic rings part
The Mandarin ones aren't really elemental. There's an ice one and a lightning one(which isnt even one of the main 4 elements) but that's it, the other have different powers.

>You really really really don't want Iron Man and Wizard to have any association whatsoever.
As a fan of IM and KR that's be neat if true. If true that is.

>>15479595
most of the times this claim is made its with things that make sense like Harry Potter->Magiranger. I also recall them picking orange for Gaim based on what fruit is most popular with kids. But I don't think they will appeal much to japanese kids by referencing something that's not even popular with kids on its country of origin.
>>
>>15474182
At least DEEP Spectre had the perfect mix of edgy and tryhard to make it cool.
>>
>>15479745
Nothing with a shiny silver undersuit will ever be cool.
>>
Jiro should've let Wataru die at the hands of Saga, when Mio died so that he can be together with Mio
>>
Kiva's biggest sin will always be not having saga as the main suit.
>>
>>15479791
Kiva's Biggest sin was having time travel in the main show.
>>
File: FIGURE-011354.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-011354.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>15479801
I agree that the time bit was stupid.

What the writers could've done with this, is that:
> Wataru lets Saga choke him
> Jiro was too late and distracts Saga to take Wataru's unconscious body.
> Jiro takes Wataru to a hospital and finds out that the teen is technically brain dead because Saga electro-chokes his neck.
> A closet fangire nurse named Natsumi Ohashi (played by Sayaka Akimoto) tries to visit wataru's mind to help him be encouraged to live on. But during the process, some rogue fangires attack the hospital. natsumi turns into Kamen Rider Kivala, who is actually King and a Human Woman's lovechild.
> She kills off the fangires and continues the process of visiting Wataru's mind.
> Wataru wakes up and realizes that he needs to be heroic.
> continue the rest of the series after the time warp plot with Wataru, Natsumi and Jiro.
> time warp is omitted
>>
>>15479855
More like Inoue, since it was mostly all on him. He became a has-been during this time.
>>
>>15479874
> Inoue.
I see. The only good work he had pre-kiva was Jetman
>>
>>15479801
Nah, saga I way too sexy
>>
>>15479895
Agito too. And although most people nowadays dislike Faiz and Hibiki' last 20 episodes, they were actually successes in Japan.

His popularity really started cracking with Kabuto though, where adding him to the writing team after the first 10 episodes just resulted in a sudden drop in ratings.
>>
>>15479710
>Only us preexisting Iron Man fans cared about (the Mandarin in IM3)
The Marvel movies are extremely popular in japan. They made an anime and toys plus they aired CMs for it during "Super Hero Time", so yeah, you're wrong about "Japan doesn't give a shit". Hell, they even had OZ CMs during late-Wizard that literally used the phrase "final hope".
>Soc even assuming anyone in Bandai of Japan even knew about Mandy
>Bandai
I'm sure you mean Toei... or even FLEX. Plus, you probably don't realize it, but japan DOES have wikipedia.
>>...It's bizarre that you ignored "elemental and gimmick" magic rings part
>The Mandarin ones aren't really elemental. >There's an ice one and a lightning one(which isnt even one of the main 4 elements) but that's it, the other have different powers.
...This one is hard to decipher. It's like you're completely agreeing, but presenting it as if you completely disagree.
First you agree that he has elementals, but then you pull some strawman out of nowhere as if anyone said he had ALL the elements. Then you admit that the other rings do other things (gimmicks), but you pull another strawman as if anyone said they were all elementals and nobody said anything about gimmicks
>most of the times this claim is made its with things that make sense like Harry Potter-Magiranger
It was Hurricanger (Harri-Kenja) which was confirmed in a net-movie. It's literally confirmed that they LOVE referencing tokusatsu made in other countries that get imported.
>>
>>15480428
>The Marvel movies are extremely popular in japan.
The marvel movies might be popular, but not the mandarin you idiot, not even the im3 villain is popular after the movie aired and marvel movies being popular doesnt mean every single marvel character ever is popular. You see this even in the western audience. Learn to read

>I'm sure you mean Toei... or even FLEX. Plus, you probably don't realize it, but japan DOES have wikipedia.
Bandai designs the toys.

>...This one is hard to decipher. It's like you're completely agreeing, but presenting it as if you completely disagree.
Its not hard to decipher if you knew how to read which you clearly dont. I disagred, the rings arent elemental, I just mentioned the 2 out of the set of 10 that could fulfill that condition just so you dont retardedly bring them up as if that changed anything. The rings arent elemental because that'd require the entire set to be elements.

>Then you admit that the other rings do other things (gimmicks)
I never said they dont have gimmicks. I said "The Mandarin's ones aren't really elemental" which means that they arent elemental, at never point I make a case of them not being gimmicky and if you pay attention you'll notice that sentence doesnt include that word.

>but you pull another strawman as if anyone said they were all elementals and nobody said anything about gimmicks
You described the whole set as elemental and gimmicky. The set is gimmicky, two of said gimmicks are associated to elements, but the set overall isnt.

>It was Hurricanger (Harri-Kenja) which was confirmed in a net-movie. It's literally confirmed that they LOVE referencing tokusatsu made in other countries that get imported.
I was mostly refering to the people saying magiranger was inspired by hp, not literally magiranger was based on it. That said, props for having an actual source.
>>
>>15480505
>but not the mandarin you idiot
>Learn to read
It's sad that you've reduced yourself to insults.
Like i've had to repeat way to many times: IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE MANDARIN WOULD BE THE VILLIAN OF IM3 PRIOR TO WIZARD.
It was LITERALLY the only thing known about the movie at the time. Also stop with the incessant mentions of how the mandarin turned out in IM3 because THE MOVIE WASN'T OUT YET, IT WAS IN PRE/PRODUCTION, like i've repeatly told you.
>Bandai designs the toys.
PLEX designs the belts, gimmicks, and the suits. Bandai produces the toys.
>f you knew how to read which you clearly dont
Yet another insult that's ironic since it's you who's missed the point or repeatedly ignored things to force your point to make sense.
>The rings aren't elemental
Since when aren't 'ice' and 'plasma' "not elements"? YOU were the one who mentioned these.
>2 out of the set of 10
NOBODY said they were all elemental, "elemental and gimmicks" means some are elemental and some are gimmicks, so get that strawman out of here.
It's literally if someone said they had apples and oranges and you called him a liar because there were 2 apples and 8 oranges. It's still apples and oranges, get over it and stop goalpost moving.
>I was mostly refering to the people saying magiranger was inspired by hp,
Could be, I think the HP movies were going on during both series.
>That said, props for having an actual source.
Yeah, I watched all the net-movies and the CM from TV-N. If you want, go get the CMs during late Wizard and find the Oz CM that uses "saigo no kibou" and then go to years that had Marvel movies and find the MCU CMs so you'll believe japan has interest in Marvel movies, then go to wikipedia and find the announcement dates for OZ and the Mandarin being announced as the villian, cross-reference it with Wizard and I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion I did years ago and see that the dates all line-up amd make sense.
>>
>>15473788
No, Ghost's problem was that the head writer fucking vanished for like 20 episodes and even when he was there, didn't know what to write.
>>
>>15480505
>the rings arent elemental, I just mentioned the 2 out of the set of 10 that could fulfill that condition
You're missing two. Besides the ice and lightning, but you forgot the air and fire ones. That makes 4 (air/ethereal, scorch/fire, ice, and lightning).
>>
>>15480590
Also he was a j-drama writer with no real experience in toku or doing toy franchises. Probably not the best choice. Hopefully we'll be seeing the last of him and Takahashi.

It kind of matches Nakashima's experience oftentimes on Fourze. The inability to write fast enough coupled with a lack of creative control and creator struggling for control against suits and producers.
>>
>>15480673
Yeah, writting for toku is like being a contestant on Top Chef, Face Off, or some other reality competition show.
There's "secret ingredients" (suits/devices) you can't see until you sign the contract, "judges" (executives) that constantly critique, enforce rules, and ask for revisions, and you've gotta do it under severe time restraints.
Basically a challenge that should be undertook by the most creative, quick, fast paced writers.
>>
>>15480505
On a random note though, IM3 was a really good movie.
>>
>>15480727
My only gripe was they made it tie-in to the avengers movie instead of making it standalone.
>>
>>15480579
>It's sad that you've reduced yourself to insults.
If you ignore my argued objection to your points, sure, I totally reduced myself to insults. Again, learn to read.

>Like i've had to repeat way to many times: IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE MANDARIN WOULD BE THE VILLIAN OF IM3 PRIOR TO WIZARD.
That doesnt make the mandarin popular you idiot. He hasn't showed up in the comics since fraction, only the rings. Why is is that a character, so popular, even jap kids like it, doesnt show up?

>It was LITERALLY the only thing known about the movie at the time. Also stop with the incessant mentions of how the mandarin turned out in IM3 because THE MOVIE WASN'T OUT YET, IT WAS IN PRE/PRODUCTION, like i've repeatly told you.
If you knew how to fucking read you'd know how irrelevant that is because I mentioned as an example of the mandarin not being popular. If you want me to stop mentioning how he turned out in the movie fine, but wont magically prove your point right.

>PLEX designs the belts, gimmicks, and the suits. Bandai produces the toys.
Yeah, bandai has zero input on toys they sell. Totally reasonable.

>Since when aren't 'ice' and 'plasma' "not elements"? YOU were the one who mentioned these.
I never said they werent you idiot. I literally mentioned those as the only two, out a set of 10, that fulfill that condition. The rings are gimmicky, the gimmick of two is element based, but overall they are not gimmicky based.

>NOBODY said they were all elemental, "elemental and gimmicks" means some are elemental and some are gimmicks, so get that strawman out of here.
Then describe them based on the common characteristic, you call them rings because they're all rings. Also, stop using the strawman term, you need to use it correctly and you havent done so yet.
>>
>>15480579

>It's literally if someone said they had apples and oranges and you called him a liar because there were 2 apples and 8 oranges. It's still apples and oranges, get over it and stop goalpost moving.
Apples and oranges arent adjectives. That's the kind of thing you know when you learn to read. Also, there's no goalpost moving as i'm still saying wizard is not based on the mandarin, so learn what that means too.

>If you want, go get the CMs during late Wizard and find the Oz CM that uses "saigo no kibou"
I dont give a shit about that oz movie you speak about and i'm not arguing against whether wizard is based om that one or not. I'm arguing the mandarin thing.

>and then go to years that had Marvel movies and find the MCU CMs so you'll believe japan has interest in Marvel movies
I never, at any point, said it isnt popular in japan, quote me on that otherwise.
>>
>>15480727
>>15480731
>>>/9fag/
>>
>>15473973
>Why didn't they make another IXA suit for Megumi to wear in the 22 years since they made the first armor?
Budget cuts. It usually fucks toku shows.
>How did Yuri die?
It could have been an accident, an illness... they didn't mention it because it wasn't relevant to the plot.
>Why did King need the Dark Kiva suit when his Fangire form was arguably stronger?
Because Dark Kiva is stronger than his fangire form when he wears it. It was created for him.
>Why did he threaten to kill Taiga as a baby even though he needed him as an heir in case things go south for him (which it did)?
He's just a terrible father and death threats are the only way he knows to get respect.
>Why were there so many episodes dedicated to the Yuri-Otoya-Jiro love triangle only for Otoya to ditch Yuri as soon as Maya shows up?
So later Maya can learn about love too. Also, it makes Otoya ditching Yuri more heartbreaking.
>Why did Kengo become such an asshole when he became IXA?
Because power showed his true face. I'm sad he didn't become the final enemy, like in the novel.
>If Jiro wanted to repopulate his race, why didn't he do so in the 22-year gap?
I just gave up in the idea after making a vow to his dying friend.
>Who fucked Wataru to give birth to NEO-FANGIRES PAPA?
It's safe to assume it was Shizuka.
>>
>>15481016
>>15481018
Thanks for proving you're retarded, and a poser who pretends to know shit about franchises: Marvel and Kamen Rider. You don't know how PLEX works, and you didn't know shit about the Mandarin, or did you just "forget" to respond to the anon who called you out:
>>15480629
Also, nice butthurt. 1 post wasn't enough to contain you autism, huh.
>>
>>15482852
>Thanks for proving you're retarded
Says the guy who couldn't respond to any of my arguments.

>You don't know how PLEX works
Says the guy who thinks a toy company doesn't design toys.

>and you didn't know shit about the Mandarin, or did you just "forget" to respond to the anon who called you out:
I did see that post but prefered to wait for you to call that out. Because you didn't say anything when I said there were only two rings, and, ironically, you accuse me of not knowing shit about the mandarin but had to wait for another anon to help you out, so you're the poser here. Not to mention 4 isnt the majority in a group of 10 either.

>Also, nice butthurt. 1 post wasn't enough to contain you autism, huh.
Says the guy who had to reply something but couldn't even come up with something remotely resembling a counterargument, and had to call me a poser that doesn't know about KR and the mandarin while showing ignorance about KR and the mandarin.

So yeah, learn how KR works, learn about the mandarin before talking about him, learn how to count and, most importantly, learn to read.
>>
File: 4 Episodes into Wizard.png (5KB, 794x84px) Image search: [Google]
4 Episodes into Wizard.png
5KB, 794x84px
>>15473892
>A show that telegraphed it's 'plot twist' 4 episodes in, with an absolute homunculus of an actor being main part of said plot.
>>
File: ROUGE.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ROUGE.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>15483115
>>15483120
>Says the guy who

Says the guy who made a tells someone to learn to read but fucks up proof reading his own post and deletes it in shame.
>>
>>15483224
That implies I knew how to read so find the issue. So yeah, I know how to read. Not your case though since you not only fucked up your own insult you also didn't address any other argument. Better luck next time kid.
>>
>>15474025
ending is terrible in my opinion. They just can't stay transform when talking and someone of the main cast will always jump in to tank the sudden boss attack.
>>
File: Hibiki.webm (278KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hibiki.webm
278KB, 640x360px
>>15483233
>implying I'm who you're arguing with

I just came into this thread to post how wizard was shit because of the 4 episode thing, I happened upon you two autists arguing and couldn't resist, continue to be mad.
>>
>>15483257
>I-I'm not him, I swear!
>>
File: DCD with it.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DCD with it.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>15483266
>Y-You're him, I swear!

What are you achieving by replying to me?
>>
>>15483120
Wow. So much butthurt that you autistismed all over another anon. What a retard move, anon.
>waaah, muh points!!!!
You don't have any points, anon. THAT'S the point.
You just constantly sidestep everything because you've got and know jackshit. Just admit that you don't like it because you don't like it, stop trying to prentend there's logic behind it, and get over your autism.
>>
>>15484000
It's sad that you've reduced yourself to insults.
>>
>>15484394
Not insults. Truth. You're acting retarded and can't express your opinions without autistic splerging. You ignore when people call you out, or you get butthurt and act real stupid.
>>
>>15473781 here. I totally got the church/cathedral thing mentioned in >>15473988, but I was moreso meaning the weird UFO belt in place of a Kivat device/creature. I also wondered where the thing came from, but I suppose that can just be chalked up to Taiga's company.
>>
>>15470205
I just finished Kiva too and even though it starts off really slow I liked it overall. I think people hate it for the same reason people hate Evangelion; there's lots of human drama where characters act irrationally due to strong feelings of love/jealousy/fear/etc. and instead of sympathizing like you're supposed to, people have that defensive I'M NOT LIKE THAT reaction and dismiss it as bad writing. Also it isn't "comfy" enough for the emotionally fragile autists who watch children's shows around these parts.

Anyway, although I liked it, It kind of shits itself right at the end with all the death retcons and the wacky final scene. I think Toei must have pressured Inoue to end it on a happy note because it was getting too edgy, especially right after Den-O.
>>
>>15479256
>Yeah, because its a kids show, it never goes actually dark and is never supposed to.

Yes, thats why I don't get why they always hype it as dark. What happens to be acceptable varies from region to region, but they've not really crossed the line into "dark" before.
>>
>>15484878
>I think people hate it for the same reason people hate Evangelio

Huh. Never thought of it like that, Kiva really does have the same problems Eva does.
>>
>>15473892
I stopped browsing /krg/ and other Toku forums after Drive ended (since I tend to pickup shows around half way rather than follow it from the start. If I liked it I'll follow it week by week), and I started browsing it long after I finished Kiva and Wizard.

I liked Kiva and didn't mind the Drama too much, since it was still interesting.

Wizard had a couple of good episodes (anything with Beast, Infinity arc, first 10 episodes or so), and the fight co-ordination were quite good. Haruto was actually interesting in the movies where he was written by other people, which helps.

Ghost however, was full on toy shilling boring (like Drive's first 10) in the first half, but with an even worse second half. The acting was awful, Takeru was bland as hell, the plot kept on getting reset and went nowhere and the final villain was garbage. Nitoh was endearing in Wizard and salvaged the show, but Makoto and Alain either had terribly bland actors, or the scripts was horrible. Alain had that one good subplot with the Grandma, that's pretty much the best thing to come out of Ghost.
>>
>>15485969
> full on toy shilling boring (like Drive's first 10) in the first half, but with an even worse second half. The acting was awful, Takeru was bland as hell, the plot kept on getting reset and went nowhere and the final villain was garbage

So like Wizard? You can say Beast salvaged the show all you want but it was so shit not even Nitou could save it.
>>
File: 1437070365353.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437070365353.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>15485973
I meant like Beast salvaged the show for me. Ghost's cast was universally bland, while Wizard had its moments. Its actually a giant whiplash when Haruto go from sassy in the movies and flat in the episode following it.

Both are shit, but Wizard built up my expectation, then crushed it, leaving a carrot dangling in the meantime (Maho Shojo Beast). Meanwhile, after watching Ghost first 20s, I don't even have any expectation for the second half, and it still left me disappointed
>>
>>15485982
Meanwhile I fail to see how Wizard is any different from Ghost in any capacity when they both made the same mistakes.

I know it's trendy to hate on the latest shitty thing, and I can kinda get where yer coming from subjectively, but it just seems to me most of the Ghost hate are from newfags who weren't here for Kiva/Wizard and just want to call something shit with no investment. I've even seen people, unironically, defend the pastel raincoats.

Calling Ghost the worst of anything is giving it far too much credit when it was just your standard play it safe to sell toys series.
>>
>>15485986
Ghost didn't even make me furious like Faiz did and Kiva did. Ghost was just sorta there and kind of stupid or boring. Faiz made me actually fucking angry with how much I hated it at times.
>>
>>15485986
Like I don't think the way the plot developed was even that bad. Its certainly a lot more coherent than Kabuto or Decade.

But the bad acting really made me dislike the show. Kabuto for all of its plot problems had a very interesting cast. I think its overhyped as hell, but the characters interaction carried the show, from Tsurugi's random ecks dee shtick, to the Hopper's emo hobo bromance, to Kagami's first half where he's struggling to be a hero and save people from the Worms despite knowing that Tendou is overcompetent as hell and will probably deal with it. Decade, with Tsukasa's ham putting the entire show on his back, when his show was a bunch of random shit that didn't amount to anything, to the point where the writers gave up and admitted "Decade has no story". Even Wizard had Mayo boy's shticks and occasionally Haruto when his feeling and sense of humor came back from sabbatical. Sure it had shunpei, but he was noticeably BAD. Ghost was outright bland, the only thing I remember of the character is that Necrom likes Takoyaki, and that was because of his character arc.

>>15485994
This. Ghost fails to get any emotion out of me.
Blade had pretty terrible acting, but people made memes out of it because it was funny, and it got something out of the audience.
>>
>>15486003

Which is exactly my meaning. Never taking off and being boring is one thing, but outright having nice things and going to shit is far more sinful(in the case of Kabuto and Kiva as it seems).

Wizard and Ghost just had absolutely nothing but hype because OHH THIS IS GONNA BE DARK BOYS and people only let themselves down.
>>
>>15486551
I'd very much prefer to have a series that has good things even though its inconsistent/bad overall, at least there's something to look forward to each episode, even if its to see the train wreck. Boring series, there's nothing keeping you interested, and for a series that's a lot worse. For all of Kiva/Faiz's problem regarding poor communication and crappy soap opera plot, it was received very well by its secondary main audience (young mom) because the plot came right out of a J-Drama they'd be watching normally if it weren't for their kids.
>>
I'm in episode 25 of Wizard and I'm enjoying the series.
>>
>>15490593

I said wrong, is the 35.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.