[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam F91

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: q1xAOZ9.jpg (407KB, 991x1405px) Image search: [Google]
q1xAOZ9.jpg
407KB, 991x1405px
Just finished the movie. The fuck did I just watch? The animation was fantastic, music was neat, but I felt lost nearly the entire time. Are the Crossbone Vanguard just more angry spacenoids like Zeon? Who the hell won in the end? Why does this feel so incomplete? What did /m/ think of this movie? Most importantly, will Victory Gundam be as confusing?
>>
File: 1475729806950.jpg (12KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1475729806950.jpg
12KB, 170x170px
>>15470128
You watched the equivalent of a poorly done compilation movie from a show, in this case said original show doesn't exist
The Crossbone Vanguard are a bunch of monarchs wanting to create their own space kingdom

I thought it was ok but I would like a propper remake in the future

Victory is equally if not more confusing, but for totally different reasons
>>
>>15470128
>What the fuck did I just watch?

Gundam F91. Reading isn't your strongest point is it?

Okay busting your balls aside, it feels so rushed because it was supposed to be a series, it's the first few episodes (don't know how many for sure but most say about 12) condensed into a movie after production issues arose.

As for who won, well at the point where the movie ends? No one, there was a civil war mentioned in Crossbone where Cecily and Seabook eventually routed them out, Cecily using her position as Berah Rohna to do it, and in the process a plot from jupiter was uncovered and so they go there as pirates.

The CBV isn't quite like Zeon, as far as I know and can remember they weren't doing it for spacenoid independence, but just rather a family trying to make a monarchy, funnily enough the name was bought they aren't any sort of old time nobility at all. Basically they, well at least meitzer, said they were trying to found and start an aristocracy based around nobliss oblige, due to the federations grasp waning in the last few decades. That said they also had plans to wipe out a good chunk of the Earths (and maybe even other colonies) populations as well. off hand I don't remember why for sure, but I believe it was going to be done to lighten the load on resources. Still it's batshit.

And no victory shouldn't be as confusing, it got a full run, I mean it has weird shit in it from time to time but it's not really confusing.
>>
>>15470128
>Are the Crossbone Vanguard just more angry spacenoids like Zeon?

They are basically within the same realm of Zeon, however they are far more upfront with the desire of creating an aristocractic family to rule space than the Zabi's were in Zeon. The OVA Twlight Axis should be giving us a general idea where they cropped up from, but at the moment we know they are an orginization dedicated to transitioning the world government into a monarchy for the Ronahs.

>Who the hell won in the end?

Crossbone Gundam mentions that the incident was swept under the rug and that it was technically a Federation victory at Frontier 4. Soon after this, the Vanguard is reformed under Berah Ronah [Cecily Fairchild] and becomes a pirate unit dedicated to fighting the ever growing Jovian Empire.

>Why does this feel so incomplete?
Basically the first 12-13 episodes of an anime were jammed conceptually together to make the F91 film. As a result, a lot of the planned lore and backround are lost in the translation, and we are left with a very messy version of the original vision.

>What did /m/ think of this movie?
Its generally viewed as a mess, but its an enjoyable mess with some damned memorable moments in it. Not as beloved or remembered as Char Counter Attack, but still a fun ride if you just sit back for the action and music.

>Most importantly, will Victory Gundam be as confusing?

Yes, but not due to anything having to do with the plot. In that regard, Victory is one of the most straightforward of the series. Character motivations and actions on the other hand are some of the most insane and wacky Tomino has ever done, making for generally interesting scenes for either the best or worst reasons. Its still a damned good watch though, even if it is a product of a lot of business bickering and Tominos own bitterness.
>>
>>15470128
Early Victory (like six episodes) has some minor production shenanigans, but it's not the kind of confusing F91 is. Victory's mostly just a bit odd, though I'm quite fond of it. Very inventive combat.
>>
OP here, I hear V Gundam is really sad. More tragic than Zeta they said. Would you guys call it a good show? Dark doesn't always mean high quality.
>>
>>15470191
It really isn't
It's mostly forced and lacks impact
>>
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?p=4394
If you want to know more
>>
>>15470191
>Victory
>Sad
nigga you will be laughing you ass off when uso straight up genocides entire battalions of spacenoid scum
>>
>>15470191
Victory is so gratuitously murder-happy and filled with pointless deaths that it becomes hilarious and then continues up until it actually becomes sad again.

That helmet scene with the motorcycle, fuck, I'm not over it.

And >>15470504 is right, Uso is the greatest murder-machine in Gundam. Setsuna and Mikazuki only wished they could fuck up the opposition like Uso.
>>
>>15470128
>Just finished the movie.
omg
>>
>>15470518
Wonder how tomino managed to pull off, it could've been so cheesy yet it worked.
>>
>>15470128
Excellent movie, much better than CCA. Fight me.
>>
>>15470191
Second best in the franchise.
>>
>>15470649
That's not right. Zeta is the second best. How can Victory be second best if Zeta is? I don't understand.
>>
>>15470647
Who cares ?
I liked both.
>>
>>15470147
I just finished Victory, what was confusing about it?
>>
For me, the most "holy shit" moment in Victory wasn't all the deaths, but in the (second to last?) episode where Uso actually goes for the kill on Katejina and barely misses. Even Katejina didn't see it coming.
>>
>>15470737
and?
>>
>>15470735
>zeta
>good
>>
>>15470777
Confusing as in all the weird shit that happens all the time
>>
>>15470647
Being better than CCA isn't much of an accomplishment.
>>
File: 2017-04-26-17-43-52--490152825.jpg (145KB, 888x534px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-26-17-43-52--490152825.jpg
145KB, 888x534px
Holy shit though, the Federation mobile suits here look fucking sweet. I was disappointed to find out there are only crappy no grades for these designs but I still might consider buying them just because.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.