[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Side Co-Prosperity Sphere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
Did the Zeonic Wars really screw up Earth to the point that an advanced technology civilization could not support 2 billion people?

Would Full Frontal's plan just cause the Earth to rebuild and then strike back at the spacenoid because of the hardships the earthnoids endured?

Where was Ms. Zabi hiding her Zeonic Princess outfit?
>>
>>15467139
Not yet
Maybe, but either way, Earth would be irrelevant and Humanity would be looking outwards
Full Frontal probably had a spare waiting for her
>>
>>15467139

>Would Full Frontal's plan just cause the Earth to rebuild and then strike back at the spacenoid because of the hardships the earthnoids endured?

Even if it did, that isn't a valid concern relative to Spacenoid independence.
>>
>>15467139
I mean 3 colony drops, and 1 asteroid drop can really screw up the place
But I still don't think Earth would be in that bad off a situation

It could probably led to Earth fixing it shit and probably cause another OYW scenario due to the stigma between Earth and the Colonies being even worse
Makes wonder how this Side Co-Prosperity Sphere would deal with guys like Crossbone Vanguard and the empires of Zanscare and Jupiter, or even if the other Sides would agree to join it in the first place

You're telling me you don't have one with you at all times for when the situation requieres it?
>>
>>15467139
Full frontal best girl
>>
>>15467195
>i guess the Char Aznable I knew is truly dead
What did Mineva mean by this? how is it really all that different from what Char wanted? Is it because Full Frontal doesn't care about the New Types' role inn the future?
>>
>>15467139
I don't recall why but when I was watching it, I got the impression he actually didn't give a shit either which way and was more saying something to appear collected and reasonable in front of the present company. His answer didn't exactly placate Mineva, did it?
>>
>>15467409
FF goals are purely political
And Char absolutely loathes politics, and yes, in FF plan theres little to no mention of Newtypes, something Char and his father hold very personal in their ideologies
>>
>>15467139

Earth , polluted and over populated , has always depended on the resources that came from the space
>>
>>15467418

> I got the impression he actually didn't give a shit either which way and was more saying something to appear collected and reasonable in front of the present company.

Well, in essence, Full Frontal seems like a nihilist, meaning he doesn't really care and is just acting on a function implanted into him.

> His answer didn't exactly placate Mineva, did it?

No, but I don't think she's looking at the Realpolitik of the situation anyway so.
>>
>>15467458

>over populated

I thought they said most of the Human race lived in space by that point?
>>
>>15467458
I would hardly called 2 billion being overpopulated
Thats 5 billion less than our current population
>>
>>15467465

There were still too much of a population gobbling up resources , War and Colony drops made things worst even though the major population decrease , the Earth was fucked which is why in Z Char wanted human kind to head out to space so the Earth can recover
>>
Considering that RIGHT NOW, we produce enough food to support 12 billion, I find it hard to believe that we space colonies where we can grow as well, we couldn't do it.
>>
>>15467409
It's more a direct reply by Mineva during that conversation, but Full Frontal is playing politician in a differently than Char. Unicorn mentions the Republic of Zeon is an autonomous nation (which helps explain the sizable military) but on a short leash. Upon 100UC Zeon is to be dissolved to local government of Side 3. Full Frontal plans to use the Box as a means to bargain for time to develop the Side Co-Prosperity Sphere. Full Frontal is accused of wanting the Box as a bargaining chip through the series, and does not want to open it. A couple characters mention ostracizing earth would just continue the cycle of wars over the same shit: Full Frontal isn't really concerned.

Back to your question anon, Mineva cites Full Frontal lacks "the passion and madness of Char" once he lays out his goals. Char had an accidental bout of sanity with the AEUG, giving nice speeches and acknowledging people needed time to change. Then he lost his patience and decided things weren't going fast enough and began to drop asteroids on Earth. Char could barely stand to have the meeting about buying Axis, much less really lead a nation-state. Meanwhile Full Frontal seems to be pretty well adjusted to acting as the figure Zeon's remnants needs.
>>
>>15467465

This: >>15467482 and Earth still seemed to bankroll influence. All the autonomous defense groups like Londo Bell were still deeply Fed made.
>>
>>15467465
>>15467473
At that point in time, the Earth was incapable of supporting even that many people. UC Earth was already suffering from the effects of pollution and climate change, add on all the massive strikes from dropped space-borne objects and you got a shit-hole unfit to produce the necessities for life.
>>
>>15467510

>couple characters mention ostracizing earth would just continue the cycle of wars over the same shit: Full Frontal isn't really concerned.

That's going to happen anyway given Mankind will find something to fight over.

So really, there is no harm in ostracizing Earth because the cycle of conflict is going to continue anyway, whether or not you leave things the same or go along with Full Frontal's objectives.
>>
>>15467557
For real, but it was a pretty easy callout against FF given the rinse and repeat of Zeonic wars. There'll still be wars. Just not WW12.
>>
>>15467430
>FF goals are purely politicalAnd Char absolutely loathes politics, and yes, in FF plan theres little to no mention of Newtypes, something Char and his father hold very personal in their ideologies

The insane amount of retconning that has been going on in the UC timeline since the mid eighties has all but made impossible to give the famous characters a clear and logic ideology. They say one thing in one show, and do the opposite in the next one. And so on...
Trying to justify what they do is just an exercise in frustration and really it doesn't lead anywhere if they appear in another show they'll do a 180 to what they did in the previous one.
You cannot justify what Full Frontal does, and doubly so if you think he has Char's brain or whatever.
>>
>>15467620
It really hasn't been too frustrating to follow Char. He's dangerous and duplicitous but has his progression. Granted I hadn't been watching Origin, so I'm sure that's mixed things up. But Char had always been loyal to his family and to spacenoids as a whole, but has habit of going incognito. He worked up in the Zeon army and got to killing Zabis out of revenge. We won't know how satisfied he was by the death of the Zabis when he gain Amuro as a rival and lost Lalah. Cut to a few years later and he's still a rogue entity in Zeta, but gets the chance to act on his own principles. He actually seemed well tempered at this point, he even got close to burying the hatchet with Amuro. He basically setups up the Titans defeat but loses his era of AEUG. Skip ahead to CCA and he's filled the Zeon power vaccum for himself and to realize his father's rhetoric of humanity embracing the next step of evolution through peace and understanding. By crushing the Earth with asteroids.... okay so CCA shouldn't really be defended. But that's how it went down.

FF is just a convenient shell for spacenoid's will. He says it, everyone not on his payroll says it less nicely. Plenty of people call him on his detached bullshit. He's the creator's excuse for more Char, but at least they took the time to make him a phony to the other characters, while the audience is a little less positive.
>>
>>15467409
>>15467430
>>15467461
>>15467510
>>15467676
My understanding is that FF was created as an idealized version of Char, specifically when he led Neo Zeon. He espouses the same goals, exhibits the same charisma and piloting aptitude, but ultimately is just an automation following his programming.

His nihilism makes sense, but he views it as acknowledging the inevitable, rather than something he wants to bring about like Rau le Creuset.
>>
>>15467139
>Did the Zeonic Wars really screw up Earth to the point that an advanced technology civilization could not support 2 billion people?
the OYW alone managed to cripple the Federation enough financially that they didn't recover till partway through Victory Gundam, and even that was only temporary going off G-Savior which shows the Federation undergoing it's final collapse
>>
>>15467711

FF basically has a plan that makes sense. It's not even particularly ambitious.

It's hilarious that Audrey goes "YOU'RE NOT CHAR CHAR WOULD NEVER FUCKING SAY THAT" for the simple reason that the plan is too sane.
>>
>>15467711

Actually, my way of looking at it was that it worked too well.

Remember, the core data is from the Sazabi. Let's assume Full Frontal has all of Char's memories - He knows, IMMEDIATELY, that Char didn't believe in the ideals of Neo-Zeon at all. He was just playing the role of figurehead.

That's why he's a nihlist. Their hero was built on false pretenses.
>>
>>15468074
>>15467139
I'm still finding a hard time seeing flaws in both FF's plan and arguments.

Who knew holding the screws to your "enemy" via sanctions and political pressure could be effective.
>>
>>15468431
>The epitome of martial excellence isn't winning every battle, but winning without fighting.
Trust FF to be the only person in the UC who has read The Art of War.
>>
Audrey criticized FF because his plan was only a short term solution and didn't care about the consequences. His actions would have helped his faction until Earth retaliated leading to a new conflict.

FF was adding to the problem and didn't care that his faction would get screwed over in the long run.
>>
>>15468477
I was going to counter-argue that it would be hard for the EF to go to war without enough funding/resources for weapons.
But then I remembered that if Zeon can keep pulling weapons and soldiers out of their ass for every OVA and spinoff, so could the Federation.
>>
>>15467139
The issue is the plan lacks a part-2. What he should actually say is that, once the Earth becomes desperate, bargain with it to provide resources it needs in exchange for freedom/independence for the Sides. That way, you avoid the inevitable future war, make the Earth dependent on the Sides, and basically everyone is happy.
>>
>>15467676
>Granted I hadn't been watching Origin, so I'm sure that's mixed things up.
That's why I consider Origin it's own separate continuity.

>>15468500
Pretty much this.
The Earth Federation could find ways to bi-pass the Co-Prosperity Sphere to avoid being deprived of resources.
>>
File: full front full retard.jpg (249KB, 1022x1600px) Image search: [Google]
full front full retard.jpg
249KB, 1022x1600px
>>15467139
>listen banagher this is my plan to peacefully embargo the federation
>also this is my giant doomsday magical robot
>>
>>15468916
A man's gotta have a hobby
>>
>>15468527
Except the people on Earth who just became second class citizens with a threat of being starved out if they don't obey.

Yeah i can see them being real happy over that shit.

>>15468500
This guy hits it on the head considering how stupidly easy it is for small groups to get advanced weapons in UC any 'blockade' is doomed from the get go.
>>
>>15468916
>>15468917
My sides
>>
>>15468916
seriously, how the fuck did they get the resources to build this thing and stuff it full of psychoframe?
>>
>>15469003
in a cave with a box of zaku scraps
>>
>>15468431
>Who knew holding the screws to your "enemy" via sanctions and political pressure could be effective.
im iranian, i can say that this is a tactic as old as warfare and is in use irl today.
>>
even a really fucked up earth can support more people than space colonies

really the population figures in the Universal Century are all bullshit, especially since almost every colony we've seen resembles a low-population density suburb or city, i wouldn't worry too much about them.
>>
>more and more UC retcons each year.
>you get something Thunderbolt which is OYW UC-AU.
>no expanded true AU animation projects outside of maybe a movie after the show has stopped airing.

It is so damn sad.
>>
>>15469003

They probably built it from the left overs of all previous Zeon projects.

Have to use whats available after all.
>>
>>15470246

UC is what sells so.
>>
>>15467550
>>15467763
Don't forget Operation Stardust. They dropped a colony on North America to wreck its farmlands, thereby trying to accelerate the environmental collapse to the point earthnoids would be forced to move to space.

There's also the fact that they were lobbing nukes and chemical weapons around at the start of the One Year War, enough to decimate the overall human population (we're talking over a billion people) in a matter of weeks. The Antarctic Treaty was signed entirely because the rate of people dying was going to lead to extinction. You're not going to be able to kill that amount of people without doing some serious shit to the land and major population centers.
>>
>>15467139
>Did the Zeonic Wars
It didn't help, but the Earth was kind of slowly dwindling on their own even before 0079 thanks to the Federation's lack of regard for the planet's environment. It's kind of where the ere-ism part of contolism came from. The OYW and subsequent conflicts just made things FAR worse than they already were.
>>
>>15467139
I never understood Full Frontal's origins.
Is he Venom Char?
Or is he Unsent Char considering he has his soul?
>>
>>15472092
Venom Char.

The novel IIRC says he was some newtype soldier from Neo Zeon, went under the knife to look like Char, and they implanted memories from the Psycoframe in him. Which going off of the OVA also mean's part of Char's soul I think. With the thing with Char's ghost showing up, or maybe Char was just invested, ghost invested I guess or some shit given the situation.

But yeah that's how I understand it.
>>
>>15472092
>>15472139
Could have sworn I read he was a clone or something.
>>
>>15472016

In the Johnny Rhidden Manga, they mentioned rain forests were being grown in Europe to off set the sheer amount that had been lost over the years, much of it from the war.
>>
>>15472178

They call lots of things "clones" in Gundam that probably aren't.

Carbon Humans and Schwarz Bruder being just two examples.
>>
>>15472178
Gaia Gear's the one with the legit Char clone iirc.
>>
>>15473023

Is Gaia Gear considered canon?
>>
>>15474843

No. It's never been considered canon either as far as I know.
>>
>>15469003
They simply funneled the money from the rest of Zeonites, why do you think most lived in pretty shitty conditions in Palau while FF and his fuckbuddies had top of the line MS with the Sinanju, Rozen Zulu, etc?
>>
>>15467139

>Would Full Frontal's plan just cause the Earth to rebuild and then strike back at the spacenoid because of the hardships the earthnoids endured?

Well, it isn't an issue in G-Reco is it?

Though Full Frontal's idea of things came to pass, it seems Mineva might have been right about Earthnoids living in poverty.

As I recall, isn't a high portion of Ameria's population destitute or impoverished?

Though it seems Earthnoids aren't interested in squabbling with Spacenoids as they are too busy waging war against themselves. However, I suppose that might be the "rebuilding to attack the Spacenoids" bit Mineva predicted and G Reco is just the early phases of any such development.
>>
>>15475136
G-Reco is literally set tens of thousands of years later
>>
>>15475136
How fucking retarded are you really?
>>
>>15475218

The idea would still hold true though even with that considerable jump in time in regards to Spacenoids securing independence from Earthnoids wouldn't it?

> literally set tens of thousands of years later

On which day of the week? I keep hearing flip flopping answers on that whenever it comes up, with the latest one being that Turn A is now 500 years after UC ends and that G Reco is 500 years after Turn A.
>>
>>15475243
>Turn A is now 500 years after UC
Wrong
https://youtu.be/Ez7D8c7dtDU
>>
>>15475251

What is this nonsense about it about then?:

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/

> Ogata: If you look at it that way, it seems like G Reco takes place 1000 years after UC ended.

> Tomino: Yes.

Unless whats on that website is a mistranslation and or I'm reading something wrong.
>>
>>15475251

I thought Tomino gave more than one answer for that?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.