[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody got any tips on how to take on Red Rum in chapter 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ps3acfa.jpg (88KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
ps3acfa.jpg
88KB, 500x337px
Anybody got any tips on how to take on Red Rum in chapter 3? I can kill Starka no problem with a gatling gun and blade to the face but Red Rum is 2fast4me and destroys my PA. Back weapons aren't really an option for me because I need two radars to keep track of them through the ECM.
>>
Lure in, hit with Assault Armor, blast with high DPS weapons, like rifles. Repeat till Red Rum is dead. Starka will die too from the Assault Armor

Use QB turns to keep up. Don't bother trying to outflank her.

One of the best fights in the game.
>>
>Red Rum
Is that the four legged one with the shotguns? She was a total bitch boosting all over the place in and out of that fog stuff.
>with a gatling gun
>a gatling gun
>a
>singular
There is your problem. There is nothing in this game that multiple gatling guns at once can't fix.
Or alternatively just active the cheese. Change game to Regulation 1.00 and kill her with the White Glint's spread missiles.
>>
>>15466858
In FA either dual gun or dual blade, there's no need for both... and goddamn get those fucking radars off your back, that's why you can't keep up with her. lmfao
>>
>>15466891
>There is nothing in this game that multiple gatling guns at once can't fix.

*cough*Occupation of Arteria Carpals Hard Mode*cough*
>>
>>15466858
> I need two radars to keep track of them through the ECM.

That's like riding a bike with training wheels. Get rid of them
>>
wew, finally did it. Dual equipped gatlings with a FS-LAHIRE FCS for fast lock speed, let Starka come to me then blasted him into Swiss cheese. Lured Red Rum in then hit her with Assault Armor and started blasting away while zigzagging, trying to keep her in my sights. Fun as fuck. Oh, and for anyone wondering my usual setup is
>Gatling on right arm
>EB-R500 Laser Blade on left arm
>RDF-O700 radar on right back
>CHEYENNE01 spread missile on left back
>relation missiles on shoulder
>EKHAZAR head
>GAN01 core
>AM-LAHIRE arms
>SOLDNER legs
>FS-LAHIRE FCS
>S08 MAXWELL generator
>AALIYAH boosters
>KRB-LAHIRE OB
Any tips on how I can improve it? I'm trying to keep a balance between high armor and decent speed.
>>
>>15467054
Did you make sure to use your FRS points? There's also really no need for a radar on singleplayer, even with ECM.
>>
>>15466858
Great now i feel like i have to replay the fucking game again.
>>
>>15467450
It's been so hard to find a cheap complete copy.
Even the disc is going for $20 alone on ebay.
Ironically the Japanese and PAL versions of the game go for like 10 bucks new.
>>
File: IMG_2496.jpg (53KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2496.jpg
53KB, 500x369px
>>15467467
Bro just check the GameStops/EBgames/whateverthefuck it is in your area's website, I found AC4 for 5 dollars used and For Answer for 10 dollars. Hope I helped if you haven't already tried that
>>
>>15467572
case and manual too?
>>
>>15467467
>>15467629
I got 4 and 4A on PS3 with case and manual for $10 each at a local game store. The Exchange in Northeast Ohio if you're in the area, I think the one in Canton still has them.
>>
>>15466858
Get an FCS with long lock range (i.e. a BFF model). The ECM reduces it, but if it was high enough to begin with you can just hang back and still be able to shoot from a reasonable difference. Remaining airborne is a good idea too, neither of them will stray far from the ground and it provides a better firing position

>>15467054
Oh, never mind.

>Any tips on how I can improve it?
Agreed with>>15467093, ditch the radar. Maybe you get some use out of one on a sniper build, but this obviously isn't one. Instead I suggest moving the spread missiles to the right back (by the way, did you know you can hold down the firing button to highlight multiple targets with missiles? It's useful for spread types), and installing a chaingun on the left (the GA one is best, but anything will do). This will let you double down on rapid-fire attack power and still keep that laser blade.

>GAN01 core
I might suggest the TELLUS core. It's (technically) mediumweight, but is hella durable and has decent AP, decent solid defence and the best energy defence of any core. More AP will only get you so far.

>FS-LAHIRE FCS
Would INBLUE not work better?

>S08 MAXWELL generator
Output is passable, if not the best. If you can afford to install it, the ARGYROS generator is bretty beefy. By far the best capacity and KP output and either the second or third best EN output by a slim margin, but it weighs as much as the fucking moon. Either that or the SOBRERO, which has insane EN output that far outstrips its nearest rival, but little else.

>AALIYAH boosters
Can't recommend these, they're horribly inefficient. Normal boost speed really doesn't matter all that much in FA, it's all about the quickboosts, and aerial combat is pretty important. Suggested alternatives for your playstyle include the HOLOFERNES side boosters and LAHIRE or JUDITH main boosters
>>
>>15466858
Is this gamefaqs
>>
>>15468255

Yes.

OP, stick on dual pilebunkers.
>>
>>15467637
I was able to get a complete copy of 4 for 7 bucks on eBay.
I'm gonna wait it out and hope a good deal on fa appears.
>>
>>15466858
ALL VULCANS, circle and shred their PA. The only mission I can think of that isn't solved by rolling in with four machine guns is the final mission on the evil path, the 2 on 5 mission.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.