[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO is about prohibition from believing adults.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

File: 1493076014418.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1493076014418.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
IBO is about prohibition from believing adults.
>>
>>15466698
>Lastname Firstname
Was he the most underwhelming Char clone we've had?
>>
>>15466698
What?
>>
>>15466704
His goal was understandable but his motives were stupid and mostly unnecesarry
>>
>>15466698
You wanna run that by me again?
>>
>>15466736
>My adoptive father diddled me so I'm gonna murder all my friends and take over the world with the help of some teenagers with attitude
I guess when you put it that way it does sound kinda dumb.
>>
>>15466736
The whole "I want to reform Gjallarhorn" narrative started to sound pretty sinister once he started waxing philosophical about how Agnika Kaeiru was a badass and that he had the right to reform the world how he wanted to because he was strong.
>>
>>15466736
His motives were fine. The only things he did wrong was not double check to make sure Gaelio was dead and not keeping the remaining seven stars as political prisoners or just straight up executing them from the beginning of his coup.
>>
>>15466788
>not keeping the remaining seven stars as political prisoners
>WWN see damsel-in-distress Iok bound and gagged
Don't fucking remind me.
>>
>>15466698
Nope, it was proof you can make gundam stoop lower that G-Saviour and create a divide with fake and real fans.
>>
>>15466915
So, just some clarification here, but what the fuck does that even mean? Is it just some kind of advanced shitposting?
What's a real fan? What's a fake fan?
>>
>>15466929
Its not even advanced. He's just repeating the same lame phrase over and over again. It might've gotten some traction because IBOfags do tend to be new to the franchise as its the latest AU, but its been too overused in shitposting that its now just a pretty obvious shitpost
>>
Daily reminder McGillis never went further than anything Lelouch would have done if this were Code Geass, yet he's portrayed as the ~big evil~ who must be stopped.
>>
>>15466929
Ignore him. Fake fans anon has been posting the same thing all night.
>>
>>15466698
But he was a (man)child.
>>
>>15466788
he also believed in superstition
>>
McGillis was great.
His background is believable, his fortuitous rise understandable, his sociopathy fitting and well-executed.

His deal with Tekkadan was similarly a pretty good idea. Revolutions in the real world have been started on much less. McGillis' belief that his possession of the Excalibur-like Bael showed that he had faith in the intelligence and sentimentality of the general public, which I believe was misplaced - but considering he grew up with almost no agency in the physical world - instead reading books as a form of coping and escapism - it was the strongest idea he espoused.

What went wrong was that he didn't have any sort of plan to force subjugation; although by law Gjallarhorn "must obey" Bael, if someone simply chose to refuse he wouldn't have much more than an above-average spec Mobile Suit to enforce his will with. I thought he could have gotten his own Mobile Armour, or at least Bael itself would have some sort of superweapon capable of forcing others to submit. It turned out Rustal had control of the situation and the Dainsleifs, as well as the tactical advantage of controlling the media.

Tekkadan, also, are admirable for making the attempt to wrestle sovereignty over Mars from their oppressors but the lack of communication and planning between McGillis and Tekkadan meant it all fell apart when their fodder was decimated.

I admire McGillis a lot; yes he was a sociopath and a psychopath but it's not like a person growing up in the conditions he did could really be much else. At the very least, he stuck to his ideals and his true self all the way to the bitter end. Gaelio would have been on his side all the way if he hadn't had to kill him; instead he just ended up butthurt he couldn't tell what his boyfriend was thinking and wanted revenge but not really for some reason. Gaelio really deserved to fail but some reason, he didn't.
>>
>>15467923

In a war, the guy with more resources and a better general tends to win, yes.
>>
U
>>
Serious question. Would you watch a Gundam series if the plot was regarding the Prohibition Act? (Alcohol being banned, which lead to organised crime)
>>
>>15467956
Macky was a shounen fag, he was boun to die in the IBO universe.
>>
>>15467986
Only if it has Gundams fueled by alcohol.
>>
>>15467986
Yes.
Or about War on Drugs of 1980s.
>>
>>15467674
Irony
>>
>>15467726
So did the rest of the Seven Stars before Gaelio's speech, from the look of things.
>>
>>15468098
With its pilot an american disciple of a drunken fist version of master asia.
>>
>>15467986
Nah. I'd however love to see Gundam shows with these things:
>Some Gundams and Mobile Suits that can achieve sentience over time and thus becoming beings with their own personalities, sets of feelings and so on (thus making the Gundam MC an actual MC)
>Gundams being Mobile Armors for once and their pilots instead command squads of thought-controlled Mobile Dolls

>>15468625
Master Asia was OP, but one incorporating Drunken Fist would be terrifying.
>>
>>15467986
I want a Gundam with a proper AI that has a character arc similar to Robota in GB3. I don't care if it's a shallow take on AI, I fucking want it.
>>
>>15466698
I thought it was about pedos?
>>
File: SLvD5Zl[1].png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
SLvD5Zl[1].png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>15466698
Don't be a delusional pedo.
>>
>>15471578
His true face.
>>
>>15467039
>implying Ledouche wasn't the bad guy of the series
>>
>>15466736

Gaelio and Carta would have readily helped him reform and even stage the coup had he opened up to them. He like half opened up to Gaelio and explained enough to get him to utilize Ein, but then he just killed him off. It's like he thought his own friends were completely unable to see what he did.

Agnika Kaeiru had the help of 7 other gundam pilots (hence all the gundam frames), not sure how he forgot that he did not make gjallerhorn alone.

What I'm also really not impressed with was how Rustal basically had no character development that would explain his transition to peaceful democrat from his underhanded strongman shit. I honestly though Gaelio was going to kill Rustal after he killed Char-clone.
>>
>>15467039

He wasn't a big evil at all and was never portrayed as such, his goals were noble he was just an idiot and went through with his plans the wrong way. Rustal and Mr. Nobliss were the "big evils"
>>
>>15466704
>most underwhelming Char clone
Pretty sure that's Zeheart. McGillis actually has SOME level of success under his belt.
>>
>>15474930

McGillis succeeded in his plan completely, the issue is that he didn't live to see it happen.
>>
>>15474930
>McGillis actually has SOME level of success under his belt.
No he just failed. I highly doubt that his reformation of GH would be anything like what Rustal did given his nonsense to which even Tekkadan saw through as just bullshit and delusions of a child. Yeah Tekkadan got what they wanted in the end because by the end of the day they never gave a shit about glory or standing out while McGillis plan was centered entirely on him ruling because he thought he was the one "destined" for glory as writing in a picture book. McGillis is a non-romanticized Char whereas the actual Char and his clones are step up as these smart charismatic anti-villains who are willing to get their hands dirty to achieve what they believe is the "greater good" and are looked fondly of despite that McGillis is just a failure who achieved nothing, didn't have any followers that thought anything of him and even his best friend didn't understand him either and now his image is forever known as the terrorist who tried to take over an "honest and good" organization like GH and failed spectacularly. And that's why I like him, he's Char if you strip him of everything that make people drawn to him and his influence, a demented manchild.
>>
>>15475110
>even Tekkadan saw through
>Tekkadan seeing through anything
>Tekkadan being anything other than aimless mercs who barely knew what to do
McGillis acted like a retard towards the end when Gaelio started to derail his plan, but let's not pretend he wasn't the best character next to Kudelia, just for the fact that they were amongst the few characters who actually developed as they had new experiences. Which is a pretty low bar, but somehow IBO wasn't able to reach it for most of its main cast
>>
>>15475290
>Tekkadan seeing through anything
But they did hence why Orga told everyone to change their plans and wanted to bail when it was apparent that the guy was off his rocker and they didn't have a chance.

>McGillis acted like a retard towards the end when Gaelio started to derail his plan,
>towards the end
Nah he was retarded even in S1
>but let's not pretend he wasn't the best character next to Kudelia
Don't insult McGillis like that, he's the only character in which I thought Nagai's and Okada's plan for him went to fruition and actually gave us an interesting subversion of the Char clone where you strip him of everything without making him too pathetic (Chronicle) or being so poorly written that he doesn't make sense (Zeheart), like Mask he's Char if you strip all the "cool" factor to distract the fact that he's a sociopathic mamma's boy who's final act was ultimately losing against the man who killed his surrogate mother and watching his plans fail.
>>
>>15466698

I hated him throughout the first season because he barely did anything meaningful to take him seriously. But him and Gaelio really made it worth watching the second season, the show basically died with them after the penultimate episode.
>>
>>15475326
>Don't insult McGillis like that, he's the only character in which I thought Nagai's and Okada's plan for him went to fruition
Wasn't it true for Orga as well? He turend out the way he was meant to in the end. And kicked the bucket in the process.
>>
>>15474925
Rustal was willing to do anything in the name of Order; once Order was established there was no need to be brutal
>>
>>15468834
>>15468834
>>>15467986
>Nah. I'd however love to see Gundam shows with these things:
>>Some Gundams and Mobile Suits that can achieve sentience over time and thus becoming beings with their own personalities, sets of feelings and so on (thus making the Gundam MC an actual MC)
>>Gundams being Mobile Armors for once and their pilots instead command squads of thought-controlled Mobile Dolls

Nigga this is Gundam not flcl. Its not meant to be about the mobile suits coming to life and looking for a heart or some shit.

May as well watch transformers with your basic ass self.
>>
>>15475110

He failed completely. Like, just watch his final battle, when he's going like "Look, Gaelio! This is a battle people will recall for ages to come!"

He's completely wrong, because the only reason why people AREN'T jumping in is because Rustal went "No, no. I want to see this fight. Watch this, it's going to be HILARIOUS."
>>
>>15474925
Rustal even mentioned that Agnika has nothing to do with Gjallahorn except he's a mere role model for them to follow. Agnika is not even around when Gjallahorn was established.
>>
>>15478183
>>15479522
>Its a Rustalfag being retarded episode
>>
>>15479481
>"No, no. I want to see this fight. Watch this, it's going to be HILARIOUS."
I chuckled.
>>
>>15479481
>Rustal went "No, no. I want to see this fight. Watch this, it's going to be HILARIOUS."
And that scene is why I can't take the Rustalfags who jerk themselves off about how Rustal was a realistic military commander seriously, at all
>>
So, while reading some Combat Spec fluff on the gundam wiki I got spoilered to hell and back after having stopped watching IBO around the time Mikazuki fought that damned big ass War Machine

Anyone know if there are plans for a continuation of the IBO storyline with Mikazuki's son & The New Martian Government?
>>
>>15479807

It's because he wanted to curry favor with Gaelio. In the new world order, Gaelio - now the hero of Gjallhorn - is going to be on top of the heap. Since no-one's in any real danger, why not let him fight it out with the Chocolate Man?

>>15479834

There are no more Gundams left. Basically, any chance of a revolt has been extinguished. Literally every Gundam frame shown in the series has been wrecked, and Bael is heavily restrained with the cockpit block removed.
>>
>>15480086
>>15480086

Yeah, but what's stopping someone from building them again?

Wasn't that the case with the old Gundam Wing? a bunch of clandestine motherfuckers got together and build like fucking loads of em?
>>
>>15480097

What are you going to build it from? Gundam frames are irreplaceable, and the AV system has been outlawed. There might be a couple more out there, but there's been a massive crackdown by the end of the series.

Besides, to control a Gundam, you need an AV system. You think Kudelia's going to let little Mika undergo a surgery that has a really high chance of leaving you crippled?

Also, what are they going to fight against? Gjallhorn's reforms are a step in the right direction and anyway Rustal has overwhelming military force. Tekkadan wasn't fighting for truth, justice and liberty, they were fighting to put themselves at the top of the heap. Macky was arguably doing so, but Macky was crazy and wanted to be King.

There's nothing left.
>>
>>15480117
Post Tekkadan raid/Pre epilogue, Pirates nab a floating Gundam (like how most were found) and Gjallarhorn take them down as it's their jobs.
Would be a nice quick short or one ep OVA.
>>
>>15480854
>Gundams lose again
>>
>>15480097
>Yeah, but what's stopping someone from building them again?
They actually lost the technology. Sure, you have large shady businesses like Teiwaz building MS, but they're literally learning how to do that for the first time.

Also, no one except Gjallarhorn can build ahab reactors, so either find an alternative power source that happens to have just as much energy potential for the size if not more, or start attacking Gjallarhorn and/or other groups that have MS to steal their reactors to salvage.

But unless you pull off some crazy heist like taking over an entire ship full of MS, you'll have to resort to defeating and capturing MS in battle.. and the whole retard cycle begins again because you can only chase down or defeat one MS with another.
>>
>>15479546
>It's chocofag still being butthurt.
>>
File: 1484327750081.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484327750081.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>>15479546
Oh shut up.
McGillis' plan is retarded from the start. The moment he decides to be alone and kill his friends for his ideal world, he's already fucked up.

Accept it, while his motives are debatable, his plan is still retarded. Not to mention that Rustal is an okay leader and the one who changed the status quo. McGillis and his fallen comrades must be rolling in their graves knowing how foolish have they become.
>>
>>15474930
No.

Its a tie between McGillis and Mask. And maybe Chronicle.
>>
>>15482256
>>15482186
>Not to mention that Rustal is an okay leader and the one who changed the status quo.
Sup Rustalfag
>>
>>15482186
But what if I'm a chocolafag because he was completly retarded and died in a very funny way ?
>>
>>15483618
Cronicle barely qualifies as a Char clone. Guy had more in common with Kycilia.

Mask is probably the most underwhelming Char clone though.
>>
>>15483782
If so then you're papa Fareed who give them the butthurt.
>>
>Tfw we will never get Almiria's Counterattack and Ride Flash
>>
>>15483909
>Mask is probably the most underwhelming Char clone though.
Only if you're dumbass
>>
>>15474930
McGillis was a complete failure but he's a good Char clone mainly because of his characterization being a break down to what Char truly is behind the mask. What so many retards seem to forget is that Char's entire character is about how much of a petty faggot he was beneath the "cool exterior" which is why he's such a great character because he's a flawed human being under that exterior. Why do you think we have so many faggots like this >>15483909
saying that Mask was underwhelming because he "kept losing to the Gundam" and you have to wonder if these people have watched any Gundam anime prior to it, hell McGillis battle record here was pretty fucking lousy, he never thought Mika and he completely flubbed despite having a high spec suit because he was completely delusional but nobody brings that up.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.