[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IBO.jpg (264KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IBO.jpg
264KB, 1366x768px
Shit wouldn't hit the fan if only their toxic co-dependent relationship was broken up.
>>
That's the point. It's a Scarface story: the world was theirs and they blew it.
>>
>>15465956
This.

>/m/ doesn't like Scarface
Truly the plebbiest of boards.
>>
Blind faith is often repaid with blind leadership, says I.
>>
>>15465963
I like that it all blew in their face in the end instead of magically solving all their problems but it still doesn't make up for 50 episodes of shit boring writing just because the plot kicked in on the last 5
>>
>>15465963

>/m/ doesn't like Scarface
>implying Orga was any ace despite the scarf
>>
>>15465949
If Biscuit were alive they would've been just fine
>>
>>15466028

>Biscuit lives
>A lot of the events will probably played out different down the road

So, IBO version of Gihren's Greed when?
>>
If they had just fucking disbanded at the end of S1 or at least after the fake proxy war they would have all been FUCKING FINE and gotten out of everything COMPLETELY SCOTT FREE.
>>
>>15466069
...but also been unemployed and without any marketable skills other than murdering people for money. I guess they could sell their assets, but it didn't seem like they owned enough to set the whole company up.
>>
>>15466069
They didn't because Orga's a pussy retard who got scared of Mika even though Mika takes his every word as gospel. At the end of S1 Orga could've just said "We did it! This is the place!" and Mika would've been happy enough to go be a retarded farmer on Mars or something.
>>
>>15466076
Even without liquidating anything they had enough money for everyone to live off their severance packages for a year or two. After liquidating, good fucking night. If they stuck around Mullet Rockabilly and had him or Kudelia Sugoi manage their money they could have simply invested most of their severance pay and lived off the dividends, or become landlords. They would have also probably come to the same conclusion about having Old Beardman change their names in the process, making them employable.

Seriously though, they were loaded to the gills at that point.
>>
>>15465984
This is simply not true. The first 5 episodes have great energy, then it gets boring until they land on Earth. S2 had a weak start, but got better with the episode count.
>>
>>15465963
Oh so fake gundam fans are from /tv/, got it.
>>
>>15466181
Go shitpost in the astro boy prequel thread. I saw you there trying to start shit
>>
>>15466228
There is an Astro Boy sequel? Also you are confusing me with someone else.
>>
File: McGillisPeace.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
McGillisPeace.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
>>15465949

Honestly, McGillis is what doomed them more than anything that pig headed silly relationship they have with one another ever did. The relationship just spurred them on.

McGillis was literally so delusional he mistook their success and power to be the nascent winning side at the time rather than a sign of desperation and basic humanity when he threw his lot in with them.
>>
>>15466035
We need a Rau's Wrath first.
>>
>>15465963
>>15465956
Please, I wish it was like scarface but it wasn't. In the end they made it seem like orga and co's sacrifices were for some noble shit for a bright future for the remains of tekkadan, which was the absolute opposite of scarface. If anything, it made it seems like you miss the point of scarface.
>>
>>15465949
congrats: you figured it out.
McGillis and Orga got lucky by betting on Mika being able to win against anything. It worked for a while, but Rustal was playing an entirely different game.
Honestly, IBO's story only stops making sense if you consider Tekkadan as infallible protagonists. Orga fucked up pretty badly, but he was still able to give most of his family a good life in the end.

>>15466181
>fake gundam fan
It's not catching on, man.
>>
>>15466563
Lastname Firstname was always shit.
>>
>>15466640
The difference was that Tekkadan weren't as irredeemably bad as Tony became, which was why they were allowed a somewhat more heroic end. It was still basically just buying time to let the rest get away so that they weren't so thoroughly punished for what were fundamentally Orga, Mika and McGillis's mistakes. The three responsible for the bad decisions that led them to that point all died.
>>
>>15466782
And that difference is a major one that drastically changes the overall story and its themes, which makes comparing it to Scarface pointless. Not only where tekkadan barely punished, the ones who died like Orga and Mika went down thinking they did the right thing. In fact, it's precisely because I actually like Scarface that I think >>15465963 is full of shit.
>>
>>15465984
Dropped as they were reaching earth in season 1 (around ep 20 I think eyebrows girl was about to be the villain of the week) is it worth finishing or no?
>>
>>15466838
Its not worth it. You made the right decision dropping it. I wish I'd done what you did instead of wasting my time
>>
>>15466838
The Carta arc and the battle for Edmonton is actually one of IBO's high points.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.