[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunrise being a dick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 26

File: images.png (7KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 292x172px
Will Sunrise make an actual fucking series on UC gundam not some shitty OVA that nobody cares about.It's been awhile since we get an actual series on UC,well the last time we get unicorn but it's still count as ova and it take 4 years to finish like wtf...
>>
They will just do whatever they want, and will never give a damn on what you want. No point for ranting.
>>
File: ned.png (171KB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
ned.png
171KB, 540x280px
>>15465248
They literally just came out with 0096 as a 25ep series, dummy.

Also the OVAs tend to be the best entries in not just UC, but in the whole franchise.
>>
>>15465287
You mean a time slot filler that was just a re edit of the OVAs?
>>
>>15465248
>last time we get unicorn
G-Reco, actually.

Also, you type like an alien who just discovered a keyboard.
>>
>>15465248
Early UC should have been put to rest after CCA (barring inconsequential stuff like the OYW side stories). Unicorn was a boring rehash that made CCA seem even more pointless and pathetic, while Origin is just awful in every way.
>>
>>15465392
CCA wasn't that great of an ending for the Early UC. Unicorn was more conclusive no matter how many people parrot the same rehash complaint.
>>
They should've just made a new original IP imo.
>>
>>15465392
>while Origin is just awful in every way.

Ahhhhhh yes this meme again.
>>
>>15466825
>Unicorn was more conclusive

No. Unicorn was utterly inconsequential no matter how you look at it. From beginning to end there was no point to any of the story

>they find the box
>DUDE THE FEDERATION WILL CHANGE NOW LMAO

Then we see from f91 and Crossbone gundam literally nothing changes
>>
>>15465287
>Also the OVAs tend to be the best entries in not just UC, but in the whole franchise.
How so?
>>
>>15466844
You said Early UC only faggot not the whole thing. Besides, war and corruption doesn't just fuck off magically.
>>
>>15466844
F91 and beyond had nothing to do with Zeek retards trying to start up shit using the same tired excuses which is the point of Unicorn's ending.
>>
>>15466830
After the BNP split, Sunrise is pretty much a Gundam/Lovelive studio-only. Even the recent Classicaloid, although animated by Sunrise staff, had to be produced by BNP.
>>
Fukui is currently writing the Unicorn sequel, so no
>>
>>15465248
What kind of series would you guys even like, anyway? Every time you say you want something and a new show actually does it, you say it's shit.

>Just do another UC, it's the only one that matters!
>Unicorn is shit!

>Do a UC-derivative with cuhrazy MS design and Turn-A influences!
>Reconguista in G is confusing as fuck!

>Where's my gritty Game of Thrones Gundam with no beam weapons?
>Iron-Blooded Orphans sucks!

Like, what do you WANT? Seems like /m/ just wants the MSV-fest that is Unicorn without any Gundams or any politics, or in fact any human characters at all except little brown girls or /ss/.
>>
>>15465248
>we will never get Crossbone Vanguard animated despite its popularity in Japan and Tomino's continual endorsement of it
>all because Sunrise executives and especially their overlords at Bandai are far too scared of alienating the mainstream audience to deviate away from MUH NEO-NEO-NEO ULTRA-ZEON REMNANTS vs FEDERATION rehashings
>>
>>15466878
/m/ isn't one person. Also, it's not hipocritical to ask for something, have it be mediocre (unicorn) or terrible (IBO) and then get mad over it. Not everyone is a shiteater who accepts anything that vaguely resembles their desire.
>>
File: dragonaur.jpg (142KB, 608x902px) Image search: [Google]
dragonaur.jpg
142KB, 608x902px
>>15466830
They tried that
>>
>>15465248
Fuck UC. Explore the other AUs instead. I am even willing to accept another AW or CE if it means no more UC.
>>
>>15466897
They won't go back to old AUs the whole point of AUs is attracting new fans. We could get another new AU though.
>>
File: 1489707737147.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489707737147.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
Honestly, despite not having the advantages of an OVA, I think the best thing for the UC to do is give us a 50 episode show again. Things would be more fleshed out and characters would have a better chance of growing out of their autism. Granted, I think Unicorn is the best UC OVA by far but here in /m/, that's not saying much since every OVA is terrible apparently.
>>
>>15466888
The head looks like Zeta Gundam put on a UN Spacy helmet.
>>
>>15465248
You're getting an OVA about Zeon Gundam: The Gundam That True Fans Want

In the universal century Zeon Char Zeon, the coolest Zeon in all of Zeon, was being oppressed by the big bad evil meanie federation. GMs and Jegans which are lame and stupid were oppressing the zeons so he got in the Zeon Gundam, which was like the RX-78 but spiky and bright red. Zeon Char Zeon then unsheathed his zeon made beam sword which was made out of newtype minovsky particles that were folded over a million times and cut through the jegans. "Nothing personal kid" he said as he teleported behind a jegan with his newtype powers and cut him into a million pieces. And then Captain Bright came but because he's cool he's a zeon now and he took Zeon Char Zeon onto his new ship called The Glory of Zeon where he gave Zeon Char Zeon the Zeon Gundam Cross Buster Double XVI Booster Gold with TWO beams swords folded over a billion times each. With his new weapon he went down to earth and started killing all the GMs Jegans and Federations with his Zeon Gundam Cross Buster Double XVI Booster Gold and his army of Zakus which cut through all the other GMs and Jegans like they were made out of tinfoil. Zeon Char Zeon then killed the entire Federation and destroyed the Earth so the environment could be free from earthnoids. Zeon Char Zeon was relaxing after his victory when suddenly a bunch of stupid lame pirate guys with midget mobile suits showed up. "Who the fuck are you losers?" Zeon Char Zeon said. "We're the Crossbone Vanguard! Will you be our friends?" But Zeon Char Zeon laughed at them cause they ere losers and said "You wish you were as cool as Zeon!" and killed them. Then a bunch of retarded guys with even smaller mobile suits that had bug eyes and beam helicopters were gonna ask if they could be friends too but the Zanscare was even lamer than the crossbone losers so Zeon Char Zeon killed them before they could even ask. Then Zeon ruled over everything forever. The End.
>>
>>15466844
>Then we see from f91 and Crossbone gundam literally nothing changes

Just wait, they're gonna do a "throw the EU (late UC in this case) out with the dishwater" to old F91 and Victory, and slot in new shows.

You're gonna get your Zeon Babylonia and Zeonscar and you're going to LIKE IT. Not like there will be an alternative if that actually happens.
>>
File: 1769434.jpg (587KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1769434.jpg
587KB, 700x800px
>>15466925

The head of it is pretty much Iczer Robo but with yellow horns.
>>
>>15466931
>>15466942
I thought the Gundam was going to be a bad guy this time.
>>
>>15466881
Crossbone getting animated would lead to the sequel series getting animated, I think, and that would be terrible.

>>15466887
>belittles Unicorn and IBO
>has nothing to say about G-Reco
Shows how much of an impact that piece of shit show made.
>>
>>15466897
>or CE
What would the story even be about? Jesus and his merry band of superfriends already rule the entire universe with an iron grip after Destiny.

Unless ANCIENT SPACE WHALES.
>>
>>15466963

Too important an image to sell. You can have Gundams being in the hands of the baddies but only if the good side has one too.

What will happen in future titles UC is that Zeon will pull off Destiny-level Gundamjacks but despite the dead civilians, stomped babies, bludgeoned mothers, shot workers, and hole in the colony hull, the theft is alright because jacking a Gundam for the glorious cause of Zeon is never wrong.
>>
>>15466942
They don't need to throw away old continuity. They can just insert a new Zeon revival in late UC, while still keeping minor references to F91, Crossbone and Victory.
>>
>>15466973
Kira becomes Char and starts dropping asteroids on Earth but Shinn 2.0 goes to stop him.
>>
>>15466982
Animate Mars Zeon's invasion of Earth. And retcon the piss out of it so they have more shit to sell. And in the end, it turns out they managed to salvage the second F90's computer and install it in a new suit, just so we get Char as a final boss again.
>>
>>15466986
Why go to all the effort though? He literally just needs to say the word and the entire Earth population will move to space with a few hypnotic melodies from Darth Lacus.
>>
>>15466931
Sorry but it needs more Zeon
>>
>>15466888
Why are there no fucking BD rips of this show?
>>
>>15467000
can we start with full subtitles?
>>
>>15466977
>You can have Gundams being in the hands of the baddies but only if the good side has one too.
I wonder what Twilight Axis is going to do, since there only one Gundam so far and its at the hands of the baddies
Maybe thats why the new Byarlant looks like a Gundam
>>
>>15466998
Zeon of Zeon sieg Zeon for the Zeon Glory to Zeon?
>>
>>15466982

I'm surprised the Jupiter Empire hasn't funded a few Zeon movements as bad as Crux Dongatie despises the Federation.

Heck, he could even get away with it given a lot of their Mobile Suits weren't even seen till later, meaning the Federation likely wouldn't recognize things like the Batara Pez, meaning there would be little to trace it back to the Jovian colonies.
>>
>>15466982
There are currently 4 Early UC anime in the making right now. Not that I mind that sense I'm still new to Gundam and I do like the iconic Zeon but I think it'd be cool if they make 1 EUC and 1 LUC anime to please all fans instead of going all the way with the former.
>>
>>15467008
I'm liking it
Add a few Neo's in it and it's perfect
Because remember, Zeon no longer exist, Its Neo Zeon now
>>
>>15466973
Space Whales enters the solar system and vows vengeance against the humans for decapitating their brethren and displaying him like some sort of kill trophy.
>>
>>15467013
Weren't the Crossbone Vanguard given some funding by Jupiter? The Crossbone Vanguard backed Mars Zeon, so if so, they did - just indirectly.
>>
>>15465248
>not some shitty OVA that nobody cares about

Well, you have just absolutely no taste. God forbid we actually get a series about the war in UC for once. I'm tired of Gundam being a soapbox for Japan's pathological desire to be anti-war.

I'm going to get my gritty war drama, and there's nothing you faggots can do about it. Cry more
>>
>>15466847
Name one good series in the past decade over 30 episodes.

No, before you say it, 00 was not good, merely passable.

OVAs, at the very least, are able to give us complex mechanical designs and give them good animation due to their higher budget per episode, so whether or not they are good, you can be damn sure the fights will be pure eye candy.
>>
>>15467044
Just about every Gundam entry minus Destiny in the past 30 years has been good. Better than average, at least. What standard are you judging them by? Because it's not like there are many movies or shows written much better. I bet you think Game of Thrones is good.
>>
>>15467044
00, AGE, IBO.
>>
>>15467032

Yes they did.

HOWEVER, I do believe Mars Zeon was seen destroying a Jupiter Energy Fleet ship at least once during a test of some weapon or another.
>>
>>15467044
Fuck off 00 was great
>>
>>15467062

Wow. That's almost the equivalent of shooting a Red Cross patient transport ship. How the hell did they get away with that?
>>
>>15467044
GBF is close if only it didn't have 25 eps.
>>
>>15467032
>>15467062
Makes me wonder if Sunrise will animate F90
It does have Zeon, so there's a chance
>>
>>15467113
There's really not a lot there. It'd be a very short ONA, unless they expanded on it (i.e. making a story out of their invasion later on).
>>
>>15466905
50 episodes is too long for a Gundam. Gundam always has pacing issues. 3 cours are always better since it makes it a tighter narrative
>>
>>15467119
How short is it?
I mean Twilight Axis doesn't seem like a long story either
>>
Why is everyone itt complaining about Zeon Revivals? Outside of the original set of Early UC(0079,Zeta,ZZ,CCA) there's only really been two Zeon revival series, that being 0083 in the 90s and more recently Unicorn
>>
>>15467138
>One of the F90s gets stolen during testing.
>They hit a mine on the way to Mars.
>At Mars, Bosch betrays the Federation and the fleet gets fucked up - thanks as well to some RF Adzams.
>Def and friends end up on Mars. Goes out in the ADS F90.
>Fights Bosch in Mars Zeon's base after they test their mass driver - and destroy it by accident, iirc.

It's 11 or so chapters long. Took me 30 minutes to read it all.
>>
>>15466844
>Then we see from f91 and Crossbone gundam literally nothing changes
That's the point. The whole point of UC is that humans are stupid and keep repeating the same mistakes, even when faced with the possibility to change.
>>
What if late UC's problems are all originally caused by the federation? twilight axis takes place in UC 0096 and the feds are basically still shady and corrupt as heck, that is why spacenoids will never reconcile with them earthnoids.
>>
>>15467073

There were no witnesses to it who came foward, I believe.
>>
>>15465248
>It's been awhile since we get an actual series on UC

G-Reco LITERALLY came out like a year ago
>>
>>15467113

Technically, was Mars Zeon defeated fully after their invasion?

Or are they still lurking on Mars somewhere, rebuilding for the right moment?
>>
>>15467125
Shows like Gundam X is by far the best paced story I've ever watched
>>
>>15467176
Anon, idk how to say this, but IBO started nearly two years ago.
>>
I have a feeling that greco movies will be able to redeem the anime tv series. Just like what happened to the original gundam series whereby the success comes from the movies and not the tv series
>>
>>15467152
Technically ZZ and CCA are Zeon revivals. Zeta too but only in the end. Not that I mind though.
>>
>>15467206
As somebody who absolutely despises G-Reco, I hope you're right. There was a lot of potential in that show, I hope Tomino takes the criticism to heart and I wonder if the G-Reco fanbase is going to turn around and start shitting on it for "dumbing things down" (aka actually explaining shit).
>>
>>15467168
And that autism can be cured by physical abuse.
>>
File: 1484376086639.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1484376086639.png
392KB, 451x619px
>>15467166
Maybe wonder if there's an incentive to do it in the first place given its length
Though that same thing could also be detrimental
Maybe a Movie instead of an OVA series
>>
>>15467207
The Zeta one is pretty much the ZZ one
Except in ZZ they actually proclaim themselves as a Zeon revival later down the line
>>
File: SunQuan1.gif (93KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
SunQuan1.gif
93KB, 150x150px
>>15466897
>Explore the other AUs instead
>>
>>15467044
00, Build Fighters and G-Reco were all enjoyable to me in different ways.
>>
>>15467252
Isn't it ironic how G Gundam is undeniably the best AU show and yet it's universe isn't interesting enough for side projects?
>>
>>15465248
>Will Sunrise make an actual fucking series on UC gundam not some shitty OVA that nobody cares about.It's been awhile since we get an actual series on UC,well the last time we get unicorn but it's still count as ova and it take 4 years to finish like wtf...

Fucking goddam man you've just got a 50 fucking episode show called IBO. You people are fucking never satisfied.
Sunrise should do 1 thing, drop the mother of all bombs on its own fans obliterating them once and for all. And then go on to make a shoujo like anime for the enjoyement of the rest of us.
>>
>>15467282

Do we know G Gundam isn't part of the UC timeline?

I remember someone saying that it's history, or some variation of it, happens in the so called "Dark History" of Turn A."

I think the "Walking Dome" Mobile Armors in Turn A have the same prefix as Neo Japan's Fantoma Mobile Armor.
>>
>>15466888
>>15467000
Got into Dragonar after playing A.C.E. 2, disappointed that it didn't evolve into a big franchise
>>15467002
Sad that /m/subs only got to episode 23. That group was doing mecha lord's work
>>
File: Cyj5iEVVEAAR8wp.jpg (536KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Cyj5iEVVEAAR8wp.jpg
536KB, 2048x1536px
Origin is the show I always wanted and I absolutely love it.
>>
>>15467298
Well, Wing's part of the Dark History too so take that as you will.
>>
>>15467298
I think in some manual it states that the nanomachines in Turn A are actually upgraded DG cells
>>
File: HuangZhong2.gif (158KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
HuangZhong2.gif
158KB, 150x150px
>>15467282
Let Domon have his happy ending with his pony Gundam
>>
>>15467326

>I think in some manual it states that the nanomachines in Turn A are actually upgraded DG cells

If that's true, it's nice to see that the Dark Gundam was able to do some of the good it was intended for, even if that happened to be mankind reverse-engineering it's technology.
>>
File: sayla.jpg (26KB, 616x346px) Image search: [Google]
sayla.jpg
26KB, 616x346px
>>15467322

I await for Based Sayla
>>
>>15467044
technically speaking AGE had some fight scenes that were on OVA levels of animation.
It was the only show I've seen in recent history outside Unicorn that had mecha animated in a 3d space
>>
>>15466970
>he doesn't want spooky ghost gundamus in his anime
>>
File: 1487351618465.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487351618465.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>15467322
Can't wait to see the Australian genocide finally being animated this year
And also more Amuro and Kai >>15467349 and Sayla too
>>
>>15467322
I'm annoyed that we never saw a weak and vulnerable Char when he was a child but that was only episode 1, from then on I enjoyed it. Why do people hate it?
>>
>>15467360
>he's not excited for Hayato
>>
>>15467360
>Can't wait to see the Australian genocide finally being animated this year
DELET THIS
>>
>>15467388
I guess I have a stigma for manlets after being in /fit/
>>
>>15467408
>I guess I have a stigma for manlets after being in /fit/

Hayato was strong enough to judo flip Ryu
>>
>>15467207
That's why I said outside if the original set, which was when the franchise was still in its early phase and things were all pretty new
>>
>>15466888
those trips though
>>
>>15467295
>shoujo like anime
I want an Utena meets Zeta so bad. Will it ever happen?
>>
>>15467344
>do some of the good it was intended for
I dunno about you, but I don't think becoming the basis forthe Moonlight Butterfly that destroyed Civillization on Earth, isn't exactly what I would call "good"
>>
File: 03Ph001.jpg (274KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
03Ph001.jpg
274KB, 540x800px
Anime when?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pUB_DCYoFS8
>>
>>15467698
>Utena as a mecha series
Granted, it's a Super Robot anime rather than a real and it's not really anything like Zeta, but we already have it-- it's called Star Driver.
>>
>>15467298
Dark History is literally every Gundam show dude.
Even if you made a Gundam show, it would count under Dark History. Turn A is the finale to Gundam.
>>
>>15467211
>As somebody who absolutely despises G-Reco,
I didn' know you were such a big fan of dick!
>>
>>15467044
00 is one of my favorite gundam series.
>>
>wtf
>...
Leave.
>>
Any fully-fledged UC series would just be about Zeon's corpse being exhumed for the sake of easy money all over again.
>>
>>15466847
Animation quality is better than the shows, no newtype BS fudging up important plot points, and much less filler episodes.
>>
>>15467359
I just don't want cloned brains piloting mobile suits, monkeys piloting mobile suits, or aliens in UC.

>>15468006
And you fuckers wonder why nobody gives your shit show a chance.
>>
>>15466881

What endorsement has he made of it? I was going to say beyond putting his name to the original manga, but even that's questionable since he's the IPs big name and creator, so his name is added to stuff by default. I'd also question why his endorsement means anything. After 0079 his Gundam shows had diminishing returns in terms of viewership, with Victory apparently being low enough that Sunrise decided to ditch the idea of UC TV animations basically indefinitely (Unicorn's re-edit aside), and giving the IP to other people for a while. They called him back in for Gundam's 20th Anniversary and seem to have given him an almost unprecedented level of freedom for Turn-A, which not only had a good few episodes with no fights, but had a Western mechanical designer and didn't even feature the Gundam in the first episode - a request he was denied in Victory, resulting in slightly out of order opening episodes. And Turn-A was a commercial failure. After Turn-A they seem to have mostly lost faith in the guy, and even when he did come back they put him on a late night slot.

Also, if Banrise wanted to make Crossbone and their only concern was that it wasn't Zeon they'd very obviously just make it and put out a Zeon OVA or something at the same time to appease fans, so acting like it's just the fact it's not a Zeon story that stops them is silly.
>>
>>15466830
true
>>15466888
except this, should have been a gundam show
>>
File: Astray Destroy.jpg (318KB, 869x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Astray Destroy.jpg
318KB, 869x1228px
>>15466973

Perhaps Phantom Pain's remnants running amok?

Someone correct me if, I'm wrong, but I believe not every member of Phantom Pain has been accounted for and, as of the Astray series, there could still be some lurking in the shadows with their war material, like more Destroy Gundams or some other Mobile Armors capable of destroying whole armies and leveling cities.

As they only answered to Blue Cosmos-LOGOS, which were destroyed as an organization, they have no master and may do as they please, being that they don't answer to the Earth Alliance proper.

They could essentially do what Patrick Zala's remnants did, only to the PLANTS, and possibly do it better given they could have more resources.
>>
File: med_1429604570_image.jpg (38KB, 640x491px) Image search: [Google]
med_1429604570_image.jpg
38KB, 640x491px
>>15465248
Sunset.
>>
>>15465392
>Origin is just awful in every way.
Kill yourself, anime-only pleb fag
>>
Fuck Zeon and fuck the dumb Japs that like Zeon so much
Boring EVERYTHING IS GREEN AND RED AND LOOKS LIKE A BUG shite
>>
File: 1482735053109.gif (799KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482735053109.gif
799KB, 600x400px
FUCK UC

How many fucking times do we need to revisit the OYW with a "never been seen before" Gundam protoype and a super secret late war Zaku that piloted by aces that were never mentioned before ever?

If it isn't the OYW it post CCA with Neo-Neo-Neo+ Zeon remnants with that have less then 5 mobile suits and are operating out of an old mine.

Thunderbolt isn't even true UC it is basically UC/AU since there never was a South Seas Alliance, an Atlas Gundam, Reuse Zaku, etc.

>Calamity War OVA or at least something like Memories of Eden but for IBO.
>More fun Gundam Build Fighters S1 style material or even another SD Gundam series.
>00 Solar Wars OVAs with the initial GN drive development and it's many issues put in there somewhere as well.
>A reimagining of Gundam X.

Almost anything besides more UC.
>>
>>15470790
>UC sucks!

>IBO is good

lol...
>>
>>15470843

IBO is flawed, still much more refreshing then newtype magic and beam spam.
>>
>>15467384
>Why do people hate it?
Shit storytelling; character assasination; out of place slapstick; hideous CGI; awful retcons etc etc.

It reads like someone's half-assed fanfic, which is basically what it is.
>All the characters from 0079 - they all knew each other right before the show started!
>Char is the mastermind of everything! You thought he was a genius before? WELL NOW he's the guy who STARTED the One Year War - all by himself! He can even avoid multiple assasination attempts!
>>
>>15467384
they made char a mary sue and a total ashole/werido in Origin
>>
>>15466832
It being a "meme" doesn't it any less true fampai
>>
>>15471684
>All the characters from 0079 - they all knew each other right before the show started!
That's hard to believe? Char, Dozle, Ramba, and the Black Tristars worked in, you know, the same army. And did you forget that Amuro is a school boy? Why is it hard to believe he briefly Kai or Hayato when they go to school together?
>Char is the mastermind of everything! You thought he was a genius before? WELL NOW he's the guy who STARTED the One Year War - all by himself! He can even avoid multiple assasination attempts!
That's also hard to believe? Char was already a master manipulator before and has escaped death several times in 0079.

I'm not necessarily defending it even though I do enjoy it, but these certain complaints don't really add up.
>>
>>15471684

I thought the One Year War was a conflict that was going to happen with or without Char?

At the most, he'd just be the spark that lit the powder keg up.
>>
>>15471591
You had me until you said it was more refreshing. Pointless melodrama is not refreshing
>>
>>15466847
>what is Stargazer
>what is Thunderbolt
>>
File: Muh beamspam.webm (3MB, 668x360px) Image search: [Google]
Muh beamspam.webm
3MB, 668x360px
>>15471591
>beam spam
This shit again
>>
>>15465248
If they wanted to, they could've made that Crossbone Gundam series but the manga is done under Kadokawa, so nope.

>>15470790
I for once would like a Gundam show that is set beyond the Sol System for once and gives us a large chunk of space.

>>15471591
>Flawed

More like wasted potential. I liked it, but the amount of flaws in S2 made me rage. S1 was flawed, but actually went from point A to B, but S2 felt like a series of side-stories glued together and it only got worse after Hamshal.
>>
>>15471684
the only thing i didn't like about origin is that Char somehow kills a grown man in melee combat as a child, and then proceeds to kill several trained pilots while piloting an MS for the first time ever.
>>
>>15471930
>Char, Dozle, Ramba, and the Black Tristars worked in, you know, the same army
The same army that happens to be fucking huge, it's a ridiculous coincedence. It's a pointless insertion that stinks of fanservice.

>>15471930
>Char was already a master manipulator before and has escaped death several times in 0079.
I liked it more when I watched 0079 for the first time and you didn't know who was going to live or die. Putting him in those scenarios when the outcome is already known seems completely pointless.

>>15472034
>I thought the One Year War was a conflict that was going to happen with or without Char?
That's what I like to imagine, I'd rather pretend Origin didn't happen. The other shit in it like the moustache twirling Feddies shooting civilians feels so shallow, Tomino's inference that the Zabis were populist opportunists that whipped up public opinion felt much more grounded.

I hate how things like Origin or Unicorn completely brush aside the politics and backstory of UC to reduce it something so much less than it was.
>>
>>15472061
I love that chop that takes off the Sazabi's arm. It has so much power behind it. Truly a masterpiece of animation
>>
>>15467044
this man speaks the truth
>>
>>15472155

I thought the early part of Origin was just simply Zabi politics, with a political cartoon style of animation to match?
>>
>>15472155
>The same army that happens to be fucking huge, it's a ridiculous coincedence.
But it isn't. Char was close to Garma in 0079 and he was under Dozle's command. Ramba knew Sayla so obviously he knew Char. The Black Tristars also knew Char before. He's the fucking Red Comet, I'm sure Char was acquainted with many officers and aces before Origin.
>I liked it more when I watched 0079 for the first time and you didn't know who was going to live or die. Putting him in those scenarios when the outcome is already known seems completely pointless.
By that logic, all prequels are pointless.
>The other shit in it like the moustache twirling Feddies shooting civilians feels so shallow, Tomino's inference that the Zabis were populist opportunists that whipped up public opinion felt much more grounded.
But Feddies have always been portrayed as scummy since 0079. And the Zabis STILL are opportunists in Origin.
>>
>>15475075

>the Zabis STILL are opportunists in Origin.

Very much so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd9g4RZyhI&t=2s
>>
>>15475075
Do people unironically think the Feddies were portrayed as good people before? Did they forget how they forced a bunch of kids to fight horrific battles. Or those officers that ransacked Amuro's home and laughed at his face for looking for his mother? I can only remember 2 or 3 officers who were decent people in 0079.
>>
>>15475330

>Do people unironically think the Feddies were portrayed as good people before?

No that wore off after I started noticing they had too many people trying to destroy the Federation for it to simply be coincidence.
>>
File: AmuroFederation+troops.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AmuroFederation+troops.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>15475330

>Feds din du nuffin
>>
>>15475462

That guy kind of looks like a Loony Toons character.
>>
File: Gundamep.jpg (82KB, 884x668px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep.jpg
82KB, 884x668px
>>15475467

>din du nuffin i says
>>
>>15465248
They're trying to figure how to not fuck it up after G-Reco
>>
>>15466847
>better production values
>pacing isn't too quick or dragged out
>tends to feature better staff too
>more creative freedom
>>
>>15468767
wtf...
>>
>>15475577
Yet the characters and story are always lacking compared to the tv shows.
>>
>>15475469

So they have time to sit around and drink, but not stop Zeon aggression?
>>
File: Spec-Ops-The-Line-3.jpg (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spec-Ops-The-Line-3.jpg
728KB, 1280x720px
>>15476300
Fighting a war is hard
>>
>>15467349
Amuro will fuck her?
>>
>>15467176
>being a retard
>being a super retard who using literally wrong
>>15467384
>Why do people hate it?
The show is just Char going
>"what did you say about you little feddie? i'll have you know that i graduated at the top of my class blah blah blah blah
>>
>>15467702

So that was the only use it could find for the Nanomachines?
>>
File: Turn-Armaggedon.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-Armaggedon.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>15476948

Kind of. The only use we know they put nanomachines to is the Turn-A (modeled off the Turn-X), but the actual nanomachines in the Moonlight Butterfly system have a fairly wide variety of uses and while they do bring out a technological reset they also assimilate in to the Earth and give it time to heal. Which, in a way, means Master Asia eventually got his wish I guess. Which is what the sand is every time a unit is uncovered in a mountain cycle, the nanomachines that have been preserving the units all those centuries. Still, those same nanomachines can not just eat all technology, but eat more exotic things like nuclear radiation and flames/explosions, and can heal as well as preserve technology. The same thing that helps us, hurts us basically, Same as any tech I guess.
>>
>>15465248
I'd rather Sunrise stop making UC era stuff unless it's late UC. I don't care about Neo Neo Neo Neo Zeon.
>>
>>15466878
>Like, what do you WANT?

Something that's not shit. Duh.
>>
>>15477146

So does that mean that Zeon Deikun was wrong and that the means of truly letting the planet recover lay not with venturing to space, but in eliminating all advanced technology from it's surface and then seeding it with Nanites?
>>
>>15477750
It worked for the Moon Moon colony
>>
>>15476432
Doesn't he only do this once? And he gets slapped for it anyways? I can't find a single valid complaint here for Origin other than the CG shit meme.
>>
>>15467125
>50 episodes is too long for a Gundam

I like long series where it feels like it's a long persistent war with shifting contexts and not just a short face-off.
>>
>>15477196
There were only two Neo Zeons(unless you wanna be stupid and count Axis Zeon too) and they were both under the same leader. Americunts sure hate Zeon.
>>
>>15478769
>and they were both under the same leader
What do you mean? One was Char, and the other was Haman.
>>
>>15478769

Why do people call Full Frontal's faction a "Third Neo Zeon" then?

I've also heard the Laplace Conflict referred to as a "Third Neo Zeon Conflict".
>>
>>15478921
Probably for continuity sake
We had the First Neo Zeon war in ZZ and the second one in CCA
So might as well call the one in Unicorn the third one, even though it was a smaller scale conflict and The Sleeves never call themselves Neo Zeon
>>
>>15478962
What makes the Sleeved not count as a Neo-Zeon faction? They kept everything left over from Char's Neo Zeon, including Quess' damaged Jagd Doga and the Rewloola, which was Char's command ship. It's not like they reject the philosophy of the Zeon cause or anything.
>>
>>15468953
For the record, you're unlikely to find G-Reco discussion outside of G-Reco threads.

Also, literally every possible thing is explained in the series. It's simply presented in a nonchalant and dense way specifically so you have to pay attention
>>
>>15467322
MSG remastered animated like Origin when?
>>
>>15479163
2019?
I dunno it's the 40th anniversary of Gundam
And the last The Origin OVA comes out in 2018
>>
>>15476300

also bang prostitutes and harass locals trying to sell apples
>>
>>15465248
Would you faggots stop pretending The Origin doesn't exist because the slightest amount of change makes you an autistic turbo twat?

The same goes for 0096. In short enjoy what you get and stop being a retard.
>>
>>15478792
Haman's was Axis Zeon and no one busted their balls over them.
>>15478921
Well the Sleeves were said to be remnants of Char's Neo Zeon, so they're the same guys from before.
>>
>>15476300

> soldiers should be on duty and fighting 24/7
>>
>>15479210
>The same goes for 0096

That's just an OVA everyone has seen split apart into a half hour episode format.
>>
>>15467298
For what it's worth, the Devil Gundam Jr. looks very similar to the Turn X.
>>
>>15479915

No, it doesn't. It vaguely resembles it at best. And even then you have to squint and kind of find what you want.
>>
File: tmp_24376-Honneamise-489301189.jpg (38KB, 320x311px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24376-Honneamise-489301189.jpg
38KB, 320x311px
>>15465248
They're a commercial outfit making shit that sells is the priority. Quality or artistic integrity comes last.
>>
File: tmp_24376-gundam04646510993.jpg (31KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24376-gundam04646510993.jpg
31KB, 720x480px
>>15479210
Nah not watching it is also an option.
>>
>>15466897
Another FC universe series.

G Gundam: Electric Boogaloo

Basically Gundam fights in octagon cages made out of beam sabers
And it takes place 12 years after G Gundam

Domon and Rain's son is a struggling 18-year old MMA fighter with angst issues.
>>
>>15479988

> takes place 12 years after G
> a couple that didn't even have a child in show now have an 18 year old son
>>
>>15469638
This could work. You could actually focus on the Alliance trying to clean after itself for once.
>>
>>15480032
Oops, make it the appropriate age.
>>
>>15467295
IBO isn't UC numbskull
>>
>>15479981
Or you can stop being a bitch and enjoy something before your dick shrivels up from the pit of hatred you fester in. Seriously you mother fuckers bitch about everything anymore is there ever an exception?
>>
I haven't watched any Gundam since 00. What's the consensus on AGE, Thunderbolt, and Iron-Blooded Orphans?
>>
File: flitasuno.jpg (596KB, 2352x2404px) Image search: [Google]
flitasuno.jpg
596KB, 2352x2404px
>>15480433
>AGE
JUST
>thunderbolt
Decent, but flawed
>IBO
Could have been great, but ended up awful.
>>
>>15480493
>thunderbolt
>Decent, but flawed

Having the worst soundtrack of any Gundam series to date is a pretty hefty mark against it. Even 0080 had at least two decent BGMs.
>>
>>15480072

I just have to wonder what route they would likely have to take for resolving such a situation.

Outside of Neo Roanoke, I don't think there has ever been a member of Phantom Pain that had their mental conditioning broken.

I think they're all also prepared for a destructive fight to the very end if they have to have one.
>>
>>15479988

Personally I want a series set like 20 or 30 years later, with Domon now heading the Gundam Fight committee and having a minor role in the show at best, his family not involved at all since he's already earned his happy end and doesn't need or deserve his son going through some shit too. It's also just kind of unnecessary in my opinion, and shrinks the setting to have one family be the main protagonists all the time. If you have to involve an older cast member's child make it Argos or Sais or something, or just their students if you want it to be a Japanese kid with no familial relation to Domon.

I want a story where Domon helped reform the Gundam fight from within following Master Asia's wishes, with the Gundam fight now taking place within large, open areas on the Moon instead of damaging the Earth, Rain has helped recreate the Ultimate Gundam, or at least it's cells as penitence for her family and added safeties that help stop any further Devil style incidents and the Earth is now starting to heal thanks to their efforts. I'm not even sure what I think the story should be, only that I'd prefer to see a story where the Gundam Fight organiser or organisation isn't the main source of conflict, since I'd prefer to see it working as advertised and the big government not be the total evil this time around - perhaps instead having a particular fighter use the tournament to advance his agenda, but the organisation empowering the new main character to help stop him, rather than hindering him all the time.

Since it's unlikely to be a smaller, more personal story it should also probably be bigger in some manner. Have the Moon turned in to a mech that threatens the whole solar system in the finale or something I guess. The main challenge would probably be finding something more capable than nanomachines for the villain to abuse though I suppose.
>>
>>15466878

I've always wanted Thunderbolt and IBO, and it's basically what I got. I think IBO was a little slow-paced, but I liked the ending. (Though it could have been more depressing, I wish.)
>>
>>15480433
All of them are good, but AGE is an acquired taste
>>
>>15479988
>>15483221

back then i wanted a straight up sequel to G. as i grew older i realized how horrifying the 13th gundam fight would be in terms of politics.

basically with the reveal of the ultimate/devil gundam, a new arms race would probably happen with various countries trying to one up DG tech either by making better versions or making tech that makes it useless altogether.
>>
I want a Gundam series that actually has them fight aliens or inter-dimensional hostiles. Ideally, I want something like a mix of the best elements of Dougram, Layzner, Galient, Dunbine, L-Gaim, Brain Powerd, and every Gundam animation thus far.

Have the main character as an early 30something. Not too old to be a grizzled veteran, but not some wet-behind-the-ears teen. The mecha gets broken down A LOT and it has to get patched up as best as they can. All the Mobile Suits come with standardized parts so regardless of which model they're in, components are interchangeable outside of specialized equipment.

Unit tactics are a must. Nobody gets to fly around and beam/missile spam because not only is that incredibly dangerous against concentrated firepower, mines, and other factors, only elite Skirmishers who do hit-and-run attacks can do this, but at the cost of armor. They're only meant to harass and scout.
>>
>>15483591
Then it's not a Gundam series. Gundam has always been about human conflict not extraterrestrial or out-of-this-dimension threats. Otherwise, you're dressing up a Macross or Super Robot series within a Gundam format.

And unlike the West, Japan dislikes anyone older than teens or early 20's as main characters usually. A 30something enlisted soldier would turn them off.
>>
>>15484414

>Japan dislikes anyone older than teens or early 20's as main characters usually.

So the older Big Boss and Solid Snake are the exceptions to that then?
>>
>>15483459
I personally would like to see something like an end of the era type of story. G was Imagawa doing his standard wuxia stuff, with reference to Smiling, Proud Wanderer, so maybe G sequel can be a contrast and do references to Jin Yong's final work, The Duke of Mount Deer, which deliberately flips around a lot of traditional wuxia concepts. And yes, it woulbe be more about politics and newer tech making older conventions obsolete.
>>
>>15480433
>AGE
So shit that people ironically think Genocide Grandpa is best character
>Thunderbolt
Flashy mecha action and muh jazz. Some genuinely well directed non-mecha scenes here and there.
>IBO
Nice concept that wasn't really well executed or developed.
>>
>>15485311
>ironically
UN-ironically
>>
>>15465388
Reco is not UC, it is RC
>but it's the same timeline
So are all the rest of them if you paid attention during Turn A.
>>
File: Hg-kampfer-illustration.jpg (1MB, 1142x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Hg-kampfer-illustration.jpg
1MB, 1142x1600px
>>15470790
>Thunderbolt isn't even true UC it is basically UC/AU since there never was a South Seas Alliance, an Atlas Gundam, Reuse Zaku, etc.

To be fair, there was never a GM Command, GM Kai, GM Sniper II, Ground-type Gundam (or GM), Mass Production-type Guncannon/tank Gelgoog Jager, Gelgoog Marine, Rick Dom II, Dom Tropen, Zaku II F2/Kai, Gouf Custom, Xamel, Kampfer, Hygogg, Z-Gok E, Oggo, Zudah, etc in the OYW until they were introduced in their respective sidestory OVAs. Don't even get me started on the Delaz Fleet and the colony drop on the American Bible Belt.

I know that Sunrise told Yasuo Ohtagaki that he had total creative freedom when he did the manga, but my point is that's pretty much how they approach ALL UC OVAs aside from MAYBE MS IgLoo. Ironically, the stories that tend to be the most lore-friendly are the sidestory mangas/light novels in Gundam Ace that use existing MS designs and the writer/artist actually does their UC homework; Thunderbolt was a rare exception.

And no, there isn't a single mobile suit in Thunderbolt that is technologically more advanced than what should be appearing in that time period. Slapping big Backpacks and thrusters to everything is not technological advancement. The only question anybody should be asking in regards to Thunderbolt's place in UC is why the trend of using extra arms on the backpack to carry multiple shields stopped?
>>
>>15465248
i want a series about a newtype innovator taking over the ELS massmind and trying to conquer the galaxy only to be defeated by space whales who came to investigate a distress call made by a newtype dolphin.
>>
>>15485390

Thunderbolt shows its custom versions of Zaku-II for example replacing the existing ones in shots of known parts of the war. There's also oddities like three Zeongs in production in a way that suggests they were intended to be legless.
>>
>>15485411
>There's also oddities like three Zeongs in production in a way that suggests they were intended to be legless.
Zeong being a limited production model is actually one of the least jarring bits in Thunderbolt. The MG manuals have always suggested that Zeon planned to mass produce the Zeong, and that Char had gotten the first unit completed to the point of combat readiness (which is a lot of kits and action figures, the MG included, have a "001" printed on the chest.) They were probably built similarly to Char's legless model for similar reasons as his; they needed them out on the field as soon as possible and didn't have time to manufacture legs.

Besides, the legs were "just for show."
>>
>>15485438
'
>Besides, the legs were "just for show."

I think it's said the legs would have made the Zeong more maneuverable, but not as quick.

I think there was also a Zeong variant that would have been made for operation on terrestrial battlefields.
>>
>>15485451
I was being as sarcastic as that mechanic was being flippantly deflecting

Yeah, the legs would have definitely done wonders for AMBAC, but the extra weight and thrusters means it would expend more fuel carrying that extra weight.
>>
>>15485411
>>15485438
>>15485451
It really wouldn't be very hard to rationalize this away if you wanted to. Just say that the component parts were being manufactured by different factories and something happened at the colony that was building the legs for the Zeong series.

Really this is a more believable scenario than assuming that Zeon had all the parts for the first one but hadn't put it all together yet. Considering the speed with which MS are overhauled and repaired, putting the legs together shouldn't take that long unless you're actually missing pieces. Add to that the fact that they took the time to install extra thrusters in the leg sockets and the idea that they were short on time doesn't really add up. It's much more likely that this is an alternate configuration because they knew ahead of time that the legs wouldn't be available, and that would mean that the three seen in Thunderbolt would make just as much sense as Char's.
>>
>>15485297
Ah yes, the age-old trope of forced obsolescence

The introduction of new old concepts such as funnels, where a new gundam with a boxing background that relies on funnels that act as extra fists and the like.
>>
>>15485457

Would the greater fuel consumption thing be an issue most of the time?

I thought the Zeong was going to mostly be defending bases or operating relatively close to the ship it launches from, like the Zeon Mobile Armors?
>>
>>15466878
Because at the end of it all, only retards think the time period actually matters to the quality of the show. Sure, I'll give you that UC only tends to be easier to create better shows because its background is already well established and anyone creating a series in UC can just focus on executing their story, whilst AU you have to come up with your universe's world as well. However, at the end of the day, that's just background and you can still make a good AU story or screw up and make a flawed UC story depending on how well the production is executed.
>>
>>15470790
>post CCA with Neo-Neo-Neo+ Zeon remnants
OYW Rehashes are a bit much, but Unicorn is the only animated series with this description
>>
Full adaptation of AoZ is what I want.
I wanna see those batshit TTT suits in motion.
>>
>>15487451
This please
>>
>>15487450

If you drop the post CCA part then 0083, ZZ and Char's Counterattack meet the criteria as well as Unicorn.
>>
>>15487469
Most of those are from when the franchise was still relatively new. They still make sense for their time
>>
>>15487510

All of them make sense for their time, Unicorn included. They go out of their way to make sense for their time.
>>
>>15487451

>TTT suits

The what?
>>
>>15491205

Titans Test Team.
>>
>>15467170
>What if late UC's problems are all originally caused by the federation?

If they do this Sunrise is on the same level as the retards who believe the US instigated the war against Japan by imposing embargoes...
>>
>>15467170

Well, the Jovian crisis was, in a way, caused by the Federation basically trying to get cheap fuel.

Part of the Zanscare crisis may have been caused by the Federation by extension of the Jovian crisis.

I think the other late UC issues are just people taking advantage of the fact that the Federation can't really stop them militarily (or so they believe).

Mufti is also caused by the Federation trying to move undesirables to the Colonies isn't it?
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.