[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Turn A ever become interseting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: 25 Days of Anime Turn A Gundam.png (2MB, 1280x929px) Image search: [Google]
25 Days of Anime Turn A Gundam.png
2MB, 1280x929px
I just finished episode 30 of Turn A, and I have to say, that it's bad. It's not bad because the story is awful like G Saviour, or the characters are hateful like the first part of ZZ, or the animation is bad. It is just bad because it's so bland and dry. After 30 episodes, all I can keep thinking is "Will this be the ep that Sochie gets Katz'd?"
I'm going to finish watching but, does Turn A every actually become interesting, or does it stay this way till the end?
>>
>>15464272
As the series continues it becomes clear that the fighting on Earth will not stop unless the militia reaches the moon to negotiate a peace treaty. That's when it gets really interesting.
>>
OP aside, anyone got that screencap of buff Harry Ord?
>>
>>15464272
You're going to be shit on so hard when the Turn A fanbase gets out of school tomorrow.

Joking aside, I felt the same way when I watched it. It gets better when they get to the moon. At the very least, the show gets some real antagonists.
>>
Turn A should come with a disclaimer that it's a slow-paced character drama and not an action series.
>>
>>15464322
>gets out of school
Why would kids care about a slow paced old series when they can jack off and have jizz fights over G-Reco and IBO?
>>
Nobody dies except Corin Nander
Loran ditches Sochie to live with queen Dianna though
>>
>>15464272
>the characters are hateful like the first part of ZZ
Hahahaha God you're a fag
>those war orphan junk dealers are so mean omg just like the kids that bullied me in high school waaaa curse them for having a sense of humor and not being goody two-shoes
Of course, to an uninteresting person such as yourself, Turn A won't interest you. Why don't you go watch a Micheal Bay movie if your attention span can't handle it
>hasn't read the Prince & the Pauper
DISGUSTING PLEB
>>
File: what.png (72KB, 495x398px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
72KB, 495x398px
>>15464272
If you still don't like the show after 30 episodes, then just drop it. Obviously it's not for you. Nobody is forcing you to watch it in the first place and you shoudn't feel compelled to put yourself through that.
>>
>>15464378
>kids
>watching G-Reco
Didn't it air in the middle of the night?
>>
>>15464272
>or the characters are hateful like the first part of Z
>hateful

Is that you Bennett ?
>>
>>15464702
>If you still don't like the show after 30 episodes, then just drop it. Obviously it's not for you. Nobody is forcing you to watch it in the first place and you shoudn't feel compelled to put yourself through that.

Dude you're making too much sense for /m/.
People here are adepts of masochism so I fear your warning will fall on deaf ears.
>>
>>15464396
Corin didn't die.

He ascended to godhood.
>>
>>15464527
The good old ad hominem. Well-tried and always works.
>>
>>15464359
It seems like all old shows are slow paced. I went back to try and relive my childhood favorites like Dragon Ball and while it was mostly good the pacing was horrendous. Each episode despite being about half an hour long felt like they were over an hour long.

I think it might just be that in our fast paced world, we're no longer accustomed to long purposeful shots or drawn out conversations. In my case, I just want them to get to the point. But I'm more of a big picture guy. I don't need all the details.
>>
>>15464288
I hope that's true. I just finished ep 32, where they meet King Quoatl of Adeska but then get taken prisoner by a group of peopel who are somehow more technologically backwards then Earth was at the start of the series.

>>15464396
Damn of Sochie truly doesn't die, that's a major disappointment.

>>15464702
Yeah, but I'm 32 episodes in right now so I might as well keep watching.

>>15464736
Who?
>>
>>15465154
>get taken prisoner by a group of peopel who are somehow more technologically backwards then Earth was at the start of the series.
What a fucking moron. I hope you die.
>>
>>15465154
>Damn of Sochie truly doesn't die, that's a major disappointment.
She definitely gets some sense beaten into her by some of the things that happen, and comes out the other side a lot less annoying for it.

>Yeah, but I'm 32 episodes in right now so I might as well keep watching.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>15464887
The good old "I'll call ad hominem" but it really isn't. Well-tried and always works.
>>
>>15464272
Hardly at all, it is a low point in the franchise for a reason.
>>15464727
DVRs have been a thing in Japan for a while.
>>
>>15465157
They were captured by people who use swords and spears, compared to guns for the earth people.

>>15465177
As long as she stops acting like a bitch, it's all good. And, yeah I just finished ep 35, and things seem to be slightly more interesting now that they have reached Zacktraeger, but i think that's due to how dull it previously was.

>>15465246
I wouldn't call it a low point, it's more of a dull point.
>>
>>15464939
Interesting difference in perception. I actually feel the opposite is true: that in general, older shows tend to be more highly concentrated compared to a lot of more recent shows. That can make episodes feel longer too (in the same way an album with 3-minute songs feels longer than an album with 5-minute songs that has the same total length), but doesn't seem what you're referring to.
They're slower in one sense; it was more common for series to be 26, 52 or even more episodes, allowing for the main plotline (if any) to move at a more leisurely pace, while a lot of modern shows have to reach some kind of climax by 13 episodes or less. But as far as individual episodes are concerned, I'd say the opposite is usually true.
>>
File: file.png (56KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
56KB, 197x190px
I found it comfy, I don't really know why people hate it so much. It's probably my favourite Gundam. My second favourite would be 0079 though, but I noticed that starts to drag on because sometimes it feels to episodic.
You're probably not going to be interested in it 20 episodes from now. The Turn X is pretty sweet but, I have a feeling it won't be enough to turn your opinion around.
>>
>>15464322
>>15464378
seriously the average Turn A fan is almost definitely twice the age of the average high schooler

not that it makes the show good or entertaining to non-autismal humans
>>
>>15464272
>Does Turn A ever become interseting?
What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
File: turn x munches a zaku.jpg (779KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
turn x munches a zaku.jpg
779KB, 1920x1200px
>>15466363
Turn X makes me spooge
>>
>>15465154

There is some garbage tiered anime reviewer who calls anime "hateful" when he does'nt like it.
>>
>>15466414
That it's uninteresting for the first 30 episodes.

The Turn A fanbase, gentlemen. Their bedtime is in an hour so they need to shitpost hard and fast.
>>
I just liked the setting of Turn A so much that the rest just worked for me regardless of the slow pace. It feels a little bit Miyazaki to me, and I dig that.
>>
>>15464939
>Each episode despite being about half an hour long felt like they were over an hour long.

That would mean the episodes are fast paced, not slow paced. I personally much prefer the pacing of older shows.
>>
>>15464272
It does actually ramp up towards the end of the show, but don't expect anything crazy. The tone of the show just isn't like that. BTW, just to inject some hilarious sanity into this, I actually really enjoyed Turn A, probably because I am more mellow and introverted IRL, or as many including myself would say, autistic. Still, I definitely see where you're coming from, as far as the show being dull goes, glad you're watching it anyway. Try to let go of hoping for sudden and prolonged ass kicking, it doesn't really happen and probably would have let me enjoy it even more. And Sochie is annoying.
>>
>>15464272
If you haven't enjoyed it all in 30 episodes you should simply move on. The tone is just different from other Gundam shows. That being said I would also say that the story slows down heavily around where you are (eps 25-36). If you did enjoy some of the stuff before you should continue as it builds up nicely to the introduction of the big bad and the climax of the plot.
>>
>>15464702
>"If you don't like it when why did you watch all the way through"
>"You can't criticize this show because you haven't watch it from beginning to the end so you clearly don't know what you're talking about"
It is always the same with you people
>>
>>15466774
>>15466810
I just finished watching ep 40 and I have to say that I am actually curious as to what's going to happen next. I know that I won't like every Gundam anime but once in space, like what others were posting, it feels like a completely different show then when they were on Earth. I could have just watched the review episode that was early on, and skipped ahead to about 35, but there's something about Turn A that would have made me feel like I'm cheating myself out of the grind that is the first 70 or so percent of the series. I plan on finishing it, and I can only hope it stays as good to the end as it has been these past few episodes.
>>
>>15466871
Anon, you're allowed to comment on the part you watched. It's generalizing to the whole thing (including parts you know nothing about) that would make you a dumbass. People seem to do that a lot for some reason.
>>
OP here with one last update.
The last 15 episodes were great but that doesn't make up for the fact that the first 35 were bland. I feel as if this were 40ep from the start and not a full 50 would have helped out alot. I'm glad that I finished watching it, but doubt that I will ever rewatch it.
>CGI didn't age well
>R.I.P. Corin
>I know people told me this but still, the fact Sochie didn't die is disappointing, but atleast she chilled out towards the end
>Fuck Guin
>Turn X is dope
>So Queen Dianna stayed on Earth and Kihel became Moon Queen?
>>
>>15464272
Episode 36 onward is gold. You really see the tears of time.
>>
>>15470028
>So Queen Dianna stayed on Earth and Kihel became Moon Queen?
Yes. Kihel becoming the queen of the moon ensured that the moonrace would have a good leader, while also allowing Harry to both be with her and uphold his duty. Meanwhile Dianna herself decided to live out the rest of her natural life on Earth, and Loran, as her ever-present knight, decided to stay by her side until she passes.

There are some differences in the novelization, namely that Guin gets a Psyco Gundam, and Corin doesn't pilot his custom Kapool at the end, but instead pilots an Aesculapius Gundam from G-Unit, further emphasizing that he's from the Wing timeline.
>>
>>15466401
>on 4chan
>non autismal
fuck off
>>
>>15466871
>shitposting on stuff that you've seen
>shitposting when you know nothing about it

Are you implying that there is a type of shitposting that is good?
>>
File: smug sochie.png (140KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
smug sochie.png
140KB, 300x410px
sochie is great, she's tsundere af
>>
>>15470819
She's the only tsundere I actually like.
>>
File: 134880824760.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
134880824760.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>15464272
>Does Turn A ever become interseting?
>>
>>15470819
Sochie was one of the many characters in Turn A who seemed to have no reason to exist other than to annoy the audience, and I will never understand how she has even a single fan.
>>
What kind of retard makes a mecha anime without any fights?
>>
>>15471279
You don't remember that time when the Turn A had to throw some WaDs and WaDoms around because some Moonrace wanted to end the negotiations with force? And then Guin said "this is going to set our negotiations back" and Loran looked on thoughtfully?
>>
Can I watch the Earth Light/Moonlight Butterfly instead of the series and get the same experience?
>>
I first watched Turn A almost ten years ago as a teen and got really bored, but still ended up loving it. I have a feeling the last episode had a lot to do with it.
I'm rewatching it now, one episode a day, and I realised I'm able to enjoy the story so much more. The story might seem simple, but if you take a step back and look at it, there are so many moments that end up feeling like parts of a legend - 'Laura' the pilot, the discovery of the old advanced technology, the girl on Earth who looked identical to the Queen of the Moon, even small things like Sochie's goodbye to Gavane while she's wearing her wedding dress or Corin the crazy monk. There's also that feeling of familiarity you get seeing all those mobile suits in such different situations and how much things have changed during the timeline(s). I don't know, I'm not too good at putting it into words but I love it.

>>15471269
>Sochie gets the RAH DX figure
>Dianna or Kihel don't

How.
>>
>>15471279
There were plenty of fights, just not one every 10 minutes or so as is standard in Gundam. Turn A had excellent fights when they did happen as well, very well directed and lots of dynamic stuff going on.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.