[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how would Anno do an ultra series. Would he take it in an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ultraman-slider.jpg (307KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ultraman-slider.jpg
307KB, 1600x900px
So how would Anno do an ultra series. Would he take it in an interesting turn like in Shin Godzilla?

Or would he be faithful to it's roots like with Cutie Honey?
>>
>>15463684
first half faithful, second half cat drugs
>>
Ultraman Nexus?
>>
>>15463684
Depends on whether he's being a fanboy or on drugs
>>
>>15463684
Evangelion itself is already an Ultraman series.
>>
>>15468260
This. It'll just be Evangelion Lite.
>>
>>15468229
Yeah, I imagine it'd be something like Nexus but a little more fucked up
>>
>>15463684
Were either of his Cutie Honeys that faithful? The main villain wasn't after the atmospheric element thing to get rich from what I remember, and Natsuko wasn't tragedy fuel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJZBt6wTNe0
>>
>>15463684
It'd be a hero that draws power from the faith of the people he's protecting.

He'd lose and die in the final episode because of the antagonistic bureaucrats that kept getting in his way making people lose faith in him, so that they'd support a more structured and controlled form of defending the city.

That method would then be completely curbstomped by the villains, and the side characters would have to find a way to restore faith in the hero which would bring him back to life just long enough to destroy the villains before exploding in a mysterious light that gives every person in the city that believed in him the ability to transform like he did. How this happened will never, ever be explained.
>>
>>15463684
Anno would probably go back to the trippy surreal roots of Ultraman considering how much he loves the Showa period and both Anno and the early Ultra series are influenced by Kubrick and the French new wave. Also Anno would focus a lot on the horror aspect, again present on the early Ultra series and stepped down with the years. The final battle of Leo's episode 40 kinda reminds me Leliel's death so I'd expect similar stuff with Anno pushing the censorship.

No more borrowing powers from previous Ultraman. Anno has a huge boner for the Ultra brothers so he'd prefer to watch them fight along the heroe rather than being toys. Also, it wasn't like that on his childhood. This could be a huge problem with Bandai.

I think Anno would love to direct an Ultra series but the truth is Bandai wouldn't allow it unless Anno accept its conditions. A hack like Urobutcher can adapt to Rider because he's a company man but Anno has his own vision and he's willing to kick the table and leave, see Kare Kano.
>>
>>15463684
It would be literally Evangelion but replace the Evas with Ultraman

The monsters would bleed all the fucking time, they'd mindrape at least one character and look unnervingly like some sort of religious imagery because muh depression
>>
>>15469213
No dummy, each monster would be based on a previous Ultraman, because the masses are itching for villains to see their heroes topple, and thus morph their heroes into villains for new heroes to rise against.
>>
File: confusedakira.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
confusedakira.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>15463684
> faithful to it's roots like with Cutie Honey?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.