[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else prefer ZZ over Zeta?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: ZZ.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ.png
1MB, 960x720px
I watched through all of Zeta recently and was surprised at how I gave 0 shits about any character. Every time it got interesting there'd be some retarded cyber-newtype to shit everything up and cause some sort of drama. After Four's death I thought it would finally end only for Rosamie to enter and shit up the show even further.

Not to mention no one of consequence died except for maybe Emma. Zeta has a reputation as a dark and serious war drama that kills alot of it's cast but seriously who gave a fuck about shitters like Katz,Sarah,Reccoa and Heinken?

Amuro,Char and Yazan kept me from dropping it but I left was pretty disappointed with such a praised title that I tried pretty hard to like. If the cyber-newtype parts were cut it'd be an easy 10/10, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

I expected ZZ to be even worse,given it's reputation on here, but I was pleasantly surprised, even at episode 10 where it's still pretty silly and not serious. The characters have actual personalties and there's no melodrama to detract from the plot(Hopefully it remains that way.)
>>
Anyone that agrees will just be called a contrarian shitposter, but yeah, ZZ was a breath of fresh air after the entire cast being violent, psychotic assholes in Zeta.
>>
File: Hobo yazan.jpg (118KB, 2002x752px) Image search: [Google]
Hobo yazan.jpg
118KB, 2002x752px
>>15461646
ZZ feels like a show I would hate in any other context, from the token loli to the ineffective enemy aces, but I just can't bring myself to do so. I like the focus on Haman, the lack of Char or Amuro-wank, the buddy-buddy group of aces dynamic, which was never really there as much in 0079 and Zeta and, maybe most of all, female Feddie pilots that don't suck at their jobs.

Not that I don't like Emma and Fa, but they jobbed like it was nobody's business. Even when they were able to get shit done, they always seemed to come out on the losing end. It was satisfying for once to see Roux competently hold off a fleet in the ZZ when they could have easily have it go like the time Sayla tries to pilot the Gundam.
>>
>>15461646
>no melodrama
That's how I know you're shitposting
>>
>>15461646
Oh, the same post about Zeta/ZZ we've had over and over for months. Lovely.
>>
The second half of ZZ is better then the entirety of Zeta.
>>
File: 2008-12-25-132652.jpg (105KB, 536x808px) Image search: [Google]
2008-12-25-132652.jpg
105KB, 536x808px
ZZ is fucking awesome.
>>
>>15461824
Judau and Hamon's love story was lame. Kill yourself
>>
I like Zeta a lot, but i do prefer ZZ
>>
>>15461646
ZZ was bad compared to Zeta. Zeta was pretty much a masterpiece the whole way through while ZZ only got good like 20+ episodes in.
>>
I enjoyed zeta far more than ZZ, but I never read anyone's opinion on Zeta beforehand. I would never describe zeta as dark or anything but I liked the story and characters way more than ZZ's cheeseball crew.
>>
Zeta is mediocre garbage. I agree.
>>
>>15461927
>love story
Spot the shitter who never watched it
>>
I really liked ZZ but I enjoyed Zeta more.
>that I tried pretty hard to like
that's your problem, if you expect too much of a series, then of course you're going to end up disappointed.
>>
>>15462206
I did watch it. Come on in the end Beecha purposely sent Judau to Hamon to capitalize on their shitty relationship
>>
>>15461646
>who gave a fuck about shitters like Heinken
fuck you stupid
>>
>>15462206
It looks me like you're the one who didn't watch it
>>
>>15462234
How different would the UC have gone if Haman had just given in to the dick?
>>
Stopshitposting bitcha and his retarded slave were the worst characters
fucking unreliable pieces of garbage
>>
>>15462239
>>15462234
Stop samefagging dipshit and posting vagueries you picked up from other shitposts on this garbage board
>>
ZZ is by far the worst entry in all of Gundam.
>>
Zeta = Reddit
ZZ = 4Chan
>>
>>15462263
Char was still around
>>
File: image.jpg (382KB, 1156x970px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382KB, 1156x970px
>>15462354
This
>>
>>15461646
ZZ's cast is garbage aside froma few of them and the Sayla asspull was retarded
>>
>>15462357
who the fuck cares
>>
>>15462357
>anyone giving ZZ a score above -25
that amazingly shit taste
>>
>>15462357
0079 is the most overrated Gundam series.
>>
I prefer Zeta and I felt more empathy for the characters than I did in ZZ.

So all I can say is I feel the opposite of you and disagree.
>>
>>15462448
>I prefer Zeta and I felt more empathy for the characters than I did in ZZ.
>So all I can say is I feel the opposite of you and disagree.

The characters in Zeta deserve no empathy whatsoever. ZZ on the other hand manged to have Yazan in a semi-positive light in the first couple of episodes. Even after all the murderous bullshit he did in Zeta. The rest of cast is just enjoyable to be around. Can't say that for the Zeta cast, bitches and psycopaths all around. No thank you.

I'll take ZZ with evil Haman every day over Zeta and its self serving idiotic psycopathic cast.
>>
>>15461754
I fucking hated how ZZ nerfed Yazan within DAYS of Zeta's conclusion. He went from being one of the most dangerous Oldtype pilots amognst the Titans to a pig-eating moron.

Anyhow I really dislike Zeta and ZZ equally. The former was autistic grimdark while the latter was all over the place. It doesn't help that both series copied WAY too much from Dunbine and L-Gaim to take it seriously.
>>
>>15462543
>I fucking hated how ZZ nerfed Yazan within DAYS of Zeta's conclusion
They made every existing character act completely retarded so Judau could look good.
>>
>>15462543
>Zeta
>grimdark
Stop that meme. Zeta is autistic, but it's not grimdark in any way, especially compared to the stuff that came out in the same decade. It was more like a comedy.
>>
>>15461646
>it's rager
>again

jesus mate you're boring
>>
>>15462569
I know. They even had Judau curbstomp Wong Lee which was bullshit. Even Bright dropped 50 IQ points thanks to Judau and the gang.

I get the whole point over WHY ZZ had Judau and his friends act the way they did. Hell, I liked Judau being a working class junkyard dog getting dragged into war instead of those middle-class whiny autists Amuro and Kamille. But the 1st half of ZZ was unbearable to watch. The 2nd half sorta redeemed itself, but Glemy's rebellion was too much like Giwaza's machinations from L-Gaim and the way Haman got defeated was even more anti-climatic than Daba vs Poseidal.

Victory Gundam took the best elements from Z and ZZ, thus making a superior series of kid antics with gritty war drama. I still shedly manly tears when the old geezers of Reinforce Junior did that final act of stoic badassry.
>>
>>15462580
Yeah a dark comedy. Zeta's kill count was ridiculous. Dunbine had ridiculous casualties, but the writing and dialogue wasn't as hokey like Zeta's.
>>
>>15461646
I loved the first half of ZZ but second half is just a rehash of Zeta's final, except instead of 3 parties (A.E.U.G., Axis and Titans) dishing it out, we have Axis' inner bickering due to Haman's incompetency and Argama flying around doing something I guess. Just like Char in the opening, made me wanna yawn and fuck off.

Would've been better if instead of Nanai in Char's Counterattack it was Haman, they even have same seiyuus.
>>
>>15462569
You mean Zeta made Char and Amuro shit so the new autistic teenage self-insert power fantasy MC would look good
>>
>>15462606
>I loved the first half of ZZ
Space Aztecs? Are you seriously going to defend that?

I'm all for fun and hijinks, but the 1st half of ZZ made me cringe when I was saw it way back in 2004 during HS.

Char's Counterattack was just plain awful. I hated how Char went full-retard and decided to enact the same sort of shitty tactics that the Titans and Axis did in Z and ZZ.

>>15462609
Amuro never got humiliated or sidelined in favor of Kamille. He was a bit rusty, but he still kicked ass. Kamille got owned PLENTY of times. He never had a decisive win over Haman & the Qubeley. And Char had good moments like owning Jerid's ass so bad that Mouar had to bail him.
>>
Stop being such crybabies and enjoy your damn robot shows, you evil adults.
>>
File: 1384247825584.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1384247825584.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>15461646
I do.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.