[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ver EW/Katoki/Holy Shit Everyone gets a power up pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 16

File: latest[1].jpg (141KB, 572x563px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
141KB, 572x563px
How do you all feel about the Katoki versions of the Wing mechs vs the TV version?
Do you like the extra details and add ons and various armors and extra weapons? or do you think the TV version worked just fine and Katoki embellishes them to much?
I tend to lean more towards the TV versions.

i also found out comparatively recently that the Suits in Endless Waltz were meant to be the EXACT same suits as the ones in the second half of the show, ever wince i saw it when i was young i though they were upgraded by their pilots in the span between the end of the show and the movie sine they were so wildly different in form and function, and also the "Custom" branding they got.
>>
>>15461331
>though they were upgraded by their pilots in the span between the end of the show and the movie
Well that's what Glory of Losers is aiming for.
>>
File: 1467322142065.jpg (565KB, 837x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1467322142065.jpg
565KB, 837x1039px
Speaking of have any of the Frozen Teardrop suits ever gotten a official design or do they still exists mostly as silhouettes and words on a page?
>>
>>15461331
Early Gundams
- Wing Gundam: Okawara
- Deathscythe: Okawara
- Shenlong: Okawara
- Heavy Arms: Katoki
- Sandrock: Katoki

Late Gundams
- Wing Zero: Toss up
- Deathscyth: Katoki
- Altron: Katoki
- Heavy Arms: Katoki
- Sandrock: Katoki
- Epyon: Definitely Okawara
>>
File: 61qm8-LTOfL._SL1500_[1].jpg (117KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
61qm8-LTOfL._SL1500_[1].jpg
117KB, 1500x1004px
I like Katoki's designs in general, they have better proportions than the originals.
I especially like the EW Heavyarms.
The Wing Zero with the feathers was dumb as fuck though, Proto-Zero is the way to go for that.
>>
I always felt that Okawara's Sandrock was lazily done, like there was an Arabic aesthetic attached to a generic frame. Katoki's looks way better.

That said, Katoki seems to have something against Gundams with shields
>>
>>15461352
really i thought it went for Katokis redesigns of the initial suits to the ones in Endless Waltz aside from Wing Zero
like going from Shelong and his fuck off huge Dragon Claw to the double crazy snakey ones for Altron in the movie
it bugs me because the EW version of the upgrades Suits feel very much like a progression of their TV versions. like the arms mounded Dragon Claws becoming this free moving armaments, or the arm mounted double gatling of Heavyarms Kai becoming these win handheld double gatling
design wise even with Katoki design both it feels like theres a missing link moving one souit to the next which didnt exist for the tv moving the the movie
>>
File: 1486171993960.jpg (97KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
1486171993960.jpg
97KB, 1024x725px
>>15461373
to be fair originally they were designed continuing the national theme that G Gundam used. but then the plot changed and the Gundams for the most part weren't

is Glory of the Losers good by the way? its been a bit since ive seen GW and ive heard that GoL Tries to tell a "tighter" story
>>
>>15461354
Nope. Better hope Katoki presses them to make an anime and that questionnaire from earlier this year sparks enough interest.
>>
>>15461386
Let it die in the depths of Hell itself. Frozen Teardrop is literally a bad Tumblr fan fic written by the author himself who, between making Wing and writing the novel, underwent some kind of maximum retardation procedure.
>>
>>15461386
>questionnaire from earlier this year sparks enough interest.
wha?
>>
>>15461409
I just want the MS designs

>>15461415
The English release of the Wing blurays are going to have questions answered by the staff. There was a survey posted by the company releasing the blurays earlier this year for fans to ask questions to the director, writer, sound director, voice actors etc.
>>
>>15461331
>i though they were upgraded by their pilots in the span between the end of the show and the movie

I spent the first 20 minutes of the movie trying to work out why they would upgrade their MS, then just throw them into the sun without using them.

Also vanilla TV Deathscythe and TV Wing Zero. For the rest, the redesigns were better.
>>
>>15461409
This.

It seems the only people who actually want a Frozen Teardrop anime either haven't actually read any of Frozen Teardrop or are idiots.
>>
>>15461442
>I just want the MS designs
No, you really don't.
>>
>>15461480
Yes, I really do.
>>
>>15461481
You're only going to regret it.
>>
>>15461331
I wanna see VerKas of the G Gundam suits. A Katoki'd Maxter or Devil would be interesting to see.
>>
>>15461484
I'm the one who did the first write up on the mobile suits back in the day. Probably one of the only people who have actually read the damn thing. It has a bunch of bullshit but some of the battles like the first lunar war and everything surrounding it are good. A whole lot of the MS sound good too like card themed suits.
>>
>>15461409
FT is absolutely awful but that doesn't stop it from being entertaining as hell though.
>>
>>15461469
I want it to boost the chance of it appearing in Super Robot Wars or Gundam Versus or G Gen
>>
>>15461331
So the Ka version doesn't extend?
It's just a claw?
>>
File: 26834081_p0.jpg (64KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
26834081_p0.jpg
64KB, 300x400px
>>15461480
I just want a Frozen Teardrop anime so I can watch the board devolve into a cesspit of shitposting and chaos, anon.
>>
>>15461732
What do you think we have now?
>>
File: page085.jpg (616KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page085.jpg
616KB, 1129x1600px
>>15461720
Yep. Altron has extending claws, though.
>>
>>15461331
I liked using them in SDGO
>>
File: heeroshima.png (120KB, 434x400px) Image search: [Google]
heeroshima.png
120KB, 434x400px
>>15461469
I absolutely want it though.
Wing is fucking retarded so you might as well double down
>>
>>15461480
I've given up on Frozen Teardrop making any sense.
I just want to see the fucking mobile suits already. At least give me that much.
>>
Personal preference:

Wing: Okawara
Deathscythe: Okawara
Heavyarms: Katoki (Possibly my most favourite Gundam design ever)
Sandrock: Okawara
Shenlong: Okawara

Wing Zero: Okawara
Deathscythe Hell: Okawara
Heavyarms Kai: Okawara
Sandrock Kai: Katoki
Altron: Katoki

I really wish the Katoki Heavyarms Kai was still red, I really fucking hate the blue he used. I also wish the Katoki Sandrock Kai had the cobra shield.
>>
>>15461716
The GoL would be pretty neat in SRw considering all the new stuff the original 5 Gundams gets.

Wing: We've seen it in @2 but to have it as the default unit in a modern SRW would be sweet.
Deathscythe: The Rousette flight pack and DH getting it' double beam back as well as having more than one buster shield.
Heavyarms: The Igel equipment to give it more firepower. The Damselfly equipment for flight.
Sandrock: The armadillo armour with missile pods to give it an FA type attachment.
Shenlong: Probably the one with the most changes, with it's hand claw )that doesn't extend) and a Chinese style Dao instead of it's extendo-claw and flamethrower. Plus the Nataku also keeps the tail cannon.

Then there's the whole Proto-Zero, Wing Zero Custom with the Drei Zwerg and the Tallgeese Flugel.
>>
Any change for Epyon?
>>
>>15461745
Just the shitposting. FT will bring the chaos.
>>
>>15461837
But Katoki Heavyarms Kai's gatling has FOUR barrels. It being purple is worth it.
>>
>>15465122
aside for a few Katoki-isms its pretty much unchanged
which is good cause Epyon is bitchin
>>
>>15465122
She still brings the "step on me" aesthetic, right down to the whip. Shame the transformation couldn't have its rough edges softened out though.

I would have loved to see it get the tv dragon arms located in the shoulders melded somewhere into its design.
>>
>>15465122
Arm blade wings
>>
File: 2017_03_26_20_39_34.jpg (2MB, 1354x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2017_03_26_20_39_34.jpg
2MB, 1354x2000px
Epyon's upgrade from GOL
>>
I prefer Katoki's version in general. I think the slender and tall-looking proportions fit better with the pretty boy looks their pilots have
>>
>>15465374
>purple
Are you colour blind?
>>
>>15461370
>Okawara Epyon
I have to ask, why? It's not a bad design, but I feel the Katoki look fits the demonic/draconic Wing Gundam vibe that the Epyon was going for.
>>15461331
The MG Proto Zero is pure sex.
>>
>>15461442
HGs please! Maybe even the new 1/100 types that INO and RE are doing.
>>
>>15466216
>Arm blade wings
but why?
though i suppose that could apply to all of Katoki's GoL add ons
and the answer is no doubt "cause its cool"
>>
>>15467134
>he hasn't seen a purple heavyarms
>>
desu I'm kind of interested in how Katoki would redesign the G-Unit suits
>>
>>15467425
Same reason why deathscythe has sharp knees and toes
>>
>>15467493
I would honestly love to see an updated greipe.
>>
>>15467471
teal desu, shm
>>
What do you guys think the Tallgeese Heaven looks like? Obviously we don't know, but right now I imagine it's basically the Flugel except with a Tallgeese III base and armaments.
>>
>>15467701
seems apt
>>
>>15467701
Heaven is based on 2 and not 3.
>>
>>15467707
Really? Interesting. Kinda hope it ditches the blue torso though. Yeah, it looks like a classy gentleman but it's more of a Treize thing than a Zechs one.
>>
>>15461352
AKCTUALLY Glory of Losers is doing the opposite; They are still the same suits as before, but when the pilot took them back halfway through Endless Waltz, they only had about half of their armaments.

Glory of Losers is adding weapons to the EW Gundams to make them more in-line or even more powerful than their Okawara counterparts, and between GoL and EW, they lose those armaments, explaining why the ones in EW seem less well-armed.

For example; ever wonder why Wing Zero Custom doesn't have the Neo Bird mode in the movie? Well, apparently Heero never used it because, at the time, he lacked the shield needed for Neo Bird Mode.

So Wing Zero has a Neo Bird Mode now, and technically, thanks to retcon magic, always did. Deathscythe Hell EW has a spear-scythe and TWO buster shields. Altron's winged dragon tail cannon was damaged, so they replaced it with a generic backpack between GoL and EW, Sandrock Kai loses whatever it gets in the manga (not revealed yet, same with Heavyarms Kai EW.)
>>
>>15467716
This is all speculation though. For all we know the EW portion of the manga will give them even more equipment. They could easily change the story.
>>
I love how GoL Heavyarms gets a fucking Osprey tied on its back for a flight backpack.
>>
>>15467716
Wasn't Heavyarms's knife already shown? Besides that the EW design is actually more powerful with TWICE, 2X! the gatling power
>>
If the Heavyarms got a second upgrade, which would you think would be more fitting, full-armor with added sniper capabilities and thunderbolt-level weaponry, or Gatling gun bits?
>>
>>15467779
Gatling gun bits, the twist is that their thrusters are gatlings themselves.
>>
>>15467779
Gatlings. Heavyarms was always all about the saturation fire.
>>
>>15467783
Then how would they propel themselves

desu I'd want to see something in between, with gatling gun bits as well as things that the heavyarms sorely needed like a bazooka and a sniper rifle, fsr I keep thinking that it would also have a forehead cannon like the ZZ

Katoki needs to learn that upgrades mean more than just giving your MS a new coat of paint
>>
>>15467788
>Then how would they propel themselves
With the gatlings, duh.
You underestimate the thrust power of gatlings.
https://what-if.xkcd.com/21/
>>
File: Vol.7_Image_001.jpg (424KB, 1343x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Vol.7_Image_001.jpg
424KB, 1343x1009px
>>15461486
Well at least we got SUPER CLASS.
>>
>>15467795
>>
>>15467774
That's Heavyarms. Heavyarms Kai (blue) hasn't shown up yet, afaik
>>
File: evans.jpg (46KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
evans.jpg
46KB, 568x479px
>>15467799
>Gundam Versailles
>>
>>15467582
Now imagine a Ver.Ka Hydra
>>
>>15467795
>>15467799
Does/will God Gundam get a crazy upgrade as well or stay the same?
>>
>>15467493
>>15467582
Seeing as GoL is throwing elements from the other Wing side stories. Would a G-Unit cameo be probable?
>>
>>15467993
It doesn't really play into the main story. And if they're going to appear, then they'll somehow have to explain why such powerful suits don't make more appearances and affect the storyline and world events.

Glory of Losers so far has much tighter storytelling in places where the TV series faltered a bit, but then again it does have the advantage of ~15 years of hindsight. What new stuff that the manga does introduce can still be silly though, let's not forget that it's meant to lead into Frozen Teardrop and is by Sumizawa. We have stuff like the Zero system causing Zechs to have a vision while dreaming in bed. The vision stays with Zechs and he is compelled to create the WZC by grafting the Tallgeese Flugel's wings onto the salvaged frame of the Proto Zero.
>>
>>15468031
G-Unit wasn't written by Sumisawa which is the main reason it isn't appearing. A cameo by Valdar Farkill wouldn't mess with anything. Especially since FT goes deep into the backstory of Wing. The only G-Unit nod was the Grand Chariot and I think it was a different ship.
>>
>>15467716
thats goofy as shit way to justify cool addons and their subsequent removals
>>
>>15467795
>>15467799
I hate that that manga hasn't been translated
in fact i hate that no G Gundam extra stuff has ever been translated

also i love these Gundams but like not as replacements for the Shuffle Alliance guys, i have too much affection for the Bolt/Maxter/Rose/Dragon
>>
>>15467981
God Gundam is the crazy upgrade
these are the equivalent of that
>>
>>15468736
Now that makes a lot more sense. It would be unfair that only Neo Japan got an upgrade before the final rounds.
>>
File: 1376277907466.png (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1376277907466.png
101KB, 400x400px
>>15467716
>Wing Zero Neo Bird mode
>just let me put my shield on my head and my guns on my shoulders
>yay, it's done
>>
>>15468840
I agree. It's not like the previous bird modes were super involved.
>>
>>15461331
Wing Gundam > Wing Zero > Zero Custom
Deathscythe Hell Custom > Hell > Original
Sandrock Kai Custom > Sandrock = Kai
Altron > Altron Custom > Shenlong
Heavyarms Kai Custom > Kai > Heavyarms
Tallgeese > II > III
>>
>>15468840
That's pretty much what all bird modes were.

...Bird Mode is kind of retarded
>>
>>15469447
Yeah, it's just something about that particular picture. The mental image of a giant robot putting a shield on its head and then goes "I'm a bird now". It's probably the literal wings. At least with the original Wing Gundam, they looked similar to aircraft wings.
>>
>>15468736
>>15468793
The Devil Gundam should have gotten an upgrade that allowed it to actually move. Like a form that more closely resembles a mobile fighter.
>>
File: latest[1].png (194KB, 481x465px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
194KB, 481x465px
>>15468793
honestly Neo Japan was the exception and only really got in because it got the God/Burning in JUUUST before the time limit for the tournament round. in the elimination round you can upgrade and change the Gundam as much as needed, there are very little rules in elimination aside from "be in a gundam" and "dont die". and Neo Japan had just so happened to have a spare Gundam finished up ro replace the absolutely totaled Shining Gundam (cause it was made bu Domons dad and Rain's dad kept it secret cause he was jealous and EVERYONE IN CHARGE OF NEO JAPAN WAS A HUGE SCUMBAG)
and the other guys did get upgrades, they even bragged about them in the Guyana Highlands but all pretty much went "whoops can show you that yet, tee hee!"
>>15469757
it does! Pic Related
not that i can blame you for not knowing it exists, its shown like maybe twice in flash backs and then every other time its shown its a big monstrosity. it transformed from the gundam head! s'got a face for a crotch
speaking of who the fuck do i have to blackmail to get more HG G Gundam modles. id bite a bitch to get a Devil Gundam or Maxter or literately anything else aside from the Master/Burning/Nobel. Cause i have all of those
>>
>>15467799
>>15467795
All I ever think when I see these is that they could have been much better if someone had cleaned up the designs. They're way too jagged and don't look finished.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.