[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Athrun "Plot Armor" Zala?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

What are your thoughts on Athrun "Plot Armor" Zala?
>>
That's Alex Dino.
>>
>>15461209
I wish he'd stop wrecking his interesting mechs. The Aegis and Z91 were neat.
>>
>>15461209

He's a bitch
>>
>>15461209
He's technically the best pilot in CE but he's so damned unfocused that he's unable to give it his all. He's never lost when in SEED mode.
>>
He can't make up his mind.
>>
He likes to side with whoever has the upper hand.
>>
>>15461209
Great guy. Loved it when he pushed Shinn's shit in so Kira could get on with destroying the Legend Gundam. Wish he didn't have that weird pointy hat on all his Gundams, though.
>>
Honestly?
People are complaining about if Shinn deserved to even have a series, or if Kira's the worst character ever, but to me, Athrun is the worst.

He has no conviction and no mind of his own, and whenever the series SAYS that he's going to be doing something of his own will, it's usually just Lacus telling him what to do with flowery language.

You would think that one of the protagonists from the older series traveling with the new kids on the block would be entertaining, but no. Athrun reappears in the series, and instead of trying to get to know ANYONE on the new cast, all he does is sit around and mope.
It doesn't help that he's a massive hypocrite.

No Shinn, it's wrong to try and help the enemy, especially if she's killed people, but it's totally uncool of you to go after my friend when you've been ordered to

The only character worse than him is Neo. I honesty can't believe they were shameless enough to do that
>>
>>15461696
FOLLOW ORDERS, SHINN

DON'T FOLLOW ORDERS, SHINN
>>
>>15461209
plot armor does not exist, only over reactions
>>
File: gundam seed 00050.jpg (125KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
gundam seed 00050.jpg
125KB, 225x350px
>>15461507
>Self-destruction, lol win.
>>
File: srwa8.jpg (510KB, 1590x894px) Image search: [Google]
srwa8.jpg
510KB, 1590x894px
Athrun or bust.
>>
He was the person closest to killing a god.
>>
>>15461696
As someone who had Athrun pegged as his favorite character in SEED... (sigh) Fucking this.

I started rewatching SEED after IBO ending, mainly because I like it. It's not a bad series on it's own, though it's not the masterpiece some people say it is either.

As I watched, I remembered that Kira was always a self-righteous, judgemental little bitch. This is before the Freedom, before Lacus got her claws into him. The only difference was he was relatively powerless in the Strike and was forced to comply, while getting the Freedom was essentially giving a child massive power to do as he pleases. So, he's in character in Destiny.

Shinn is practically a side-character in his own show, so it's hard to fault him especially when his "mentor" only gives him advice that turns out to be hypocritical.

Athrun though? He becomes the worse, going after everyone else. He goes at Cagalli over the Orb forces, goes at Kira for attacking the Minerva then turns around and goes at the Minerva for going after Kira. "Shinn, I know you feel for Stella but she's an enemy. Shoot her down. But don't shoot Kira down despite him being labelled as an enemy, 'k?" It's like he has no empathy, and is only concerned about things as they relate to him.

Thank God they didn't ruin Dearka (minus the breakup) or Yzak. And I guess I can be happy Natarle and Flay were dead rather than being tainted by Destiny.
>>
>>15461209
the true protagonist of SEED
>>
>>15461209
I don't like him, and I'm female.
>>
>>15462261

con't

I when I was in High school I honestly couldn't understand his appeal...
>>
>>15461209
>Thank God they didn't ruin Dearka (minus the breakup) or Yzak.
This.
>>
>>15461209
I don't understand his break-up with Cagalli at the end of Destiny. It didn't make sense at all.
>>
>>15462975
Morosawa had a hate-boner for Cagalli's VA, or so I read, and thus wrote her to be useless and miserable.
>>
>>15461696
>>15461846
>>15462139
But should you blame this on the character or chalk it up to Fukuda and Morosawa are fucking failures who don't know how to write people with basic consistent motivations?
>>
>>15462983
She was useless for vanilla Seed too, just less miserable.

Well, debatably less miserable, since she got to watch her father and country burn.
>>
>>15462141
I agree, but like >>15462139 and >>15461696 said, he had shit characterization and progression.
>>
File: Based Yzak.png (266KB, 822x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Based Yzak.png
266KB, 822x1530px
>>15463106
I get what you're saying, but the fact is that despite the "quality" of his creators he still did those things. He still acted like a hypocritical hebitch to everyone, changing sides constantly to suit his feelings and then getting upset he has to keep fighting his former allies despite him never explaining things to them. All of that is still canon no matter what.
>>
>>15461209
Reminder that he was the true hero in SEED, who saved the day by fucking self destructing his nuclear powered suit in the genesis while kira was having a dick measuring contest with Rau, which at this point served no purpose.
>>
>>15464026
Depending on how far you want to stretch things, you could blame all of Destiny on Athrun.

>Cagalli lacks confidence running Orb.
>Instead of helping her, Athrun fucks off to ZAFT.
>Cagalli loses her spine and lets the Seirans run everything.
>Seirans buddy up with LOGOS. Orb military forced to fight alongside the EA, and gets blown up by Shinn. Orb shelters Clownface, giving Durandal PR-friendly reasons for blowing up Orb.

>Shinn needs a mentor.
>Athrun is too busy brooding to help, or just yells contradictory messages at Shinn (>>14740117).
>Shinn, via Rey, becomes Durandal's loyal attack dog.
>Athrun acts surprised when Kira gets stabbed by the Impulse. Athrun still acts surprised when he gets stabbed by the Destiny.

>Luna becomes interested in Athrun.
>Athrun makes zero attempts to dissuade or redirect her affections.
>Shinn, not getting any interest from Luna, falls for Stella instead.
>No epic Kira/Shinn double-team against the Destroy. No potential for the Archangel and Minerva to team up again in the future, perhaps with the latter rebelling against Durandal.

>Meer is a fake Lacus.
>Athrun doesn't fucking say anything about his former fiancee being replaced by an easily manipulated fake.
>Durandal gets mad PR cred for being 'allied' with 'Lacus Clyne'.
>Durandal's power grows unchecked.

Fuck Athrun. Nicol died for nothing.
>>
>>15462139
If you just rewatched SEED can you tell me how you got over how cucked Sai was.

I'm still not over it.
>>
>>15462975
>>15462983
It's funny cause isn't she like the only SEED-capable Natural pilot?
>>
>>15464571
I don't think the drama started until Destiny was in production, since Shinn's VA was supposed to have gotten screwed over as a result too.
>>
File: deep.jpg (216KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
216KB, 1280x830px
>>15464017
But who's responsible for making it canon?
>>
>>15464571
Shhh, Anon. That's from the same part of canon where Mwu and Rau were supposed to be The Last Newtypes so "normal people" could determine the future. Sunrise doesn't want you to remember that.
>>
I've never understood how the IJ is supposed to be melee focused
>>
>>15461209
He had to go through his character arc twice.
That's all I got.
>>
File: BDci0rWCQAEmmb5.jpg (26KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
BDci0rWCQAEmmb5.jpg
26KB, 345x500px
>>15464546
>Someone saved your post from ages ago and made it into a copy-pasta.
>>
>>15461209
He had the best mechs in CE. Aegis and Saviour were goat.
>>
>>15462139
Reminder that Dearka was demoted into a greenshirt grunt because he was a racemixer
>>
Bitch nigga don't want to see my boy Jesus in a fair one
>>
File: Snapshot 7 (4-25-2017 11-56 AM).png (189KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 7 (4-25-2017 11-56 AM).png
189KB, 629x354px
>>
>>15464571
How can she be natural when Kira and she are twins?
>>
>>15470841
Ulen Hibiki, in his unfathomable madness, depravity, and the smell of the fat check supplied by Al Da Flaga who wanted to have himself cloned, managed to capitalize on the fact that his wife was having twins to extract one embyro for use in his attempts to perfect the artificial womb. Cagalli was carried to term by his wife, Kira went to the artificial womb and became the Ultimate Coordinator instead.

I guess he added Coordinator modifications to Kira to see if his artificial womb actually worked. After all, if Kira developed as a Natural, Ulen wouldn't have had a control template to check for his artificial womb's success or have known what kind of genetic change to look out for during development.

Doesn't really answer why he decided to use Kira in the first place though, he had tossed plenty of failed fetuses while working on the artificial womb before.
>>
>>15461209
He's a big faggot, but I like Akira Ishida
>>
>>15470885

Im gonna be honest, the whole Kira was secretly THE ULTIMATE COORDINATOR feels like such hot bullshit. Really does seem like just a last minute excuse as to why the protagonist is the bestest ever.

I really don't get why the Japanese think their heroes need to be double unique to the point where it begins to under mine their previous accomplishments
>>
>>15461209
Out of the mcs I think he had the least plot armor.
>>
He knows not to be tied down to one woman.
Went from lacus to cagalli. Was about to throw his life away for a retard president and then wised up and went for the jailbait girl meyrin
>>
File: 1313212394997.jpg (111KB, 930x597px) Image search: [Google]
1313212394997.jpg
111KB, 930x597px
>>15470894

In principle it really shouldn't because being an ULTIMATE COORDINATOR only meant that the genetics came out 100% the designers have wanted without any variables affecting it (ie. mother's womb), which is why I'm confused how that somehow turned Kira into beam spamming, mad programming, fiance cucking, SORE DEMO spouting, death defying Jesus
>>
>>15470894
>>15473194

I mean, is it different from Setsuna being TRUE INNOVATOR
>>
>>15470885
Power?

Imagine, a rich guy pays you money to make a clone of him, and to make that clone the greatest person who ever lived. You take his money, perfect your technique, make the clone, but actually make your own son the greatest product of your technology. It's basically cuckoldry.

>>15470894
I think it's a question of lineage being a big thing in their culture. You can't just be really good and excel at something through hard work, you need to have the perfect breeding as well.
>>15473095

>Meyrin
>jailbait
If Athrun were clever, he would've ended up with a perfect harem of Meer and both Hawke girls. But no, he's a moron.
>>
>>15473351

If his artificial womb had failed yet again he would have lost his son though.

Or maybe he did it after the womb was perfected, I don't recall the details. I only remember that he took out Kira, against his wife's objections, and used the artificial womb to bring the fetus that would become Kira to maturity, and around the same time, the artificial womb would be used to make a clone of Al Da Flaga.

Ironic, that the one flashback that the series desperately needed lasted less than an episode's length.
>>
>>15473332

I mean Setsuna at least had the fucked up back story to offset this shit. Kira was just some rando every day nerd until nope super jesus
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.