[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be honest, without plot armor Shinn would have destroyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1322.jpg (29KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1322.jpg
29KB, 704x396px
Let's be honest, without plot armor Shinn would have destroyed Kira & Athrun
>>
>>15460542
Without plot armor neither of them would have survived to meet Shinn
>>
File: Shinn.Asuka.full.618369.jpg (170KB, 1026x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Shinn.Asuka.full.618369.jpg
170KB, 1026x1400px
>>15460574

Yeah that's also true
>>
File: ZvsAII.jpg (257KB, 730x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ZvsAII.jpg
257KB, 730x1024px
>>15460542
Well, first of all, you have to define what we're considering "plot armor"
Is it just the simple fact that on average, the main character of a show probably isn't going to die, even if they're defeated?
Or is it when a bunch of strange coincidences or characters acting oddly to set up a scenario where things work out in the favor of the main characters?

But putting that aside
Shinn losing to Kira/Athrun isn't really my big problem. My big problem is that besides the fact that they were mostly slapped together with stock footage, it's like the writing was going out of it's way to humiliate Shinn.

>He's been doing really good with that big sword of his. I bet Kira Yamato could catch it and put a stop to the boy!
>Make sure to get a good ol' Kira Yamato kick on him when he tries his laser palm thing too!
Did we really have to have him go "IF THAT WAS A BEAM HE TOTALLY COULD HAVE KILLED ME! GRR I'M SO ANGRY"?

I guess I'm supposed to believe that after Destiny Gundam runs amok all over 3-5 Destroy Gundams at Heaven's Base that this battle at Orb is enough to deplete Destiny Gundam's energy?
Why is he swinging his anti-ship sword at Athrun without turning the beam blade on? Oh, he's throwing his beam boomerangs again, and Athrun kicks them away like he did last time. I thought Shinn was supposed to be a good pilot? He seemed pretty capable of learning on the fly in combat, but no, there he goes, down on the moon. Athrun didn't even have to try, right before the episode break.

And I guess my issue is that I guess because Athrun and Kira are older characters, they're immediately better than everyone else even though they went out of their way to not pilot for like 2-3 years. That basically means that the Druggie Trio are the second-best set of pilots in the entire CE Universe.

And while I'm complaining, I don't like how the last four new mobile suits of the series are just touched up versions of older mobile suits.
>>
>>15460601
That's a cool pic anon
>>
>>15460542
Destiny is not above the law. Justice will see to it that one who thinks so is put in their place.
>>
>>15460542

Without plot armor Shinn wouldn't have lived long enough to get good enough to fight either of them.
>>
>>15460542
without plot armor shin would have gotten bodied
>>
>>15460601
>Did we really have to have him go "IF THAT WAS A BEAM HE TOTALLY COULD HAVE KILLED ME! GRR I'M SO ANGRY"?
It proves that Kira did not learn a goddamn thing from his previous defeat.

Kira is fighting:
>The only pilot other Athrun who has outright defeated him
>The only pilot who has defeated him while that pilot had an inferior suit
>The very same pilot that now has a suit as good as his
>The pilot that would not have defeated him, had he opted for lethal attacks during their previous battle
>The very same pilot that was, and still is, clearly trying to kill him
And his response is to pull his non-lethal I'm-too-good-to-actually-defeat-my-opponents-BS again. It's one of the few times where Shinn's anger is justified, because Kira was being an arrogant prick when he did that. Unfortunately, Shinn's piloting skill evaporates when not fighting the EA, so he couldn't do shit beyond getting tossed around by Fukuda's BS.

We didn't even get a goddamn good fight out of any of it. Just more Kira saving the day while Meteor plays, only to not really accomplish anything.
>>
>>15461994

I'm just gonna fanfic it and pretend Shinn and Kira end in a draw if they did actually fight to the death
>>
>>15460542
Kira, for sure. He was supposed to rest at the bottom of the ocean. What was the official explanation for his survival?
>>
>>15462204
> Shinn missed the cockpit with his stab. hitting the reactor
> Fission reactors like the Freedom's don't explode. Kira shut off his N-Jammer Canceller just in case, which instantly stopped any reaction from happening. This also means he had no Phase Shift.
> The shockwave was from the Minerva's beam hitting the water.
> During the blast, the Freedom fell into the water which protected Kira from fatal damage.
> Even with his Phase Shift down, and we saw the damage the Impulse took with Phase Shift up.
>>
>>15462204
Depends which bit the Strike self destructing is explained as his seat stopping the blast and saving him.

The Freedom is explained as he turned the reactor off so his MS didn't explode.

Both as you can see are utterly idiotic.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.