[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about Casshern Sins? Other than KILL CASSHERN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 151

What does /m/ think about Casshern Sins? Other than KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN that is
>>
>>15456526

It was alright. I suppose. Totally bummed me out.
>>
>>15456526
It's one of my favorite anime. It's actually pretty well written despite what some pretentious anons would claim. It's definitely not what you'd expect after watching the original but I actually found it more enjoyable in a way.
>>
>>15456526

Cried at the ending
>>
>>15456549
I didn't watch the last episode, what happened?
>>
>>15456526
What a bitch
>>
File: i am ringo.webm (560KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
i am ringo.webm
560KB, 853x480px
I AM RINGO!

>>15456557
Make sure to spoiler dat shit. I haven't finished watching yet.
>>
>>15456557
Casshern sinned
>>
>>15456557

all his pals he met on his journey except OP girl and friender died, all the remaining robots in the land are somewhat immortal but Casshern is now a robotic Grim Reaper who will come for them when it's their time to stop functioning
>>
The art style really put me off, and the KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN SUN CALLED MOON shit got really old really fast. It's not something you can marathon or watch without something to chase it with to keep you from wanting to kill yourself even more than you already do.
>>
>>15456594
>The art style really put me off

u fookin wat
>>
NE IMA DOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8qOn4IFmg
>>
File: sad ibuki.png (383KB, 624x391px) Image search: [Google]
sad ibuki.png
383KB, 624x391px
>>15456582

>Only by dying where they truly able to live
>>
File: giulianogemma.jpg (115KB, 736x1081px) Image search: [Google]
giulianogemma.jpg
115KB, 736x1081px
>>15456570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYZU5CWEt0
>>
>>15456549
>Casshern leaves a 7 year old on her own
How the fuck did she even feed herself? What the fuck Casshern?
>>
>>15456689

He left Friender with her I thought, isn't one of the closing shots her as an adult with Friender by her side?
>>
The memes it made when airing on Toonami were great.
>>
File: 8c9d9bb6d8e3af40102685c58645ecc2.jpg (163KB, 736x1140px) Image search: [Google]
8c9d9bb6d8e3af40102685c58645ecc2.jpg
163KB, 736x1140px
>>15456526
I watched it nearly to the end, and for some reason I forget to finish it until this day. I like it, until where I got, even if the episodic format that generally comes down to "Casshern arrives to a new place, we are presented to tragic character(s) of the day, KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN, tragic character of the day struggle conclusion, Casshern leaves" becomes kind of repetitive soon. But generally those tragic characters of the day are somehow enough distinctive and interesting to catch your interest. Is really a artistically elegant series. That kind of different stuff that you like to enjoy from time to time.

Also, Sophita is best girl.
>>
>>15456526
Only thing i remember is that girl with the bell. I really wish that she turned herself into a bell and casshern hears it ring when he's leaving"
>>
>>15456701
Friender is a dog with no hands who can't speak english
>>
>>15456606
You motherfucker I was going to post that first
>>
>>15456526
Horrible anime and one of the worst remakes ever
>>
Tried to watch it and the first episode was non-stop talking heads about stuff that sounds idiotic and melodramatic that isn't properly explained so I turned it off in absolute disgust
Is the classic stuff better?
>>
File: hahahaha-this-sucks-man-3187140.png (160KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha-this-sucks-man-3187140.png
160KB, 500x677px
>>15456526
It combines two of the worst things you can put into a work of fiction; melodrama and pretension. It follows a formula that gets incredibly dull and predictable after the first episode and tries so hard to be DARK AND BROODING that it goes so far up its own ass as a result. You can tell that it attracts the "hipster" crowd due to its artsyle and writing but the show is such a slog to get through that it managed to scare more people away than attract hence why its pretty obscure. Really Casshern seems like one of the last properties that needed an edgy re-imaging since the original is already dark as it is, it worked for Tekkaman Blade because there was a human element to it all despite all the tragedy while SIns just revels in all of it not really giving enough time to its cast to care because the end result will always be the same. While I wouldn't say its bad its just not enjoyable to watch under any circumstances unless you hate yourself or have a huge boner for Umakoshi.
>>
>>15457944
>Is the classic stuff better?
The original is more fun to watch but its essentially like every 70's Tatsunoko superhero show from that early only a more edgy. The OVAs are kinda bleh in the same vein as the 90's Polymer OVA where you just watch it for some mindless action and well animated sequences.
>>
It's GOAT-tier

When you press any if these anons to articulate what they perceive as pretension, you'll just get an endless stream if nonsense about what they felt, but nothing about how the show itself actually presents.

Beautiful animation, a rich, vibrant world, and thoughtful stories all combine to create a real "modern classic".
>>
>>15458455
I guess this is one of those "hipsters" people keep talking about who enjoy this garbage
>>
File: 1476710482636.jpg (16KB, 187x231px) Image search: [Google]
1476710482636.jpg
16KB, 187x231px
>>15458455
>When you press any if these anons to articulate what they perceive as pretension, you'll just get an endless stream if nonsense about what they felt, but nothing about how the show itself actually presents.
This show is as deep as a fucking puddle and don't require much thought because they literally fucking explain everything to you vibrant every episode. As the others has stated its very repetitious and the way how it tries to convey tragedy comes off as far too melodramatic to be taken seriously so its a wonder why the only thing that every gets quoted from the show is KILL CASSHERN DEVOUR CASSHERN because that's pretty much what you're getting for 26 episodes.

>>15457981
>it worked for Tekkaman Blade because there was a human element to it all despite all the tragedy
This. That show really illustrates how much D-Boy's life sucks despite the power bestowed in him and how he needs everyone around him to make him keep going biggest problem with Sins is that Casshern himself is far too perfect and is hard to care about yet he's suppose to be the emotional core of the series that's why people gravitate towards Dio because he was a character that actually had emotional turmoil and had to struggle with his own inferiority complex. Every time I look at Casshern Sins I see a show that's such a waste of good talent on such a lackluster script .
>>
>>15458520
Overall, Yamauchi was a mistake.
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=2706
>>
>dark and edgy
>tryhard
>hipster
>melodramatic
>forced drama
>pretentious
>muh buzzwords
Even if it does have the above, that does not stop it from being entertaining. No fun allowed apparently.

>>15458455
I really like it myself, too. Really don't get the hate. On top of the well-done writing and episodes, the animation is great, and it has an amazing cinematic score.

>>15457981
>the original is already dark
Did we watch the same show? Because it's not. The original is goofy as hell even if people die all the time in it.

>casshern sins
>pretty obscure
Idiot.
>>
>>15458520
Kobayashi probably tried to do something pretentious on Sins and it blew up in her face. She is just not a good writer other than for adapting shit.
>>
>>15458928
This looks like a good BD-rip.
last time I checked I was disapointed by the washed up screenshots.
>>
What is it with Tatsunoko the past few years?

Casshern Sins was laughably edgy and pretentious, Gatchaman Crowds was awful, no one gave a shit about Yatterman Night past the loli, Psycho-Pass was only popular because of Urobutcher. Ping-Pong was actually pretty good, but it's also really niche.

Everything else either passed under the radar or targeted at such a young audience that no one cared. It feels like there's no hype at all for Infini-T Force either.
>>
>>15458976
Time Bokan 24 got a 2nd season 2 cour season confirmed, so it seems to have done well enough. Although, yes, kid's show, so people online don't care.
>>
>>15458928
>Because it's not.
Sinfags have never seen the original? What a shocker.

>Idiot.
Except it is obscure. It was a big flop in Japan and America and the only people who gives a shit about it are Umakoshi purists. I think the live action Casshern movie is more well known than Sins
>>
>>15458928
>No fun allowed apparently.
Sins is no fun allowed the show
>>
>>15458928
>Main character forcibly turns himself into a cyborg
>setting is a destitute wasteland
>Had the highest bodycount of characters of any Tatsunoko show during that period including Gatchaman
>Tone was a lot more serious than anything Tatsunoko was putting out back then

Go and actually watch the original Casshern, it already was dark in itself even if its aesthetics were more colorful than Sins
>>
"you're a boring person not living a proper life if you aren't rapidly dying of robot cancer" is a shitty moral.
>>
>>15458976
Gatchaman Crowds did pretty well or at least the first season did. It was at least better than the shitty live action movie that came out at the same time that was more faithful to the original Gatchaman.
>>
>>15458976

>What is it with Tatsunoko the past few years?

They make anime for young kids. That's their specialty. Always has been. There are a couple of outliers but they're rare.

Most of the shows you listed are reboots or nostalgia pandering to a crowd who are pushing 50 nowadays and likely stopped watching and caring about anime decades ago.
>>
>>15458928
Asshurt fanboy tries to trash the original
Fuck off you don't belong here
>>
>>15459363
>trash the original
Never did. Seems you're simply annoyed that somebody likes Sins.

>>15459033
I have seen the original. It may have dark elements when compared to other shows around its time, but not like how you're acting.

>>15458974
According to anidb, Philosophy-raw's version came out on "06.09.2016", but the video quality before that couldn't have been that bad, right?
>>
If you don't like Casshern SINS, then don't post ITT. That's why I'm not, besides this post.
>>
>>15459363
You are retarded.
>>
As far as melodrama goes, it pulls it off better than most anime. But it's still extremely melodramatic and you kind of have to be in the right mood for that sort of thing.
>>
>Lel laid back care free guy
Still liked the episode, though.
>>
This episode was pretty bad and it nearly put me to sleep, but I really like this chick's design. That's really it.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: it was sad as fuck.jpg (16KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
it was sad as fuck.jpg
16KB, 190x190px
What really bugs me is if Luna was a robot (or, wtf she was with all that power) and if Ringo was human. Humans were really screwed up in the series too, almost none were presented.

I enjoyed the series, but it felt too vague/philosofical for my closed mind.
>>
>>15462434
Ringo was either Casshern or Dio and Leda's daughter.
>>
>>15462588
She's Dio's and Leda's daughter. No way in hell she has anything to do with Casshern.
>>
boku wa
>>
>getting humiliated by circus people
Casshan can really be pathetic at times.
>>
I cringed at this part.
>>
File: laughing circus people.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughing circus people.webm
1MB, 640x480px
Also.
>>
Ringo a cute.
>>
File: JUST.webm (574KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.webm
574KB, 853x480px
JUST
>>
>evil casshan
>dio
Is that a JoJo reference? It was really cringy when this guy appeared.
>>
>>15465413

Yeah but that final fight tho
>>
These guys.
>>
What was his fucking problem?
>>
File: did they fug.webm (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
did they fug.webm
1MB, 853x480px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>15465465
She wanted to ring his bell
>>
Was it autism?
>>
>>15465594
No, it was not autism.
>>
>>
File: 1441399839825.jpg (30KB, 782x577px) Image search: [Google]
1441399839825.jpg
30KB, 782x577px
This episode was pure kino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6r7YXWLic
>>
JUST. Those robots are scary.
>>
73' Casshern is fun as fuck. Gonna rewatch it this year dubbed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcS_M7HsVU
>>
Red spandex girl was pretty hot. Forgot her name.
>>
>>15466496
>guy magically disappear
huh i expect worse
>the robot guy slit throat
never mind
>>
File: 1.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>>15466532
I crie ever tiem
>>
>cheeky casshan
>>
Why does everyone in this wasteland want Casshan's neo-human cock?
>>
Image stitch time.
>>
>>15468324
>Why does everyone in this wasteland want Casshan's neo-human cock?
Look at him and compare with all the others "male" robots in the wastelands.
>>
Even the other robots join in with the song.
>>
>>15468349
Even kid robots are swooned by him. Can anyone stop him?
>>
>dat ending with the robot bawling his eyes out
Those feels.
>>
File: YAMERO.webm (880KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.webm
880KB, 853x480px
YAMERO
>>
Honest opinion on the live actin movie? I kinda forgot how bad it was.
>>
>>15468401
Its set design is really good compared to every Japanese live action movie, the script is an absolute fucking mess but I enjoyed it anyways.
>>
>>15468401
Except it wasn't bad at all you kuso.
>>
JUST
>>
>get back to your parents
Ouch.
>>
File: pure kino.webm (2MB, 1150x480px) Image search: [Google]
pure kino.webm
2MB, 1150x480px
>Except it wasn't bad at all you kuso
>wasn't bad
>at all
>>
The movie had a great visual style, but how is this even Casshan again?
>>
>>15469326
You can say the same thing about Sins, Casshern has such a bare bones premise that the only thing that connects all of them is the title character's timeless design.
>>
>>15469345
Except Sins among other things actually has Braiking as a robot unlike the live action where's he's a neo-human for some fucking reason. The entire point is man vs machine, not man vs neo-human with robots as their army and random ethnic cleansing to obtain spare body parts for the ruling class admist a steam-pink dystopian society after a war between Asia and Europe or something of the sort.
>>
>>15469768
>Except Sins among other things actually has Braiking as a robot
But he's nothing like Baiking Boss at all in fact he doesn't do much of anything throughout Sins
>>
>>15469768
Sins only shares likeness with characters from the original, none of them actually act like them infact its not really faithful to the franchise lore at all which begs the question why even use the likeness.
>>
>>15469768
If you're going to knock the movie for not being faithful you shouldn't be giving Sins a free pass. Like Crowds the people who like it only do so because its nothing like the "childish" original
>>
Now compare Tekkaman/Tekkaman Blade.
>>
File: jap.jpg (151KB, 909x1047px) Image search: [Google]
jap.jpg
151KB, 909x1047px
>>15468373
>>
>>15469803
Tekkaman was a lot more goofy and more so in tune with what Tatsunoko was dishing during the 70's.

Blade almost feels like a prototype of Evangelion in the "how much worse can you make the MC suffer" sort of way. On the outside it feels very much like those edgy 90's reboots of classic properties but on the inside is a very human story that delves into more themes than the original.
>>
File: so random xd.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
so random xd.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>15469775
That's not the point. It still implies that shit went down beforehand and that was the premise of the original. Unlike the live action where it's based in real life and a complete mess.

>>15469799
Something of the sort could have taken place before the series with Braiking waging a war against humanity except unlike the original, he won in Sins. Haven't finished Sins yet, but I'm unsure if they're even going to go into it.

>>15469802
Tsk tsk tsk. The salt is strong in this one. Talking about specific here. Of course both are different and do their own thing.
>>
>>15469803
Tekkaman - 60's Batman

Tekkaman Blade - 80's Batman

There's more of a discrepancy between these two than Casshern/Casshern Sins. On the surface Tekkaman is a silly superhero show...and it is! On the surface Tekkaman Blade is its edgy reboot counterpart...and in a lot of ways it is without going overboard with it (with the exception of those OVAs) but its still all the same enjoyable.
>>
>>15469835
They're not really related even as a "what-if" sort of story. Sins is largely just a character drama with Cassharn wandering the wasteland meeting people on their deathbeds which actually has some meaningful symbolism towards the end as to why people keep dying when he shows up until the final conflict arises which has nothing to do with Baiking Boss and then everything becomes clear. The actual lore of how the world ended up the way it did really doesn't matter and its not the point of the show and is the reason why its not good.
>>
>dat asscrack
>>
>giant microphone wasteland
Because music and songs. Get it?
>>
>>15456526
I fucking hate it because it could have been the perfect Megaman Zero Anime
>>
>>15469856
Use your imagination. Either the ruin or the war caused the planet to end up like that.

>hurr hurr it was bad because it never explained something that wasn't necessary to the plot
Idiot.

>>15469811
Delete this right fucking now, you damn cheeky human.
>>
File: 1493150825117.png (1MB, 680x439px) Image search: [Google]
1493150825117.png
1MB, 680x439px
>>
>>15468354
>>15468373
aw man fuck that episode
that one was super depressing
>>
File: bolton.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
bolton.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>15471843
The episode was pretty good, but I didn't expect her to die since the others before her didn't. Sad as fuck afterwards.
>>
File: CUTE.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.webm
2MB, 853x480px
KA-WA-II
>>
>>15471827
>MU FANFICTION

The people who like this show are exactly the pretentious cunts people say you are
>>
>>15471827
I didn't even say that for one. Its just not a good show period.
>>
Some Sins webms on /wsg/ for anyone interested.
Hopefully I did this right

>>>/wsg/1658800
>>>/wsg/1658808
>>>/wsg/1658754
>>>/wsg/1658862
>>>/wsg/1658939
>>
File: a cute niko.webm (359KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
a cute niko.webm
359KB, 853x480px
>>
This episode was okay, but at least it showed us a few things.
>>
Notice how his human face has come off due to the ruin. Maybe all the other civilian-type robots once had faces, too. Unless, they were basic in design to begin with.
>>
Hmm?
>>
File: NIGERO NIKO.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
NIGERO NIKO.webm
3MB, 853x480px
JUST
>>
File: 1.jpg (42KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42KB, 960x540px
>>15472049
Leda is hot af.
Post Leda.
>>
>>15472059
FUCK YOU
>>
File: CUTE 2.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE 2.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>
File: anime edgelord.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
anime edgelord.webm
2MB, 853x480px
This guy was too anime for me.
>>
File: Leda ganbare.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Leda ganbare.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>
And what was up with that nigger's face?
>>
>>15472101
Hey, I made that webm!
>>
I fucking hate this guy going toe to toe with Casshan like some fanfiction character.
>>
>dat face

>>15472002
What's wrong? Can't use your head? Not everything has to take you by the hand and explain everything like a babby.
>>
Any other cheeky human find this robot really creepy?
>>
>>
File: 2343242.jpg (255KB, 679x675px) Image search: [Google]
2343242.jpg
255KB, 679x675px
>>15472087
>>
File: my brain.jpg (16KB, 318x208px) Image search: [Google]
my brain.jpg
16KB, 318x208px
>>15472199
>>
File: Leda v. Casshern.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Leda v. Casshern.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>15472101
>>
>>15467556

Leda was one of my favorite characters in Sins.
>>
File: 0cover.jpg (289KB, 902x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0cover.jpg
289KB, 902x1300px
Why does this exist?
>>
File: kakkoii desu ne.webm (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
kakkoii desu ne.webm
1MB, 853x480px
>>
>>15456689
It is implied that when Ringo grows, Casshern will fuck her to repopulate the world with beings of actual normal life spans.
>>
>>15474596
Where the hell did you get that?
>>
>>15474838
They made a big deal about the fact Ringo is the daughter of Leda and Dio, because Leda, Dio and Casshern were especifically created to create life, upon Braiking Boss' orders. Leda settled for Dio because Casshern was just a wild psycho before killing Luna. As the daughter of the 2 Neo-Humans, Ringo is implied (or stated by the old man? I forgot) to be able to grow, reproduce and perish "like a human". Casshern being one of the original 3 neo-humans can reproduce sexually with a female neo-human, so... Yup.

And they make this whole deal when teenage Ringo appears on camera in the last episode about population lifespan normalizing or some shit.
>>
>accept death
>why won't you
>well, then die
This twink and his episode was really stupid.
>>
>>15475049
SHUT UP! ITS DEEP AND MEANINGFUL
>>
File: i cry every time.webm (156KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
i cry every time.webm
156KB, 853x480px
>>15475082
Well, it does have meaning, but it just wasn't very well executed or interesting.
>>
File: Casshern Sins ED 3 Stitch.jpg (1MB, 4781x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern Sins ED 3 Stitch.jpg
1MB, 4781x1080px
If anyone is interested, here's stitch 1 of 3 from the 3rd ED. Took longer than I thought, but I'm not very good when it comes stitching images with moving things and shifting colors.
>>
>>15476977
Thanks, that's really nice. I love Casshern Sins.
>>
I fucking hate Nu-/m/ so much.
>>
LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA!

>>15477180
If you don't like then, then simply leave. What's triggering you so much about this anime?

>>15477154
There's 2 more from that ED to go, but If there's anything you'd like a stitch of, then give me a holler.
>>
>>15477180
Do you hate it for liking Sins or hating Sins? This entire thread is full of mixed messages.
>>
File: 1232142145.jpg (288KB, 513x700px) Image search: [Google]
1232142145.jpg
288KB, 513x700px
>>15477269
I hate the "new" low-brow next-gen wave of autistic spazzes shitting on Sins. Same level and concept as the fags who hear mainstream music who want to tip their fedoras harder about how their "outside" the mainstream music pop culture because it makes them feel validated. Same concept here with Sins being fairly well written and a few fags losing their shit people liking it over the original series.
>>
File: rv0SYgGh.jpg (29KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
rv0SYgGh.jpg
29KB, 1024x741px
>>15478288
>Same concept here with Sins being fairly well written
>>
File: 1383380887569.jpg (150KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1383380887569.jpg
150KB, 960x720px
>>15478399
>reddit imgur filename
>>
File: fag.png (697KB, 768x1156px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
697KB, 768x1156px
>>15478288
Sins was shat on even back when it first aired if anything you're the low-brow next-gen wave autist praising it. To pretend that Sins is somehow this untouchable masterpiece when it was flop financially and fairly divisive critically and that the people hating on it are "hipsters" shitting (which is a load of shit since Sins isn't well known outside Umaloshi purists)

>Same concept here with Sins being fairly well written and a few fags losing their shit people liking it over the original series.
Sins isn't well-written though most of the spurging is because retards like you try to elevate more than it what it is, you can't even say its darker than the rest of the franchise either.
>>
File: 234543636.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
234543636.gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>15478417
>>15478399
(You).

>Umaloshi purists
>purists

Damn you are dumb. Also all that projection, holy shit /m/ truly has fallen.
>>
File: casshern-tvc.jpg (95KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
casshern-tvc.jpg
95KB, 700x1000px
>>15478417
>Sins was shat on even back when it first aired
This is bullshit, I recall when this came put on /a/ everybody raving at how good was Sins, and the more tryhard ones telling me to stop watching whatever I was watching back then (I think I was watching Death Note or Code Geass) and start watching Sins.

That said, I'm on the unusual camp where I really like both the original Casshern and Sins. Although I still dont know what the fuck I think about the movie, and I've seen it 3 times. Do I like it? Do I hate it? I just don't know.
>>
>>15478417
>Sins was shat on even back when it first aired
Different anon here: would love to see how you can provide proof of this given your clearly associating the "shatting on" with /m/ and I doubt you have any proof of what /m/ thinks back then.

Also I don't think that guy ever called Sins a "untouchable masterpiece" in his previous posts just by quickly skimming through the reply chain here between you two. But I can assure you /m/ is not a hivemind. Sins was flawed but it sure as fuck even with its issues for those of us who don't have ADHD still enjoyed it.

Also would love to see what you think is "well written" from that same time period Sins came out with a contemporary anime from the same year as it.
>>
>>15478446
>>15478448
>Its a Sins fag revisions history ever

>This is bullshit, I recall when this came put on /a/ everybody raving at how good was Sins
Sins threads were practically dead and barely hit bump limit back then. It was a show mostly for tryhard artfags.

>>15478448
>would love to see how you can provide proof of this given your clearly associating the "shatting on" with /m/ and I doubt you have any proof of what /m/ thinks back then.
Archives don't go back to 2008 newshit, you were either here or wasn't back hen but if a show doesn't get retroactive discussion or frequently listed on 3x3 threads then it was probably not well-received and only a few people gave a shit about it

>Sins was flawed but it sure as fuck even with its issues for those of us who don't have ADHD still enjoyed it.
Nah you're just a pretentious jackass.

>Also would love to see what you think is "well written" from that same time period Sins came out with a contemporary anime from the same year as it.
Kaiba motherfucker! Which was vastly more popularity and critically acclaimed than Sins.
>>
This show single handedly one of the worst intro of all time with a decent song. The entire thing was like .1 frames a second
>>
How was this received in Japan?
>>
>>15479507
Bombed and isn't really all that well remembered except by sakugafags for MUH UMAKOSHI but even then his next work Heartcatch Precure pretty much eclipsed it entirely
>>
>>15468401
>When the BluRay ruins the tempo of his theme song when he mows down the army of robuts
Good thing I have both
>>
>>15479208
>Kaiba
Shit taste, the post.
>>
File: 45436423432523.png (279KB, 714x496px) Image search: [Google]
45436423432523.png
279KB, 714x496px
>>15479208
>appeal to popularity
>newshit
>3x3 garbage meme threads
>pretentious
>appeal to belief

Holy shit kill yourself. Your entire fucking post you mongoloid comes down to "people like things I don't so its shit and I hate that" and appealing to fucking popularity in your retarded own little personal narrative.

Neck yourself.
>>
>>15479573
>NO U: The post
Sasuga Sinsfag
>>
>>15479575
That "no you" doesn't exist outside your little brain, troglodyte kun. If you weren't such a booty-blasted piss-ant getting upset at other things and people not sharing your shit taste you'd catch that given how much your last post is literally entirely set around subjectivity and lying through your teeth.

I will say it again: kill yourself.
>>
>>15479208
why are you lying this much dude?

did Umakoshi shit on your mom and piss on your grandparents or something?
>>
File: 1467560926890.png (806KB, 732x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467560926890.png
806KB, 732x720px
>>15479580
>>15479576
>lying
You literally have no proof
>tfw you'll never be a pretentious faggot who likes a poorly received show like Sins
>>
File: 1487268145393.png (189KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1487268145393.png
189KB, 1280x1122px
>>15479642
What is your problem?

>proof
You never posted any, either. Only what you "think". And even at that, it's a biased opinion since you've got something against the show itself or the animation director so it doesn't exactly count.
>>
File: Casshern Sins ED 3 Stitch 2.jpg (728KB, 3201x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern Sins ED 3 Stitch 2.jpg
728KB, 3201x1080px
Here's the 2nd stitch.
>>
File: Casshern Sins ED 3 Stitch 3.jpg (770KB, 3348x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern Sins ED 3 Stitch 3.jpg
770KB, 3348x1080px
And here's the 3rd. Both of these didn't take that long since they were very simple to stitch. The only problem was getting the right frame before the translation fades in.
>>
>>15479642
>proof
Where is your evidence of your claims in the first place?
>>
CUTE
>>
File: 18346359_p0.jpg (653KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
18346359_p0.jpg
653KB, 1000x1000px
EXTRA THICC
>>
File: 6981388_p0.jpg (594KB, 2023x1433px) Image search: [Google]
6981388_p0.jpg
594KB, 2023x1433px
Ha ha. Look at the size of his head.
>>
>Luna, get your fucking ass back here
Can't believe she tried to run away like that even though he knows she never had a choice.
>>
This was a good episode, though.
>>
File: EXTRA THICC.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
EXTRA THICC.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Silent Scope 3.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Scope 3.webm
2MB, 640x480px
This part was brutal.
>>
Yeah, Casshan, you just stare at that robo woman and her baby dying on the ground and walk on.
>>
And why is Luna a loli?
>>
File: JUST2.webm (468KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
JUST2.webm
468KB, 853x480px
They're so helpless getting massacred by those military-type robots.
>>
I literally cringed when these two guys appeared on screen. They look like they were designed by a 12 year old.
>>
YAMERO
>>
>>15483054
Because its nice.
>>
More stitches.
>>
Does Braiking have to make this face every time he appears on screen? He's always grinning like a One Piece character.
>>
File: Slut Luna.jpg (445KB, 948x2098px) Image search: [Google]
Slut Luna.jpg
445KB, 948x2098px
This moved up at an angle, but only slightly so it was simple to move the images into place and stitch it up. Only a small portion had to be cropped off. Also, thoughts on the 90's OVA series? It was the first thing of Casshan I ever saw, and I really like it.

It's the proper way to do a reboot.
>>
File: Lewd Luna Stitch.jpg (267KB, 958x1934px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd Luna Stitch.jpg
267KB, 958x1934px
The waving hair was a problem here and the lights in the background blending onto her costume, but I got it done eventually.
>>
>>15483670
>One Piece invented cheeky bruvs
>>
Let me know if there's anything wrong with these stitches.
>>
>>15483054
She looks like Ciel from Mega Man Zero. And I like that.
>>
>>15483684
Why does Luna randomly masturbate in the shower scene?
>>
File: 11642246_p0.jpg (250KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
11642246_p0.jpg
250KB, 640x480px
Female Casshan?

>>15483898
Because Casshan won't give her any.
>>
>>15483956
KUUUDAAKEEE KYAAASHAAAN-CHAN
>>
>>15483898
Tell me that there is a webm of that scene.
>>
>>15484128
Dont got it. I saw the OVA 7 years ago after watching Sins. It was episode 3 or of the OVA
>>
How can human women compete? Also, what were they thinking?
>>
This scene teared me up a little.
>>
File: ringo getting dried.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
ringo getting dried.webm
2MB, 853x480px
CUTE.

>>15483898
>masturbate
I remember the shower scene, but not that part. I'll webm it when it finishes downloading.
>>
Akubon, what did they do to you?
>>
Sins might have some of my favorite animation of any anime. I love the stylization and color to it. Wish there were more similarly stylized series besides that one PreCure season.
>>
>>15484195
No worries, thanks anyway.
>>
>>15484762
There is Saint Seiya Omega, but that one is divisive.

Wonder how much of Umakoshi's style is present here.
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2816
>>
>>15484727
The fanservice was pretty good but damn this OVA was boring.
>>
Tetsuya is FABULOUS.
>>
>>
>>15484794
Only people who hate Omega are spics and BR heuheuheh fags.
>>
Can someone tell me where Casshern comes from when they say "kyashan" (casshan)? That's always bugged me. Pic unrelated.

>>15487299
But don't those people love Saint Seiya? Why would they hate it?

>>15484811
I'd say it was pretty good. Great animation, action and the proper way to do a reboot.
>>
Luna doesn't look stupid at all wearing this.
>>
File: ad3c21861d952990f5a10353f08754bb.jpg (237KB, 1200x890px) Image search: [Google]
ad3c21861d952990f5a10353f08754bb.jpg
237KB, 1200x890px
>>15487299
>>15489852
That is already the reason: people hated Omega because they loved Saint Seiya. Much of the lasting love for Saint Seiya, at least here in Brazil, comes because of nostalgia reasons; one of the first animes that many of us seen in tv, covering the generation of 90's, and early 2000's. We all pretty much know that the series is in many aspects fucking stupid, badly developed, and that kurumada is a egocentric imbecile, but we still hold it somehow fondly because it was part of our childhood.

Now, try to revive something that is only appreciated for nostalgic reasons, with the almost same childish plot formula as the original, while changing some aesthetic aspects. Nostalgiafags get pissed. But Lost Canvas is pretty apreciated here, though.

For one, I think that Yoshihiko Umakoshi did a pretty good job modernizing the characters visual.
>>
You lied to me, anon.
>>
I remembering laughing when Black King went super saiyan on Casshan. Was also kinda cringy.
>>
Hmm?
>>
That just looks wrong like Casshan's gonna get that weapon of Leda's shoved in his ass next.
>>
>>15489934
She is playing with her tits while thinking of the C, so I think it somehow counts as. Also, thanks for the webm, blessed be your soul.
>>
Pregger's Leda

>>15489986
I just thought it was kinda more explicit since it was an OVA and all.
>>
>>15489997
Pregger Leda a cute.
>>
Even though this episode had some info in it, it had very bad animation at times and the pacing was awful. It was made even worse due to the fact that Casshan and Lyuze were background characters and that Ringo took the forefront.
>>
Tayto crisps?
>>
Though those kids were cute, god forgive the scientists who gave that kid pink hair. Now he's gonna get made fun of for the rest of his life. I hope they're happy with themselves.
>>
Blog over. More silly pictures.
>>
>>15487299
Spic here, can confirm this.
>>
>>15468401
Better than both Matrix sequels put together.
>>
>>15489852
They hate it because they are sub-humans who think censorship and moderation of violence in anime didn't change between the late 80s and early 90s with today. They hate it because they don't like new things.

>shitting on Umakoshi
>disliking the fact the fights were more physical combat then pew pew sparkle energy blasts
>hating on the armor/cloth styles in Omega, and even LC, and G/G-A

They are the worst.
>>
>>15491089
I don't hate Umakoshi, but you can' possibly defend Omega, at least not its first season, it was terribad
>>
>>15491112
First season was decent, second season was the one that dropped in quality in terms of story and that was a literal rehash of the Hades Chapter. And even then I still liked it because of Hyperion and Titan, even if the writers dropped the fucking ball and pussied out on having Ikki, Shiryuu, Kiki, and Fudo die off.

Omega is better then trash like Next Dimension. Hell even the source material is shit, most spics tend to wack it to Shingo Araki's adaption of the manga, not the manga itself. Also holy shit does anyone remember how much BR and huehuehu fags lost their mind when the showrunners included Yuna, a female Saint in the main cast?

The butthurt was galactic level.
>>
>>15489852
An "a" sound is often used for "er" sounds because having a consonant sound without a vowel sound after it is generally forbidden in Japanese. Can be unclear which way to romanize it.
>>
File: cashews2.png (334KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cashews2.png
334KB, 1280x720px
>>15456714
Finally an excuse to post the image I made 5 years ago
>>
This guy is so sad, and edgy.

>>15491391
Well, even so, they say it like "kyashan", so I myself prefer Casshan.

>>15491001
>>15491089
>>15491112
>>15491196
Is Saint Seiya any good? The series, I mean.

>>15491011
The 3rd was better than the 2nd because it's pure kino, but the Casshern live action movie is like a fly buzzing around the steaming shitpile that was the 2nd Matrix film. It isn't even in the same category.
>>
Casshan, you fucking cuck. For the love of God, why did they put this in Sins? I didn't think people were being serious when they said this, but it actually happened.
>>
>>15493321
>not liking the tokusatsu adaption of Casshern
Shit taste the post.
>>
>>15493344
It's just a dream.
>>
File: fuckyoushion.png (108KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoushion.png
108KB, 500x399px
>>15493321
Franchise is alright.

Original series is fully scanlated but the better side works like G and G - Assassin are behind in English scanlations so unless you are either fluent in Japanese, are French, Portguese, Spanish, or Italian, you aren't going to get caught up with them.

ND is both a sequel and prequel to the original story, again English scanlations are hugely behind. Lost Canvas is completed and fully available in English but its a non-canon prequel/spin-off story. Gaidens are currently still being made for it but those are ahead of English releases again for the same reason as G and G - A and ND.

As for quality, I like Okada's more ornate and super detailed Episode G and Episode G - Assassin stories but its goes into classical anime level "bug eyes" at times. Also the art while amazingly detailed and styled can be downright incomprehensible unless you are reading highest quality scans of it. Original manga started in 1983 and one of the main issues is there is a huge issue with same face; like early manga Seiya and Jabu are nearly identical and the fights are kind of boring after the Poseidon Chapter.

I say try reading Lost Canvas first, watching the OVAs of it, then watching the anime of Saint Seiya classical series and the Hades OVAs before moving onto seasons 1 and 2 of Omega.
>>
>>15493321
>Is Saint Seiya any good? The series, I mean.
honestly yes, the whole gold saint and asgard sagas are among the best thing any shones series has ever come up with

Poseidon arc was already dragging things, but at least it is short, then came the Hades chapter disaster, save for the first 13 episodes of that saga, the rest was fucking terrible

then came Omega, it at least tried something different, but I guess the nostalgia glasses never allowed it to take off entirely by the fan base

wasn't there later a new series about only the gold saints in asgard or some shit?
>>
>>15495194
>wasn't there later a new series about only the gold saints in asgard or some shit?
Yeah, "Soul of Gold". It was pretty much a straight advertisement for the Divine Gold Cloths. It went after a more classic style, but just had no budget in spite of taking two weeks for each episode.

There's a also an upcoming Santia Sho adaptation announced (Side story that starts around the beginning of the original series focused on some special female Saints that aren't bound to the mask rule, also appearances of Jabu and some Gold Saints), although there has been no news about that adaptation for a while.
>>
>>15495221
>Santia Sho adaptation
I've been reading the manga, I actually like it a lot, but it is funny how even though the females are the MC, the gold saints steal the spotlight all over again
>>
File: Koga got obari'd.jpg (79KB, 858x842px) Image search: [Google]
Koga got obari'd.jpg
79KB, 858x842px
>>15493711
>try reading Lost Canvas first
Lost canvas is a boring bland piece of shit, reharshing the worst arc from the original manga.

Everybody should start form the first anime serie, there is no alternative.
>>
>>15495571
Fuck off huehueheh.

>>15495221
Soul of Gold was fun. But I'm still amazed that even something as a 13 episode long ONA with two weeks per episode still ended up having huge amounts of QUALITY and shit animation.
>>
>>15495194
>asgard
Yet that one's entirely anime-original. It's a teastament to its quality, considering the people that had to come up with it without getting too far ahead of the manga.

Although I do wonder if the first show ever had full proper subs.
>>
File: daichi buff.jpg (48KB, 699x393px) Image search: [Google]
daichi buff.jpg
48KB, 699x393px
>>15495609
BR have shit taste and love Lost Canvas.
I also love Omega, just bow to my patrician opinion.

>>15495639
Once Baka is back, check the comment section on the Saint Seiya torrent.
There should be a guy named Hoj working on better english subs than crabstick.
>>
>>15495639
>asgard
>entirely anime-original
yeah, perhaps that is part of its charm. funny that a whole arc spawned from a little special chapter in the manga that only featured Hyoga wrecking some faggots in Siberia
>>
File: Shaka.jpg (4MB, 2855x2030px) Image search: [Google]
Shaka.jpg
4MB, 2855x2030px
>>15495650
Your taste is still shit. Most of spics complaining about LC cry about:

>Tenma not being Seiya

And then with the original series and ND they say:

>Wish Kurumada got rid of Seiya

The only valid complaint about LC is the armor being blockier. Episode G and G - A are the best.
>>
File: kudake casshan.webm (3MB, 863x360px) Image search: [Google]
kudake casshan.webm
3MB, 863x360px
>>15493345
I do like it, but I wouldn't say it makes a very good movie.
>>
File: hell march starts playing.webm (3MB, 863x360px) Image search: [Google]
hell march starts playing.webm
3MB, 863x360px
Movie makes a better music video, though.
>>
Tim Burton's Casshan looks really disappointing.
>>
>>15472015
Thank you anon. I need to rewatch it, but this time in jap
>>
>>15495639
>considering the people that had to come up with it without getting too far ahead of the manga.
They even had to end the Sanctuary arc only knowing a rough outline of what would happen in the manga. The anime was actually ahead of the manga at that point, which is why they needed a filler arc.
>>
Looks like he's having the time of his life.

>>15493383
Even so, she dreamed about fucking some nog, and that says alot.
>>
File: Hc93e.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hc93e.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>15456526
>>
>REEEEEE
This was laughable in the film.
>>
Looks more like a Warhammer 40k film.
>>
I uploaded the music of Sins if anybody is interested. Also, burn it with fire. Pic related, I mean.

https://mega.nz/#!G00mzYAK!lb3x4yVbCzeZpWOY7EyvbA5-H5cGuRb2tf6q4UPWokk
>>
YAMERO
>>
This episode was pointless. They could have had a scene with Casshern defending her and she thinks to herself "I'm useless. I can't live without him protecting me" instead of an entire episode about it.

What a waste of my time, but dat semen demon. Episode totally worth it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshimitsu_Banno

>Directing credits

>Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)
>Jinzo ningen Casshan (Android Casshan) (1988) (TV Series)

wut
nip wikipedia has nothing relating him to Casshan. Why is that there?
>>
>>15501997
adding to this

http://www.creativeanime.pw/_IMDB_1988_Casshan_.html

It seems to be some unproven rumor going back to the early 2000s
>>
Here's a few clips from the movie if anyone is interested in taking a trip down memory lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnNNiEaRxPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujzx9OvEvio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUCosEw8Agk

>>15501997
>(1988) (TV Series)
Literally what? Probably a mistake.
>>
You guys have me interested in Saint Seiya now. Should I do animu or mango?
>>
>>15504912
The anime, and if you really get hooked in the series, then read the manga.
>>
File: moe 48767 sample.jpg (235KB, 948x1000px) Image search: [Google]
moe 48767 sample.jpg
235KB, 948x1000px
>>15504912
definitely the anime
give it a try and stick with it until episode 15 I guess, that's when things begin to from a seemingly minor struggle to the events that lead to the famous sanctuary arc
>>
>>15493344
I, what?
>>
File: 1494101476704.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494101476704.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>15505252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eS6xLnhMJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RtdNzZiWzw
>>
I really liked the mood it set and the artstyle then the story and a majority of the characters. I don't think this show should have been as episodic and had more emphasis on the overarching plot. Also, I don't remember what the actual plot or ending because it was fucking years ago when I saw it but I 'do' remember feeling empty and like everything Casshern did was pretty much for nothing.

>>15460202
>>15461791
>>15461794
>>15461796
She should have been end girl. I liked her way more then that other pink hair who was following him around.

>>15468401
>>15469139
>>15469279
>>15469326
>>15469326
I loved this fucking movie
>>
EXTRA THICK

>>15509586
Thoughts on the movie? Other than you like it, I mean.
>>
>>
>>
>image limit reached
Darn it. I have more to post. New thread, I guess.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.