[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANN scores Gundam X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: ANN GX score.png (15KB, 528x256px) Image search: [Google]
ANN GX score.png
15KB, 528x256px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/after-war-gundam-x/sub.dvd-collection-2/.103245

Anime News Network gives Gundam X's second half (episodes 20-39) an "A" grade in story. For context, the reviewer gave the first half a C+ for being a Saturday morning cartoon that always looped back to a status quo. The second half, she says, is much better because the cancellaton gave the series better pacing and an actual plot. Do you agree?

Personally, I liked Gundam X, but an "A" is way too high. Opinons ofc, but Gundam X was pretty average.
>>
Gundam X has now dropped to least favorite after being given a good rating by ANN.
>>
Gundam X is so boring it gave my friend cancer

I mean shit, even SEED Destiny is at least fun to watch
>>
If you ask me, Gundam X barely touched on what a post-apocalyptic world ruined by a colony drop winter would be like, which IMO is a gigantic missed opportunity given how worldbuilding is one of the key aspects what makes a Gundam show works, you want to show how the world responds and deals with the issues at hand, it's why each Tomino Gundam is recognized for its worldbuilding. We don't see what people did in those 15 years underground, how they rebuilt their cities, what the effects of the disaster actually were, and so on. Relics of war and newtypes being treated as legends was a nice idea, but that only happened in the first episode really. Vultures are also an interesting concept, but they are dropped when the Feds enter the scene. I still don't know where Jamil gets all that money when we barely see the crew trading anything.

Though I'd say the first half is somewhat carried by its CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, it can still feel a bit too formulaic with its 'team journeys around and deals with an inconsequential bad guy' formula for the most part. The New Federation vs. Revolutionaries conflict is a bit more interesting because of how it deals with Newtypes both as a concept and not treating them like Jedi (but like a compass instead). The unfortunate part with this is once again the worldbuilding, where you get the impression that each entire faction revolves around the big evil fat guy in charge of them. All the other people under their command come off as mooks because we never fucking see them, or any of the civilians for that matter. Gundam X' character cast size is way too small for its own good. The latter half does have more tighter pacing and is a bit better overall, though the cancellation does leave some characters unexplored like Jamil's rival. The Frost Brothers' main motivation being 'we were looked down upon so we're gonna make everyone pay' was horribly childish as well.
>>
>>15455300
>'we were looked down upon so we're gonna make everyone pay'

I personally liked. It wasn't the whole psychopath megalomania thing like with most villains; they just happened to be two whiny brats lashing out for people not finding their Muh Telepathy to be of any use. Made sense given the value of Newtypes in the setting.

I find them to be more human and realistic than other Gundam villains, and the scene where Garrod even called their "pain" bullshit was great.
>>
>>15455323
I dropped it after the first episode because of the forced romance plot
The dude was cool but anything involving a borderline - literal - retard girl is shit
Why can't out just be like 0079 with heavily implied but not quite on screen romance? Fuck
>>
bumpo
>>
>>15455216
Those scores are too low
>>
>>15457281
Pretty sure the shit animation is correct.
>>
It was difficult to get through the first half or so, only for the second half be ehh at best to me. A post war, ruined earth could have been cool but it just felt so by the numbers and cartoony.
>>
>>15455216
The homo incest loving Frost Brothers with an inferior complex were unbearable.
Newtype rape Dolphin is retarded.
Garrod is a Gary Stus.
Tiffa got about as much personality as a cardboard.
Salsamille is nothing but a plot device.
>>
>>15457443
It really isn't
>>
>>15457637
It is. Gundam X has shit animation. Fact
>>
>>15457554
>Garrod is a Gary Stus.

How?
>>
>>15455216
How do those scores add up to a B+?
>>
>>15455216
ANN needs to review more gundam shows so /m/ can finally hate all of it.
>>
>>15455216
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/after-war-gundam-x/sub.dvd-collection-2/.103245

Eternal proof that ANN can't get mecha straight.
Just forget about that fucking site when it comes to giant robots, or really anything mechanical that doesn't involve an introverted fuck called Shinji who jerks off of a comatose 15 year old girl on a hospital bed.
>>
>>15458309
Is there a reason to ever use ANN even when giant robots aren't involved?
>>
>>15458319
Their series enclyopedia can be handy if Anidb lacks some staff info.
>>
>>15458267
Nope, it's good
>>15458274
where have you been all year?
>>
>>15458274
I'll save you the time:
SEED, Destiny and IBO = A Grade.
Everything Else = F Grade.
>>
>>15458271
Doesn't work that way. It’s like IGN’s review system when they had separate scores for presentation, replayability, music, etc.
>>
File: Fuck off.gif (874KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off.gif
874KB, 500x180px
>>15455216
Jesus christ, can you stop spamming your reviews here? FOr fuck sake why have the mods forsaken us?
>>
>>15458718
No the animation is shit. Sunrise was already shitting with Wing, but they took a full dump with X. So much recycled animation, especially in fight scenes. Double X had that same melee animation way too much. Same goes for static shots of WAPOW moments, and other MS repeating the same franes when shooting.

X had shit animation. Fact
>>
>>15460953
>Implying that women go to /m/
>>
>>15460975
I think you are thinking of Turn A because if you mean X you are overreacting.
>>
>>15460986
Or you’re blind
>>
File: 84913273298.jpg (465KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
84913273298.jpg
465KB, 1024x576px
>>15461016
Nope, you are.
>>
File: le you.jpg (41KB, 710x639px) Image search: [Google]
le you.jpg
41KB, 710x639px
>>15461025
>>
>>15458718
>>15458743
Excellent. Now they just need to grade the rest of mecha anime in it's entirety, and then this board can be abandoned and everyone can be re-assimilated into /a/
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.