[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Touch:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cobra-poster.jpg (1MB, 1977x2949px) Image search: [Google]
cobra-poster.jpg
1MB, 1977x2949px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU

Hillarious this song was written for the film Cobra, and was to be Marion Cobretti's triumphant theme song.
>>
Cobra ft. Dirk Diggler with special appearance by The Transformers.
>>
>>15455146
>Dirk Diggler
good shit
>>
>>15455083
Cobra movie is /m/. Remember that Knudsen's photo studio scene?
>>
>>15455083
Cobra is such a fascinating movie when you look at the absolute clusterfuck it was behind the scenes. It went from being the original Beverly Hills Cop to its own action movie that was so violent for its time it had to get a half hour of footage cut out and it's blatantly obvious while watching it. Also it has a lot of scenes that's just Stallone saying how much he hates our current justice system and basic human rights when it comes to police procedures. Almost everyone in it who questions him on his actions or following basic protocol is portrayed as absolute scum, even the final fight is jretty much saying cops should be able to execute criminals on sight. If this movie were released as is today there would be an absolute shitstorm over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxggEaX4LLI
>>
>>15455461

There's lots of weird/random scenes too. Like Marion cutting a pizza scissors, or him starting shit with some guys with his car for no reason.

> Also it has a lot of scenes that's just Stallone saying how much he hates our current justice system and basic human rights when it comes to police procedures. Almost everyone in it who questions him on his actions or following basic protocol is portrayed as absolute scum, even the final fight is jretty much saying cops should be able to execute criminals on sight. If this movie were released as is today there would be an absolute shitstorm over it.

That's just a product of the time. There was a spike of crime and urban decay. So a lot of people got frustrated with this, and pushed for "tough on crime". These films are fantasies where we just let cops go nuts. There's a whole genre like this, called "Fascist Cop" films.

RoboCop is interesting in that it plays the violence like a fascist cop film, but it's ultimately very left wing. yeah, the drug dealers are bad, but the criminals in teh board room are just as dangerous.
>>
>>15455529
>That's just a product of the time

I should've elaborated on my original post more. I know it was a common thing for action movies at the time but Cobra takes it to a much higher levels that it just really sticks out unlike something like Lethal Weapon where it feels more natural.
>>
>>15455529
>very left wing.
We don't like capitalism, but we don't know how to criticise it and we have no idea what we don't like: the movie
>>
>>15455146
Neat
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.